Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

I hope so. I'm completely bored with sports cars.

i hope so to, with the seeker jets. i am not to board with the cars just yet except all the damn repaints, :ph34r:

I was checking out Tformers.com and they just posted a link to a guys website w/ out of box pics of Decepticharge... here it is...

http://www.blogcn.com/user15/tankor/blog/6937155.html

i like it!! =] but not the name....

looks cool , he looks alittle to plasticy, i would prefer the binaltech metal look alot better.

chris

uh those pictures dont really show that it is metal.

Anyway, read this article review from Anime punch. dumbest retards ever!!! (not Anime punch)

what a stinking piece of crap, February 2, 2005

Reviewer: TreyTable (Erie, PA) - See all my reviews

Damn, this ttoy sure looks sharp; that is when it's still in its package. Once you get it out, it's another story altogether. Pros: looks nice. Cons: feet constantly fall off, Prime cannot get a good grip on his rifle. That makes no sense to me at all. The hands are designed pretty much the same as the Alernators "Smokescreen" and "Silverstreak" and they can hold their guns with ease, Prime cannot. Another thing, most of the body of Prime is die-cast metal, but his feet are made of low quality plastic, which makes Prime top heavy. (that means when standing up he is surte to fall over.) What a freaking joke. I'd rather own the Powermaster Optimus Prime than this piece of crap. I'm sending it back to Amazon ASAP and getting a refund. One shouldn't have to fix a brand new item, [...] My G1 Optimus Prime (and Ultra Magnus) may not look as neat as this Prime, but at least they can stand on their own two feet. I had such high hopes for this product. Too bad it didn't reach any ofthem.

I think this toy is stupid., December 7, 2004

A Kid's Review

It is to expensive. Also it is probably will break easly.

20 years for this?!?, May 16, 2004

Reviewer: David M. Connell "KFGatri" (Collingdale, PA United States) - See all my reviews

(REAL NAME)

The online pictures of this figure had me eagerly awaiting this toy just like most fans. I read the reports about it having diecast, but opted to get it anyway. I should have saved my money.

First, the good points: It's a great robot mode, very show-accurate, though not perfect. There's a little unfortunate Dreamwave/Pat Lee influence in the design, but not enough to ruin the toy by itself. It's extremely detailed and highly posable.

The bad: Diecast metal! WHY? It makes the toy excessively heavy & unwieldy. I have a weight set; I don't need to curls with Prime. The weight of the diecast also makes it difficult to keep Prime in a pose other than standing at attention for any length of time. The paint on the diecast is also extremely prone to chipping. Mine started losing paint 12 hours after I got it, after 3 gentle handlings. I'm afraid to touch the thing now.

The vehicle mode is a let-down. All the pictures you see of it are from the front. There's a reason for that. When viewed frm any other angle, the robot kibble is clearly visible. You can see the pistons on his elbows, his leg detailing is clearly visible (on the original, it was at least on the bottom). As a representation of Prime's vehicle mode, it fails miserably.

And then there's the features. He's got a light-up Matrix, comm panels in both arms, vents on his legs that open when you make him step, a movable faceplate, and working suspension. The Matrix and the suspension are really cool, but the rest leave me indifferent. For $70 we should have gotten a gun that lights up to simulate laser blasts (though the simulated lens in the barrel is a nice touch) and a voice box with actual Peter Cullen dialogue. Or barring that, at least Garry Chalk or Neil Kaplan. And storage for his accesories would have been prime, as well.

Maybe I've been spoiled by the standard TF lines of late, but 20th Prime just doesn't do enough, and isn't durable enough to justify the expense. My recommendation is to pass on this monster and get Energon Prime and Scorponok instead. The pair of them cost the same as this one figure, and either of them are far more fun.

avoid this one, February 24, 2004

Reviewer: "a_guy_in_chicago" (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews

I was really looking forward to this toy, but it is quite a disappointment. Just getting through the maze-like packaging is a daunting task, which in my case required boxcutters and scissors over the course of a half-hour. Once you have the toy out, you find that notwithstanding the high-quality materials, it is badly designed. Parts of the toy keep popping out of place, and some of the joints are jammed so that transforming becomes an act of both strength and frustration. All the vaunted battery does is light up a little LED--not very exciting. The moving mouth effect is cute, but besides the nice die-cast metal, that's about the only good thing there is. The price is outrageous for what you get. Give me the original G1 over this hunk 'o junk anyday--I'm sending this one back.

In other words my cliff notes . . .

Blah Blah blah Im too weak to lift a heavy toy to my face to appreciate the detail.

Yay lets celebrate mediocrity!!!!

pffft diecast? Cmon man its all about high grade ABS Plastic man. I mean Energon Prime give me a load in my pants all the time!!!!!

Edited by Solscud007

uh those pictures dont really show that it is metal.

Anyway, read this article review from Anime punch. dumbest retards ever!!! (not Anime punch)

what a stinking piece of crap, February 2, 2005

Reviewer: TreyTable (Erie, PA) - See all my reviews

Damn, this ttoy sure looks sharp; that is when it's still in its package. Once you get it out, it's another story altogether. Pros: looks nice. Cons: feet constantly fall off, Prime cannot get a good grip on his rifle. That makes no sense to me at all. The hands are designed pretty much the same as the Alernators "Smokescreen" and "Silverstreak" and they can hold their guns with ease, Prime cannot. Another thing, most of the body of Prime is die-cast metal, but his feet are made of low quality plastic, which makes Prime top heavy. (that means when standing up he is surte to fall over.) What a freaking joke. I'd rather own the Powermaster Optimus Prime than this piece of crap. I'm sending it back to Amazon ASAP and getting a refund. One shouldn't have to fix a brand new item, [...] My G1 Optimus Prime (and Ultra Magnus) may not look as neat as this Prime, but at least they can stand on their own two feet. I had such high hopes for this product. Too bad it didn't reach any ofthem.

I think this toy is stupid., December 7, 2004

A Kid's Review

It is to expensive. Also it is probably will break easly.

20 years for this?!?, May 16, 2004

Reviewer: David M. Connell "KFGatri" (Collingdale, PA United States) - See all my reviews

(REAL NAME)

The online pictures of this figure had me eagerly awaiting this toy just like most fans. I read the reports about it having diecast, but opted to get it anyway. I should have saved my money.

First, the good points: It's a great robot mode, very show-accurate, though not perfect. There's a little unfortunate Dreamwave/Pat Lee influence in the design, but not enough to ruin the toy by itself. It's extremely detailed and highly posable.

The bad: Diecast metal! WHY? It makes the toy excessively heavy & unwieldy. I have a weight set; I don't need to curls with Prime. The weight of the diecast also makes it difficult to keep Prime in a pose other than standing at attention for any length of time. The paint on the diecast is also extremely prone to chipping. Mine started losing paint 12 hours after I got it, after 3 gentle handlings. I'm afraid to touch the thing now.

The vehicle mode is a let-down. All the pictures you see of it are from the front. There's a reason for that. When viewed frm any other angle, the robot kibble is clearly visible. You can see the pistons on his elbows, his leg detailing is clearly visible (on the original, it was at least on the bottom). As a representation of Prime's vehicle mode, it fails miserably.

And then there's the features. He's got a light-up Matrix, comm panels in both arms, vents on his legs that open when you make him step, a movable faceplate, and working suspension. The Matrix and the suspension are really cool, but the rest leave me indifferent. For $70 we should have gotten a gun that lights up to simulate laser blasts (though the simulated lens in the barrel is a nice touch) and a voice box with actual Peter Cullen dialogue. Or barring that, at least Garry Chalk or Neil Kaplan. And storage for his accesories would have been prime, as well.

Maybe I've been spoiled by the standard TF lines of late, but 20th Prime just doesn't do enough, and isn't durable enough to justify the expense. My recommendation is to pass on this monster and get Energon Prime and Scorponok instead. The pair of them cost the same as this one figure, and either of them are far more fun.

avoid this one, February 24, 2004

Reviewer: "a_guy_in_chicago" (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews

I was really looking forward to this toy, but it is quite a disappointment. Just getting through the maze-like packaging is a daunting task, which in my case required boxcutters and scissors over the course of a half-hour. Once you have the toy out, you find that notwithstanding the high-quality materials, it is badly designed. Parts of the toy keep popping out of place, and some of the joints are jammed so that transforming becomes an act of both strength and frustration. All the vaunted battery does is light up a little LED--not very exciting. The moving mouth effect is cute, but besides the nice die-cast metal, that's about the only good thing there is. The price is outrageous for what you get. Give me the original G1 over this hunk 'o junk anyday--I'm sending this one back.

In other words my cliff notes . . .

Blah Blah blah Im too weak to lift a heavy toy to my face to appreciate the detail.

Yay lets celebrate mediocrity!!!!

pffft diecast? Cmon man its all about high grade ABS Plastic man. I mean Energon Prime give me a load in my pants all the time!!!!!

damn, those are some harsh critics.

damn, those are some harsh critics.

you mean stupid critics

I've not had any of the problems they were complaining about. Playing around with mine, I've deliberately placed him in poses that I was certain would topple the toy over, but Prime was able to hold them easily. Also, I've had zero paint chipping, and I've had mine since the first month MPC Prime was available in the States.

The way they complain about the weight of the toy gives me mental images of them in highschool getting beat up and their lunch money taken by elementary school kids.

this is taken from transformers.com

TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON ”SUPREME CLASS” FIGURE

(Approximate retail price: $49.99; Recommended for ages 5 & up)

The TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON Supreme Class STARCREAM figure is the most challenging foe the AUTOBOT forces have ever seen! The evil STARSCREAM figure, second in command of the DECEPTICONS, stands at more than 14-inches and converts from robot to jet, features lights and battle sounds, and comes with a gold crown of leadership. STARSCREAM includes two CYBER PLANET KEYS, unlocking two different mechanical features. First, a hidden sword that swings out from underneath his right arm. Second, a projectile launcher that swings out from underneath his left arm.

i'll be looking for pics, if i find any, i'll be sure to post them......

-_- Yeah, I saw proto pics of it and it looks like the shoulder missiles are molded in transparent purple, possibily to light up. <_< Meh.

As soon as I get him I'll be painting those two parts in the proper goldish color.

Or....I could take a mold of one, and fix it up with three missile instead of the two, hmmm...

In either case this is old news, since the middle of January. Checkout TFormers.com for pics. :)

this is taken from transformers.com

TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON ”SUPREME CLASS” FIGURE

(Approximate retail price: $49.99; Recommended for ages 5 & up)

The TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON Supreme Class STARCREAM figure is the most challenging foe the AUTOBOT forces have ever seen! The evil STARSCREAM figure, second in command of the DECEPTICONS, stands at more than 14-inches and converts from robot to jet, features lights and battle sounds, and comes with a gold crown of leadership. STARSCREAM includes two CYBER PLANET KEYS, unlocking two different mechanical features. First, a hidden sword that swings out from underneath his right arm. Second, a projectile launcher that swings out from underneath his left arm.

i'll be looking for pics, if i find any, i'll be sure to post them......

"gold crown of leadership" ? :huh: ?

:D

Is there a power stuggle again at some point?

I was checking out Tformers.com and they just posted a link to a guys website w/ out of box pics of Decepticharge... here it is...

http://www.blogcn.com/user15/tankor/blog/6937155.html

i like it!! =] but not the  name....

looks cool , he looks alittle to plasticy, i would prefer the binaltech metal look alot better.

chris

I kinda like it actually, and I'm no fan of Yellow cars. The text and black makes up for it. Looks better than Windcharger at least.

I'm getting kinda tired of cars too. I've actually comtemplated putting some of my Alts away for space already. I want Soundwave definately, and Wheeljack. Not sure about Decepticharge or Prowl. Prowl depends on the final model pics. If the pics of him actually are the right transformation then forget it. I don't see how that could be the right leg orientation though. It looks dumb like that.

Jets would be welcome, though at 1/72 an F-16 might be kinda hard.

I hope they do an A-10 Powerglide at least. Wonder what they have in store.

Doesn't private feedback defeat the purpose of leaving feedback? I wouldn't trust any seller that used that.

Hidden feedback always cunfuses me... defeats the purpose, so why do they allow it?

I am psyched about 1/72 Alt jets... should be awesome.

Solscud... so whcih toy is that? I am unfammiliar with a mini Prime smaller than WST Prime... I want one.

Yeah, I freaking cant stand hidden feedback. As you guys have mentioned already, it totally defeats the purpose, but.........

I know one reason they let you do that....

for example....I was selling some stuff on ebay, and I had a lot of people selling the same item. They stole all my ideas, and pictures, ect......They knew my source and would buy and sell what ever I bought and sold if it did good. And they would just steal my pictures and discription. So I started selling the stuff so cheap that they couldnt sell it cheaper than me, and I got most of the buisness. IN fact, I started selling my stuff cheaper than what I paid for it and losing money just to make sure nobody would buy from the other guys. They eventually gave up, but heres my example. My competitors would log into ebay on different fake alias acounts, say bid on 20 of my items just so they can leave me 20 negative feedbacks. And if I left them 20 negative feedbacks, it didnt matter because it was just a fake account for them. But now my reputation that I have worked very hard to maintane is really bad. It will only reduce my positive feedback by 1, but when somebody clicked my feedback record, it showed that I got 20 negative feedback in a week, and it made me look really bad. I have seen people get over a hundred negatives like this. Its called feedback bombing. This was back in the day, and ebay wouldnt remove any feedback. But they would let you hide you feedback. Wich still sucks, because it makes you look bad as a seller. I dont plan on bidding on any auciton where somebody is hiding there feedback, even though they have a good reason.

I finally found a Windcharger! Nothing more really to say about it, I'm just excited as an ardent S2000 fan.

are you going to get the barrel for windcharger?

Guys. If you have a local borders or bnn nearby, check out last month's lee's action figures and toy review mag. It had pics of the hand painted proto supreme king starscream. The crown is removable. Looked pretty cool.

And I can also say that the rumor could be false.

IT showed up a few months back first @seibertron.com. After that it spread like wildfire, and of course me@2005 went ballistic. Eagleeyejoe from the joe boards even said there would be confirmation awaiting within a week of the rumor announcement but he never got back to us on that. The suzuka blue S2000 that we all thought would be soundwave(again according to the rumor section@seibertron.com) ended up being a YELLOW S2000 called decepticharge. That part of the rumor was shot down less than a week later when Tankor Cn found the Decepticharge proto and announced that it was yellow. Followed by more pics, and even more resulting in the pics on his blog lately.

And as for 1/72,me and others agree it is kind of small. A 1/72 F-16 is TOO small for an alternator jet. I've got one across from me now, it would really have to be at LEAST 1/48 to be feasible. A 1/72 F-16 is barely bigger than a 6 inch marvel legends figure in comparison.

It's going to be interesting to see what transformation design they decide to rip off this time. The original Jetfire was a direct rip of the old Taka Valk, so I wonder if they will somehow copy or mimic the newer and much better Yammie design. Jetfire was the ONLY Transformer plane that actually looked cool, and the rest sucked big time.

It's going to be interesting to see what transformation design they decide to rip off this time. The original Jetfire was a direct rip of the old Taka Valk, so I wonder if they will somehow copy or mimic the newer and much better Yammie design. Jetfire was the ONLY Transformer plane that actually looked cool, and the rest sucked big time.

I'm somewhat offended by this statement. Jetfire was officially licensed from Takatoku. Similar licensing was made for Shockwave and Omega Supreme from other companies. The only difference is Hasbro/Takara didn't have the animation rights to Jetfire. They didn't "rip" anybody.

Guys. If you have a local borders or bnn nearby, check out last month's lee's action figures and toy review mag. It had pics of the hand painted proto supreme king starscream. The crown is removable. Looked pretty cool.

And I can also say that the rumor could be false.

IT showed up a few months back first @seibertron.com. After that it spread like wildfire, and of course me@2005 went ballistic. Eagleeyejoe from the joe boards even said there would be confirmation awaiting within a week of the rumor announcement but he never got back to us on that. The suzuka blue S2000 that we all thought would be soundwave(again according to the rumor section@seibertron.com) ended up being a YELLOW S2000 called decepticharge. That part of the rumor was shot down less than a week later when Tankor Cn found the Decepticharge proto and announced that it was yellow. Followed by more pics, and even more resulting in the pics on his blog lately.

And as for 1/72,me and others agree it is kind of small. A 1/72 F-16 is TOO small for an alternator jet. I've got one across from me now, it would really have to be at LEAST 1/48 to be feasible. A 1/72 F-16 is barely bigger than a 6 inch marvel legends figure in comparison.

ummmm a 1/48 jet would be larger than a 1/48 shin. There is no way they will be making them in 1/48 scale. a I'd bet the scale will be some where between 1/72 and 1/60th. Around the same size as the 1/60th scale valks.

If they are looking to keep these in the same price range as the current Binaltechs/Alternators, they have to go with 1/72nd scale - if they go up to 1/48th scale, they are going to increase in price probably three fold, at least...

Ok, let's run some quick numbers:

F-14 - Real life length x wingspan - 752" x 770"

F-15 - Real life length x wingspan - 765" x 513"

F-16 - Real life length x wingspan - 591" x 394"

F-14 - Scale length x wingspan - 10.4" x 10.7"

F-15 - Scale length x wingspan - 10.6" x 7.1"

F-16 - Scale length x wingspan - 8.2" x 5.5"

Now, I would be the first to jump at 1/48 jets - but that's just alot of money, and they'd be huge - the sizes above prove they'd be more in scale with the existing Alternators/Binaltechs if they were 1/72nd scale, not 1/48...

I'm somewhat offended by this statement. Jetfire was officially licensed from Takatoku. Similar licensing was made for Shockwave and Omega Supreme from other companies. The only difference is Hasbro/Takara didn't have the animation rights to Jetfire. They didn't "rip" anybody.

You got "offended" by that? Does someone in your family work for one of the mentioned toy companies or something? You really shouldn't let what I or anyone else says on here bother you so much.

I finally found a Windcharger! Nothing more really to say about it, I'm just excited as an ardent S2000 fan.

are you going to get the barrel for windcharger?

I'd like to ... his gun is pretty wimpy ....

Yeah it is without that barrel. I ended up ordering mine through JD productions blah blah blah for 8 bux (free shipping) so gonna wait and see hwo it turns out