Milia's VF-4 Racing Custom [1/72]

PetarB

Unfortunately I can't. I get around it by either painting the decal area white, then overlaying the transparent decal, or trimming out a shape out of existing white decal, and having a double-layered decal. Once the finishing coat has gone on, you can't tell the difference.

I used this technique a lot on this scratchbuild (which won a couple of awards!).

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread but this VF-4 is friggin awesome!!! B))

miliaflightoffancybanner.jpg

How could I let 2012 go without doing another VF-4?

Here is Milia's VF-4 Racing Custom.

I had really hoped that the 'Macross: The Ride' racing series would encourage people to do some more racing customs. I love military aircraft, but I also love racers, with their crazy colour schemes and sponsor logos plastered all over the place. I thought about Milia - a pilot hotshot, no longer in active duty. What would she do? Why not race with a hotted-up retro VF-4!

However, this V4-F has some pretty substantial... modifications. From the souped up engines, reformed cowlings, control surfaces and even wings... a lot has been replaced in subtle and not-so-subtle ways.

Custom decals were produced, one with a fun little spin on Milia's origins. Some were cribbed from a Macross decals option sheet.

While I love weathering, somehow, it didn't seem appropriate for a racer like this. It was all about chrome and gloss finishes, and black, red and white.

Enjoy the pics.

vf-4miriyaracingspecial-backthreequarter
vf-4miriyaracingspecial-frontthreequarte
vf-4miriyaracingspecial-cockpitdetail.jpvf-4miriyaracingspecial-backthrusterview
vf-4miriyaracingspecial-frontprofileview
vf-4miriyaracingspecial-sideprofileview.
vf-4miriyaracingspecial-frontthreequarte
vf-4miriyaracingspecial-topdownfrontview
vf-4miriyaracingspecial-intakedetail.jpg
vf-4miriyaracingspecial-topthreequarters

Thanks for looking!

Regards, Petar

Max? Of course!

See: 1:72 VF-2SS Max Special

Wow! I love the chromed parts. They give the plane a true racer feel. A fitting follow up to that amazing VF-2 Max Special!!

Thank you for sharing.

Though, who do I have to kill to get some hires images of both amazing projects?

Edited by Zinjo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...