1/48 GBP!

nightmareB4macross

looks pretty sweet. too bad the guys probably only making one. oh and whats up with the blocky arm pieces? they're supposed to be rounded. Fulcy(and/or friends is/are also working on making a GBP armor. hopefully he'll be making more than one set too but i doubt it. :unsure:

more than likely, i think yamato will make it eventually, i just hope its sooner than later.

Well, it seems he is only using it as the base to befin making his custom. You can see he is adding material to the parts to make them actually fit.

By the way did you happen to check out his "How To" Section and his VF-1A M&M(s) they're pretty cool. (Max looks a bit metallic, not really to my liking, but to each his own). Still great work.

NB4M :)

i checked out some of the other stuff but i really don't speak/read japanese so all i can do is oooo and ahhhh. :D

something just popped into my head that i thought would be a cool feature...the 1/60 GPB just sits there, i mean, its cool but it just sits there. no real features other than a the little flippy pieces but that ain't much.

so i was thinking for the GPB in 1/48 scale, yamato(or people making there own) could make the inside section of the armor vinyl. meaning, they insert a piece of vinyl or something where the missiles are displayed and have it so you can individually put in and take out each missile.....does that make sense?

like for the shoulder armor, it wouldn't have to be thick piece of vinyl, just enough to hold the mini missiles in place. yamato wouldn't have to recast them since the FP mini-miss would work fine and the guys who are making them, can also do this and add a little bonus feature to their work.

i don't know if any of this makes sense but i think it would be neat. :)

Guys, take a closer look at that stuff, it looks like the leg and arm armors are the old 1/55 stuff.

Chances are, he's modifying.

indeed its a 1/55 mod'ed GBP, but its still better than the one none of us have. :)

besides, i have no skills/patience when it comes to modifying and scratch building, you gotta be a pro to pull it off nice. if i had a 1/55, i would certainly try and attempt it but it wouldn't have a single moving part. :p

whatevs, its still looks cool but i hope someone goes through the trouble to make one with removeable mini missiles.

Mini Missiles, removable, perfect looking! :D

Very nice idea. YAMATO are you listening??? :ph34r:

Max looks cool but Miriya could have also been done in metallic. Despite that it's all great work - I never could do that.

Somehow I really love the Brownie....1/48....nice finishing....very nice custom! :rolleyes:

I posted this question already a few times yet but did not get a reply so far:

Where any 1/48 Cannon Fodder ever made?

Do you think they will come if not yet existing?

Thanx.

I posted this question already a few times yet but did not get a reply so far:

Where any 1/48 Cannon Fodder ever made?

Do you think they will come if not yet existing?

Thanx.

nah, they haven't made it yet but its on the top of everyones list. i don't think we'll see a new 1/48 release til maybe christmas....maybe. :unsure: maybe even a DYRL kaz? *crosses fingers*

i can't see why not, but yamato has done weird things in the past so you never know?

what gonna be the next release? well the answer to that question is in my sig. :p

nah, they haven't made it yet but its on the top of everyones list. i don't think we'll see a new 1/48 release til maybe christmas....maybe. :unsure: maybe even a DYRL kaz? *crosses fingers*

i can't see why not, but yamato has done weird things in the past so you never know?

what gonna be the next release? well the answer to that question is in my sig. :p

Thanx haterist - there is still hope! :D

I personally would prefer the brownie before Kaz's, but that's just me.... :)

The GBP for autumn and a nice CF for x-mas .... dream a little dream with me..... :p

looks pretty sweet. too bad the guys probably only making one. oh and whats up with the blocky arm pieces? they're supposed to be rounded. Fulcy(and/or friends is/are also working on making a GBP armor. hopefully he'll be making more than one set too but i doubt it. :unsure:

more than likely, i think yamato will make it eventually, i just hope its sooner than later.

Ah, ye of little faith - have patience! :D

looks pretty sweet.  too bad the guys probably only making one.  oh and whats up with the blocky arm pieces?  they're supposed to be rounded.  Fulcy(and/or friends is/are also working on making a GBP armor.  hopefully he'll be making more than one set too but i doubt it.  :unsure:

Ah, ye of little faith - have patience! :D

Patience is no virtue of mine....

Besides, I thought you were working on the AG... not the GBP... :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I half-started doing the same thing with my GBP. The 1/55 GBP is so big that it could be modified to fit onto a 1/48. I can almost fully dress my 1/48 in 1/55 GBP enough for a convincing frontal pic. I was about to post a pic, but my digicam crapped out on me. :(

Btw, I like Max VF-1J Blue Scheme with the 1A head a lot for some reason. Looks good! And it looks like he tinted the canopy for some reason. Too bad they'll never issue a Max Blue VF-1D Marriage Valk. Chris Baretta's 1/55 Heads, btw, are the same size as the 1/48 heads, pretty close. So I bet someone could do a 1-Seater VF-1D........

Edited by redemption

• 2 weeks later...
From the Wonderfest, it seems they are going to make a GBP 1/48. But then again I will see it when I believe it.

huh? you mean you believe it when you see it don't cha? :p

same here, i know they said its coming but yamato has said a great many things that haven't panned out so seeing is believing.

i just hope they don't make it like the 1/55 or the 1/60 GBP, where nothing moves, and the valk itself is barely poseable. i'm keeping my finger crossed on this one.

From the Wonderfest, it seems they are going to make a GBP 1/48.  But then again I will see it when I believe it.

same here, i know they said its coming but yamato has said a great many things that haven't panned out so seeing is believing.

i just hope they don't make it like the 1/55 or the 1/60 GBP, where nothing moves, and the valk itself is barely poseable. i'm keeping my finger crossed on this one.

Well it goes for the samething as the YF-19 FPs and 1/60 Destroid Monster. Now if they can drop tidbits on the 1/48 CF, Ostrich, Elint, and the VF-1D.

• 2 weeks later...
From the Wonderfest, it seems they are going to make a GBP 1/48.  But then again I will see it when I believe it.

Well it goes for the samething as the YF-19 FPs and 1/60 Destroid Monster. Now if they can drop tidbits on the 1/48 CF, Ostrich, Elint, and the VF-1D.

I'm dying for a CF. It's so easy for Yamato to do, but I think they might not anytime soon because some people won't forget that TRU exclusive VF-1A Brown Version. I hope that they do make this, I really don't want to customise unless I have to. :(

Oh, and I really don't want to buy the 1/60 series either. The VF-1D shouldn't be that hard for Yamato. If you compare the 1/60 Yamato VF-1D and A, there isn't that much of a change in the size of the heatshield or fuselage or cockpit canopy. Sure, none of it is compatible with the other VFs, but who cares? It's a sweet VF!

Edited by kensei