Who is buying DOOM 3?

ogami

Archviles don't show up until the recycling complex. Treat them like imps, only pay attention to the rockets, as they home in on you.

Mind you, they're not the worst thing so far. The evil hell-babies with their glowing eyes are worse on the disturbing factor...

Archviles don't show up until the recycling complex. Treat them like imps, only pay attention to the rockets, as they home in on you.

Mind you, they're not the worst thing so far. The evil hell-babies with their glowing eyes are worse on the disturbing factor...

Dude, you are confused with the Revenant. Archvilles are the flamer/summoner type monsters. Yes you meet them later....and they pack quite a punch. Blast it fast when you see it. Later levels, they summon hell knigts. :blink:

Does anyone know what are the differences between "calling the fleet" and not calling the fleet? AFAIK, the ending is the same either way.

Does anyone know what are the differences between "calling the fleet" and not calling the fleet? AFAIK, the ending is the same either way.

Very little difference. If you don't do it, the head bad scientist (already forgot name) announces later that he went ahead and did it for you.

Other than that, and what they say to you immediately after you make the choice (save the game and do both for fun). . . no difference at all.

H

I don't know if any of you guys played Neil Manke's "They Hunger" mods for Halflife, but Doom 3 is giving me the same heeby-jeebies. As far as horror experiences goes this is right up there at the top of the list in my book. I love the atmosphere and the darkness of the game, there have been several times so far where I have just had to hit the escape key and take a break from the game for an hour or so I was so deeply engrossed in the game and freaked out.

Heart Pounding fun, :)

I don't know how anyone could not like this game unless they hate being frightend.

Heheh... I remember playing "They Hunger!"

That mod was awesome. Not... enough... ammo!!!

Very little difference. If you don't do it, the head bad scientist (already forgot name) announces later that he went ahead and did it for you.

Other than that, and what they say to you immediately after you make the choice (save the game and do both for fun). . . no difference at all.

H

Ahhh k....that sucks then <_<

Doom 3 fails to be scary with Betruger's evil laughing and insane crap like "Your soul is mine". Geeeez....you're just a crummy mad scientist....shuttup and get lost. If you had a demon voice, now THAT would be scary. :p

Doom 3 fails to be scary with Betruger's evil laughing and insane crap like "Your soul is mine". Geeeez....you're just a crummy mad scientist....shuttup and get lost. If you had a demon voice, now THAT would be scary.  :p

I could be wrong, but obviously you haven't gotten far enough into the game to realize who or what Petruger is.

By the way, I haven't seen this posted yet, so I'll go ahead and do it. It may be old news. If you would rather find out on your own, then do not read the number at the bottom of the post. go to Martian Buddy and get it yourself. This code is for the locker that this guy wins from Martian Buddy which there is no code for. Here it is...

The Code: 0508

Doom 3 fails to be scary with Betruger's evil laughing and insane crap like "Your soul is mine". Geeeez....you're just a crummy mad scientist....shuttup and get lost. If you had a demon voice, now THAT would be scary.  :p

I could be wrong, but obviously you haven't gotten far enough into the game to realize who or what Petruger is.

By the way, I haven't seen this posted yet, so I'll go ahead and do it. It may be old news. If you would rather find out on your own, then do not read the number at the bottom of the post. go to Martian Buddy and get it yourself. This code is for the locker that this guy wins from Martian Buddy which there is no code for. Here it is...

whoa... I was going crazy over that one... never thought to think outside the box and check in the real world... alright, so I'm a tad slow <_<

Could be just me, but playing on Normal, it seems as if the difficulty suddenly ramps up right at the part when you have to call in the fleet... suddenly I find myself short on ammo, armour, health, and adequate cover... the chainsaw took care of the ammo problem though :D

Little side note: check out the Reznor sound pack. Gives most weapons and some mobs sound effects that Trent Reznor originaly made. For those of you who thought the guns sounded wimpy, Reznor makes the pistol sound like a shotgun... the shotgun sounds like a friggin' hand cannon now. I think Trent Reznor was going for the "retro" feel, since the imps now sound a whole lot more familiar to the ear with the good ol Doom growl.

• 3 weeks later...

I never intended to buy doom 3, but when you are walking around a computer store and see a bunch on a shelf, you do. I have a gateway with a low end 128 geforce, 512 RAM, And 2 gigahertz and yet it still lags in low quality mode, especially when more than 2 enemies appear.

Does anyone know how I can make the game run smoother (w/o upgrades). I heard someone, maybe in here, increased occupied hard drive memory for the game(?). I don' want to give up all the lighting and bumpmapping it has to offer. But if it does come to the point where I need upgrades, I will have a few questions. First of all, will 2 seperate 128 PCI video cards equall 256 total visual memory? And where, on or offline, can you get a cheap high-end video card (like a ATI 9800). I was thinking ebay, and then how that could go horribly wrong. Any information would be great guys.

I never intended to buy doom 3, but when you are walking around a computer store and see a bunch on a shelf, you do. I have a gateway with a low end 128 geforce, 512 RAM, And 2 gigahertz and yet it still lags in low quality mode, especially when more than 2 enemies appear.

Does anyone know how I can make the game run smoother (w/o upgrades). I heard someone, maybe in here, increased occupied hard drive memory for the game(?). I don' want to give up all the lighting and bumpmapping it has to offer. But if it does come to the point where I need upgrades, I will have a few questions. First of all, will 2 seperate 128 PCI video cards equall 256 total visual memory? And where, on or offline, can you get a cheap high-end video card (like a ATI 9800). I was thinking ebay, and then how that could go horribly wrong. Any information would be great guys.

oh, and one more thing. How do I know if I have an AGP slot available, if not how can I get one. thnx

http://www.google.com

:rolleyes:

This may be a slightly OT forum, but there's a million other websites out there that are actually DEDICATED to helping people out with their computer. This is Other Anime and Sci-Fi... not Tech Support.

Trust me, just type your query into google and tons of places will pop up. :)

I don't feel like going back to the Martian Buddy locker right now, what is in it?

There are actually two Martian Buddy lockers in the game with free stuff. The first one you come across has a chaingun in it and the second one has a BFG 9000. The code is the same for both lockers.

By the way, has anyone downloaded that new sound pack for the game which makes the guns and demons sound meaner? Kind of cheesy, but definitely better than the ones supplied with the game.

Edited by Noriko Takaya