Team America: World Police

I read somewhere that Paramount's a slight bit worried abotu the movie, as with the sex and violence, it's almost a guaranteed NC-17...

Puppet sex, now that's a scary thought. :lol:

It's the first time in Hollywood, that you'll see boobs that came originally with the star.

Well... aside from Dennis Franz... :rolleyes:

DAMN YOU, EXO! NOW I HAVE IMAGES OF A NAKED DENNIS FRANZ FROLICKING IN MY HEAD!!!! Must think Heather Locklear, must think Heather Locklear....

Yeah, I've been watching the reports on AICN on this movie for a month or so now - I can't wait.

But I must admit, when I first heard there was to be a Team America, I kept expecting a motocross force. Now I just figured out why...

I actually have this comic. I only remember that one of them was all mysterious, the Maruader and he looked like Snake-Eyes on wheels.

post-26-1093018297.gif

I actually have this comic. I only remember that one of them was all mysterious, the Maruader and he looked like Snake-Eyes on wheels.

What, was he like the Racer X of the team? Dude, there's obscure and then there's obscure, but that is just plain esoteric. I tip my hat to you, sir.

I read somewhere that Paramount's a slight bit worried abotu the movie, as with the sex and violence, it's almost a guaranteed NC-17...

It's the first time in Hollywood, that you'll see boobs that came originally with the star.

Well... aside from Dennis Franz... :rolleyes:

DAMN YOU, EXO! NOW I HAVE IMAGES OF A NAKED DENNIS FRANZ FROLICKING IN MY HEAD!!!! Must think Heather Locklear, must think Heather Locklear....

Don't blame... I bet that was there before I posted it.

Team America Motocross! I used to love those toys...

If it were up to me I'd make a modern day Bastille just for Coulter.

So much for believing in free speech, heh? Just like the Nazis, the Fascists, the Marxists, and all the assorted Totalitarians and Dictators, you'd jail anyone with whom you don't agree politically. There is a quick and easy answer to speech with which you don't agree...don't listen, don't buy the book, turn to another page, flip the channel, turn off the radio, avoid blogger sites; it's that simple.

Thank goodness we live in a Republic, where the rule of law, such as it is, reigns, instead of the rule of the mob. Remember, one of the first things Hitler did was to burn "subversive" (non-government sanctioned) books, i.e., cancel free speech.

Back on topic...that movie does look like it could be very funny. You can always expect ripping satire at the expense of insufferable blowhards form the brains behind South Park.

Edited by mechaninac

hehe, yeah it is. I saw it happen in bride of chucky. ugh!! :blink::p:D:lol:

hehe, yeah it is. I saw it happen in bride of chucky. ugh!! :blink::p:D:lol:

That's right, Bride of Chucky...damn you. Damn you for making me remember THAT movie. Puppet sex, disturbing... :blink::lol:

I actually have this comic.  I only remember that one of them was all mysterious, the Maruader and he looked like Snake-Eyes on wheels.

What, was he like the Racer X of the team? Dude, there's obscure and then there's obscure, but that is just plain esoteric. I tip my hat to you, sir.

Holy f*ck.

I think I remember that comic back when I was camping as a kid! Esoteric doesn't begin to describe how obscure that reference was... :blink:

• 1 month later...
Yeah, I've been watching the reports on AICN on this movie for a month or so now - I can't wait.

But I must admit, when I first heard there was to be a Team America, I kept expecting a motocross force. Now I just figured out why...

If I remember my Comic Lore rightly the Maruader was a Gasault being the differnt riders "merged" to form the Masked Rider (NBo punintended)

With the movie premiering next week, Team America has been given the R rating after the three minute puppet sex scene was trimmed out. At least the scene will be shown in its entirety when the DVD comes out.

Just came back from the Sneak Preview, and the movie was hilarious. :lol:

But the Puppet sex scene was there, and it was pretty graphic. :ph34r:

With the movie premiering next week, Team America has been given the R rating after the three minute puppet sex scene was trimmed out. At least the scene will be shown in its entirety when the DVD comes out.

Just came back from the Sneak Preview, and the movie was hilarious. :lol:

But the Puppet sex scene was there, and it was pretty graphic. :ph34r:

I am curiuos how a puppet sex scene looks like now.... :blink:

This movie looks great! Can't wait to see it. If I had my way though, ol' Mikey would be eating something else.

You want to watch Michael Moore eat poo? That's pretty sick, dude.

I'm just not sure if it's more sick or less sick if it's just a puppet version. :p

Any more you can tell us about the film, Ladic? Was it pretty much trashing both sides of politics or did it lean more left or right?

Edited by Blaine23

Well the movie is basically a big jab against the current administration.

I think its a big jab at the current administration, the former administration a Senator from Mass. and All world leaders.

Personally I don't see the appeal.

Yeah, Parker and Stone "poke fun at everybody" but at their core, they are basically pinko commies like their fat greasy loser buddy Michael Moore.

Plus, I always throught the Thunderbirds (the original marionette show) was gay as gay could be, so why re-create it?

Yeah, Parker and Stone "poke fun at everybody" but at their core, they are basically pinko commies like their fat greasy loser buddy Michael Moore.

Plus, I always throught the Thunderbirds (the original marionette show) was gay as gay could be, so why re-create it?

Are they really commies!? I mean did they say that? I know MM is.

Personally I feel that a Comunist is worse than a Nazi or a Satanist.

Pinko Commie? I wasn't aware the world still used this phrase after the '50's. :lol:

And really... I wasn't even aware communism was still such a threat. Thanks for the update from the cold war! :p

You know, I liked South Park a lot when it first came out. Then it got reduced to a bunch of cheap and predictable jokes. I don't think Matt Stone and Trey Parker are comedic geniuses. I think they lost it a long time ago. Yes, they poke fun of everybody, but their jokes tend to be more on the shock value side for me instead of the clever side. It's kind of like the Simpsons now. I watched the first seven seasons of that show almost religiously. But now the writing has turned into one outrageous story after another. They try to fill in the fact that the writing is terrible with celebrity guest stars, and Homer exaggerating everything "to the extreme". Bleh.

I haven't seen Team America yet, but I have a hard time believing this will be a very funny movie. There may be parts worth a chuckle, but the first seven seasons of the Simpsons has raised the bar so high for me, everything else just seems so average. Will this movie make fun of the right or the left. Let's see. Michael Moore is on the extreme left "although he claims not to be". Matt and Trey helped him do an animation for one of his movies. I'm guessing this movie will slam the right and make light jokes about the left in a half-hearted attempt.

BTW. I am sick and tired of hearing people say that Moore is good because he balances out people like Rush. To me, that is just plain dumb. It's like saying you're tired of being lied to by just one group, you need to be lied to by two different groups. These fat loud mouths promote ignorance and hatred based on flimsy arguments and twisting of facts. I say let them both burn in hell. :)

Pinko Commie? I wasn't aware the world still used this phrase after the '50's. :lol:

And really... I wasn't even aware communism was still such a threat. Thanks for the update from the cold war! :p

Of course!! Didn't you know? Heck, even Papa Smurf is a commie designed to brain wash our children! I have proof to back that up here!! :p:lol:

Sorry, without turning this even more into a political thread.

Pinko Commie is the term I use to describe liberals.

Close minded? - Yes, but, hey, it works for me.