The 2004 San Diego Comic Con Thread

Wow I missed a lot. I gotta get my girlfriends camera and upload the hasbro pics. Pretty much the only thing worth lookgn for me was the Jazz/meister, tracks, deadend, and the build king devastator.

I got the creator of Trigun/gungrave's autograph on my gungrave PS2 game and I bought the original japanese game poster and had him sign that too.

I got the three Happy Tree Friends DVD and had the creators of Happy Tree friends sign the discs. Andy Lau, the director for the buddihst monkey drew the head of a ninja bear on my Third Strike DVD, the creator of Lumpy drew lumpy on my Second Serving DVD, and I had Flippy drawn on the First Blood DVD. I will have to take pics and post them later. Got Art Baltazar sketches of Patrick the Wolf Boy and other sketches. It was a lot of fun.

Also, who made that Samurai figure? Dragon?

And THANKS for the coverage pictures exo!!!

The Samurai was with the ZMDC figs, I didn't see the company, so I'm assuming it's Da Joint (?) that makes these?

The Green Goblin is from Sideshow. Their figures are such high quality and realistic that the pics don't do it justice. Real cloth and other corresponding materials. Not to mention huge. Maybe if they make Robocop I'd get one. They made the life size Termintator exoskeleton and that Alien Queen bust.

quick questions  -

Who makes the Green Goblin statue and who makes that Russian mech?

And thanks for the pics Exo... i can enjoy Comic Con through you!

No Prob... :) That russian mech is $3000

http://www.dustgame.com/product/KV47_1.html

http://www.dustgame.com/

BTW, I'm hosting the pics thru Imageshack, a free service. I'm not sponsoring, I just wanted to save Shawn some server space...

is1.gif

Edited by >EXO<

quick questions  -

Who makes the Green Goblin statue and who makes that Russian mech?

And thanks for the pics Exo... i can enjoy Comic Con through you!

No Prob... :) That russian mech is $3000

http://www.dustgame.com/product/KV47_1.html

http://www.dustgame.com/

Holy crap! Is it a 1/2 scale or something?

Ouch. Though I imagine that's what, two Yamato 1/1 helmets?

Wow, thanks for hooking us up with those photos, EXO. Those Appleseed landmates are the best thing since oxygen! Too bad it took nearly 15 years to get a toy of one.

And those Bond figures are killer, although I thought 006 looked a bit like AgentONE. :lol:

I met Tiffany Taylor a few years ago at a comic book shop. She was there with Frank Cho ( of Liberty Meadows, I think), and Karl Moline (Who was hot on the trail then from drawling Joss Wheadon's Fray). Now yall might remember her from her Playboy spread. I remember her from Howard Stern's show. She wrestled a dwarf. She said that Gary (Howard's producer. AKA Baba Booey) told her it was for fun. But she didn't realize that the dwarf was as serious as a heart attack about the event. Seems like they told him it was a competition.

I went to the event just to say I met a Playboy Playmate (How many men ever get to say that?!) She was gorgeous. Is amazing how a little black dress can make a woman look so good!

Aliens Survival Kit:

HOLY CRAP! Is Master Replicas producing all that?!

I don't think so. The booth looked like it was leased by fans. I think it's someone's collection. Definitely not a company selling items, just a bunch of old guys wearing Space Marines armors...

I'm glad Yamato USA is releasing those Appleseed merch here in the U.S. I've been looking for them everywhere and they're hella expensive. $40 for a Bri repaint??? :huh:

Here are some more people that were dressed up. The Batman people were part of the DC booth. From what I could tell, none of them seemed to be having fun except for Catwoman.

batmanandcrew.jpg

This is a random person dressed as Supergirl. I guess next time I'll give a warning as to when I'm taking the pic.

supergirl1.jpg

Edited by bigkid24

oh and for the Record, Karen McDougal (POTY, 1998, i think) was the hottest one ever.... ;):lol:

Doesn't matter who's hotter. Bottom line is that meeting any Playmate in person (except maybe Anna Nicole Smith) is always a good thing. I have 20 favorite Playmates and Tiffany is one of them.

Anyway, here's the autographed pic.

post-26-1091052448_thumb.jpg

oh and for the Record, Karen McDougal (POTY, 1998, i think) was the hottest one ever.... ;)  :lol:

Doesn't matter who's hotter. Bottom line is that meeting any Playmate in person (except maybe Anna Nicole Smith) is always a good thing. I have 20 favorite Playmates and Tiffany is one of them.

Anyway, here's the autographed pic.

You lucky bum!!!

Anyone check out the JLA "Wonder Woman" & "Flash" at the Mattel booth? :o

You sure that's not a dude? :ph34r:

You took the words out of my mouth. Seems like somebody thought they were playing Chyna and not Wonder Woman.

I'm glad Yamato USA is releasing those Appleseed merch here in the U.S. I've been looking for them everywhere and they're hella expensive. $40 for a Bri repaint??? :huh:

Was there a release date given for the Landmates? I checked ToycomYamato US' site, and all it listed under "Appleseed the movie" was he revised Deunan and Briareos figures.

What's ZDMC? Those toys(?) look cool, but I've never heard of it before.

ZDMC is based on a HK comic book. There have beem several limited edition 12" armor suit figures in the line. I believe the early releases are worth some money now. ;)

I'm glad Yamato USA is releasing those Appleseed merch here in the U.S.  I've been looking for them everywhere and they're hella expensive.  $40 for a Bri repaint??? :huh:

Was there a release date given for the Landmates? I checked ToycomYamato US' site, and all it listed under "Appleseed the movie" was he revised Deunan and Briareos figures.

The display either says Summer 2004 or TBA. I believe they are going to be distributed by Diamond and not sold in stores, unless it's a comic book shop.

Here's a sweet ZDMC pic... the camo one is not sold anymore, it was a con exlusive.

post-26-1091118873_thumb.jpg

Edited by >EXO<

That ROTK Extended box pissed me off.  Now I gotta buy it just to get the Howard Shore DVD!

This is the best cosplay.  Welcome to heartbreak Deathstar.  :lol:

:rolleyes: Sigh, that guys belongs to my 501st chapter.

TK-4321_carded_front.gif

A bunch of us got together for various group pictures ranging from Star Wars to other forms of cosplay. I'm wearing the Kato outfit.

SDCC2004_0074.JPG

Anyone check out the JLA "Wonder Woman" & "Flash" at the Mattel booth? :o

There was a MUCH Better Wonder Woman Walking around during the MAsqurade Ball Dance thingy her and her Male Friend were Cos Playing from the WW TV show of the 70's and they didnt know squat about the Books which was kinda refreshing.