Yamato Toys in general

Aegis!

Are they getting worse with time ?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Are they getting worse with time ?

• yes , toys are getting crappier , they´re not making the effort
    • no , their toys are getting a lot more nicer , it´s amazing
    • they´re the same as aslways

all good points, but there is a solution for you in your quest aesthetic perfection without die-cast metal. it is a completely different hobby called modeling. You and EVERYONE else here, it seems, are very vocal about your idea of the perfection of non-diecast toys, and those who love die-cast metal are considered to be irrationally dedicated to a dubious choice of building material. But you are describing modeling... actually, you are describing buying pre-built, sub-par models for expensive prices.

I think the 1:48 is great, but it has been described by many here as a model (it is more durable than most people give it credit for, but the description of it as a model is still more relevant than calling it a toy) aesthetically, in none of its modes does it look better than a hasegawa (especially in battaloid)

so what we have is the best perfect variable macross model around. it's great, but it's enough. if ALL macross toys are going to try to be the 1:48 (except without the scale... or the ability to transform without parts-swapping, or the detail, or the proportions, etc... etc...) then what happens to toys? you know... toys, like the chunky monkey? You say you love the 1:55, but then you back that statement up by telling us all that you're saving them for your kid, in other words, you have plans for how you will have them destroyed. have you ever stopped to think after you've put away all your ban-dais and 1:60s that maybe you've just grown out of toy collecting, and your wish for all valk "toys" to be beautiful and perfect-looking pieces of plastic on a shelf is actually an entirely new hobby to replace toy collecting?

you have your non-diecast metal toys, but do they all have to be that way? why can't TOY collectors like me have our hobby also? why does everyone feel the need to "enlighten" us on the benefits of pre-built models on a freakin' TOY forum? I think it's because the guy who runs the forum doesn't like toys anymore.

I'm sure many many people will "defend" you by attacking me... but there is no need for that. I have no business going to the "models" section of these forums, and I see now that I have no business posting in the "pre-built, expensive Yamato models" section of the forum either. so I will say no more here on anything else, and you all can cry out with one voice unanimous, "perfection of accuracy to line art, while impossible, is the ONLY measure of the quality of a toy or model! and the only difference between toys and models is whether it comes to you pre-built or in pieces"

Modelling is all well and good if you have the skill, time and patience to master it, which I don't unfortunately :D. For me, model kits could never replace my love of toys for the simple reason that they are just too damn fragile. Yes a well built model will almost always look better than any toy, but unfortunately they just don't stand up to anything but the most gentle of handling. I occasionally pay to have models built (beacuse I can't paint worth a damn), but only if it's of a design I really like of which there is no toy yet. I love my three painted Hasegawa Macross models (SV-51, VF-0S & VF-22S), but I'd much prefer toys of them, as I can't enjoying handling or playing with the models as I'm in constant fear of breaking them.

Actually, I don't think anybody here is saying that those who love diecast are irrational. All I'm doing is stating my reasons why I personally don't like diecast in a transforming toy.

I'd definitely agree with you that the 1/48 is more durable than most people give it credit for, but I'd have to disagree that describing it as a model is more relevant than calling it a toy. In my opinion, the 1/48 is most definitely a toy as it can be played with, handled and transformed fairly roughly with little fear of breakage.

The main reason my 1/55s are in storage is that I simply have no space to display them. Houses in HK are small and I only have space for 1 display cabinet. If I had a bigger house, my 1/55s would probably still be on display. As it is I prefer to display the nicer looking (IMO) Yamato Macross Plus toys, Yamato 1/60 VF-1 toys and the Yamato 1/48 VF-1 toys, which completely fill up my display cabinet. As for saving the 1/55s for my son, why is that destoying them? I don't plan to give them to him until he is old enough to appreciate them. Plus I have my own collection of 1/55 toys as well, he's not getting all of them you know :lol:

I hope, I will never grow out of toy collecting. And just because a piece does not have any diecast doesn't mean it is not a toy. Personally I prefer toys that are durable and can be handled without fear of breakage. However, I do want my toys to look as accurate as possible to the source material, given the limitations of the sculptors and toolmakers skills. And with the current state of toymaking technology, it is possible for toy companies to make toys which are durable, playable and yet asthetically pleasing either with and without diecast as Yamato and other toymakers have shown us. It's just my personal experience that diecast does not always equal durability or playabilty.

I hope nobody will defend me, there's certainly no need to, as I don't feel I'm being attacked.

I don't know why you get the impression I don't love toys? I'm still an avid toy collector, and love toys, but for both financial reasons and space limitations, my toy collecting these days is limited to Macross.

Graham

Clay, I definitely agree with you with the metal and such in toys. I would LOVE to have metal in toys, but with yamato I feel the only good job they had with diecastr is with the VF11B toy, I mean mine barely has anyt scratche...compared to teh VF19A and hikaru 1/60 I got.

When I hear "bandai or aoshima or max factory DIECAST!!!", I DROOL. When I hear yamato, and TRANSFORMABLE WITH DIECAST! I cringe. Yamato is too inexperienced to handle diecast well and paint it well enough to not be scratched so much and at the smae time NOT sag all the parts to oblivioun. This is where bandai shows its dominance and the root of why me, blaine, perhaps you, and many others crave a bandai chunky monkley VF-0. Especially now since yamato did the dumb thing and hired atelaer sai to sculpt the VF-0.

Graham I think your plan is awesome. I felt stpid for messing up my jetfire as a child trying to mimic obotech. And for some reason, 1/60, MPC, and ultimately 1/48, I still cannot escape the lure of the bandai 1/55. Make sure your kid doesnt try to mimic robotech episodes like me....man was i dumb when i was 4.

To be honest guys, (not to derail this actually has to do with what clay said), even with the 1/48, when I first opened it on x mas, I told myself, NO MORE VALKS!! THIS IS THEE ULTIMATE! And while I still believe what i said, the 1/48 hjas a lot of things that the bandai doesnt, both good and bad, More articulation, better aesthetics, BUT, ....it just lacks the solidness and durability of the 1/55. I have always been vocal about the durability of the valkyrie, the 1/48 in particular, and how paranoid I viewed many owners for being scared to play with it. But nonetheless, durable as it may be(very in my case) its just not the bandai. And even when the 1/60 and MPC, and hell ultimately the 1/48, have everything we wanted on the bandai that the bandai didnt have and more, I still find myself lured to the bandai. its crisp, fast transformation, how SOLID it is, the gloss feel...all makings of a great toy.

Yamato has made strides in great efforst and its really better off pretending the atelaer sai sculpted VF-0 never happened. DIecast is awesome but if your asking whether Id want a perfect variable from yamato or bandai with diecast?

make mine bandai.(those lazy shmucks!!! oh how can digimon possibly gain more appeal than a heavy ass chunkey metal VF-0 with gloss feel...DROOLS)

EXO you bring up a GREAT point. God man bout time someone pointed out the flaws of masterpiece prime's alt mode in comparison to the 1/48!!

gotta second the die cast isn't all that notion...

but die cast is nice.... for instance in the soul of chogokin eva series, the die cast gives weight to the toy, allowing for greater posability.

die cast can also be used to balance a toy that is top heavy...

gotta second the die cast isn't all that notion...

but die cast is nice.... for instance in the soul of chogokin eva series, the die cast gives weight to the toy, allowing for greater posability.

it's a nice feature, not a precious necessity...

die cast can also be used to balance a toy that is top heavy...

Yes I heard Pamela Anderson wears die-cast shoes...

:p

This is where bandai shows its dominance and the root of why me, blaine, perhaps you, and many others crave a bandai chunky monkley VF-0.  Especially now since yamato did the dumb thing and hired atelaer sai to sculpt the VF-0. 

I'd also love Bandai to release a chunky monkey VF-0. I'd be all over that and probably buy half a dozen of each varient. Man, I love the Macross Zero designs.

Hah......and who said I dont love toys :p

Graham

When I hear "bandai or aoshima or max factory DIECAST!!!", I DROOL.

Bandai, Aoshima (Miracle House) and Max Factory all make awesome diecast toys, but to be honest they are so pretty that I'm often afraid to handle them too much for fear of paint chipping. I hate paint chipping on diecast toys, it really makes them look awful IMO. On the other hand, with a plastic toy you don't have this concern.

I love my SOC Combattler V, but it hardly comes out of the box beacuse I don't want to chip it any more than it is.

Graham

well my main diecast scratch comparison stems from jetfire and my reissue hikaru 1a from bandai compared to anything befgore the 1/48 tht yamato has released. HEck my 1/48 swing bar has more scatches than my bandai 1a hikaru. !!! Not sure what it is but yamato never does diecast right.

1-rqatchets are ALWAYS tightened ineffieciently. even joints...some joints are rendered useless or removable when not needed(1/60 VF-1 hips dropping, VF19A/YF19 wing roots always rotating down in ccontact with legs in effect scratching,) paint used is crap etc etc.

I dont think yamato does their homework with diecxast. SOmerthing like the qrau given the price shjould have had diecast IMHO. Yamato reputedly DOES diecast good with NONtransformable things as evidenced by past members handling of the giant robo figures. When yamato was getting massive flack for the macrpss plus toys the giant robo toys were well respected and praised.

So in esseense. I feel the main reason we love yamato is because they even bothered to do macross. Bandai we know, could potentially outdo yamato just like that, but hasnt boithered to. The reissues were a somewhat failed attempt to capitalize on yamato's success with the VF-1 design in the market, but it wasnt the right move, right for us bad for market as many gather dust in japan.

What bandai should have done was made a chunky monkey with universal hipkjoints, missles, and internal heatshiedl and mod for gun attachement in fighter mode. Or an all new chunkey monkeyu VF-1 with modern aesthetics and articulation, diecast, durablity of 1.55, AND perfect transformation as well as cheaper price than 1/48. Then we'd REALLY haver competition.

Now we have PVC POS atelaer sai VF-0. Bandai you listening? This is a GOLDEN oppurtunity for bandai to get a toy license for macross 0 and own yamato.

Graham I think your plan is awesome. I felt stpid for messing up my jetfire as a child trying to mimic obotech. And for some reason, 1/60, MPC, and ultimately 1/48, I still cannot escape the lure of the bandai 1/55. Make sure your kid doesnt try to mimic robotech episodes like me....man was i dumb when i was 4.

Thanks. It's my way of hopefully passing my love of Macross and mecha toys onto the next generation.

After thinking about it for a while, I'd probably wait until my kid is about 7 years old, before giving him any cool Japanese toys. That was the age I was first exposed to Japanese mecha toys and I remember being able to apprecate them at that age.

Graham

Graham Posted

As for saving the 1/55s for my son, why is that destoying them? I don't plan to give them to him until he is old enough to appreciate them.

I agree with you on this one, GRAHAM! I've already bought my 1 1/2 year old son JACOB his own set of MAC toys. There's a little bit of everything in there--1/55's, 1/60's, 1/48's, BANPRESTO's and even MPC's. I figure I'll give it to him when he's old enough to appreciate MACROSS and let him decide which one he likes best! Sorry for getting off the subject a little bit, guys! :D

I agree with you on this one, GRAHAM! I've already bought my 1 1/2 year old son JACOB his own set of MAC toys. There's a little bit of everything in there--1/55's, 1/60's, 1/48's, BANPRESTO's and even MPC's. I figure I'll give it to him when he's old enough to appreciate MACROSS and let him decide which one he likes best! Sorry for getting off the subject a little bit, guys! :D

That's great, I'm sure your son will appreciate them when he gets older, well maybe not the Banprestos :p

Yeah, I've also got a bunch of 1/55, 1/60, 1/65 (M7), 1/72 (M+) and 1/48 all waiting for my son if he wants them.

I think many fathers on this forum are the same way :D

Graham

well my main diecast scratch comparison stems from jetfire and my reissue hikaru 1a from bandai compared to anything befgore the 1/48 tht yamato has released.  HEck my 1/48 swing bar has more scatches than my bandai 1a hikaru.  !!!  Not sure what it is but yamato never does diecast right.

I think that something most people forget is how little diecast the 1/55 actually has. There's not really that much diecast to scratch or chip. Basically only the inner lower leg halves are painted diecast and they don't really rub against anything. The only other diecast parts are the swing bars, shoulder hinges and landing gear, which are plated, not painted.

I agree completely, that Yamato has really not got the hang of doing painted diecast parts very well compared to most other Japanese toy companies.

Graham

I agree with you on this one, GRAHAM! I've already bought my 1 1/2 year old son JACOB his own set of MAC toys. There's a little bit of everything in there--1/55's, 1/60's, 1/48's, BANPRESTO's and even MPC's. I figure I'll give it to him when he's old enough to appreciate MACROSS and let him decide which one he likes best!  Sorry for getting off the subject a little bit, guys!  :D

That's great, I'm sure your son will appreciate them when he gets older, well maybe not the Banprestos :p

Yeah, I've also got a bunch of 1/55, 1/60, 1/65 (M7), 1/72 (M+) and 1/48 all waiting for my son if he wants them.

I think many fathers on this forum are the same way :D

Graham

My thoughts exactly!

Aside from the detachable legs, I think Billy Wong's 1/60 VF-1 has the best proportions out of all the VF-1's ever made.

I second that!!!

I really enjoy looking at all of my 1/60's (Q-Rau and GBP included). It's a great line.

I believe Billy Wong has done a good job.

i third it! :D

while i do like the 1/48 for its perfect trans. the 1/60s look WAY better in every mode....though the 1/48 does have a really nice gerwalk. the criss-crossed leg pegs on the 1/60 gerwalk kind of sucks but i still love them since its the only "complete" line of macross toys out.

Aside from the detachable legs, I think Billy Wong's 1/60 VF-1 has the best proportions out of all the VF-1's ever made.

I second that!!!

I really enjoy looking at all of my 1/60's (Q-Rau and GBP included). It's a great line.

I believe Billy Wong has done a good job.

i third it! :D

while i do like the 1/48 for its perfect trans. the 1/60s look WAY better in every mode....though the 1/48 does have a really nice gerwalk. the criss-crossed leg pegs on the 1/60 gerwalk kind of sucks but i still love them since its the only "complete" line of macross toys out.

I disagree with that statement. I like the 1/48 much better because of the perfect transformation. In battroid mode, it looks cool. Gerwalk is even better. Dont get me wrong: I like the 1/60 and it does look good but it is no where close to the 1/48.

Yamato is too inexperienced to handle diecast well and paint it well enough to not be scratched so much and at the smae time NOT sag all the parts to oblivioun. This is where bandai shows its dominance and the root of why me, blaine, perhaps you, and many others crave a bandai chunky monkley VF-0.

Hell at this point, Blaine craves any decent version toy of the VF-0. They could make that thing out of bologna and if they could come up with a better design that the 1/100, I'd buy it.

:lol:

i don't know if you own any 1/60's but the battroid mode is about 100 times better. just look at the nose cone, the chest plate, the arms, and the ridiculous chicken hands and you'll see what we're talking about. oh and not to mention the fighter mode is more accurate as well.

like i said, i like the 1/48's just the same, but these are just small nitpicks, nothing to write home about. :)

theres 4 camps regarding this topic,

1, the 1/60s are the shiznit, they look more like the line art and a 1/48 will never disgrace my shelves.

2, the 1/48s are the bomb regardless of it porportions because its got perfect trans.(mainly, you don't have to detach the legs) and is more poseable so i gotta sell all my 1/60's to buy more 1/48's

3, i love them both for different reasons.

4, the i don't care cause i need more, more, more!!! you make'em, i'll buy'em.

i'm in the 3rd and 4th camp myself. :p

oh and no doubt the 1/48 gerwalk rocks! B))

4, the i don't care cause i need more, more, more!!! you make'em, i'll buy'em.

So true, so true ;)

I remember the discussion on the old board about the "mosquito nose" from the 1/60's (people complained it was too thin). But that is what it makes it closer to the lineart than the 1/48's. The canopy from the 1/48's is really messed up (it's too wide and ruins the front view of the fighter).

Look at this pic then take your 1/60's and 1/48's and judge which one looks closer to the lineart (this view ruins my 1/48's, I never get used to the ultra wide canopy):

I forgot to add that owing both lines is a "win win" situation.

I voted that Yamato toys are getting better, but when the 1/48's came out I told to myself: this is "THE" toy, but the 1/60's look more accurate to the lineart.

The 1/48's have better fast packs, the VF 1S head is the best rendition ever created and of course they have "perfect transformation".

So when the 1/48's came out were they better than the 1/60's?

Yes and no, better detailed, bigger, with tighter joints, with a smooth sculpt and barely any seam lines, but not as good proportioned as the 1/60's.

That's my 2 cents for all that matters.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

Personally, I far prefer the sculpt, proportions, details and articulation of the 1/48 over the 1/60.

I definitely think the 1/48 in superior in fighter mode as I think it has a much nice shaped nose and canopy, better looking landing gear and the foot thrusters don't stick out as far as on the 1/60, which is my major complaint with the 1/60 fighter mode.

I also think that the 1/48 FPs look far better than the 1/60 FPs, which are just too small (the missile launcher part).

Also think that 1/48 Gerwalk holds a much cooler looking spread leg pose than the 1/60.

Battroid mode is probably the worst of the 1/48s modes as far as proportioning is concerned, but even on a bad day, it's superior articulation wins out over the 1/60 for me. And my main gripe about the 1/60s is these days, I just can't stand looking at Yamato's crappy painted diecast legs. As others have suggested, Yamato really should go begging to Bandai for lessons on how to do painted diecast correctly :D

Graham

4, the i don't care cause i need more, more, more!!!  you make'em, i'll buy'em. 

So true, so true ;)

I remember the discussion on the old board about the "mosquito nose" from the 1/60's (people complained it was too thin). But that is what it makes it closer to the lineart than the 1/48's. The canopy from the 1/48's is really messed up (it's too wide and ruins the front view of the fighter).

Look at this pic then take your 1/60's and 1/48's and judge which one looks closer to the lineart (this view ruins my 1/48's, I never get used to the ultra wide canopy):

Any one particular piece of line art can be used to support which scale valkyrie is closest. If your preference is a thinner canopy, that's cool. Just as it's cool for people who like it wider. But line art is not the ultimate end all be all judge, as it changes from piece to piece to make whatever form look best. :)

i much prefer the 1/48 over the 1/60 also for articulation,perfect transformation & it's size.i found my first 1 much easier to transform than the 1/60.i was easily able to action pose it only a few minutes out of it's box.before this,i was use to "undoing the puzzle" of my 1/60 & 1/72 plus valks.i had to get comfortable in a seat,cause i knew transformation time was gonna be a few minutes till i was finished(my vf-11 was a nightmare for me).yamato's cryptic directions weren't much help w/ just kanji & arrows pointing at things for an explaination.i liked how i could transform my 1/48 in a few minutes w/o looking at the instructions.

on the flipside though,i LOVE my 1/60 elintseeker & ostrich.i think their armour sets are very acurate looking & fit together easily & securely.i had a 1/60 strike roy & i remember struggling to get the packs on the posts & once they were on,alligning them seemed to require much fenagling.i worried about using too much force on these cause the little metal posts didn't look too sturdy.the 1/60 lacks in the transformation department,but the sculpt,armour detail & fitment & attention to asthetic detail on the ve-1 & vt-1 make me love them despite the transformation issues :)

... but when the 1/48's came out I told to myself: this is "THE" toy, but the 1/60's look more accurate to the lineart.

I personally like the 1/60, actually much moreso than the 1/48. However, I don't really think it's completely fair to say that the 1/60 is "more accurate to the line art".

There are plenty of novel features on the 1/48 line like the telescoping thruster nozzles and built-in heatshields which place it much closer to the line art in these respects. Proportionaly, I feel that the 1/60 suffers from excessive length in the legs and feet, and in a couple of other crude details, though I do agree about the canopy.

That said, to each his own. There are reasons to appreciate both :)

Ignacio Ocamica Posted on Aug 2 2004, 05:13 PM

I couldn't have said better myself! Despite all of the pros and cons of each YAMATO line, I still think that the 1/60's 'n 1/48's are some of the best looking toys in todays toy market. Who cares if one is more accurate in terms of lineart and such. Just take them for what they are, the best damned eye candy anyone can ever play with! :D

My opinon, after only recently getting a 1/48 VF-1J i have to say quite simply it is the incarnation in toy form of the hory froating heads valkyrie. the only problem i have with it is the chicken hands, but when i slapped on the tv style hands,it was mm good. tho,i would love to see some tv series sized DYRL hands done ala the bandai perfect grade gundam hands. with articulation, i want my valk to be able to flip someone off. otherwise, i find the perportions to be fine, much better than the 1/60's, especally the cockpit area, its got that unique kind of curve to it, you get a nice side view of in the psx/sat dyrl game intro. i really hope yamato does reissue the VF-1S fokker type,as thats the only other VF-1 i want. then they should get off there ass and give us some VF-0 perfect transformation loving, as the 1/100 VF-0 looks like ass in anything but fighter mode. the monster looks spiffy, and i hope to one day pick up a Q-rau. However, yamato really needs to exploit the non VF-1 market, PEOPLE would buy, good quality non VF-1 toys, as evidenced by our rabbid longing for any information on the YF-19FP. i guess thats all i can say.

Overall being rather new to the addition known as valkaholism, i can say i am most satisfied with the 2 yamato products i own (1/48 VF-1J, 1/72 VF-19A) and hope they contiune to give us quality macross toys. because the world needs less gundam and more macross.

However, yamato really needs to exploit the non VF-1 market, PEOPLE would buy, good quality non VF-1 toys, as evidenced by our rabbid longing for any information on the YF-19FP. i guess thats all i can say.

Yep, I'll second that. We need a break from the VF-1.

If Yamato makes, the following toys, I'll buy multiples, as I suspect would many MWers:-

VF17D/S FP, VF-22S, VF-0A/B/D/S, SV-51 Nora & D.D., VF-11B/C/D FP Resculpt, YF-21 FP Resculpt, VF-5000B FP, VA-3M, VF-4, YF-19 FP Resculpt, VF-19F/S/P/Kai, Fz-109F/A, Stampeed Valk, VF-2SS w/SAP, VF-2JA.

YAMATO are you listening?

Graham

I couldn't have said better myself! Despite all of the pros and cons of each YAMATO line, I still think that the 1/60's 'n 1/48's are some of the best looking toys in todays toy market. Who cares if one is more accurate in terms of lineart and such. Just take them for what they are, the best damned eye candy anyone can ever play with!  :D

I completely agree. With both the Yamato 1/60 line and 1/48 line, not to mention the Bandai 1/55 reissues and the Toynami 1/55 MPCs and even....gulp....the Banprestos, there is something to please everybody. It really is a win win situation for VF-1 fans. We'll probably never have it this good again.

But enough of the VF-1 already, well except for a 1/48 GBP Armor, 1/48 VT-1 and 1/48 VE-1 that is :lol:

Graham

leave the cheap stuff to transformers.

LOL....better be careful or the TF fans on this board might hunt you down and tar and feather you :lol:

Graham

heh, I'm a marginal TF fan, I'll confess.. well, I like something like 0.01% of all TF toys every made... and it would be a shame if yamato decided to take the macross license that route... cheap and small.

it would be a shame if yamato decided to take the macross license that route... cheap and small.

I don't mind if Yamato goes the small and cheap route, as long as the also go the large and expensive route as well.

Graham

true true.

^_^

I couldn't have said better myself! Despite all of the pros and cons of each YAMATO line, I still think that the 1/60's 'n 1/48's are some of the best looking toys in todays toy market. Who cares if one is more accurate in terms of lineart and such. Just take them for what they are, the best damned eye candy anyone can ever play with! :D

Yep, we can have a VF-1 orgy nowadays :lol:

And we can hope Yamato is going to exploit the non VF-1 market for us "always unsatisfied customers".

If Yamato makes, the following toys, I'll buy multiples, as I suspect would many MWers:-

VF17D/S FP, VF-22S, VF-0A/B/D/S, SV-51 Nora & D.D., VF-11B/C/D FP Resculpt, YF-21 FP Resculpt, VF-5000B FP, VA-3M, VF-4, YF-19 FP Resculpt, VF-19F/S/P/Kai, Fz-109F/A, Stampeed Valk, VF-2SS w/SAP, VF-2JA.

Graham

actually, i need a break from the VF's not the VF-1's. :D

you forgot to mention the most desired of all macross toys....

ENEMY MECHA!

battle pods and all its varients, maybe make it a conversion kit?

officer pods and anything else that isn't a "good guy" mech.

as far as the 1/60 vs. 1/48 debate,

hey i had them all at one point, so i really don't have much to complain about. :) before then, it was bandai or takatoku....imagine if yamato never made VF-1's at all and we had were MPC's. :blink:

However, yamato really needs to exploit the non VF-1 market, PEOPLE would buy, good quality non VF-1 toys, as evidenced by our rabbid longing for any information on the YF-19FP. i guess thats all  i can say.

Graham

I vote for that. I definitely want to see a VF-4. Still I dont mind the VF-1. I know many are tired of them. Hell I should be since I have 49 of them 1/48 VF-1 series. :blink: But I am not. I woul dlike to see the GBP armor and the 2 seaters VF-1 series. The thing is that I would love to see a VF-0 1/48 scale.

Graham

Im in total agreement there, toss in some enemy mecha(glaug anyone?=D, moreover Varible Glaug anyone?),and ill be one happy macross fan. hopefully the Konig Monster is a sign of good things to come. I really wish yamato would hire the guy who did the D'stance YF-21/21FP to do a toy scupt of the 21 since even the current yamato 21 FP, doesnt look all that spiffy in battroid and gerwalk mode. that would be a toy this poor college student would scounge up cash for. and would go nicely, with a Good 19 FP resculpt.