Yamato Toys in general

Aegis!

Are they getting worse with time ?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Are they getting worse with time ?

• yes , toys are getting crappier , they´re not making the effort
    • no , their toys are getting a lot more nicer , it´s amazing
    • they´re the same as aslways

you forgot to mention the most desired of all macross toys....

ENEMY MECHA!

battle pods and all its varients, maybe make it a conversion kit?

officer pods and anything else that isn't a "good guy" mech.

You have my vote on those MECHS!!!!!!!!

Anyone knows if the Q-Rau sold well?

Graham?

If I had to choose, I´d vote for a DYRL? Nousjadeul-Ger and a TV Regult, if Yamato makes that in 1/60 (to match the current line) I'd be the happiest guy on earth.

My 1/48's are feeling lonely also (I know, I know, there is no possibility of 1/48 enemy mechs, that's why wish for 1/60 at least).

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

any mecha would be nice... I'm thinking variable gluag as well... that would be awesome... but I'd much rather see other VF's...

my thing with enemy mecha is that they're just not that interesting.. those pods are just so straight forward and if yamato releases them at the same price point as the Q-rau, forget it.

edit: changed any to enemy... which was what I meant to write but for some reason wrote any.

Edited by eugimon

Yeah, I love 1/48's... they're cool, they're fine, they've got my money... :o

But I love MORE the yf-19!!! I know it's vapourware, we're not going to see it... But plz, Mr. Yamato... MAKE IT!!! :(

(... we'll buy variants of 1/48 after that :ph34r: ...) <_<

I personaly love the Yamato toy line for macross my main problem with them is the yf-19 fp that still hasnt happened i would just love if they could give us news of weather its gonna happen or not ive heard stories and seen possible pics of its resculpt and all and beeing how it is my all time favorite valk it would be nice to have. ... I love the way the 1/48s look and as far as the vf-0 is concerned i think there working on the angle that its the newest series and that means lots of little kids are watching it as opposed to the mac + and vf-1's whos fanbase is motly older "kids" like me (26 and still lovin my toys hehe) so the vf-0's are being mmade to be roughly played with cuz lets face it you wouldnt want to let a little kid play with your 1/48 they would kill it in the first 5 min not to mention they would never figure out how to transform it.

and as for all you ppl who bash the original 1/72's of mac plus I dont think yamato thought people were acctualy gonna play with them when they made them but still i love them and i dont realy see any other company producing tthey yf-19 or yf-21 or the vf-11b as the were in mac + so .... sorry if i wnt too far thats just how i feel.

P.S. i think that maby the losening problem in the joints could be fixed if they designed them with some kind of rubber o-ring or joint wll .... maby

thats all from me all in all i think Yamato is doing an awsome job.

You know what i change my opinion about th vf-0 i just took a look ay the finnished product pics on the Yamato-toys homepage and well take a look

PH1085126890.jpg

Now thats one sick looking valk i wnt it 4 sure.

Those are exactly the same pics of the VF-0S that have been shown in various Hobby magazines, for the past 6 months, so hopefully it is NOT the finished product as it still features those fugly hip joint sockets, a completely incorrect wing sculpt, a poor nose sculpt, terrible looking landing gear, tail fins which don't can't outwards enough and far to many removeable pieces. Not to mention no wing missiles or leg FAST packs....Grrrrr!

Graham

I love the way the 1/48s look and as far as the vf-0 is concerned i think there working on the angle that its the newest series and that means lots of little kids are watching it as opposed to the mac + and vf-1's whos fanbase is motly older "kids" like me (26 and still lovin my toys hehe) so the vf-0's are being mmade to be roughly played with cuz lets face it you wouldnt want to let a little kid play with your 1/48 they would kill it in the first 5 min not to mention they would never figure out how to transform it.

I think that's an incorrect assumption that a lot of little kids are watching Macross Zero.

OVAs in Japan with their high cost and limited reletively limited distribution are traditionally aimed at the older hardcore fan market rather than litte kids, who when they watch anime tend to watch TV series.

Not too many little kids are gonna be spending ¥5000 on a half hour OVA episode to a sequel to a 20 year old TV series that only comes out once every 6 months :D

And Yamato toys have always been aimed more at the older fanbase rather than kiddies, for the main reason that most little kiddies have no idea what Macross is, as they are spoon fed on a diet of Gundam and sentai shows.

Graham

Oh sorry i guess no i dont know too much about how it is in japan i figured this was a tv series over there oh well but still dispite all the things you mentioned about the VF-0 i wasnt trying to say that any one was wrong about it or anything i just think that for the first ever Macross Zero toy this is a pretty killer looking toy also the only other pics i had ever seen of the zero was un painted sculpts i guess im not as knowledgeable of the perfection of the valks sorry but still I think it looks really cool and i will probably get beat up over that one but i stand by it and may i remind people that the first vf-1s ever made didnt look all that close to the line art either i know i say sorry alot but i dont want anyone to hate me based on my opinion and im not trying to insult anyone either i just realy think that zero looks cool maby far from perfect but im still gonna get like 2 or 3

anyways i realy respect your opinion Graham we just see differently about this also i admit about the whole kids toy thing i was way off and i didnt know what i was talking about sorry

i just realy think that zero looks cool maby far from perfect but im still gonna get like 2 or 3

I like it too, it is not the best Yamato toy out there but (I don't know why) I like the three modes :blink:

Maybe it has grown on me, I like gerwalk mode a lot.

Someone please hit me with a 1/48 in the head ;)

livewire, please use punctuation it is very hard for some of us to understand your post when we do not know when or where your sentences start or end.

No offense dude but puncutation would help.

As foir the VF-0 toy, YES all of us if not 96% of us think it is crap. At first no, but later one when the hobby mags launched the devastating PHOTOSPREAD showing ALL the swappable parts JUST to get it into gerwalk, most of us looked at the monitor and said "CURR!!!" So yea that toy has the potential to SUCK.

So much part swapping and like graham said, no this toy is not aimed at kids. Although the person who sculpted it, atelair sai, presumably could be a kid. From going from perfect transformable toys of macross plus valkyries long thought to be balls to the wall impossible to make perfect transformable to creating the ultimate VF-1 onmly thought to exist in pipe dreams and biblical scriptures, its quite amazing they give us this piece of trash VF-0 and expect us to welcome it with open arms.

Hell banpresto made a bettr PVC toy, a perfect variable VF-1 that though inaccueate, is cheaper AND SMALLER than the VF-0 coming out.

Sucks so much even the japanese said worse!! You KNOW its bad when the target market hates it too!!

*Note to yamato, rehire nishikawa san, let atelaier said sculpt gashapons of women or something...hell if he messes up part of the sculpt, at least some exageraation won't hurt* LOL

renato, the japanese or most of the fans do not like the 1/.100 VF-0. Imode translated a bunch of BBS comments a while back and it proved that while everyone thinks we are ungracious fans who expect yamato to be jesus christ of the japanese macross market and that yqamato negelcts us because of bitching, in realityt the target market, the japanese are FAR more vocal than we are in terms of bashing the VF-0 1/100 and other products. HEll some compared them to the banprestor VF-1 prize machine toy!!

So yes. moving from nishikawa san to atelaeir sai was a VERY bad decision. very very very bad. Me no likey!!

japanese fans represent!!!!!!!!!!!

Atealier sai wa sukkku desu ne!~!!!