Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Couple of other things.

I-Justice's shield beam saber doubles as it's beam boomerang...

ij6mm.th.jpg

S-Freedom's dual beam rifiles are something of interest.

sf8gn.th.jpg

Here's Legend:

11168224457370tp.th.jpg74758wz.th.jpg

And finally, a little MSV for ya.

1448km.th.jpgiop5ia.th.jpg

Also from Gunota:

Hobby Japan's spoilers for ep. 34 and 35 (title for ep 36) (Spoilers, highlight to read)

DESTINY spoilers

Ep34 - "Nightmare" - The world is shocked at Dullindal's statement. In the middle of the confusion, Archangel decides to return to Orb. However, Archangel is run down by ZAFT's forces. Minerva is also given order to attack Archangel.

Ep35 - "In the Light of Chaos" (*note* Hobby Japan has the title listed as "Ahead of Chaos")- Having lost Freedom, the badly damaged Archangel heads to Orb. Accompanying Dullindal, Meer goes to Earth. Minerva enters the port of Gibraltar and receives two new MS, Destiny and Legend.

Ep36 - Athrun Escapes

Another set of translations (They all sound roughly the same):

Phase 34

"Nightmare"

Dullindal moves everyone in PLANT with his speach, and seizes full control.

He orders the supression of the Archangel. Athrun is very shocked by this news.

Archangel was already in combat with another ZAFT unit when the Minerva appears. Talia, wanting to avoid battle, asks for their surrender.

Phase 35

"Chaos ahead"

Shinn finally takes down his greatest enemy.

As for Athrun, this is an impossible task to accomplish. Athrun, who is unable to hold back his emotions, beats up Shinn. But he is unable to answer Ray in the argument he is given, that Shinn was just carrying out his duty. Minerva arrives at Gibraltar. Dullindal who has descended to Earth, wishes to speak with both Athrun and Shinn, and has a gift for both of them.

Phase 36

"Athrun's escape"

Jibril's resposibility is questioned by Logos. In order to insure recovery, they move their forces to "the heavens base" of Iceland. ZAFT are preparing an attack of this base. At this time, Athrun becomes aware of the true intention of Dullindal.

He tries to escape, but many guns are aimed at him. During his escape, Athrun is rescued by an un-expected person.

Comments:

Ouch, Archangel gets a beating...meh nothing they can't handle. They've been is worsts spots. And it looks like Athrun is defecting....Finally, the boy comes to his senses. Unexpected person saves Athrun's ass...could it be our pink princess (I mean fake one)? IJ and SF are lookin like their coming from Lacus (the real one). And Dullindal is evil/Darth Sidious. One should never trust that Char-like voice.

Edit: more stuff. Beats making a new post.

Edited by azrael

Rey's going to be a KILLA with that Gundam.

Oh you got to love Legend's model number. Not too bad actualy, that's how Providence should have looked to begin with.

Shockingly enough, I acutaly like Impulse with those striker packs.

Next time they get Okawara to design something, tell him to design it twice before they use it.

They combined Bask, Jamitov, and Scirocco into this person called Neo... unfortunately, they found out a bit late that this was a big mistake. They should've just settled for a Scirocco.

Call me a throwback, but GSD has no villian that is equal to Scirroco in sheer intelligence and capability, hell, it doesn't even have a villian that's cruel like Bask. The best they've come up with is Dullindal, and Jibril.... and while Dullindal might still amount to something, it's become obvious that Jibril is just another loser.

Edited by kalvasflam

They combined Bask, Jamitov, and Scirocco into this person called Neo... unfortunately, they found out a bit late that this was a big mistake. They should've just settled for a Scirocco.

Call me a throwback, but GSD has no villian that is equal to Scirroco in sheer intelligence and capability, hell, it doesn't even have a villian that's cruel like Bask. The best they've come up with is Dullindal, and Jibril.... and while Dullindal might still amount to something, it's become obvious that Jibril is just another loser.

Yeah, especialy since more and more signs are pointing that Neo is Mwu. They could have made Jibril into Jamitov and Blue Cosmos into the Titans, but they opted to make him into a little girly man with a cat.

I'd say the worst person SEED had was Patrick Zala, the guy was willing to fire GENESIS at Earth despite the fact he'd beaten the Alliance's space fleet and a good number of ZAFT forces were in the line of fire. But even Patrick didn't go gassing whole colonies because some people there didn't agree with him. I guess Azrael was the closest thing SEED had to Scirocco, his group made the last three GAT-x units, and most likely the Dominion, and he let loose the Peacemaker unit against PLANT not Yakin Due, nuking either one would have ended war, but he opted to attack the target with civilians.

I miss Azrael to be honest. He was a good bad guy. Not the insane kind but still evil enough that you want to find out what he does next. Mean while allowing his side to actually be shown as strong.

Does SEED Destiny have the same writers as Gundam SEED or is it a completely new group?

It really does seem like its a completely new group that doesn't really care about what happen before or didn't even try to build on what happen before or put forth any real effort into the story. Then again this could simply come from them making it up as they go instead of having one planned out before hand like other series.

Yeah, especialy since more and more signs are pointing that Neo is Mwu. They could have made Jibril into Jamitov and Blue Cosmos into the Titans, but they opted to make him into a little girly man with a cat.

I'd say the worst person SEED had was Patrick Zala, the guy was willing to fire GENESIS at Earth despite the fact he'd beaten the Alliance's space fleet and a good number of ZAFT forces were in the line of fire. But even Patrick didn't go gassing whole colonies because some people there didn't agree with him. I guess Azrael was the closest thing SEED had to Scirocco, his group made the last three GAT-x units, and most likely the Dominion, and he let loose the Peacemaker unit against PLANT not Yakin Due, nuking either one would have ended war, but he opted to attack the target with civilians.

Patrick Zala is more like a Ghiren Zabi. The parallel is quite amazing, although he didn't kill his son, like Ghiren who managed to kill his dad.

GSD is at best a very watered down version of Zeta, although it's storyline differ in several aspects from Zeta, enough so that it constitutes its own story line. But the problem with the entire story seem to be that they can't decide who to focus on, one week it's the Kira/Athrun show, the next week it's the Shinn/Stella show. I think they're trying to weave several things in at once, but even if they bring off a good ending, the middle episodes (from 10 on) have been a bit lacking. At least the first few episodes were good setups.

And if the spoilers are true, Athrun's destiny will forever be someone who can't make up his mind which side he is on. The guy has defected so many times and fought on so many sides that you need a scorecard to keep track of who he is currently fighting for and why. To me, that's kind of poor character development.

I'd say the worst person SEED had was Patrick Zala, the guy was willing to fire GENESIS at Earth despite the fact he'd beaten the Alliance's space fleet and a good number of ZAFT forces were in the line of fire. But even Patrick didn't go gassing whole colonies because some people there didn't agree with him.

You make it sound as if Zala wasn't as bad as the Titans, but who's really worse? The guy who kills a few million people who have made a conscious decision to oppose him, or the guy who nukes the billions of people living on Earth with a giant gamma ray cannon because their parents didn't have them genetically altered before they were born? And of course, there's all the collateral damage that comes with hitting the Earth, that you don't get from gassing a colony.

I think Patrick Zala might not seem as bad because SEED didn't play it up as much as Zeta did with the Titans' crimes, but if you compare goals (genocide vs. political control) and methods (actually, I guess poison gas can be pretty painful too, but it's hard to ignore all those exploding bodies), Zala's pretty bad. I mean, obviously they're both bastards, but it's hard to say the Titans are worse than Zala.

Couple of other things.

I-Justice's shield beam saber doubles as it's beam boomerang...

ij6mm.th.jpg

S-Freedom's dual beam rifiles are something of interest.

sf8gn.th.jpg

Here's Legend:

11168224457370tp.th.jpg74758wz.th.jpg

And finally, a little MSV for ya.

1448km.th.jpgiop5ia.th.jpg

Also from Gunota:

Hobby Japan's spoilers for ep. 34 and 35 (title for ep 36) (Spoilers, highlight to read)

DESTINY spoilers

Ep34 - "Nightmare" - The world is shocked at Dullindal's statement. In the middle of the confusion, Archangel decides to return to Orb. However, Archangel is run down by ZAFT's forces. Minerva is also given order to attack Archangel.

Ep35 - "In the Light of Chaos" (*note* Hobby Japan has the title listed as "Ahead of Chaos")- Having lost Freedom, the badly damaged Archangel heads to Orb. Accompanying Dullindal, Meer goes to Earth. Minerva enters the port of Gibraltar and receives two new MS, Destiny and Legend.

Ep36 - Athrun Escapes

Another set of translations (They all sound roughly the same):

Phase 34

"Nightmare"

Dullindal moves everyone in PLANT with his speach, and seizes full control.

He orders the supression of the Archangel. Athrun is very shocked by this news.

Archangel was already in combat with another ZAFT unit when the Minerva appears. Talia, wanting to avoid battle, asks for their surrender.

Phase 35

"Chaos ahead"

Shinn finally takes down his greatest enemy.

As for Athrun, this is an impossible task to accomplish. Athrun, who is unable to hold back his emotions, beats up Shinn. But he is unable to answer Ray in the argument he is given, that Shinn was just carrying out his duty. Minerva arrives at Gibraltar. Dullindal who has descended to Earth, wishes to speak with both Athrun and Shinn, and has a gift for both of them.

Phase 36

"Athrun's escape"

Jibril's resposibility is questioned by Logos. In order to insure recovery, they move their forces to "the heavens base" of Iceland. ZAFT are preparing an attack of this base. At this time, Athrun becomes aware of the true intention of Dullindal.

He tries to escape, but many guns are aimed at him. During his escape, Athrun is rescued by an un-expected person.

Comments:

Ouch, Archangel gets a beating...meh nothing they can't handle. They've been is worsts spots. And it looks like Athrun is defecting....Finally, the boy comes to his senses. Unexpected person saves Athrun's ass...could it be our pink princess (I mean fake one)? IJ and SF are lookin like their coming from Lacus (the real one). And Dullindal is evil/Darth Sidious. One should never trust that Char-like voice.

Edit: more stuff. Beats making a new post.

Interesting, sounds like things are finally building up. I was getting tired of the pacing, where half of the episodes are wasted with meaningless chatter that doesn't advance the story.

Also, Freedom gets trashed does it? I wanna see that. I don't think it's Shinn alone that accomplishes this feat.

I'd say the worst person SEED had was Patrick Zala, the guy was willing to fire GENESIS at Earth despite the fact he'd beaten the Alliance's space fleet and a good number of ZAFT forces were in the line of fire. But even Patrick didn't go gassing whole colonies because some people there didn't agree with him.

You make it sound as if Zala wasn't as bad as the Titans, but who's really worse? The guy who kills a few million people who have made a conscious decision to oppose him, or the guy who nukes the billions of people living on Earth with a giant gamma ray cannon because their parents didn't have them genetically altered before they were born? And of course, there's all the collateral damage that comes with hitting the Earth, that you don't get from gassing a colony.

I think Patrick Zala might not seem as bad because SEED didn't play it up as much as Zeta did with the Titans' crimes, but if you compare goals (genocide vs. political control) and methods (actually, I guess poison gas can be pretty painful too, but it's hard to ignore all those exploding bodies), Zala's pretty bad. I mean, obviously they're both bastards, but it's hard to say the Titans are worse than Zala.

Well in a way Patrick wasn't as bad as the Titans, the Titans were just power hungry to begin with. Patrick got messed up in the head after his wife got nuked and finnaly his son betrays him. You could probably make the argument Patick was insane. But that still doesn't excuse what he did.

Honestly though, I was hoping to see Azrael's Peacemakers nuke Yackin Due with him in it.

GSD is at best a very watered down version of Zeta, although it's storyline differ in several aspects from Zeta, enough so that it constitutes its own story line. But the problem with the entire story seem to be that they can't decide who to focus on, one week it's the Kira/Athrun show, the next week it's the Shinn/Stella show. I think they're trying to weave several things in at once, but even if they bring off a good ending, the middle episodes (from 10 on) have been a bit lacking. At least the first few episodes were good setups.

I actualy wonder if the writers actualy have a story planned out, or if they're just making it up as they go along.

actually, it seem like they are making things up as they go along. I swear it almost seem like they're polling their audience to see what's popular and then make the up the new episodes down the line to reflect viewer opinion.

Not enough Shinn, ok, we focus on Shinn

Not enough Kira, ok, here is Kira

Athrun is getting too much press, let's knock him down a bit

Cagalli is too whiny, ok Shinn shots at her

etc etc....

Now are we actualy going to see these new striker packs or are they MSV stuff?

Well if they really are gaugeing what's popular, I guess ZAFT was the popular side over in Japan. Personaly I've always liked the guys in the grey uniforms for some reason.

Personaly I've always liked the guys in the grey uniforms for some reason.

As for myself, I've always liked girls in micro-mini skirts, but each to his own I guess :p .

Graham

Hey, hey, hey I like the chick in the grey uniforms too. I've yet to see a gundam chick who looks as nice as Ramius and Natarle.

One of the guys at Animesuki noticed this point in Episode 33 from Dengeki (spoilers, highlight to read)

Phase 33: Unable to protect Stellar, Shinn's hatred towards Freedom grows. On the other hand, ArchAngel picks up Neo who crashes in the last battle. Meanwhile Dullindal announces to the world about the Earth Alliance's indiscrinination attacks and makes a certain statement.

There's also a rumor that Sting will meet his fate as well.

One of the guys at Animesuki noticed this point in Episode 33 from Dengeki (spoilers, highlight to read)

Phase 33: Unable to protect Stellar, Shinn's hatred towards Freedom grows. On the other hand, ArchAngel picks up Neo who crashes in the last battle. Meanwhile Dullindal announces to the world about the Earth Alliance's indiscrinination attacks and makes a certain statement.

There's also a rumor that Sting will meet his fate as well.

That's going to clear up a lot of things... :ph34r:

Edited by Druna Skass

Murrue's in for a surprise.

If Neo's group suffers a large enough defeat, it gives him a nice window to be able to stay out of BC sight.

Spoiler pic. Click to view.

http://img17.echo.cx/my.php?image=gsdimpulsefreedom0sw.jpg

Looks better than when he faced Le Creuset

Can't wait to see that one.

Shinn's expression when he told Athrun that "It looks like someone at headquarters understands me" was just...evil.

His ego just went through the roof after escaping this incident unscathed. Dude is a walking dark side time bomb now. Who knows what might happen after battling Freedom.

Edited by Anubis

Shinn's expression when he told Athrun that "It looks like someone at headquarters understands me" was just...evil.

His ego just went through the roof after escaping this incident unscathed.  Dude is a walking dark side time bomb now.  Who knows what might happen after battling Freedom.

Lot of rumbling about Shinn (the fanboys at AnimeSuki have endless threads about this), but somewhere in the back of my head, I get the feeling Fukada has set up Shinn to be a Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader-character. For all the wrong he's done, in the end, maybe he'll do something right. Shinn's ego has been eating the praise up and his attitude went sour in last week's episode (ep. 31). Being released with no charges and then talking down to a superior officer (Athrun). Then, when he fights Kira, Shinn is going to trash/pwned Freedom. And as his reward, he gets Destiny. For all it's worth, Shinn, it appears, has become the villian now. Maybe in the end though, he'll realize that he wasn't solving the problem, only contributing to it. Although I wonder if Shinn would be worth salvation at that point. If Shinn ever falls from grace, I hope it's a rough landing. With all that hate and vengence, you're right, he is a dark-side time bomb.

Edited by azrael

Any episode now after Shinn fights Freedom and is given the Destiny, Rey and Dullindal are sure to start recruiting Shinn for their real program. It'll be set up so that Rey and Shinn will make a nasty combat pair, wth Luna making it a trio in the Impulse (I expect her to be a casualty at some point). Dullindal maybe figures on Athrun joining with Kira again eventually, and thus his plan would involve Shinn and Rey to be paired up against those two.

The whole point of the chairman inviting Athrun back into Zaft might have been to keep him and Kira separate for now. Just like Dullindal said it was fortunate that Kira and Lacus were separated, it could be the same idea for Athrun. He's keeping Athrun busy/distracted.

The whole upcoming Logos announcement is the one thing that's wierd so far. He going to go out and reveal them, so what his real motivation is hard to see yet.

They really do seem to be setting Shinn up to be the principal rival for Kira. In a way it might be like a new Char (the Anakin analogy also works). Shiin may think he's doing the right thing, but is really the bad guy.

His little moment with Athrun amounted to Shinn basically telling Athrun he's outlived his usefulness.

It's interesting having a title character that's not really stoic and kind of blurring the good/bad line with how he does things.

Edited by Anubis

It's too bad, Shinn is growing a little too arrogant for his own good, his problem is not being faced with a tough decision where his actions will have an immediate and terrible consequence.

i.e. he watches Destroy blow away ZAFT troops, knowing it's Stella, then having the balls to kill her because it's the right thing to do. So far, his decisions have been relatively straight forward and fairly free of conflict. Kill his immediate enemy. That would force him to reflect a little.

Seem like the I hate Shinn crowd has gotten the writers attention during the last round of feedback poll

Seem like the I hate Shinn crowd has gotten the writers attention during the last round of feedback poll

Really, how so?

I mean I'm glad they have finally taken notice if that's true. It's about time. I've really wonderd what fans in Japan really thought about him and Destiny's present state and it's director. I know from post over at AnimeSuki that ratings have been dropping in the latest episodes, maybe they'll take notice of that but with episodes being done a few weeks ahead of time not like there can be a big change right away if there was ever one.

Edited by Effect

In the pic of Impulse vs Freedom, I noticed that Impulse beam sword is much more wider, shaped like a saber. This somehow reminds me of the hyper beam sword from Zeta and double zeta, double zeta hyper beam sword even to slice the psycho gundam mk II easily.

<_< But that requires newtype power, while in the CE we have only Seed mode. I quess that Shinn is pretty pissed by Kira/Freedom when Stellar is killed in Destroy <_< .

I mean I'm glad they have finally taken notice if that's true. It's about time. I've really wonderd what fans in Japan really thought about him and Destiny's present state and it's director. I know from post over at AnimeSuki that ratings have been dropping in the latest episodes, maybe they'll take notice of that but with episodes being done a few weeks ahead of time not like there can be a big change right away if there was ever one.

From what I've heard, the fans on 2ch are Shinn fans. :rolleyes: Although the drop in ratings might be due to the fact that there hasn't been any clear direction for this series. Certain arcs have been dragged out too long, things are just now coming into the light, Impulse's sales have been low, the producers are trying too hard, lack of viewer interest, etc.

In the pic of Impulse vs Freedom, I noticed that Impulse beam sword is much more wider, shaped like a saber.

Artist interpretation of the events. Try not to analyze it that much. In the magazine pic of episode 14 (?), it showed Freedom fighting lots of Murasames. On screen, he only took down 2.

Kool pics Grand Connon. B))

Ep 32....

I really loved how those 3 Murasame Pilots flew. Id give them mad props (if they were real) for flying that well. And that last move that one Murasame did.... B))

Kira/Freedom was there in all his/its greatness but it looked like he was being attacked worse than Impulse. Impulse got close to Destroy WAY TOO easily. What kinda crap is that....... :angry: Kiras the best DAMNIT! :D

And man one Pilot must be REALLY good at bailing out of Heavily damaged Mobile Suits..... :rolleyes:

A good episode, I think.

And hey...excuse my "noobness" but you all speak of story archs, and I think I get part of what you all are talkin about but could you please show me an example so that I comprehend???? Please.......... :(

I really loved how those 3 Murasame Pilots flew. Id give them mad props (if they were real) for flying that well. And that last move that one Murasame did.... B))

Now I want some HG of those Murasames, transformable into MA mode, they really rocked in that episode, but not as great as Fukuda attempts to promoting Murasames into another model kits for Bandai since he shows the Murasames can kick some ass (As I realized, the first Gundam kill by non gundam, and by not so-famous pilot :ph34r: )

I got the G-Flex of the Murasame plastic model, the MA mode is better-looking compared two the Zetas kit that I owned :lol: . :lol:

Looks like the screwing over of the EA is complete with this episode. They've basicly lost all main characters. Auel, Stellar, and Sting all gone. Neo seems to be in a coma of sorts. The icing on the cake will be for ZAFT to actually recover the Destory which I think will happen. :(

So many plot devices. :( Why have the EA mobile suits never performed the way these Orb suits did. The only thing close as been the EA Gundam pilots which ended up being killed and weren't even pure naturals anymore like originally thought since they been reconed as extended or the three Daggers in Gundam SEED that were quickly killed anyway due to the EMP. While this episode was action packed I just found it depressing over all, especially when I think of what the fallout will be an what the upcoming previews are talking about. :(

Trying not to think to much about since there are other shows to watch but it's just sad to see this show turn out the way it has.