Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

I wonder if DaCosta is the Eternal's acting captain

I'm sure Andy left him in charge of their space operations. If there's any arrangements that need to be done to get to or from PLANT, DaCosta's your man.

The part where Lacus pretending to the Meer was just amazing,, and when Freedom pull the Top gun move with the control tower I was just speechless

Meer's expression was the best moment of this episode.

post-26-1113705055.jpg

Another Providence: Excellent

Hope we get a funnel vs funnel fight between Rey and Neo somehow. That would rock.

I wonder if DaCosta is the Eternal's acting captain

I'm sure Andy left him in charge of their space operations. If there's any arrangements that need to be done to get to or from PLANT, DaCosta's your man.

The part where Lacus pretending to the Meer was just amazing,, and when Freedom pull the Top gun move with the control tower I was just speechless

Meer's expression was the best moment of this episode.

It should be easy to tell Lacus from Meer if you put them side by side: Lacus looks about 2 cup sizes smaller than Meer the way they've been animating her in this series.

Edited by Anubis

Kira and Lacus look really good together, loovee lovee.

Dam I knew I forgot my favorite part. Kira and Lacus did look good together. Finally it doesent look liek they are "just friends" :p

I do wonder if Luna was ordered to follow Athrun or just acted on her own behalf. Tho I strongly think she was ordered. She couldent leave the ship without a good reason.

Ohhh and Anubis...love your new Avatar. :D

The Astray Out Frame.

Don't know what the heck that thing on it's back is, but it looks to me kind of like a RX-79G (8th MS Team) style storage backpack, with it's shield mounted on the back of it, with it's guns on the side. No idea what else it could be.

While the Gundam looks cool, the backpack does not. It really just looks like a backpacker. <_<

Just finally started cathcing up on SEED. Is it me, or does the body of the Blitz Gundam resemble the YF-19?

I do wonder if Luna was ordered to follow Athrun or just acted on her own behalf. Tho I strongly think she was ordered. She couldent leave the ship without a good reason.

Now that is a good thought. She was too well equiped when she was spying on him. Plus when Gaia attacked no one was looking for her or asking where she was.

It should be easy to tell Lacus from Meer if you put them side by side: Lacus looks about 2 cup sizes smaller than Meer the way they've been animating her in this series.

That and their faces are shaped a little diffrently. Meer looks like she has more of a babyface than Lacus.

Episode 26 was pretty good. I was fairly surprised to hear the doctor refuse to treat Stellar without orders, though. I guess ZAFT doctors don't have the Hippocratic Oath, huh?

The shot of the three ZAFT Gundams is interesting. Impulse, Destiny, and Son of Providence, maybe they'll call it Fate or Judgement or some other nonsense. The ED shot of it indicates that it's got a good number of funnels, at least eight, though not quite as many as Providence itself did (13). I suppose we'll get a better count when line art is released.

Kinda weird that Saviour wasn't in that lineup, but I guess since Athrun's going to self-destruct it at some point over the next 13 episodes it doesn't matter.

Note to people with no sense of humor. The above wasn't a spoiler. It has not been said that Athrun is going to blow up Saviour, but I think most people here expect him to.

Shinn finally gets another chance to do something besides be angry. I'm pleased with this.

Maybe we should start a pool on when/if Athrun self destucts.

I think he will. Either that or Destroy will tear him up.

Gunota update

Justice 2 follow-up

A description of the contents of the June issue of Gundam Ace from Kadokawa's official site states that the name of the new Justice is the "Knight Justice" (could also possibly be spelled "Night Justice").

Edited by Anubis

Just want a confirmation on this particular concept, Phas Shift Armour is resistant to projectile weapons and explosions but vulnerable to beam weapons. Is that right? When Kira was fighting Yzak, the beam weapon went partially through all right, but unlike the GINNs, it had some resistance to beam weapons. When Kira owned Miguel, the beam weapon went through him like butter. Phase shift armour to me seems to offer some resistance to beam weapons.

Just want a confirmation on this particular concept, Phas Shift Armour is resistant to projectile weapons and explosions but vulnerable to beam weapons. Is that right? When Kira was fighting Yzak, the beam weapon went partially through all right, but unlike the GINNs, it had some resistance to beam weapons. When Kira owned Miguel, the beam weapon went through him like butter. Phase shift armour to me seems to offer some resistance to beam weapons.

The official publications state that the phase shift, and trans phase shift armor are ineffective against beam weapons.

Phase shift is only a surface enhancement. If the beam penetrates it the next defense is the actual physical armor, and structure of the MS. In previous shows like UC Gundam the Gundams had better lunar titanium alloys compared to cannon fodder MS. This is probably the case in Seed, although its just speculation on my part.

Phase Shift Armor

http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds/ce/ba...gy.html#psarmor

Trans-Phase Armor

http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds/ce/ba...gy.html#tparmor

What you may have seen was just camera effects (i.e. they slowed down the camera for a dramatic effect). When Kira fought Yzak, Kira held back the kill shot. If Kira had moved Strike's arm a little more, Yzak would have become a Nicol. That just left Yzak confused cuz when he came back Kira got the knife out and shoved it into the hole he made with the beam saber.

Justice 2 follow-up

A description of the contents of the June issue of Gundam Ace from Kadokawa's official site states that the name of the new Justice is the "Knight Justice" (could also possibly be spelled "Night Justice").

A few people have said it's probably "Knight" in reference to Knight Schumach (Super Freedom -> Super Asurada).

BTW, can anybody find the list of cars from the Cyber Formula series plus the variations (not the games, i.e Road to Evolution, etc...). I have an annoying feeling the name for Providence II is somewhere in there....

:lol::lol: Shinn hits it again.

http://flets.gundam-seed-d.net/WEST/seed-d.html

Preview of ep. 27.

PHASE-27 – Unreachable Feelings

Lacus goes to space and boards the Eternal hidden in an asteroid field. She meets again with Da Costa and the others, but Dullindal feels threatened by Lacus and declares her a fake and a terrorist and issues a pursuit order.

Onboard the Minerva, Lunamaria reports the actions of Athrun to Talia, but she doesn’t mention that Meer is a fake of Lacus. As previously planned, Minerva takes off to Gibraltar and faces the Orb Army again. But when Cagalli is informed of that...

Comments:

Well, doesn't this put even more doubt on the good chairman...

Shinn hits it again.

That ain't that bad. How about the animated gif/avata version from Animesuki..... :lol:

http://flets.gundam-seed-d.net/WEST/seed-d.html

Preview of ep. 27.

PHASE-27 – Unreachable Feelings

Lacus goes to space and boards the Eternal hidden in an asteroid field. She meets again with Da Costa and the others, but Dullindal feels threatened by Lacus and declares her a fake and a terrorist and issues a pursuit order.

Onboard the Minerva, Lunamaria reports the actions of Athrun to Talia, but she doesn’t mention that Meer is a fake of Lacus. As previously planned, Minerva takes off to Gibraltar and faces the Orb Army again. But when Cagalli is informed of that...

Comments:

Well, doesn't this put even more doubt on the good chairman...

Shinn hits it again.

That ain't that bad. How about the animated gif/avata version from Animesuki..... :lol:

Love the image

As for 27

Guess this does indeed cast some solid doubt on the Chairman finally.

As for 27

Guess this does indeed cast some solid doubt on the Chairman finally.

I'm still rooting for the chairman. From his view, some evil little bitch has stolen a ZAFT shuttle, and her accomplice did attacked a ZAFT base creating casaulties (to be included later). ZAFT must therefore hunt down the imposter Lacus (after all, if he can create an imposter, why can't anyone else, in fact, since he hasn't heard from the real Lacus for so long, how does he know she is still alive even? In fact, the one on that Orb beach house was rumored to be a fake in the first place, hence the order to assassinate.)

Heh heh, ok, enough twisted logic :huh:

Well Eternal's showing up again, I guess it's only a matter of time before Kusanagi shows up with Kisaka as the captain.

Where are these scenes from?

Those scenes are from the new ending credits.

As for Kisaka and the Kusanagi....no one knows.

Well Eternal's showing up again, I guess it's only a matter of time before Kusanagi shows up with Kisaka as the captain.

Where are these scenes from?

Those scenes are from the new ending credits.

As for Kisaka and the Kusanagi....no one knows.

But Kisaka does show up in the new opening doesent he? The scene with Athrun walkin away form Half dressed Cagali. (Cagali at her best :rolleyes: )

But Kisaka does show up in the new opening doesent he?

Openings have a way of really throwing us off... Rumor had it that Shinn and Kira would fight...well, we're still waiting..... and Strike Rouge with the IWSP.... we're still waiting on that too...or even Shiho (Shiho is Yzak's girl standing to Yzak's left in the new ending) in the ending...still no sign of that...etc. As I said, no one knows.... Yet. :lol:

I was thinking, could the Providence-ish looking MS actually be the Knight Justice?

There hasn't been any info at all about a new Providence yet, and we haven't seen lineart for the Justice yet, though it has at least been added to the upcoming lineup. That could be it.

That could be a new style Justice backpack. Though with the funnels (if those are funnels, which they do look like) I'm hesitant to say it's the Justice.

That would make a nice change for Athrun. Not a red suit, but has some red parts. I actually think the red parts clash a little but it looks pretty good overall.

Still hoping for it to be a providence though. Give it to Rey.

I hope they put the Gaia back into service and let the Minerva have it.

Anyone else notice the Minerva will reach Gibraltar about the same time the Archangel reached Alaska in the first show? The Minerva has gotten a lot more done though.

Edited by Anubis

I was thinking, could the Providence-ish looking MS actually be the Knight Justice?

Looking at that thing's head I think that's the case. It looks like a that head we saw a close-up of that everyone said was the new Justice.

It's not butt-ass ugly enough to be a Providence... :p

This could be interesting and sorta surprised it isn't poked at, but in one of the last frame shots of the ending credits you see Impulse to the left, and Destiny to the right, however there's a middle one.

In appearance of order there's Rey, Lumaria and Shin standing by the respected Gundams.....soooooooo.....guess that means Lunmaria is going to be a Gundam pilot *shrugs*

Personally, don't think the new ending is whacked, it just different with shots of all the characters thru the Seed storyline and even Destiny Storyline....no big deal if they "Occured" or not.

This could be interesting and sorta surprised it isn't poked at, but in one of the last frame shots of the ending credits you see Impulse to the left, and Destiny to the right, however there's a middle one.

In appearance of order there's Rey, Lumaria and Shin standing by the respected Gundams.....soooooooo.....guess that means Lunmaria is going to be a Gundam pilot *shrugs*

So what does Athrun get? Four pilots, three units...