Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

He's also behind FAITH and is most likely deeply involved in genetic engineering and cloning, unless somehow Rey is his nephew/son who just shares a lot of similarities to Krueze. 

Actually, FAITH has been around before the Chairman if Athrun knew about it before he was recurited. However, under jursidiction, the chain of command falls flat on the chairman. Which places him in a very interesting position.

Try this one for the upcoming episode (spoiler episode 26-30)

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=29956

If you read the thread, many people have concluded that they are rumors from a Chinese BBS or from the kids at 2ch. The source on those previews cannot be verified so don't believe it. In fact, one of the few Japanese speakers there have picked up Shukan Shonen Magazine which has episode listings up to episode 27.

Episode titles for eps 26-27, spoiler, highlight to read:

Phase 26: "Promise"

Phase 27: "Unreachable Feelings"

I don't think Athrun was a member of FAITH in the first series, I think he was just stepped into further reaches of the ELITES and given the JUSTICE due to his high ranking capabilities and finally being able and the only one to destroy the Strike which was the greatest threat to PLANT.

I don't think Athrun was a member of FAITH in the first series

Lunamaria mentions it as part of his service record in episode 7, and the Captain of the Minerva commented about him being reinstated to FAITH when he returns with Saviour.

I don't think Athrun was a member of FAITH in the first series

Lunamaria mentions it as part of his service record in episode 7, and the Captain of the Minerva commented about him being reinstated to FAITH when he returns with Saviour.

Not quite.....He was assigned to the squad under the Defense commitee during SEED. His orders came from the military head (Patrick Zala) or those in the tier below Zala, or what we would consider the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Basically, Athrun's orders came from ZAFT's command staff. Gil is more like the Prime Minister of PLANT. And since FAITH is under the direct control of the chairman of PLANT, his jurisdiction does not fall within ZAFT's jurisdiction.

When Talia said Athrun was reinstated into ZAFT, it was more like, he was reinstated... under FAITH. The ZAFT regular army probably would never reinstate him under normal circumstances (He's been AWOL for 2 years). So to put him in FAITH, is more like a political appointment, so to speak.

Anyone notice how Destiny has much much less angst so far than Seed? By this time in Seed, I think you were already exposed to Kira coming to grips with being a Coordinator and not fitting in with his friends, along with the trauma of killing people in battle. Heap that on top of Fllay's torment about her father and Coordinators, Tolle and Nicol, and a whole lot of other stuff, it sure made Seed seem alot more angsty than Destiny. So far, Destiny doesn't have much of that or maybe it's going to crop up near the end.

There's definitely more comedy in Destiny, mostly with Athrun and all the women on his jock. Sadly, it looks like Athrun gets all the fun and Kira's being portrayed as a sad sack that mopes all the time. You can't blame the guy, when his last piece of action was with Fllay, given that Lacus loves toting around a whole damn preschool class! :p

Not quite.....He was assigned to the squad under the Defense commitee during SEED. His orders came from the military head (Patrick Zala) or those in the tier below Zala, or what we would consider the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Basically, Athrun's orders came from ZAFT's command staff. Gil is more like the Prime Minister of PLANT. And since FAITH is under the direct control of the chairman of PLANT, his jurisdiction does not fall within ZAFT's jurisdiction.

When Talia said Athrun was reinstated into ZAFT, it was more like, he was reinstated... under FAITH. The ZAFT regular army probably would never reinstate him under normal circumstances (He's been AWOL for 2 years). So to put him in FAITH, is more like a political appointment, so to speak.

You should rewatch both episodes. Theres no ambiguity in what's said.

"The truth is, we know all know quite a bit about you. A former ZAFT red-coat under commander Le Crueset. Midway through the war, the one who took out Strike, the strongest of them all... afterwards assigned to Special Taskforce FAITH that reported directly to the Defense Committee - ZGMF-X09A Justice's pilot, Athrun Zala... right?"

"He reinstated you to FAITH, assigned you the newest and most powerful unit, and sent you to this ship".

Even though he didn't have the symbol, it was the same thing. In SEED, he reported directly to Supreme Council Chairman Patrick Zala when he was assigned to the special forces. It's the same as what he does now with Gilbert Dullindal. As others have said before, it's just a minor retcon.

He was reporting to Zala all along wasn't he before Zala became the leader of Plant? And was apart of the special forces before the series even started it seemed. Just that Zala became the head of the council and head of the military at the same time so then Athrun was reporting to the leader of Plant.

Edited by Effect

OK so when Dullindal took over he gave the Faith members the fancy pins to distinguish them.

Zala was head of the miltary first, then became Plant chairman. Once he was chairman and Athrun came back after destroying Strike, Zala promoted Athrun to special ops. They just didn't mention the Faith name specifically during the show.

I guess Athrun was just surprized he was going right back into Faith when he went back in. Even though it grants him autonomy, it's probably not as suttle as what Athrun thought Dullindal had in mind for him before Dullindal handed him the pin.

If this is supposed to be based off Z Gundam, then I'm guessing there's going to be a third SEED where instead of Neo Zeon, the enemy is Logos.

As far as Gilbert goes, I'm guessing he either:

A: Wants to take over Logos

B: Wants to take Logos' place

C: Wants to destroy Logos

If he's option C then it would make sence why he's restraining himself, the Alliance and Blue Cosmos isn't his real enemy and he's just biding his time until he can hit Logos. I'm guessing he new about Logos before he was elected Chairman. Right now I don't see him as evil but I see him more in the same light as Char. He kind of makes me think of Relena if she had a more militant ideal on how to acheve a lasting peace.

I think Neo might be the one to get that mystery Gundam, and I'm still guessing he's really an amnesiac Mwu, who'll start getting his memories back when he runs into Archangel or the Freedom.

I want to know what kind of role Scandanavia will play, they're hiding Archangel and it's where Siegel was from. The leadership there might know something, or maybe Lacus has a relative there who's some kind of big shot.

If this is supposed to be based off Z Gundam, then I'm guessing there's going to be a third SEED where instead of Neo Zeon, the enemy is Logos.

As far as Gilbert goes, I'm guessing he either:

A: Wants to take over Logos

B: Wants to take Logos' place

C: Wants to destroy Logos

If he's option C then it would make sence why he's restraining himself, the Alliance and Blue Cosmos isn't his real enemy and he's just biding his time until he can hit Logos. I'm guessing he new about Logos before he was elected Chairman. Right now I don't see him as evil but I see him more in the same light as Char. He kind of makes me think of Relena if she had a more militant ideal on how to acheve a lasting peace.

I think Neo might be the one to get that mystery Gundam, and I'm still guessing he's really an amnesiac Mwu, who'll start getting his memories back when he runs into Archangel or the Freedom.

I want to know what kind of role Scandanavia will play, they're hiding Archangel and it's where Siegel was from. The leadership there might know something, or maybe Lacus has a relative there who's some kind of big shot.

Hmm outta those choices I think Id guess B than A as my runner up. I guess ot me thats more of a reason to be sneakier and restrained. Why settle for being for being just Chairman of PLANT when u can aslo replace Logos or lead them. :rolleyes:

And yah, if it wasent for Neo's "way of speaking" I wouldent think he would be Mwu, but we shall see. <_<

And yah, if it wasent for Neo's "way of speaking" I wouldent think he would be Mwu, but we shall see. <_<

Well not only that but look at his mobile armor, the shocked look on Ramius's face in the second opening and the fact they removed his helmet among the Strike wreakage in the Special Edition.

Does anyone know the name of that song in epi 21 where Shinn and Stellar are in the cave?

And yah, if it wasent for Neo's "way of speaking" I wouldent think he would be Mwu, but we shall see.  <_<

Well not only that but look at his mobile armor, the shocked look on Ramius's face in the second opening and the fact they removed his helmet among the Strike wreakage in the Special Edition.

Does anyone know the name of that song in epi 21 where Shinn and Stellar are in the cave?

Well yah other than that. But I think its possible that they took away the floating helmet in the special to make us think its Mwu but really turn out to be a clone. The rest of the simularities could be pretty freakin big coincidences and still be a clone or brother he had that he never knew. But like the way he said at the end of ep 15 "Finally we meet. Ive found you, my little kitten." that sounded so much like sumthing Mwu would say. Atleast I thought, I could be wrong. I dont remember him saying that phrase in GS.

And I wish I knew the name of that song too.

Anyways, cant wait for the next ep. :rolleyes:

Well SEED Fansubs and Haro^2 released episode 21...however Animekingdom announced they're not persueing in fansubbing anymore Destiny episodes. At this time neither Har^2 or SEED fansubs have decided wether they'll continue or not, but we can only hope.

Question, where might one go to get the torrent for the Haro^2 releases? Up until now, I've been using animesuki, but those days are gone.

...15 "Finally we meet. Ive found you, my little kitten." that sounded so much like sumthing Mwu would say. Atleast I thought, I could be wrong. I dont remember him saying that phrase in GS.

The phrase was "neko-chan" (Little cat/kitten). Mu does use that word in GS to describe the sub they were hunting after leaving Africa.

Question, where might one go to get the torrent for the Haro^2 releases? Up until now, I've been using animesuki, but those days are gone.

You'll find it if you look for Gundam Seed websites. The series is licensed so I won't link to those sites nor should you be asking them for it.

on a lil off topic. does anyone remember the name of the song from Seed ep 40 when kira and athrun are protecting the kusanagi during it's launch?

"Akatsuki no Kuruma".

on a lil off topic. does anyone remember the name of the song from Seed ep 40 when kira and athrun are protecting the kusanagi during it's launch?

"Akatsuki no Kuruma".

Goes without saying that that song is also composed by Yuki Kajiura. ;)

"Akatsuki no Kuruma".

sweet.. thanks for the info.. that song's been in my head for awhile and i couldn't find it on the soundtracks i d/l

"Akatsuki no Kuruma".

sweet.. thanks for the info.. that song's been in my head for awhile and i couldn't find it on the soundtracks i d/l

Well the name I have that song under is "Wheel of Destiny" I dont know if "Akatsuki no Kuruma" means the same thing. And I wasent searching for that song specifically when I DLed it.

Well the name I have that song under is "Wheel of Destiny" I dont know if "Akatsuki no Kuruma" means the same thing. And I wasent searching for that song specifically when I DLed it.

"Wheel of Destiny"....umm not really. "Akatsuki" (literally) means "daybreak/dawn". So translation isn't quite correct.

Also courtesy of Gunota is what could very well be the real 'Nu' Freedom/Freedom mk II.

freedomcmprsn.jpg

It appears to lose its railguns for 'VSBR' style energy guns on the hips (actually, they look A LOT like Savior's wing/cannon binders 'sawed off'), possibly its shield, and it may or may not lose the cannons (they could very well still be mounted in the wings but just not noticable in that lineart).

If it's packing two VSBRs, it could easily no longer /need/ the plasma cannons as well. It'd lose some of its 'Throw out a barrage from HELL!' ability, but it wouldn't lose much versatility. The forearm gauntlets could possibly be beam shield generators (same speculation as for Destiny's gauntlets), and the red parts could easily be build in beam cannons.

While it's hard to tell from how grainy the lineart is, it appears that the beam sabers still store on the hip armor (the back of the VSBR-ish weapons when they're deployed).

The legs look mostly unchanged, just 'tidied up' with the calves a bit sleeker near the bottom. Waist armor is Impulse-style. The shoulder armor seems sawed off. The torso itself, from what you can make out of it, actually looks very sleek and modern in appearance..

Part of me wonders if Impulse and Freedom get trashed around the same time and they scavange parts from Impulse to repair and upgrade ol' Freedom. They have extra Impulse parts, so it's not like Rey couldn't get the traditional hand-me-down..

Edit: Those VSBRs look like they could actually be dual beam rifles, holstered Gundam Airmaster (Gundam X) style. If that's the case then I /really/ hope it still has its plasma cannons.. It wouldn't be fair for Freedom to get neutered down to only two beam rifles. =\

Edited by DarkPhoenix

Also courtesy of Gunota is what could very well be the real 'Nu' Freedom/Freedom mk II.

freedomcmprsn.jpg

It appears to lose its railguns for 'VSBR' style energy guns on the hips (actually, they look A LOT like Savior's wing/cannon binders 'sawed off'), possibly its shield, and it may or may not lose the cannons (they could very well still be mounted in the wings but just not noticable in that lineart).

If it's packing two VSBRs, it could easily no longer /need/ the plasma cannons as well. It'd lose some of its 'Throw out a barrage from HELL!' ability, but it wouldn't lose much versatility. The forearm gauntlets could possibly be beam shield generators (same speculation as for Destiny's gauntlets), and the red parts could easily be build in beam cannons.

While it's hard to tell from how grainy the lineart is, it appears that the beam sabers still store on the hip armor (the back of the VSBR-ish weapons when they're deployed).

The legs look mostly unchanged, just 'tidied up' with the calves a bit sleeker near the bottom. Waist armor is Impulse-style. The shoulder armor seems sawed off. The torso itself, from what you can make out of it, actually looks very sleek and modern in appearance..

Part of me wonders if Impulse and Freedom get trashed around the same time and they scavange parts from Impulse to repair and upgrade ol' Freedom. They have extra Impulse parts, so it's not like Rey couldn't get the traditional hand-me-down..

Edit: Those VSBRs look like they could actually be dual beam rifles, holstered Gundam Airmaster (Gundam X) style. If that's the case then I /really/ hope it still has its plasma cannons.. It wouldn't be fair for Freedom to get neutered down to only two beam rifles. =\

Boy that looks ugly. How about ep. 22 though? Just watched the raw, and man I feel robbed. I thought Freedom would kick some ass in this ep, but I guess it'll be another week. Shinn needs an ass whooping already. This boo-hoo filler is killing me.

Check out the Colossus Gundam ;)

Courtesy of Gunota

colossus.jpg

So that's the evil Gundam model that Shin and Kira are shown flying towards in the opening animation. Wow, another Zeta reference! That Gundam is really reminiscent of the Psycho Gundam with a bit of the Quin Mantha thrown in. How much do you want to bet that Stellar ends up piloting it?

I can't see Neo in it since I have a feeling he'll end up being revealed as Mwu.

WTF?! How it it even possible to buiild a Gundam that big! Jesus, this could get interesting. But they could have been a bit more original. Who's the developer, ZAFT or the EA?

WTF?! How it it even possible to buiild a Gundam that big!

You haven't heard of Psyco Gundam?

Forgot my thoughts about Episode 22....They mislabeled it as Phase-21....Scenes of Astrays getting cut apart were taken from the same scenes as when the Windams were getting sliced up...and at 00:21:11, Impulse became Strike......Geez the production crew is really taking shorcuts.

Edited by azrael

WTF?! How it it even possible to buiild a Gundam that big! Jesus, this could get interesting. But they could have been a bit more original. Who's the developer, ZAFT or the EA?

The power loader armour for the red frame is bigger than that....and it has a super duper biggggg katana. :lol: