Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

You know... Is it just me, or is Shin an idiot? He blames Kira (well, he doesn't KNOW Kira did it.. but he blames the pilots of Freedom/Forbidden/etc) for the death of his family, but isn't it his sister's fault? I mean, she was the idiot who apparently valued a pink flip-top cameraphone more then her own damn life and refused to keep running for the ship until she got it back.. <_<

That, and Shin's pretty damn creepy for having kept that thing for so long. :blink:

Edited by DarkPhoenix

You know... Is it just me, or is Shin an idiot? He blames Kira (well, he doesn't KNOW Kira did it.. but he blames the pilots of Freedom/Forbidden/etc) for the death of his family, but isn't it his sister's fault? I mean, she was the idiot who apparently valued a pink flip-top cameraphone more then her own damn life and refused to keep running for the ship until she got it back..  <_<

That, and Shin's pretty damn creepy for having kept that thing for so long.  :blink:

As far as he is concerned...his family was killed and he was spared.

EDIT: DOH!

Edited by wolfx

Shinn just needs to move on. It's natural to try to hold on to those you've loved and lost. Shinn's been holding on for the past 2 years. The boy will move on at some point in the series.

He'll fall in love with whatshername blonde crazy.....she will die....he'll go into SEED berserk mode and start owning things....and then he'll realise war sucks and becomes a hippie like Kira and Athrun and forgive their "sins" after Athrun and Kira tell them about how they lost friends during the war.

I'll have to go back an rewatch ep #1 again, but wouldn't Shin's family still have been killed in the blast from Freedom even if his sister hadn't gone back for her phone?

And how come Shin gets the newest Gundam when he's the worst of Minerva's MS pilots (except for perhaps Lunamaria)?

As the Strike Rouge with ISWP appears in the opening, I'm hoping that Bandai will release a Rouge recolor version of the MMM Strike toy with ISWP or at least an MSiA with ISWP

Graham

I'll have to go back an rewatch ep #1 again, but wouldn't Shin's family still have been killed in the blast from Freedom even if his sister hadn't gone back for her phone?

And how come Shin gets the newest Gundam when he's the worst of Minerva's MS pilots (except for perhaps Lunamaria)?

As the Strike Rouge with ISWP appears in the opening, I'm hoping that Bandai will release a Rouge recolor version of the MMM Strike toy with ISWP or at least an MSiA with ISWP

Graham

Yep, jumping down to grab the phone saves Shinn's life. If he hadn't jumped down for that he'd be dead too. So his sister kinda saved him actually.

By the look of it, if they had just kept running they would of cleared the impact point.. maybe get blown forward by the shockwave, but they should of lived through it.

<_< Anyone have a .torrent for a fansub of ep 9?

Personally, I'm hoping Kira gets the hippy slapped out of him by Shin.. although I noticed even Athrun was holding onto that, merely crippling the High-mobility Zakus in ep 7 (and it came back to bite him in the ass atleast once).

That was my impression as well. Had they kept running they would have actually cleared the impact point by a good distance since they were standing still for some time. They actually would have just gotten blown a way a little from the blast the way Shinn did. They'd still be alive if he hadn't stopped to go and find the sister's cell phone. Another thing that is seriously annoying me is his constant blaming and talking down to Cagalli. I'm getting sick of it and he really needs to be put in his place for it. Sure he's in pain and lost those close to him but he's not the only one. Maybe they are trying to make viewers feel sorry for him and are trying to further pound away that war is hell but they are doing a horrible job at it since we saw what went on in Gundam SEED and what the charcters went through. Shinn's situation is nothing special compared to the others. Yet it seems as if they are trying to make it appear that way, as if he has some extra specail reason to be hateful to those that don't deserve it and those people have to take it without decently defending themselves.

Edited by Effect

Ep. 9 ROCKED.

PLANT is not to be *&^$ed with. :lol:

Good thing they knew what the EA would pull (bastards for trying to glass them in the first sortie), but Plant's new Stampede weapon was great. Zaft's new ship design was pretty cool. Of course the Sneak Attack group was entirely BC.

I also agree that Lacus Mk. II was kind of scary. I kind of thought about Chi when I saw her.

But...she was SO damn HOT in that dress. :drool:

Athrun's expression was priceless, as was Dullindal asking him if something was wrong (while he knows damn well what's wrong). Wonder what the story with this girl is. She's show singing in the Ep. preview, could it be she was filing in for Lacus on Plant while th real one was on Earth? I doubt it since Athrun asked "What are you doing here?" This will be interesting. Of course I want to see more of that dress too.

Anyone else catch the Miriallia cameo?

Apparrently Athrun's visit doesn't last long, cause you see Athrun and Shinn talking, so he proably takes the Savior (maybe the other suit too?) back to earth right away.

This show kicks ass. Before episode 10 we already have had:

Prolonged space battles

Ship to Ship combat

Funnel fights

Zakus owning Gundams

Colony Drop

Visit ORB

Blue Cosmos scheming

More space battle

Nuclear Weapons

New ships and other weapons

2 Lacuses for the price of one

The Girtly Lue is autonomous BC black op ship basically. They wouldn't have gotten mixed in the space fight from Ep. 9. Besides, the EA was going to end the fight REALLY fast if they had their way.

Edited by Anubis

Has there been any word when EA/BC will start doing some serious damage to Zaft/Plant? Just like with SEED, I'm simply tired of constantly watching Zaft outclass the EA and the EA simply rely on numbers.

I still think at least one PLANT colony will be destroyed at some point. With what's gone on so far already, it's an easy probability.

Something might happen to Carpentaria base as well or the other one. Zaft still has a couple bases on Earth. They said they were launching aid after the colony drop from those bases, as well as from orbit. Those might be blitzed soon.

Orb's going to be bit in the butt as well soon too. Those guys picked the wrong side to cozy up with.

Edited by Anubis

I wonder where`s the stolen Gundams went..... <_<

Most likely being taken apart by the Alliance. Though I really don't see what the Alliance could possibly want with those suits. I mention before if the Atlantic and Eurasian Federations finnaly learned to play nice and with the Neutron Jammer Cancellers in their hands the Alliance could build a suit that would make Freedom look like the Leos from Gundam Wing.

As for the Alliance being outclassed all the time. I want to see them come up with some giant anti-colony mobile armor.

Edited by Druna Skass

just saw ep 9. What was all that jibrish Jibril was talking about? Sounds like he has some shady plans after they kill all the coordinators. He said something like "A beautiful garden for us Logos"? whats a logos?

Logos? I've heard that term from somewhere before. I can't remember where but I think it involved a secret socety or something. Ah I can't exactly remember...

Another thing that is seriously annoying me is his constant blaming and talking down to Cagalli. I'm getting sick of it and he really needs to be put in his place for it.

Shinn is young, stupid, and all those other youth qualities. One way to look at it is, Shinn lost faith. Shinn will find his answers much like Kira. One answer will come when he meets Freedom and goes home crying to mommy (At least I hope Kira kicks the crap Shinn).

(At least I hope Kira kicks the crap Shinn).

Screw that, I want to see Cagali get into her Strike Rouge and put her foot up in his @ss.

From the magazine previews, it doesn't sound like that's going to happen, at least not within the next 5 episodes (or later for that matter). Although, I would get a good laugh if Cagalli takes Shinn on with her out-dated Strike Rouge vs. the shiny new Impulse.... and wins.

Also, the magazine previews indicate a new MA coming to slap Shinn around. And Shinn will get a "SEED mode" at some point within the month (remember, double shot of episodes Chirstmas day). In addition, Kira's wanted man....preferrably a "wanted dead" man.

Screw that, I want to see Cagali get into her Strike Rouge and put her foot up in his @ss.

Forget using Strike Rogue (although I /would/ love to see it with the IWSP in the show.. have 'em throw out BS and say they upgraded the internals, armor, etc but left the frame the same and upgraded it to the IWSP so it wouldn't have to rely on outdated striker packs) to kick Shin's ass. She has feet, she has boots.. Shin needs a REAL foot wedged up his ass so far he chokes on his "omg Orb is teh sux0rz11!1' crap. >.>

Although, really, all I want is for Kira to go nuts and lay waste to everything around him in Freedom. >.> Y'know, like the fun he had in the Sahara with Andy and his team.. but with the outragously overpowered mobilesuit of DEATH AND DOOM. <_<

Maybe with him being a wanted man now he'll get cornered and snap out of his 'Cripple only' crap.

We've all been assuming that the rebuilt Freedom when it shows up will still be fitted with an N-Jammer Canceller and nuclear reactor.

I'm thinking here that perhaps whoever rebuilt Freedom might have instead refitted it with a similar system to the Impulse Gundam's energy transfer system in order to get around the treaty banning N-Jammer Cancellers.

While we still don't have enough information on how efficient is the rate of energy being beamed from mother ship to MS using this new system, or even the effective range that energy transfer can be maintained, in theory given a high enough transference rate, the Freedom could possibly still use all it's weapons with impunity. Of course this asumes a high efficency system, which may not be the case.

Also, I'm wondering did Kira's super coordinator ability actually have anything to do with was Freedom's ability to lock onto and accurately engage multiple targets or was it just a case of Freedom having excellent targetting sensors and software? If the latter, why don't all MS have this ability? Cost?

Graham

We've all been assuming that the rebuilt Freedom when it shows up will still be fitted with an N-Jammer Canceller and nuclear reactor.

I'm thinking here that perhaps whoever rebuilt Freedom might have instead refitted it with a similar system to the Impulse Gundam's energy transfer system in order to get around the treaty banning N-Jammer Cancellers.

I'm assuming it was rebuilt as is. I'm guessing that who ever has it isn't intending for that suit to ever see the light of day again unless the sh!t hits the fan in a big way. And if/when that happens it's likely the treaty been flushed down the toilet anyway so there's no point in removing the Cancellers.

Uh, because he's actually a very good pilot?

Are you forgetting he fought multiple Gundams to a standstill as well as surviving relatively unscathed against a gunbarrel equipped mobile armour, in what was essentially his first mission?

I don't think Freedom still being Nuclear powered is in question. The core of the mobile suit as well as it's power reactor were still intact in the end, the main things needing rebuilding were the limbs. Given they just happened to have Freedom's dedicated support and repair ship on hand (Eternal) restoring it should not have been a major task.

Edited by Panon

Also, I'm wondering did Kira's super coordinator ability actually have anything to do with was Freedom's ability to lock onto and accurately engage multiple targets or was it just a case of Freedom having excellent targetting sensors and software? If the latter, why don't all MS have this ability? Cost?

Graham

From what I remember, he wouldn't target multiple targets (10+) until he was in Seed mode. That usually meant he was pissed off or in an extreme amount of distress as when a certain someone he loved died in the previous series. He seemed to be able to activate this mode at will as well as when he first appeared with the Freedom at Alaska and was helping the evacuation. It appeared to me that if he wasn't in this mode, he couldn't really utilize the full firepower and capability of the Freedom.

The treaty was just thrown out the window the moment the EA launched a nuclear attack in the first sortie. It's safe to say all the mid series new suits will have nuclear power again.

As for this "beam recharge" system, they haven't used it yet. They've made several references already to the Impulse and Zaku's running low on power, and needing to return. Probably one of the top secret features they haven't highlighted yet.

Shinn has actually performed quite well in the impulse, I agree.

He fought all 3 stolen Gundams off with the sword package, he did a decent job against Neo's funnels (Rey did better there since he's a newtype). Line him up with Athrun or Yzak and he still has a way to go by comparison to the vets, but he still does quite good given his level of experience.

Shinn's a little too bitter right now, but it's still much better to see him filled with anger and bottled angst, than the alternative of seeing the main piot cry constantly. Kira filled the crying quota in the first series.

After he and Kira beat the crap out of each other they'll probably make up and be friends.

After ORB is attacked again, he'll probably be nicer to Cagalli as well, since she's the only one in ORB trying to keep them from making a big mistake. They'll proably sit down an talk and come to an understanding, kind of like when Athrun and Kira finally teamed up again, and talked in the Archangel's hangar in the first show.

I must take screencaps later of a favorite part of ep. 9: Yzak's beam gatlings dicing up a Dagger. Beautiful. I should figuire out how to make an animated .gif of that.

Since ZAFT always has some kind of counter to nuclear weapons (the Cancellers and Stampeders), why the hell doesn't the Alliance just use biological or chemical weapons. Though if this is supposed to mirror Zeta I guess I could expect some Windams to go in and gas one of the PLANTS.

That might well be a possibility later on.

While we still don't have enough information on how efficient is the rate of energy being beamed from mother ship to MS using this new system, or even the effective range that energy transfer can be maintained, in theory given a high enough transference rate,

I still say the system works via line-of-sight as opposed to the Nadescio-type system. Much like the microwave system in Gundam X. If you need it, call home and they'll shoot a ray of light at you, so to speak.

multiple targets or was it just a case of Freedom having excellent targetting sensors and software? If the latter, why don't all MS have this ability? Cost?

Cost, usually a factor. Usage is probably another. Most of the MS in GSD don't have the assault capabilities that Freedom or Justice had. Also, the MS in Destiny don't have a METEOR unit as an option so there's no need for that type of a targetting system.

Shinn has actually performed quite well in the impulse, I agree.

Considering he's been training in Impulse for a while, he should be good.

why the hell doesn't the Alliance just use biological or chemical weapons.

Bio weapons may not work.

http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds/ce/ba...tml#coordinator

Coordinators carry resistance to diseases so biological weapons would be hard to use. Chemical weapons would probably be more effective since they are move of toxins and agents that no biological life has any resistance to.

In Episode 49 or 50, Kira makes use of Freedom's multi-targeting ability without being in Super Seed mode. So no, there's no "Zero System" or "Nu Frame" bond between Kira and Freedom.

Yeah, I've just finished watching SEED and I also seem to recall a few times where Kira did the multi-target thing in Freedom without being in SEED mode. It seems to be more a function/ability of Freedom rather than part of Kira's abilities IMO.

Graham

In Episode 49 or 50, Kira makes use of Freedom's multi-targeting ability without being in Super Seed mode.  So no, there's no "Zero System" or "Nu Frame" bond between Kira and Freedom.

Yeah, I've just finished watching SEED and I also seem to recall a few times where Kira did the multi-target thing in Freedom without being in SEED mode. It seems to be more a function/ability of Freedom rather than part of Kira's abilities IMO.

Graham

And then with the meteor it hit something like 50 targets simultaneous instead of the 10 or so.

He fought all 3 stolen Gundams off with the sword package, he did a decent job against Neo's funnels (Rey did better there since he's a newtype). Line him up with Athrun or Yzak and he still has a way to go by comparison to the vets, but he still does quite good given his level of experience.

In this thread so far there's been a lot of mention of various characters (Mwu, Rau, Rey) being Newtypes, but is this actually established fact, i.e. is it actually written down anywhere in official source material from Sunrise/Bandai, or actually mentioned in the show?

Or just because some of the characters get that little lightning flash thingy when they sense another character, or to warn them of danger are we just assuming that they are new types without having solid facts to base this assumption on?

Graham

why the hell doesn't the Alliance just use biological or chemical weapons.

Bio weapons may not work.

http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds/ce/ba...tml#coordinator

Coordinators carry resistance to diseases so biological weapons would be hard to use. Chemical weapons would probably be more effective since they are move of toxins and agents that no biological life has any resistance to.

I forgot all about that, coordinators are immune to most diseases, so yeah, Biological weapons may not work. Chemical weapons are always another story.

No matter how good your immune system is, a strong enough nerve or blood agent will kill you damn quick.

Forget using Strike Rogue (although I /would/ love to see it with the IWSP in the show..

Well, we do see Strike Rouge with ISWP in the opening (or is it the ending, I forget?), so I think there's a good chance we will see it in the show later on.

Graham

Uh, because he's actually a very good pilot?

Are you forgetting he fought multiple Gundams to a standstill as well as surviving relatively unscathed against a gunbarrel equipped mobile armour, in what was essentially his first mission?

I don't think Shins that good a pilot....yet.

While in eps 1-2 he was able to avoid being damaged by the 3 stolen Gundams, I don't think it's really that accurate to say he fought them to a standstill. He was also unable to damage the 3 Gundams at all. Of course he may have been deliberately trying not to damage them so that ZAFT could get them back intact.

Athrun an Yzak did much better in their ZAKUs against the 3 stolen Gundams in episode #6. Of couse Athrun and Yzak are far more experienced pilots than Shin, but the ZAKU should also be an inferior machine compared to the Impulse or the 3 stolen Gundams.

Graham