Progress Shots of vf2ss im trying to customise

Sam

And damn me if it isnt harder than i was thinking working this small :(

But anyway, this a bit of what i had accomplished today. Given my track record with customs, as opposed to straight models, this should only take six months or so :p:p

Basically have done two major things.

First was make the wings longer, as in fighter mode they didn't line up where they are meant to, being too far back on the fuselage. So i lengthened using styrene cut for it, and put new pivot points, *all of course after cutting the existing wings in half* that allowed them to still join when folded in, but because of the new pivot point, they now go further forward as well, yay! :p

Second was makign the legs flip forward, and flip back and spread apart far enough they look right it fighter mode. This was causing the most grieft, but a couple of pivotting sections later a LOT of hackign with a dremel, its ruffed out for basic transformation. Even when i get it just right, I will have to find a good way to strengthen in the modes, maybe pegs or polycaps or something..

ANyways, I know it doesn't line up, its a compromise, erring more towards fighter preference., but im happy to say battroid hasn't suffered yet.. :D

post-3-1086508712.jpg

last shot.

im sure progress will be slow, depends on my inspiration, i only started doing this cuz i watched a bit of macross 2 today LOL

post-3-1086509130_thumb.jpg

I'm impressed. That's a particularly small model, but as near as I can see, you've managed to make it work without any compromises! If you succeed, you may have to recast your custom parts and sell them to everyone else! :D

Thanks for the support, i think im gonna need it :lol:

I wish the joins were spotless, I ended up thinking of a better way to do the main swing bar so have replaced to two seperate pieces for each leg with a centrel section with individual arms to each leg. Gone are my dodgy pieces of wire*which were hacking into the plastic, i just didnt have any screws small nuff* and in are pieces of 3 mm round plastic. I still am experimenting so it hasn't been tidied, only made functional. :p

heres som more pix anyway, hopefully you can see it better this time round :)

and those legs are from my previous vf2ss i had built. I needed something to test on the model to make sure it was proportioned correctly =)

I wish i could cast/recast, would save a lot of hassles, but i dont think im good nuff for that quite yet LOL

enjoy.. :)

post-3-1086851073_thumb.jpg

this is just some shots to show the legs proportion to this new apparatus. I need to consider what the best way of support will be. i already have some ideas but im a 'hands on' person, so will have to fiddle to figure it out proper like :):):p

post-3-1086851198_thumb.jpg

Nice work, please keep posting pics as you go!

I'd love to see a close up of the parts you modified. I can't make out enough detail in the pictures.

Yeah, what he said.

Damn man, you're doing what I wouldn't even attempt when I customized mine! The swing bars look a bit on the large size, so do they get in the way of any other parts, ie the head and/or arm brackets in fighter mode? I decided that I wouldn't be able to make the swing bars strong enough to support the battroid mode, while still being small enough to fit in the space provided, and still fold up accordingly. How are yours in terms of stability and strength? Can the battroid stand, and how do you plan and holding everything together, since the old leg joints did this? Anyway, it looks great so far, and I'm very interested to see the final product.

Jarrod

• 1 year later...