PMX

oh snap!!! this is what happens when I don't go on at night! Anyway, I passed up a chance to go to this PMX for free. Damn it! I didn't know they would have alpha's for that cheap! Who knew? Man, that just makes me want to go everytime to each convention just in case something like this happens again. I guess I'm glad I'm going to anime expo then. You guys wanna all meet up and raid that one booth that has the alphas? :p:D:lol:

I have moneeeeey (jingles purse).  :lol:

I do too

( Accept I flash wallet, with lots of bling, not a girly purse :lol: )

I want one!!!!!!!

Heck!!! I want all three and the cyclones!!!!!!!

YEAAAAH I just hit post 100!!!!!!!!

Edited by Skull 0ne

This is very confusing.

If they are vintage Legioss, they will be worth several hundred dollars apiece. Why is he selling em for $50.

If some company is re-issuing them........ Yippee!!! It'll be a kick in the nuts to HG and Toynami. Nyuk Nyuk!

From the pics, it looks just as good quality as an original Gakken (if it isn't an original). If I was there I would have bought up his whole stock!!!

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter

This is very confusing.

If they are vintage Legioss, they will be worth several hundred dollars apiece. Why is he selling em for $50.

If some company is re-issuing them........ Yippee!!! It'll be a kick in the nuts to HG and Toynami. Nyuk Nyuk!

From the pics, it looks just as good quality as an original Gakken (if it isn't an original). If I was there I would have bought up his whole stock!!!

Yup... And if it is, because of this thread guess who'll be there at the A|X with a C&D... :rolleyes:

EDIT: educamacated by Supernintendo Chalmers!

Edited by >EXO<

This is very confusing.

Yup... And if it is, because of this thread guess whole be there at the A|X with a C&D... :rolleyes:

huh? that doesn't make sense. Your talking out of your @$$ again. Pull yourself together man. I know these alphas and it's prices is making you fall apart. Don't worry man, we'll be there at the AX early so we can pick these up. :p:D:lol:

This is very confusing.

Yup... And if it is, because of this thread guess whole be there at the A|X with a C&D... :rolleyes:

huh? that doesn't make sense. Your talking out of your @$$ again. Pull yourself together man. I know these alphas and it's prices is making you fall apart. Don't worry man, we'll be there at the AX early so we can pick these up. :p:D:lol:

Yeah meet me there on Sunday at 5PM... hehehe...

This is very confusing.

Yeah meet me there on Sunday at 5PM... hehehe...

duuhhhh ok george. :p:D:lol:

ok, I know there's been a lot of people PMing me and EXO about us picking up you guys an alpha, but you guys gotta realize that we don't have that kinda money to be buying up like 10 alphas. If you want, you can send us the money first and then we'll go ahead and pick them up. That's even if they have any left or if they have them at all. It seems like I'll be shopping for other people rather than myself this year at the AX. :p:D:lol:

So this is the real deal? Geeze, even I'd buy a bootleg Legioss at that price. And are we talking about the large ride armor? :huh:

I agree with Cyclone. After being thought missing for all these years, the old Gakken molds show up now of all times? Curious.

Don't send me money (well, if you really want to) but wait for the confirmation that those items are there.... please... and yes... no more PMs and request or send them all to Pat.... :D

If these are bootlegs, don't forget, they also did the box and the Styro? :huh: That's a lot of work, almost as much as the Joons. Could be a fluke...

Edited by >EXO<

I believe these are considered the bootlegs of the mospeada stuff. I remember these boxes back in the day when these were 15 bucks a pop. I should've picked them up. Oh wellz. So if these are the same stock, the seller either found a box of these hidden at his warehouse, or they are actually being reissued. I hope it's being reissued. That would mean these will be plentiful in the toy district! :p:D:lol:

And like EXO said, don't PM me until we have confirmation, PM EXO when we do. :p:D:lol:

But....but I already sent you guys all my money. What should I do? Send more? :D

sure, why not? But make sure you send it to EXO. :p:D:lol:

I originally posted this to see if these were bootleg or re-issues, I did not know that it would have turned out like this. As I told EXO, I was burned with the Macross 7 bootleg toys (those were horrible for the price I paid for them) and when I saw these alpha and cyclone rider at the price, I said to myself “this is too good to be true” or “this guy doesn’t know the value of these toys”. Knowing my luck, it’s always too good to be true. So I only picked up one to check it out. I was like man, I’m about to throw away $50 ^^; But after reading all you guys posting, I’m kicking myself for not picking up a couple of them. When I get home, I’ll post another pic for size comparison (someone asked if it’s a 1/35, I don’t know, but it’s around the same size as the 1/55 Bandai reissues).

Edited by Gunbuster

When I get home, I’ll post another pic for size comparison (someone asked if it’s a 1/35, I don’t know, but it’s around the same size as the 1/55 Bandai reissues).

Sounds like 1/35 to me!

Exo and Boba-Patt! I'm down for 1 of each! ... Blah... :ph34r::o:huh:

I do not think its a bootlegg at all. Everythinbg looks legit. The seller probably did not know the mkt value of the item he was selling and the meber was there at the right time.

Secondly, why would some one or a company make a bootlegg with a such exceptional quality (Based on the photo). If he or she had that much of a talent to make Gakken alpha boot, that person would more than likely use that talent on some other collectables that are far more profitable, before making boot or Gakken alphas or cyclone.

The last possibility is that it could have been the one and only AARAFAT, the one and only MW member (I should say former member) that has tree that grows macross and robotech items, espicially Bandai GBP armors, in his back yard.

He might just have visited the PMX to share his wealth with other collectors. (Gosh, I wish I had some time to put some fear into that iditos soul).

Edited by CID

That's the whole mystery of the thing though. Whoever sold the Alpha must not have known the value, but these are dealers we're talking about. You don't bring anything to the floor without checking the value, unless it's some dote the booth owner left while he took a crap. Aside all that, the last possibility is that it's a boot. Highly unlikely, but within the realm... :unsure:

I believe these are considered the bootlegs of the mospeada stuff. I remember these boxes back in the day when these were 15 bucks a pop. I should've picked them up. Oh wellz. So if these are the same stock, the seller either found a box of these hidden at his warehouse, or they are actually being reissued. I hope it's being reissued. That would mean these will be plentiful in the toy district! :p:D:lol:

And like EXO said, don't PM me until we have confirmation, PM EXO when we do. :p:D:lol:

Yeah, the box on this looks exactly like the ones I saw as a kid in the mid-80's at our local flea market. I wouldn't be surprised if it's from some hidden stash this seller forgot about and just found. He seems pretty uninformed about the demand for these. Oh well ... his loss.

Here's the pic for size comparison. There's some kind of filter that got turn on when I took the pic (not used to the camera yet). And about the dealer, he main deal with asian live action films. His booth consist of 80% DVDs and 15 % toys and 5% t-shirts. So I don't think he really knows, but then again, it has to be boot leg, I'm going to try and meet up with EXO and let him to check it out to see if it is.

post-26-1086338318_thumb.jpg

Probably the owner of the Alphas tagged em at 500 bux each. Then the dumb kid he hired as a stall attendant thought to himself "Half a grand for this made in Hongapore plastic crap? The boss must have tagged em wrong!" So he knocks off a zero.

Wonder if he has been hung up by his gizzards yet?

I still can't believe it! The pics really really look like a mint C-10 (heck C-11) condition original Gakken 1/35 Legioss!!!! WTF! FIFTY BUCKS?!!?!? WTF!!!?!?!

so for those of us who're interested, do we wait for confirmation of stock, authenticity and price?

sigh. I don't know about this. I've been getting a bunch of PM's already so I guess hold off on sending the money. Me and EXO have to find out if they even have it and if so, we gotta get ourselves one first. So we'll let you guys know. B))

Jesus, knock-off or not, if it looks like that, it's well worth $50

I've been paying $50-60 for yellowed, decapitated ones for a while now, trying to piece some together...

I'm also interested!!!!

Especially if they have all three colors.

I wonder why we haven't seen these on ebay if someone is making them?

Gah, prolly only had a couple...

Good lord... this is like throwing a bucketful of crack down in any alley in New York and watching the junkies scramble.

All that being said, I want an Alpha and a Cyclone... EXO, do it for Fantasy Island's sake. :p

I have Paypal ready to go... you guys might want to rent a UHaul or something.