Yamato Koenig Monster News

Renato

Oh my god, that Lego '51 is pretty cool. The colors stink, but getting it to transform.. wow.

Anyway, I like that 1/60 custom at the bottom of the seventh picture... wish they'd release it...

Look at the holes at the end of the barrels and the holes on the arms. The photoshopped one looks like it has eliptical guns and ammo. 

Yeah, I noticed that too. Maybe I stretched too much, but I still think they distorted the image a bit. As for the legs I sincerely hope they bend much more. Part of the problem is that the angle of the ankle section is steeper than the original line art, but then again, you can do things on paper that you can't do in real life.

No offence ofcourse, cos I really like that stretched 'fat' look. :p

I also hope they make an extra joint for the legs to let it turn in an 'tough' stand like the Yammie valks.

I bought that magazine last week. In fact the cover pic from the magazine is now the new MW main page pic  :D

A fairly complete coverage:

link

Graham, will we see high quality scans in the magazine section?

Me like the SDF-1!!! :o Is that the new YF-19 (in the 5th pic, in the middle right with a FAST pack and don't get excited just yet guys!) or is it something else?

Edited by Angel's Fury

Anyway, I like that 1/60 custom at the bottom of the seventh picture... wish they'd release it...

I don't think that's a 1/60 custom. It has the tow hook and a line across the front hip joint placement. It's most likely a 1:48 custom even though it's on the 1:60 page.

DSCN4430.JPG

Edited by >EXO<

Any idea what scale the Monster will be in??

Also, in the scan that CF-18 helpfully provided, there's an interesting Yamato 1/60 VF-1A (I think it's a -1A). It's on the 1/60 page at the bottom under the VT-1 Super Ostrich. Any idea as to what that is??? It looks like a VF-1A painted up in a 1980's era US Navy scheme. Looks really interesting.

I don't think that's a 1/60 custom. It has the tow hook and a line across the front hip joint placement. It's most likely a 1:48 custom even though it's on the 1:60 page.

EXO, can you let me know what is the name of that magazine you have it posted on this thread?

EXO, help me out here by posting the fifth pic. PLEASE!!!! So that my this question "Is that the new YF-19 (in the 5th pic, in the middle right with a FAST pack and don't get excited just yet guys!) or is it something else?" will be answered.

EXO, help me out here by posting the fifth pic. PLEASE!!!! So that my this question "Is that the new YF-19 (in the 5th pic, in the middle right with a FAST pack and don't get excited just yet guys!) or is it something else?" will be answered.

i'll help u out man ;)

i think this is a model kit though...looks too nice to be a toy

DSCN4428.JPG

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

Is that the new YF-19 (in the 5th pic, in the middle right with a FAST pack and don't get excited just yet guys!) or is it something else?

No, not Yamato. That's the old Studio Half Eye 1/100 scale YF-19 perfect-variable resin garage kit.

Graham

Is that the new YF-19 (in the 5th pic, in the middle right with a FAST pack and don't get excited just yet guys!) or is it something else?

No, not Yamato. That's the old Studio Half Eye 1/100 scale YF-19 perfect-variable resin garage kit.

Graham

Thanks Graham & Haro!!! Still hopin'! <_<

Yea, thanks, EXO. I didn't even see the tow hook.

Yea, thanks, EXO. I didn't even see the tow hook.

Hey, for those who have the magazine, check out the last page of the feature. That custom 1/48 in the pic is actually up for grabs.

I can't remember what you have to do (I don't have the mag with me right now), I think you have to write a load of crap about Valkyrie toys or something and then you send that in for a one in a trillion chance of winning the valk..

Actually there are other prizes too, including a Kawamori-autographed 1/48 FAST pack set, a bunch of CMs and other PVC figures, and a whole load of other stuff I can't remember. You have to choose, apparently. What's really strange is that the "choice" of prize which includes the custom valk ALSO includes the signed FAST pack set and a bunch of other crap, while the other choices are lame stuff.

Obviously EVERYONE who enters the competition is gonna go for the main prize option.

Graham

seriously,

seeing that pic really makes me question why it was (and is) so hard for yamato to release a yf 19fp... they could have easily modified the current sculpt, (fix the legs a bit and make it leaner, etc) and slap some fast packs and you would have had many grateful fans buying it in no time. Instead, they leave people guessing on whether or not it's cancelled or not. What's SO difficult? they already had the fast pack versions of the 21 and 11B going (which were all old sculpts with FPs anyway) why not just complete the series and bring some closure to it?

personally I've long since given up any expectations for it... but that picture kinda made my closet-ed feelings surface a bit.

Graham

seriously,

seeing that pic really makes me question why it was (and is) so hard for yamato to release a yf 19fp... they could have easily modified the current sculpt, (fix the legs a bit and make it leaner, etc) and slap some fast packs and you would have had many grateful fans buying it in no time. Instead, they leave people guessing on whether or not it's cancelled or not. What's SO difficult? they already had the fast pack versions of the 21 and 11B going (which were all old sculpts with FPs anyway) why not just complete the series and bring some closure to it?

personally I've long since given up any expectations for it... but that picture kinda made my closet-ed feelings surface a bit.

You're not the only one who's somewhat feeling disappointed. :(

Graham

seriously,

Basically, Kits are made out of resin, resin isn't suitable for toys, plastic can't be formed as thin as resin can be. Also plastic requires different engineering and fixing techniques.

That might not be totally acurate but it's more or less sound.

Fort Max

• 1 month later...

i'll help u out man ;)

i think this is a model kit though...looks too nice to be a toy

DSCN4428.JPG

can anyone tell me what is that green valk beside the YF-21 on the right hand side?

Right next to the YF-21 battroid is the VA-3 Invader.

Basically, Kits are made out of resin, resin isn't suitable for toys, plastic can't be formed as thin as resin can be. Also plastic requires different engineering and fixing techniques.

That might not be totally acurate but it's more or less sound.

Fort Max

All those parts too thin to be made of plastic.... die cast! They charging over $100 for these toys anyway. Use forged magnesium alloy if they have too!!!

ok thanks anubis,

where's is from? series, i think it's really coool  a model kit perhaps?

It's the Studio Halfeye 1/100 model. Awesome looking, like every other valk they manufactured. Someone was looking for one here a while back I think, and had a really tough time.

Edited by Anubis

ok thanks anubis,

where's is from? series, i think it's really coool  a model kit perhaps?

It's the Studio Halfeye 1/100 model. Awesome looking, like every other valk they manufactured. Someone was looking for one here a while back I think, and had a really tough time.

That's the Pheyos Valkyrie on the other side, right?

Is that also a SHE kit?