Macross 7 Dynamite

jwinges

Well, the Zolan patrol uses VF-5000 Star Mirages and Basara uses a VT-1C and later a VF-19P that magically turns into his VF-19Kai after taking a nuke blast. The poachers use VBA-6s I think. :unsure:

The VF-19P turning red isn't a magical thing. When the poachers nuke the main space whale, it splatters blood all over the VF-19P in battroid mode, which is why parts of it are still colored white in fighter mode.

Anybody notice the abundance of oddball valks in Macross 7 dynamite. ..

Yeah, well they match the oddball story and the oddball characters.

Anybody notice the abundance of oddball valks in Macross 7 dynamite. ..

Yeah, well they match the oddball story and the oddball characters.

C'mon, A1... even you have to admit that blood-drenched valks are cool.

Particularly when it involves using a nuke on whale in space. That's just awesome. ;)

Edited by Blaine23

Well, the Zolan patrol uses VF-5000 Star Mirages and Basara uses a VT-1C and later a VF-19P that magically turns into his VF-19Kai after taking a nuke blast.  The poachers use VBA-6s I think. :unsure:

The VF-19P turning red isn't a magical thing. When the poachers nuke the main space whale, it splatters blood all over the VF-19P in battroid mode, which is why parts of it are still colored white in fighter mode.

It's friggin magic man! Blood, okay, but when the hand moves up to the "face" and then it drops away, you see green "eyes" similar to the VF-19Kai. :rolleyes:

Well, the Zolan patrol uses VF-5000 Star Mirages and Basara uses a VT-1C and later a VF-19P that magically turns into his VF-19Kai after taking a nuke blast.  The poachers use VBA-6s I think. :unsure:

It's friggin magic man! Blood, okay, but when the hand moves up to the "face" and then it drops away, you see green "eyes" similar to the VF-19Kai. :rolleyes:

You can see the VF-19 whiping part of the blood from the visor with it finger leaving two parts "eyes" clear

You can see the VF-19 whiping part of the blood from the visor with it finger leaving two parts "eyes" clear

I gotta watch that part again then.... :blink:

I'd still like to know where Basara thought he was going without a fold booster at the end.

Same thing with Gamlin and Mylene.

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/dynamite7/index.htm

Never heard of a VBA-6, but this lists all the valks I know about from Dynamite.

He probably means VAB-6. <_<

Anybody know if these valks are classified anywhere?

http://www.anime.net/macross/mecha/index.html

Actually, the poachers are using illegally re-armed versions of the VA-3C Invader. There is no VAB-6 or VBA-6 in the continuity (yet). There is only the VB-6 König ("King") Monster.

I think they just keep going into deep space, no worm hole or magic fold

I hope they have some MRE's on board. :lol:

Edited by Anubis

I'd still like to know where Basara thought he was going without a fold booster at the end.

Same thing with Gamlin and Mylene.

Does it really matter? Not part of the story. <_<

We know Basara has a propensity to go off and wander. And we never actually see Gamlin or Mylene leave. For all we know, they could have called back to request a couple of boosters.

Yep, after splattered with blood, Basara wipes the visor.

I like the Zolan Patrol VF-5000 Star Mirage.

vf5000g_fighterfast.jpg

vf5000g_battloidfast.jpg

It's friggin magic man!  Blood, okay, but when the hand moves up to the "face" and then it drops away, you see green "eyes" similar to the VF-19Kai. :rolleyes:

Actually, he's removing the clear protective visor which covers the eyes. It being covered in whale blood and all.

Wiping wouldn't work. VF-19 fingers aren't equipped with a squeegee function :p

Nope, doesn't appear to be removing anything, he is indeed rubbing out eye holes. Considering the hands are built for manipulation, it stands to reason they'd have some grip to them.

Actually, he's removing the clear protective visor which covers the eyes.  It being covered in whale blood and all.

Wiping wouldn't work.  VF-19 fingers aren't equipped with a squeegee function :p

It's not the easiest thing to see since it happens quickly but Keith is right.

He clears two gaps on the visor that in combination with the other splatter left on there makes it coincidently look like the face of his old VF-19.

the VF-1 is officially classified as the VF-1 "Valkyrie", later VFs use the term "valkyrie" to loosely apply to any number of variable fighter aircraft that change from a fighter mode to a battroid mode by way of a gerwalk mode. Standard VF-1s can be seen in the openings of each episode of Dynamite 7

I'm probably the only person on this board that thought the VT-1C that Basara used was cool. I don't know why, but it appealed to me. Admittedly, I would probably arrange for some more traditional fast-packs. still it just looks cool to me.

post-2-1084503479_thumb.jpg

The VF-19P is based on the VF-19 Custom. The Patrol version of the Excalibur appears to have a clear dome visor and possibly a second sensor assembly infront of the main optical sensor unit. The "face" is too well defined, with curves and edges that look much different than what can be seen through the out clear dome-shaped visor which Basara appears to slide up.

I'm probably the only person on this board that thought the VT-1C that Basara used was cool. I don't know why, but it appealed to me. Admittedly, I would probably arrange for some more traditional fast-packs. still it just looks cool to me.

I didn't think it was cool, just nice, i guess the diference on the design is because it is more modern than the original Ostrich, also notice that its fast packs worked in planets atmosphere and allowed the VT-1C to go into space.

I think people here will say the VT-1C sucked just cause it was in Dynamite and Basara used it...

Looks kind of interesting actually, with the more elint-type head on that VT-1C frame.

The VF-19P is based on the VF-19 Custom. The Patrol version of the Excalibur appears to have a clear dome visor and possibly a second sensor assembly infront of the main optical sensor unit. The "face" is too well defined, with curves and edges that look much different than what can be seen through the out clear dome-shaped visor which Basara appears to slide up.

d7-03b.jpg

d7-04b.jpg

d7-05b.jpg

Like I said, hard to tell. But it really looks a lot more like blood stuck on the outside of the visor is what's giving it the facelike appearance.

They probably just changed the face on purpose in that "eye-wipe" part to make it look like a new Fire valk in that moment.

Richter, I could be mistaken, but I think all of the VF-1X plus series was transatmospheric WITHOUT fastpacks (the VT-1C would be included in this series)... but I could be wrong.

As far as the VF-19P is concerned... I think that image is supposed to be kind of an "implied meaning" thing...(as silly as it sounds), kind of a way for the animators to show everyone that Basara was using the VF-19P in the same fashion as the old Fire Valkyrie, and it's spirit kind of carried over. Where that particular aircraft might've been different, the power of FIRE and BOMBER still reside within...

so yes, you are SUPPOSED to see the VF-19Kai in that picture... for a reason that's really difficult to explain :blink: (at least, that's MY take on it)

The VF-1X maybe able to reach escape velocity, I'm not to sure about that either, but I'm pretty sure the VT-1C in Dynamite wouldn't have been upgraded. I'm thinking only VF-1's that were still being used by the UN forces would be upgraded to VF-1X's.

Richter, I could be mistaken, but I think all of the VF-1X plus series was transatmospheric WITHOUT fastpacks (the VT-1C would be included in this series)... but I could be wrong.

We haven't seen the VF-1X+ without boosters reach satellite orbit. But, judging by the specs, the VF-1X+ was updated to the engine performance of a VF-5000 and/or VF-11(A/B/C/D note: not D-Custom, i.e Jamming Birds Custom). The only VFs we have seen reach satellite orbit without booster assistance have been the later model VFs (11MAXL and Custom, 14, 17, 19, 22). The FAST packs on the VT-1C in MD7 appear less intrusive than the original VT-1 FAST packs (boosters are smaller and not attached to the backpack, leg packs are smaller in width allowing a "straight" leg as opposed to a "bent" leg of earlier VF/VT-1 FAST packs).