Possible?

wolfx

What do you guys think of putting an LED in a 1/48 head? I figure they won't have the "glowing head effect" that the toynamis have.....so the problem is.....

1.) Where to put the LED. There definately has to be some drilling involved. Shouldn't be too hard since the visor area is hollow so just gotta drill a hole big enough to slip an LED in.

2.) What batttery to use and where to put it and where/how to put a switch.

What do you guys think of putting an LED in a 1/48 head? I figure they won't have the "glowing head effect" that the toynamis have.....so the problem is.....

1.) Where to put the LED. There definately has to be some drilling involved. Shouldn't be too hard since the visor area is hollow so just gotta drill a hole big enough to slip an LED in.

2.) What batttery to use and where to put it and where/how to put a switch.

OOOOpps,

Why do I smell trouble ahead with this post ?

You can buy a MG Gundam monoeye led set for that. Check HLJ.

Of buy a MPC better. Why to have a light up head? I never saw any glowing VAlkyries heads in the Macross animation.

What about the wing tips? that could be much better.

Why on God's Earth would you want to do that. Frist off the VF-1's never had light up heads.

Second this isn't Robotech... <_<

Please please don't ruin a perfectly good 1/48....

Rob MN

i agree with you mr. monkey except if he got a resin head and built it right, the 1/48 wouldnt be ruined, just the resin head

Personally I wouldn't bother doing that to mine, but I think it's a little silly to get up in arms over someone wanting to do a mod to their own figure. If WolfX wants to modify his own personal property, why should anyone else care?

Who cares if Toynami did it? It was a little silly, but it certainly wasn't inherently evil...

and let's be honest, the MPC had a heck of a lot more wrong with it than a light up head idea that didn't work as well as they wanted. Take off the light-up head? The MPC still sucks. Put a light up head on a 1/48? It still rocks.

Anyway... He's modding his own figure. Nobody else's.

aaaaAGhhhh....i've been flamed!! :ph34r:

*runs around in flames*

I wasn't REALLY serious about it.....but maybe just as a gimmick I guess. *shrug*

I always thought light-up eyes were cool in Gundams and Zakus....(and EVAs)

Sebastian: thanks for the suggestion and link. Hmmm...I want light up wings and landing lights as much as the next person, but I can't begin to think where to put the wires and LEDs...

But I guess I won't got for it after all....at least not for now. ;)

*runs around in flames*

I wasn't REALLY serious about it.....but maybe just as a gimmick I guess. *shrug*

Sebastian: thanks for the suggestion and link. Hmmm...I want light up wings and landing lights as much as the next person, but I can't begin to think where to put the wires and LEDs...

Why are people so goddamn timmid! If thats what you want to do then do it, why let some 70% negative groupe of people that get highly upset if you put a 001 sticker in the wrong place, or do a custom thats...OH MY GOD :o ... not in the movie!!! :o talk you out of what you want to do!? How can your mind be changed so eaisly? Its YOUR toy so put that light in that summbitch."Its not Robotech, its not Toynami, its not a MPC, its 1/48 perfection :rolleyes: "

one of the members on the old board did the light up wings on his 1/55 using those leds you have in cell phones and metalic paint.

while I dont like the light up visor and wished for someone to make the shoulder lamps light up. its your toy and no matter what we say we have no right to tell you what to do.

*runs around in flames*

That's a way better idea, light up the wings and landing lights instead of the head. I haven't seen many people's eyes glow with light, it would look funny if a Valkrie's did.

I've seen a pictures somewhere before where somebody customized a Valk with lit up wing and landing lights. Sounds like a lot of work though....

If you do it, make sure you post pictures!

please don't

you don't know how much you'd be screwing up your valk

you'd drop the price from $140 to.....

well you couldn't give me all the gold in Fort Knox

Please dont

MPCs SUCK

J.J.

Personally I wouldn't bother doing that to mine, but I think it's a little silly to get up in arms over someone wanting to do a mod to their own figure. If WolfX wants to modify his own personal property, why should anyone else care?

Who cares if Toynami did it? It was a little silly, but it certainly wasn't inherently evil...

and let's be honest, the MPC had a heck of a lot more wrong with it than a light up head idea that didn't work as well as they wanted. Take off the light-up head? The MPC still sucks. Put a light up head on a 1/48? It still rocks.

Anyway... He's modding his own figure. Nobody else's.

you are smoking some serious pot man! gimme some!

J.J.

Personally, I'd like to see this. If you've got the money to burn and you don't mind possibly harming your valk. . . go for it!

Sadly, this thread was supposed to be about how to go about it. . . and has turned into an MPC bashing thread.

Yes, the MPC sucked (I had one). But putting a lighted visor on a 1/48 does not make it an MPC.

H

Edited by Hurin

Honestly, I don't think its needed. If you look at the pics in this forum, the visor are very reflective and always appear like they are lit up. So does the little red sensor in the front of the gun... The effect is more pleasing than the MPC, something that is suppose to light up.

Whats wrong with you guys. Man you can't just help the guy with what he is asking, but instead you put him down for doing something that he wants. I see nothing wrong with the light up head. so lets see how we can help not hinder.

n00b,

This is a sore subject with many around here.

Robotech did this to their rip-off bootleg toy line, and we all thought it was retarted... It didn't happen in the anime so why would anyone want a toy to do it?

I guess we could award artistic liscence if it were an original idea, but it isn't. I guess we will beat up on WolfX for a while, but he knew what he was getting into when he posted this and I think he posted this for more of a laugh than anything.

Your politeness is appreciated though. Most of the time we are really nice around here, especially me... I'm the nicesest guy.

Anyway...  He's modding his own figure. Nobody else's.

J.J.

Hes smoking because he has an opinion not the same as yours? Funny <_< Your views suck more than you say MPSs suck.

heh, Agent One called someone a n00b. :lol:

We just tend to get up on the wrong side of the couch... bed... dog-house, whatever.

Wouldn't it be cooler to put a tiny light in the head laser? Or maybe set up a laser pointer in it somehow? That would be really bad-ass, and much better than a glowy eye-piece! :lol:

Wouldn't it be cooler to put a tiny light in the head laser? Or maybe set up a laser pointer in it somehow? That would be really bad-ass, and much better than a glowy eye-piece! :lol:

thats actually not bad idea....kind of like a laser sight. you look, you shoot, you hit the target. i don't see the big deal of making a custom valk that isn't canon?

i think i'm gonna try to make one in a gunpod....that would be too friggin B)) even a shoulder mounted laser sight would be kind of neat.

now if someone were to make a side mounted chain gun for a valk :o that would totally be the freshest crap out!

now if someone were to make a side mounted chain gun for a valk :o that would totally be the freshest crap out!

Yeah, that wouldn't create any drag or anything... It would be so sleek, so eligant... :rolleyes:

now if someone were to make a side mounted chain gun for a valk :o  that would totally be the freshest crap out!

Yeah, that wouldn't create any drag or anything... It would be so sleek, so eligant... :rolleyes:

:) good stuff

now if someone were to make a side mounted chain gun for a valk :o  that would totally be the freshest crap out!

can't a brotha dream? :unsure:

and BTW, it would only be used in battroid mode. :D that way i could have my own arnold swarznegger(sp?) version valk. ;)

can't a brotha dream? :unsure:

and BTW, it would only be used in battroid mode. :D that way i could have my own arnold swarznegger(sp?) version valk. ;)

Well, its a nobel effort because everything should somehow be a tribute to Schwarzenegger, but I think that is what the destroids are for... Burte force, big guns.

the only problem is....no destroids. :(

how tall is a 1/48 in battroid mode? i'm thinking i could get one of those 12" action figures and use some of the accessories for a custom valk....Schwarzenegger steez! :lol: if i can find a mini-leather jacket like he wore in terminator, that would really make the valk official! :D finding the sunglasses might be tough though......hehehe.

i think they make 12" kiss dolls too. maybe a gene simmons valk would be cool too? :p KISS ROCKS!

Nah. I'm more into Guiness and Harp's. Haven't even had those for a while. <sigh>

Anyway.

Look, I'm not saying I'd modify my 1/48 into that... I'm just saying, why jump all over somebody if they did want to?

OK yeah, Robotech sucks, yeah heard that before (I gotta admit that I don't care much for it now, but I do still hold a soft spot for it for introducing me to anime in the first place)... Yeah, the MPC sucks, I happen to agree here, but my hatred of the MPC does not extend to those who like it, and even if it did why should I care what somebody wants to do to their own property?

And besides as I said in my original post, the light up visor was kind of silly, but let's face it there is a *lot* more wrong with the MPC than the light up visor.

Can you honestly say that if Toynami didn't put the light up visor on the MPC that it all of a sudden would be a great figure?

Even if there was one on the 1/48, the 1/48 would still rule. Can you honestly say that if the 1/48 was exactly the same toy but with a tiny little light in the head (that you don't even need to turn on) it would all of a sudden suck?

Anyway... it appears Wolf was kidding... All well and good, but the point remains.

Lighten up guys, aren't we all here to have fun?

Back 10 hours later to see the status of this thread and I told ya right from the start.

This topic is doomed...

:D

agreed about that. doing something remotely resembles the gimmicks of robotech gets bashed here. Just don't make a hollowed book case to put your 1/48 in. half of MW would weep in disgust.

well...i assume MPC is Master Piece Collection? with the light up heads? i just got the Ben Dixon one and it is my first real valk and like it. not my fault there are some grouchy ass robotech haters.

you idea sounds neat....even tho the eyepiece didnt actually light up, i think it looks neat. you could try for a compact battery setup in the fusalage in the cockpit or nose like the masterpieces. i was thinking about the wings too, and the shoulder lamps...... what if you very carefully filed out a trench for the wires, and and ran them throught the whole [piece, with the wires in the body? you could use uber small LEDs or model railroad grain of whet bulbs...which are about eh size of a rice grain...you would have to wing it a bit on the light size tho. its a cool idea, adn a shame that when youi asked for help, you got burned by a bunch of primadonnas with a bug up there asses

... a shame that when youi asked for help, you got burned by a bunch of primadonnas with a bug up there asses

n00b,

We aren't primadonnas, we are just superior in our taste, and superior in our logic.

LOL! I wasn't joking per se.

I was honestly just wondering if anybody did the LED mod before and how did they go about it. But I don't think my customusation skills would be up to par to do it anyway.

But like i said, i personally kinda find light up eyes cool in EVA and Gundam. Kinda makes them look bad-ass. Screw the MPCs for being bad and getting under everyone's skin. And now light up visors = mpc = suck. I bet that if the MPC never existed and the 1/48 had a light up visor, none of you would be complaining. <_<

Anyway, that link to the dude who was doing the LED light in the Q-rau is excellent. Shall be watching his progress.