Favorite obscure/under-rated toyline

Mega Force!

tiny diecast tanks, planes, choppers & convertible giant vehicles w/ spring-loaded gimmicks

CrossboltLoose1.jpg

TriaxBattleTanksLoose.jpg

these were great for waging war on the dining table :lol:

wish i had a small country's worth of these things.

I remember those! They rocked...I only had a couple of them, but I loved em. I used to use them as micromaster bases.

Silverhawks were at least better than Thundercats though... at least the theme song was better. And didn't they use guitars to pilot their...er...bird airplane..things?

Pete

I dunno...the "partly metal, partly real" line in the Silverhawks theme song confused me as a kid.

The fact that everybody in the show "fell" "down" in space confused me, also.

As for underrated toy lines, I remember when I was VERY young, I had these three toys (and I think that's all they ever made) that were vehicles, but looked like insects. The two good guys looked like a dragonfly and a scorpion, and the bad guy looked like a spider. I thought they were very cool, and I really loved them...until my grandparents' dog chewed up the scorpion.

I dunno...the "partly metal, partly real" line in the Silverhawks theme song confused me as a kid.

The fact that everybody in the show "fell" "down" in space confused me, also.

As for underrated toy lines, I remember when I was VERY young, I had these three toys (and I think that's all they ever made) that were vehicles, but looked like insects. The two good guys looked like a dragonfly and a scorpion, and the bad guy looked like a spider. I thought they were very cool, and I really loved them...until my grandparents' dog chewed up the scorpion.

Sectaurs?

I don't remember Megabug gladiators...eh, looks like I didn't miss much. I was looking on there, and I also remembered Dino riders and Dinosaucers. dinosaucers was the worst cartoon ever, next to Captain Planet and I even thought that back then. Oh god...Captain Planet. Someone shoot Ted Turner for that one...

Sky Commanders were awesome. I had strings running all over my bedroom for weeks!

GI Joe was pretty obscure in AUstralia

Silverhawks were awesome

Marshall Bravestar was an awesome toy.

Recently:

Saint Seiya Myth Cloth - I have only met 1 person who has even heard of them in person. Sure online they're more well known, but they're unique to me!

GI Joe Sigma 6 - Never released in AUstralia, so all mine were imported. In fatc i wasnt going to get the line until a dude I knew on thefwoosh.com kept telling me how good they were, and eventually bought me a set of the first figures and sent them to me, syaing 'You'll pay me back when you have them"

He was right!

• 2 years later...

Putting my Sectaurs up for auction - after about a million years in storage (http://www.ebay.com/...9#ht_1368wt_883)

Googling to find pricing info I discovered there was a TV show! Wish I had not found this - what garbage!

Is that Optimus Prime doing Mantor's voice?!? Toys were awesome though!

This makes BraveStarr look good...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bTNjP2fJ9E&feature=related

post-8486-0-62883600-1342200570_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-08960000-1342200647_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-94188300-1342200916_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-82496300-1342200942_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-31937400-1342200728_thumb.jpg

Mega Force!

tiny diecast tanks, planes, choppers & convertible giant vehicles w/ spring-loaded gimmicks

these were great for waging war on the dining table laugh.gif

wish i had a small country's worth of these things.

I remember this one as well. I had the giant blue plane with the little fighter plane attached on top.