Toynami sending out C&D Letters to Yamato Dealers

soze

But they're not backing up their claims. They didn't last time they did this, they skirted the issue.

There was already a court statement that all they had was SDF-Macross, I thought we've been through this already...

we're all the biggest nitpickers here, plain and simple. if we were a bunch of children, we wouldn't even notice half the QC issues with yamato OR toynami. but the fact remains that we are mostly adults here who want the most for our money. so that being said...

toynami has yet to release a single veritech that would justify the $80 price tag.

yamato has released several valks that would justify the $130+ price tag.

the disliking of MPC's has nothing to do with HG or BW or really anything other than the quality and level of craftsmenship just isn't there.

its like me walking into a Kia dealership and asking the sales guy why he drives a BMW. the answers real simple....they make a better car.

yamato makes a better valk in comparison to toynami, therefore i'd rather have a yamato than a MPC. not because the MPC sucks but it just isn't better than a yamato. just like a Kia will never be better than a BMW.

But they're not backing up their claims. They didn't last time they did this, they skirted the issue.

There was already a court statement that all they had was SDF-Macross, I thought we've been through this already...

what i am talking about is, i think Toynami PURCHASED THE RIGHTS FROM BIG WEST to create macross (JUST MACROSS AND NOT ROBOTECH) toys

thats why there new line up is MACROSS (ONLY MACROSS)

:D

hence the toynami site with the macross logo....

they also resently purchased the rights to Chobits, Inu Yasha, and Voltron

Edited by jasonkimberson

what i am talking about is, i think Toynami PURCHASED THE RIGHTS FROM BIG WEST to create macross (JUST MACROSS AND NOT ROBOTECH) toys

That's nice what you think, but I'm gonna wait and see what the HG Information Minister has to tell us.

"ALL MACROSS IS BELONG TO HG! Trust me, would Arafat or I lie? We bought out Big West and Microsoft, then we shall buy the United States and turn it into the United Conglomorate of Utah! Reba West has already been hired as the symbol for this new country, and will sing the national anthem. Toynami is a good company and I'm not full of crap! MPCs are high quality toys! I want to believe in HG!" :rolleyes::lol:

image grabbed from Howstrange.com, those funny people!

Honestly though, it's not like HG really needs to do another stupid thing like this to get the crowds to sharpen their rusty pitchforks and get them torches going, they've done enough to be asshats.

The subject of HG getting the rights to all Macross has been debated to death (nod to beaten horse). Let's wait and see what hits the fan! <_< Hopefully it will be HG hitting the fan after screwing something up bigtime... :)

post-4-1083709438_thumb.jpg

Yeah, could be but it's still just speculation.

One of the other pretense is HG claims to own Macross outside of Japan, everything Macross and everywhere outside of Japan. And by putting that on their site is just an attempt to reassert their claim without any solid proof.

It doesn't really make sense to slap someone with a cease and desist until everything becomes recordable facts, unless that another tactic to show that they have strong interest in the Macross franchise. But why wouldn't they? It's their cash cow.

It must be nice to just sit and wait while others do the the work and then konk them on the head on their way home, especially during payday.

Toynami having the logo is nothing new really. They used it to sell the Macross labeled super posables. On the box and on their old website.

Maybe a deal has been reached and the 1/48s are coming stateside with Harmony Gold logos on the boxes :blink:

Edited by dejr8bud

No.. DYRL MPC's...

http://toynami.com/macross.html

Still looks crappy, and their buissness practices don't make them the loved underdog...

Sorry newbie 2 cents.. ignore..

What if HG and Toynami purchased the rights to macross (macross not robotech) for the USA (and or world market) and plan to release Macross toys? The c&d's then could be backed and would make sense(following there crappy business practises).

I have seen the dealer list, and stated for release are MACROSS DYRL Super Possiables (june or july release date, i have to go home and check on the exact date)

It doesn't matter. There's nothing illegal about importing something and reselling it. As long as they aren't being distributed in the US, there's nothing HG can legally do about individual sellers. All a C&D can do is scare people who are ignorant of the law and their rights.

if HG *DID* in fact make a deal with BW, it would be all over the boards now, surely. Stuff like that couldn't be kept away from the fans for very long. They would've wasted no time in delivering the "good/bad news"

Hey guys I dont meen to come off so serious because its not that big of a deal. I collect toys I really dont play with them so mabye Im not as hard on my MPC to know. Macross/Robotech, I like them both and we ALL can buy them whereever we want so I dont see the big deal in HG protecting their business like any other company would do. Sorry for making a big deal but I just tont understand why you guys get so upset. You guys forget that there are thousands of ROBOTECH fans and they deserve to buy non imports if they want. People over at RT.com know about Yamato and they still prefer HG MPC, everybody has a choice and not everybody into RT/MC has to like the Yamatos.

You guys forget that there are thousands of ROBOTECH fans and they deserve to buy non imports if they want. People over at RT.com know about Yamato and they still prefer HG MPC

Yeah, but they're. . . bah, I'll let Agent ONE do the honors here.

HEH. APU thats because RT.com will ban your ass if you mention a toy other than a toynami toy. How can you say for sure they like the MPC better? YOu just admitted that you don't play with your toys so obviously you don't know as much about the problems we have. I for one play with all my stuff. I know the ins and outs and the weaknesses.

And we never said everyone HAD to like yamato. Dude that whole diss "toynami bandwagon with HG" died out here like 2 years ago. Like i said some people like the MPC, some hate it for legitimate reasons, and some like the 1/48 wait a lot like the 1/48 better.

Some of those members at RT.com are not well informed about the 1/48. After all with some of their administrative people dissing this site, they probably feel that this site is bad and should be avoided and the yamatos are the devil or something. I remember a while back when a bunch of members got banned for just mentioning how one other companies product happened to be miles btter than a toynami product.

anyhoo. I think we won't know for sure what the hell is going on till exo visits that one dude at frank and sons or we get some other form of confirmation somehow else.

Please understand I am not calling the MW member who brought this to our attention a liar.  However, it is possible he was given faulty information.

Like I said back on Page 4 of this Thread,

I in no way claimed it as fact, I was just quoting what the Proprietor of Little Anime Shop told me First Hand. If there was any "Faulty" info, it came from him.

I posted an inquiry in a less popular thread in the "Where to Buy Section"

Frank & Sons Thread because I wanted to know if any of the F&S regulars had talked to the dude since I heard that tidbit from him. His booth was closed over this past weekend which prompted me to inquire. Check that other thread, another MW member was there and overheard my conversation with him.

If you are really concerned email him at alex@littleanimeshop.com

Oh yeah, now I remember. He's the guy that tried to sell me the reissued HCMs as "original issues from the 80s" when the boxes were clearly labeled with content materials formatted in compliance with current Bandai packages.

i am pretty sure they have the rights to MACROSS and not just MACROSS SAGA as they did in ROBOTECH

on the Toynami Order List

MACROSS Super Poseable Action Figures Asst 1

NOT MACROSS SAGA MASTERPIECE COLLECTION

or Any other Robotech Macross SAGA creation they made.

This would explain the new current C&D's. It seems like they bought the rights and that also explains why they have created a MACROSS Webpage with the MACROSS Logo in Japanese.

There's a lot of crap in here, but it's informative at times, you should check it out...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=153

Oh yeah, now I remember. He's the guy that tried to sell me the reissued HCMs as "original issues from the 80s" when the boxes were clearly labeled with content materials formatted in compliance with current Bandai packages.

Reissued HCMs? Are you talking about something other than the Macross HCMs, or are you talking about the Bandai 1/55s, or something else?

Hey guys I dont meen to come off so serious because its not that big of a deal. I collect toys I really dont play with them so mabye Im not as hard on my MPC to know. Macross/

I have to ask. I know you like MIB toys. Have you ever taken your MPCs out of the package? Your 1/48s?

Robotech, I like them both and we ALL can buy them whereever we want so I dont see the big deal in HG protecting their business like any other company would do. Sorry for making a big

Protecting their business is fine. These tactics are not (though I will note that we still have not seen confirmation that this has been happening again). HG is the one trying to control the fans and prevent them from having choices. Not the posters on Macross World.

HG is the one whose forum mods are instructed to delete posts and lock threads that even *mention* the name of a competitor. This doesn’t happen on Macross World.

It’s funny that all of the things that you say we’re doing, are in fact done by Harmony Gold, which you’ve managed to overlook.

deal but I just tont understand why you guys get so upset. You guys forget that there are thousands of ROBOTECH fans and they deserve to buy non imports if they want. People over at RT.com know about Yamato and they still prefer HG MPC, everybody has a choice and not everybody into RT/MC has to like the Yamatos.

OK.

Speaking for myself and I assume most of the posters here: I don’t care if you like the MPC. I don’t care if Joe-Bob down the street likes the MPC. I don’t care if anyone likes the MPC and wants to buy it. It’s out there. If they buy it and like it. More power to them. None of us are trying to stop that.

That is not the issue. We’re *not* trying to prevent people who might like the MPC from buying it. But when we’re continually attacked for our opinion of the MPC, and told by certain fans of the MPC that our opinions on it are not valid for some reason or another, well that gets old.

The MPC is not popular here, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a post saying that people who like the MPC have an invalid opinion for one reason or another, like you’ve consistently done to people who don’t like it.

If anything bandai. Bandai has a lot of power and HG wouldn't stand a chance to them.

You're assuming Bandai cares about Macross in the US. They seem to barely care about it in Japan(which is probably a reflection of Macross's status in Japan).

bu bandai visual is the one who has rights to macross 0 i think. ewilen, the bandai gundam reissues were on hlj. I think they had lgaim as well. I barely noticed them.

anyways i have a feeling the dude at F/s was talking about getting a cease and decist letter long ago and maybe just brought it up now. I dont think tam kev or joel got one otherwise they wouold have posted here right away.

If anything bandai.  Bandai has a lot of power and HG wouldn't stand a chance to them.

You're assuming Bandai cares about Macross in the US. They seem to barely care about it in Japan(which is probably a reflection of Macross's status in Japan).

However, they, as any business, probably cares that a potential revenue stream, however small, is being dammed and diverted to another company. And they (hopefully in Japan, but probably at least in the US) realize that if they let HG have its own way in this matter and they somewhere further down the road decide that Macross is coming back and want to make a big splash, they're SOL.

i dont thinnk we will know till exo and others goes to f/s tomorrow.

Unfortunately something came up and I won't be going today. Hopefully someone else can pass by Alex's booth.

ChowYunSkinny... I think no one here doubts what you were told and when... we're just trying to figure out how recently the the C&D letter was given to Alex.

The thread about the RT comic cover in rough sketch form with the -19 on it caused a much bigger uproar than this one. <_<:rolleyes:

The award is for this month.

So sayeth the head.

bu bandai visual is the one who has rights to macross 0 i think.

so we wont be seeing robotech zero in the upcomming years? yay!! :lol:

i dont see why ppl think hg will be proteching the alphas. i dont see any other company making mospedia toys.... yet (kicks yammy with this hint).