Valkyire fighting space monster!

hevangel2

Orange Juice is a good source of vitamin C!

So is an apple...

Apple Nutrition Facts

(*One medium 2-1/2 inch apple, fresh, raw, with skin)

Calories 81

Carbohydrate 21 grams

Dietary Fiber 4 grams

Soluble Fiber

Insoluble fiber

Calcium 10 mg

Phosphorus 10 mg

Iron .25 mg

Sodium 0.00 mg

Potassium 159 mg

Vitamin C 8 mg

Vitamin A 73 IU

Folate 4 mcg

*The nutritional value of apples will vary slightly depending on the variety and size.

Source: USDA Nutrient Data Laboratory -- Apple

An apple a day will keep the doctor away.

Agent ONE, you may work in Marketing, but you are not that good at it if you forget each country has its own culture. I'll quote an example I've heard. There was a marketing company who was trying to sell French cheese. For a French the cheese is alive; if you were to make a commercial of it in France, there would be women touching and sniffing an unwrapped cheese. Those kind of things has not worked in US. The company found out that for US cheese must be sterile, free from germs; they placed emphasis on the tearproofness and airtightness of the wrapping and the product sold.

Great post, Final Vegeta..

But that being said... once the M7 argument grows to include French cheese... what's left? :lol:;)

As for this nugget of wisdom from Wicked Ace:

I also enjoy all the "this has been done before" type arguments on here. Oh, and the "why can't we all just agree to disagree" suggestion misses the point. Sure there's divisiveness, but healthy debate in our society is good - even if it's about something like whether or not M7 is good. I have seen people get way too carried away over these type threads, and I just don't understand how internet discussions, like this, truly upset people.

For the "we did this already" bunch - who cares? If you don't want to discuss a topic, then don't. I understand posting a link to a previous discussion in order to help a newbie out, but I don't get why some people can't resist posting up a disparaging "we did this last month" type comment. Some people are new, so let them click the ADD TOPIC button, even if it is a "hey, got my first Yamato today" thread. It's not like there's so much happening in the way of new threads that it matters anyway. And, when it does become an issue, that's what moderators are for - they'll fix it.

Oh yeah, and there's tons of quality character development in M7! LOL!

*edit* This should not be taken to be a personal attack on anyone and should not be taken as an assertion on my part that I'm somehow more intelligent than the next person or that my views are worthier than the next member's.

As one of the "been there, done that" crowd - all I'm saying is that we should have a pinned thread for M7 debates. Otherwise everytime a newbie gets around to watching it, a new thread of "Guitars In Space! No, no, no!" and the same old crap gets recycled. It's almost like hearing there's a shoe sale and watching women drop what they're doing to run in the door and buy. Here come the bashers! Here come the defenders! Here come the spectators! Here come the whiners who are sick of the argument!

We all fit one (at least) of those categories... let's quit denying that it's a stain of idiocy on the boards and give it a place.

There was a time that every thread ended up a "HG feud"... same thing happens with M7. When there's a place for such things, then crap tends to get put there and it stays out of other discussions. Plus, it all gets kept in the thread, so we don't have say, "this argument has been done before, check this thread."

It's simply about not having a crappy board as much as it is about being sick of it.

And last - I have a sick desire to see if the M7 crap could ever possibly reach as many pages as the HG debate thread. ;)

Sorry if that suggestion puts a damper on what you consider fun - but it makes perfect sense to me.

:lol: This M7 topic:

Aguing over the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still a retard.

I'm going to get flamed now :ph34r: Owell........................

This is a good point, albeit a very old one that everyone has pretty much heard before.

But it is far, far more effective when you spell "arguing" correctly when calling someone else a "retard".

;)

:lol:  This M7 topic:

Aguing over the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still a retard.

I'm going to get flamed now  :ph34r:  Owell........................

This is a good point, albeit a very old one that everyone has pretty much heard before.

But it is far, far more effective when you spell "arguing" correctly when calling someone else a "retard".

;)

I had the type over function enabled when I typed that and diden't relize I had typed over it when I went to capitalize the A.

Orange Juice is a good source of vitamin C!

So is an apple...

Apple Nutrition Facts

(*One medium 2-1/2 inch apple, fresh, raw, with skin)

Calories 81

Carbohydrate 21 grams

Dietary Fiber 4 grams

Soluble Fiber

Insoluble fiber

Calcium 10 mg

Phosphorus 10 mg

Iron .25 mg

Sodium 0.00 mg

Potassium 159 mg

Vitamin C 8 mg

Vitamin A 73 IU

Folate 4 mcg

*The nutritional value of apples will vary slightly depending on the variety and size.

Source: USDA Nutrient Data Laboratory -- Apple

An apple a day will keep the doctor away.

:unsure: Garlic will keep any one away

As for this nugget of wisdom from Wicked Ace:
I also enjoy all the "this has been done before" type arguments on here.

As one of the "been there, done that" crowd - all I'm saying is that we should have a pinned thread for M7 debates.

Sorry if that suggestion puts a damper on what you consider fun - but it makes perfect sense to me.

Actually, I'm not knocking the pinned M7 thead idea. However, I think the "we did this last month" posts in general sends the message to newcomers that they can't or shouldn't participate unless they can come up with something creative or novel. When someone posts a link to a previous "last month" discussion, that can be very helpful, because is doesn't make anyone wait for replies to have a question answered. I guess my gripe is with the people who just post "we did this last month" because they are irritated that a newcomer is starting a topic they don't want to talk about; if that's the case, I'd suggest to those people not to read the thread.

If this isn't your motivation, then please take no offense at what I've posted here. For the record, I still think it's OK for a newbie to post up a "got my first Yamato today" type thread; it's the only way some people are able to participate and have any kind of discussion with other Macross fans. Again, when the forums are jammed with all the new "senseless" (I forgot who used this word) threads, the moderators will take care of it. In short, let the moderators moderate.

Again, if this doesn't apply to you, there's no need to take offense. :)

Looks like I've blessed others with another "nugget of wisdom."

Edited by Wicked Ace

You have a good attitude man.

Actually, I'm not knocking the pinned M7 thead idea.  However, I think the "we did this last month" posts in general sends the message to newcomers that they can't or shouldn't participate unless they can come up with something creative or novel.  When someone posts a link to a previous "last month" discussion, that can be very helpful, because is doesn't make anyone wait for replies to have a question answered.  I guess my gripe is with the people who just post "we did this last month" because they are irritated that a newcomer is starting a topic they don't want to talk about; if that's the case, I'd suggest to those people not to read the thread. 

If this isn't your motivation, then please take no offense at what I've posted here.  For the record, I still think it's OK for a newbie to post up a "got my first Yamato today" type thread; it's the only way some people are able to participate and have any kind of discussion with other Macross fans.  Again, when the forums are jammed with all the new "senseless" (I forgot who used this word) threads, the moderators will take care of it.  In short, let the moderators moderate.

No offense taken at all...

I agree with and I don't agree with you all at the same time.

Some things can be brought up repeatedly without much problem - "my first Yammie" is a good example.

Certain other things, the "great M7 debate", the "Let's cast Macross with real actors!", or "how come valkyries fire out of there noses in that episode?" are just kind of no fun at all for 99% of the board, even if they seem that way to the newbsters.

The mods do a good job of regulating all this, of course, but no one can fault someone for letting a new guy know (hopefully in a nice way) that the topic he's just posted is one that's probably gonna get locked. The mods have a tendency to lock it up and move on, sometimes with no explanation. Basically, the other members are just trying to be nice and let somebody know why his question was greeted with groans instead of enthusiastic response.

Don't take it as an insult if older board members let you know that we've done something already - usually they're just trying to inform - not dampen anybody's fun.

Like you said, "let the moderators moderate"... well, let the established rules of the forums be what they are, too. We try to post in the appropriate forum and we try to keep from making the mods job a nightmare... this includes posting newbie stuff in the newbie thread.

Of course we also try to keep on topic... but after all the apples and whatnot... who can remember? :lol:

Oh yeah, it was something about trying to make AgentONE dress up as Basara for Halloween. ;)

Edited to add: Oh yeah, and don't be too sensitive about the "nugget of wisdom" remark... it's just a phrase I use, probably too much. I didn't mean it to sound as though what you said was unwise or something. I just like saying nugget.

Edited by Blaine23

I don't really like other anime so mentioning all that stuff is wasted on me.  Only anime I have ever really liked was either Macross or Golgo13..  I have however worked on the marketing of various anime products, therefore am an expert.

As for the things I mentioned as to why M7 is targeted at kids, I am a marketing professional I majored in Marketing, got a masters degree in marketing, and have marketed many products for all age groups including children, and more importantly I am consistantly successfull in my marketing efforts.  It is not your place to judge what I said, it is out of your element, and beyond your understanding. 

The funniest thing about ALL who argue with me: Your arguments are just emotional and angry, there is no real substance there.  Keith makes up statistics with double negitives and other falacies of logic but his stupidity is obvious to even the casual thread participant.

Sweet merciful crap!

If the earth is ever invaded by giant aliens, rather than build a grand cannon that derives its power from the earth's gravitational field, I suggest we build a more portable and flexible weapon that would be even more powerful. . . powered by the gravity fields emanating from Agent-One's super-massive ego! :p

So massive, nothing can escape it, not even light. :ph34r:

H

P.S. Just having a little fun here. I'm totally ignorant about M7. . . but from what I've read, I think I'd hate it just about as much as Agent ONE. Will see it some day and try to keep an open mind. . .

Its not the broad-stroke story that is lame, its the show... I guess the story could have come off good if there were no fruity-buttplug sissy monsters or Elton John wannabe assmaster Basara singing like a pride parade assless chap model. THOSE things are what make M7 fit for me to piss on.

ROFLMAO!!

As one of the "been there, done that" crowd - all I'm saying is that we should have a pinned thread for M7 debates.

Hey, if the idea behind a thread like that is to keep the trolling dipshits out of Macross 7 threads that actually want to discuss the show then sure, great idea.

If it means every Macross 7 thread is going to be greeted with a "post this in the pinned thread" then no thank you very much.

Pinned threads as a whole are mostly a complete waste of time. There are probably some interesting things in that "newbie thread" but no way am I wasting my time trawling through that heap.

Edited by Panon

Dammit!!! It took me almost 45 minutes to read through this thread. Alot of people here have waaaayyy too much time on their hands...

LOL!!!

M7 would have been better with penguins!!!

(Please disregard comment as I needed to vent after this entire ordeal)

*sighs*....once again i get ignored.....

What's to respond to in your last post?

We all know Keith defends M7 and AgentONE insults it. You're somewhere in the middle, which means your rational and you have your own opinion. Congrats. Here's a cookie. Now you get stand over there in the cool kid's corner. ;)

As to the Pinned threads are generally a waste of time comment - I completely agree, but the idea is to confine the "argument" to a pinned thread and let actual discussion of the show exist. But I'm starting to think that's probably a pipe dream.

We all know Keith defends M7 and AgentONE insults it. ...

I think M7 could have been cool, as in the general story from a way back view is ok...

I did say this:

Its not the broad-stroke story that is lame, its the show... I guess the story could have come off good if there were no fruity-buttplug sissy monsters or Elton John wannabe assmaster Basara singing like a pride parade assless chap model. THOSE things are what make M7 fit for me to piss on.

Okay, I cannot believe this thread is going on, and on, and on, and on. Look guys, some of you hate Macross 7. Thats all well and nice. Some of you Love Macross 7, again that is all well and nice. But could you all please argue about it with some facts instead of just verbally ranting on, and on.

FACT: Sound does not travel in space. So Sound Force should have used some kind of transmission rather than speakers. (Hey nobody's perfect)

FACT: Peace is the main underlying message. (If your country got nuked you'd hate war too, no argument from this end ;) )

FACT: Shoji Kawamori did the artwork for the mecha, Hirohiko Mikimoto did the character designs. (As it should be B)) )

FACT: There were many reused battle scenes in various episodes. (What series doesn't reuse old footage to save money :rolleyes: )

FACT: The artwork was excellent for a TV anime series. (It has to be Studio Nue was behind it!!!)

FACT: We all like Macross. (If you don't go to some other site :p )

FACT: This arguement is a round robin which will never cease.

FACT: MACROSS 7 is canon! :p

Unfortunately for me, I am sitting on the fence on this one. I both hate and like different aspects of Macross 7. Personally I would like to discuss the aspects of the series in a mature manner (I know, I know, I'm asking alot). Especially the mecha, spacecraft, and character designs. I am interested in anybody who plays Macross 7 as an RPG offline (Palladium, Fusion, or other system).

Trust me, I am no pacifist. Basara did annoy the hell out of me for most of the series. But, I chose to ignore him and his message most of the time and focused on the other aspects of the series. I personally like the Varauta and their alien space fleet. The protodevlins were not too bad either (especially Sivil, hehehehehe).

So duke it out if you must guys, just try to be informative about the series when you do. Do not overgeneralize, get specific, make it interesting. Bitch fests are just boring. Make it a true intellectual discussion (if that's possible :huh: ).

But could you all please argue about it with some facts instead of just verbally ranting on, and on.

Obviously you haven't been here that long... :p

FACT: MACROSS 7 is canon! :p

I'd like to start a petition to send to SK, in an attempt to compel him to denounce M7's place in the Macross time line and relegate it to "it's a spoof on the old Macross" status. :)

The mods do a good job of regulating all this, of course, but no one can fault someone for letting a new guy know (hopefully in a nice way) that the topic he's just posted is one that's probably gonna get locked. The mods have a tendency to lock it up and move on, sometimes with no explanation. Basically, the other members are just trying to be nice and let somebody know why his question was greeted with groans instead of enthusiastic response.

Don't take it as an insult if older board members let you know that we've done something already - usually they're just trying to inform - not dampen anybody's fun.

I totally get where you're coming from, here. I was a little suprised by the FEW posts that seemed a bit stifling to newcomers, that's all. I can understand how members that have been here a while can get irritated at seeing the same old stuff, over and over. However, I'm suprised by any kind of disparaging remarks directed at other Macross fans; after all, Macross isn't a subject that most people can strike up a conversation about with coworkers at lunch. Stopping short of singing "We are the World" :) , I'm just opposed to stifling anyone who hits the "ADD REPLY" button who genuinely wants to participate. Most members have been really accomodating and helpful - just wanted to get on record, here! :)

FACT: Sound does not travel in space. So Sound Force should have used some kind of transmission rather than speakers. (Hey nobody's perfect)

Hence the use of Speaker Pods in space that only work once it penetrates the enemies ships. The pods seal off its entrance adn presumably t here is either air in the ship or it just uses the structure of the ship to transmit vibrational energy that we can perceive as sound. As for Spiritia, we have no idea what kind of energy it is, and as such there is no presupposition that it cannot exist in a vaccuum.

Hence the use of Speaker Pods in space that only work once it penetrates the enemies ships. The pods seal off its entrance adn presumably t here is either air in the ship or it just uses the structure of the ship to transmit vibrational energy that we can perceive as sound. As for Spiritia, we have no idea what kind of energy it is, and as such there is no presupposition that it cannot exist in a vaccuum.

I guess transmitting the sound on multiple frequencies is out of the question?

I've never seen M7, and at 50 some-odd episodes I probably won't bother... I mean, the concept of fighter jets shooting little speakers into enemy craft? I'm sorry, that just turns me off right there.

Note I'm not saying anything about the rest of the series, I haven't seen it so I can't. But like I said that concept alone turns me off from even wanting to see any of it. (and I'd like to thank Agent One for saving me the pain of seeing something like that. :))

Well, at least I now understand better why this three-colored valk' hold a red guitar between its hands in a pic found somewhere into the M7 artbook a while back... :p

Ok, then explain why the Fairy Force needed those big speaker FAST pack things? Or were they just for magic sound energy? :rolleyes:

Ok, then explain why the Fairy Force needed those big speaker FAST pack things? Or were they just for magic sound energy? :rolleyes:

Well the whole giant-subwoofers-in-the-shoulders-and-fast-packs thing would be entirely appropriate, if Basara's VF-19 had gold teeth in its mouth.

Ok, then explain why the Fairy Force needed those big speaker FAST pack things?  Or were they just for magic sound energy?  :rolleyes:

Well the whole giant-subwoofers-in-the-shoulders-and-fast-packs thing would be entirely appropriate, if Basara's VF-19 had gold teeth in its mouth.

VFs with faces... icon8.gif

How fukn' stupid.

FACT: MACROSS 7 is canon!  :p

I'd like to start a petition to send to SK, in an attempt to compel him to denounce M7's place in the Macross time line and relegate it to "it's a spoof on the old Macross" status. :)

You got my support...

In spirit you have mine too, but I have forgiven SK for the M7 poochscrew... He is doing Zero now, and THAT compares to the greatness of SDF-Macross in my opinion.

FACT: MACROSS 7 is canon!  :p

You got my support...

A loss experience involves the following five stages of emotional response: (1) denial, (2) bargaining, (3) anger, (4) despair, (5) acceptance.

Holla when you boys reach (5) acceptance. :lol: