Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

the freedom looks very nice I cannot wait for mine to come in, i really need to get to work i have yet to finish my PG GP-01 and now i have this and the 1/100 blue frame astray coming in.

**starts crying**

i actually had to cancel my preorder for the freedom since i knew i was going to be low on funds :(

after seeing those pictures i kind of wish i didn't cancel the preorder! :(

Wow, the Freedom came out Gorgeous. I'm definately buying this one, and painting it the same way I did the PG Zeta.

post-26-1090532179_thumb.jpg

Hobby Search has it's page updated with their usual pic breakdown here

post-26-1090533464_thumb.jpg

**starts crying**

i actually had to cancel my preorder for the freedom since i knew i was going to be low on funds :(

after seeing those pictures i kind of wish i didn't cancel the preorder! :(

Well then, you couldn't buy the other stuff, unless.............

Special thanks to Boaz(GML) and Redcomet(GundamWatch) for cross-linking this lovely pic/scan of the MG Hi-Zack!!

Appears they will be releasing the EFSF colors first (assuming that Titans' Green will be on the way at some point, 'cuz you know how they like to release color variants) and it also comes with a nice assortment of accessories.

post-26-1090542181_thumb.jpg

**starts crying**

after seeing those pictures i kind of wish i didn't cancel the preorder!  :(

dude...as soon as i get my check i'm already gonna be down several hundred dollars :p i barely have enough to me going...and this month is gonna be crazy since my dad's b-day is on the 1st of August....and i have to buy myself some clothes (all the clothes i have now are getting seriously warn out :( ) damn it! it sucks being me :(

i agree i was hoping for the green version, all of the line art i saw had it green so i thought that was the version coming out

i really wished bandai released the green titans version first...seeing a zaku-like MS in dark blue just doesn't seem right to me :unsure:

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?GNZCS709

there's no use to painting the kit if bandai is going to release a green version anyways <_< i'd rather just wait and do a few touch ups and panel lines <_<

That's just a test shot using whatever colored resin they had at the time, and does not necessarily reflect on what the final release's colors will be. Besides, if that was meant to be the non-Titans Federation colors version, it looks rather off - it should have been blue on deep blue instead of dark blue.

True, but the GM Quel was similar in that it was also molded in the dark blue, but should be painted to the blue on dark blue. Being my first MG kit and first Gunpla kit, I remember saying ... "This don't look like the box pictures! :huh: "

That's just a test shot using whatever colored resin they had at the time, and does not necessarily reflect on what the final release's colors will be. Besides, if that was meant to be the non-Titans Federation colors version, it looks rather off - it should have been blue on deep blue instead of dark blue.

Nope, that's not a resin test shot. I've got that magazine as well as the new September Hobby Japan which has even more pics and it's the production model. Definitely Titan colors first. Anyway, it makes sense for Bandai to release the least popular color first, thus forcing the more impatient fans to buy it first rather than waiting for tthe inevitable green version which I'm sure will be released later :lol:

Bandai's marketing department is very clever when it comes to taking money from Gundam fan's wallets.

Luckily I'm no longer a Gundam fan :p

Graham

**starts crying**

after seeing those pictures i kind of wish i didn't cancel the preorder!  :(

dude...as soon as i get my check i'm already gonna be down several hundred dollars :p i barely have enough to me going...and this month is gonna be crazy since my dad's b-day is on the 1st of August....and i have to buy myself some clothes (all the clothes i have now are getting seriously warn out :( ) damn it! it sucks being me :(

Damn!!! Oh well, there'll be a next time. <_<

just out of curiousity is Hobby Search down for everybody else ? i cannot get on there site at all, the link is posted on the previous page with the MG freedom gundam pics.

I was just thinking to myself as I was painting my low viz Zeta Plus C1, "Why the hell does a Hi-Zak have both a heathawk and beam sabers?....is it afraid of not being Gundam like?" Hmmmm, oh well.

^_^ but atleast my Zeta custom is finally coming out beautifully. I just got the damn thing early in the week and been painting the last few days, hopefully I'll show pictures of it when I get a new camera.

a rather boring but funny update for the MG Freedom kit...seems that bandai messed up one of the decals and sent the kit out with the mis-printed decal...

here's the link to the mis-printed decal... http://vhost.iline.co.jp/~h5/images/6342.jpg

and here's where i got the info from... http://aeug.blogspot.com/

Courtesy of another Gunota article.......we get a possible MG Hi-Zack curve ball!

Softbank Games has posted pics of some Gundam kits at a Gundam Network event displaying a Master Grade TITANS GREEN HI-ZACK!!! :huh:

http://www.itmedia.co.jp/games/gsnews-photo/0407/30/03.html

We all figured they would release both EFSF BLUE and then the TITANS GREEN, but seeing them both so close....wonder which will see the August release!??!

Bandai would make a lot of happy people by releasing BOTH kits at once!!! Allow people the option of one or both and not "waste" another month's release to a re-color - in turn taking a "spot" for a new mold. Ahhhhh....it would be nice. :rolleyes:

cool very nice i love the way they spell Gundam, "GANDAM" i do not know if you saw it but on that site they had the pink color Strike gundam master grade isnt it supossed to have a different backpack?

also the HGUC pycho gundam looks cool quite big to. i also just got my 1/100 MG Freedom Gundam in today as well as the 1/100 Blue frame Astray both are very nice they cheaped out on some of the parts for the astary it definetly needs painting but it is a awesome kit, the sword plain rocks.

cool very nice i love the way they spell Gundam, "GANDAM" i do not know if you saw it but on that site they had the pink color Strike gundam master grade isnt it supossed to have a different backpack?

That's the Strike Rouge, September's MG release.

yea I know, but i thought it had different weapons, seems like a cheap release if it does not.

Welcome to the world of the Master Grade. Recolors are common, especially in September. Why would Bandai include the Sword or Launcher packs with the Strike Rouge, when a) it never used them, and b) they could make more money by releasing Sword/Launcher Strike MG variants at a future opportunity?

Nothing new here, I'm afraid. Points to someone who gets the double meaning.

zeo-mare, which parts of the blue frame astray needs painting? Is it the orange parts or the blue ones or both? Btw Haro, which ones are you refering to? How do they look like?

Btw Haro, which ones are you refering to? How do they look like?

i'm talkin about the two 1/144's infront of the MG strike rouge

BTW...that model next to the Hyperion model IS the Dreadnought kit!!! :o:o:o:o

zeo-mare, which parts of the blue frame astray needs painting? Is it the orange parts or the blue ones or both?

both, there are a few blue parts on the sholderpad, there are a few orange parts on the sword and on the face, and what should be the clear crystal parts on the head (those were just molded white and they gave you a sticker <_< ) it is stil a nice kit nontheless but seems like they could have did a little better, the head needed to be glued on mine it falls apart to easy. the sword just plain rocks however it is the real highlight of this kit. the freedom gundam also is coming out good, very nice kit as well, the inner mechanics of the kit are incredibly simple particiarlly on the arms there is very little detail on this one. but it looks awesome on the stand.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare