Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

sorry my mistake it is getting late, not glue but the nail polish, i never tried the tissue way, i will have to check it out. here are the pics there are 2 parts on the shoulder, one of which i just noticed, i took a picture of mine near the package so you can see what i am talking about

i am also hoping that you can pose it like this, i know they show it in the booklet but i can almost see this thing falling over every few seconds, i really do not want to have it with the sword aimed downward

here is the part on the freedom that is very loose on mine i do not think the the tissue trick will work it is just to 2 lower pieces , it is just a small peg the pops into the leg that holds the shin and back of legs armor on, there is no poly caps if you turn the freedom side ways it practicly falls off, very weak desgin for the piece,

Edited by zeo-mare

i am also hoping that you can pose it like this, i know they show it in the booklet but i can almost see this thing falling over every few seconds, i really do not want to have it with the sword aimed downward

It can hold that pose....but i don't like it. Notice the weird wrist position. :ph34r:

Lost interest huh?

Yep, finally lost all interest in Gundam anime, toys and models a year or so ago. Both SEED and the current SD Gundam anime finally killed off what little remaining respect I had for the franchise and it's creators.

The various Gundam animes and MS designs have for the most part just become too repetative for my liking. I have a small amount of residual interest left in Gundam Sentinel, but that's it.

I used to buy lots of Gundam models in the period from the late 1980s to the mid 1990s This was a time when there were hardly any mecha toys being made, so if you wanted mecha, it was a choice of Gundam models or nothing. We are so lucky that we are in the middle of a toy renaissance and there is just so much choice now. This really is the golden age of toys as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, getting back on topic, the last Gundam model I bought was the MG S-Gundam, which really disappointed me as one of the ankle joints snapped on only the third transformation. Since then, I have not bought a Gundam model.

There are enough Macross toys being made now to keep my wallet empty and satisfy my mecha cravings and to be honest I'd say that less than 1% of Gundam MS designs appeal to me enough to make me consider wanting a toy or model of them.

Graham

(burnt out, tired, sickened and disappointed with what Gundam has become)

I have no problems with the tightness of the Blue frame or the MG strike. Blue Frame is ok...could be tighter for sure...but real problem with Blue frame is just that some parts need to be glued into place like the face plates.

The MG strike is really TOIGHT on mine. I love it. No ankle problems as complained by someone else.The knees and shoulders/arms etc are very tight and can do crouches and half crouches just fine. Very sweet. I'm hoping the freedom i'm getting would be the same.

really? it is not top heavy or anything? it looks like it will fall over every few seconds, i am actually hoping to put mine in a similar position. how do you have yours posed right now?

yes without a doubt some parts on the astray are weak and need glueing. the MG strike is a very nice kit and very tight ,the leg parts on my MG freedom are loose like hell, due to the way they were designed, but the rest of it is very impressive .by the way Graham sorry to see you no longer collecting gundam I understand though, i still love the series even with the short comings.

Graham

That's funny. What are you doing reading a Gundam thread for?

Looks like you don't let go of a chance to bash Gundam for all it's worth.

You don't like it. We get it. You don't have to rain on our parade.

Graham

Agreed. B))

I thought plastic models kits, including Bandai models were made out of styrene plastic, which is generally much more fragile than the ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) plastic used in toys.

Most are. There are some Master Grades, however, which use ABS exclusively for the internal frame areas for extra strength and stability. The Mater Grade G Gundam kits' action frame used ABS, as does the GM Type C and Gundam ver. Ka.

The external pieces are standard styrene, however.

Graham

Mwhahahahah....Graham, bringing doom and gloom to Gundam fans everywhere :p

G-Graham

(The Mobile Gundam Basher) B))

It can hold that pose....but i don't like it. Notice the weird wrist position. :ph34r:

I see what you mean. If it stays in that pose any longer, the wrist on the right hand could break! Good thing you broght up another problem with the blue frame. I think I'll glue the face plates into place including other parts ( I wonder what they are? ) on the astray that are weak and need glueing. So Graham, is this (The Mobile Gundam Basher) your new title? :p

Mwhahahahah....Graham, bringing doom and gloom to Gundam fans everywhere  :p

Bad Graham. Bad Graham. No new Macross series for you.

It would be hilarious if Kawamori's next mecha design is for a Gundam series.

That'll be the day. Then Graham will be so angry as to why Kawamori has gone back to doing Gundam again. :lol:

I see what you mean. If it stays in that pose any longer, the wrist on the right hand could break! Good thing you broght up another problem with the blue frame. I think I'll glue the face plates into place including other parts ( I wonder what they are? ) on the astray that are weak and need glueing. So Graham, is this (The Mobile Gundam Basher) your new title? :p

It won't break. It has a joint there allowing that position. It just looks weird and unnatural. Imagine your wrist turning 90 degrees like that. :blink:

I'm sure you can make it holding a sword against its shoulder without the wrist turning like that, but probably with some difficulty.

Btw, wolfx, zeo, what other parts on the astray that are weak and need glueing besides from the face plates??

The yellow bits on its thighs which connect to the knives. Those things should be glued in place. The hands aren't that loose if it weren't for the heavy sword. That's about it for me.

Btw, wolfx, zeo, what other parts on the astray that are weak and need glueing besides from the face plates??

The yellow bits on its thighs which connect to the knives. Those things should be glued in place. The hands aren't that loose if it weren't for the heavy sword. That's about it for me.

Can you post some pics as to what you were refering to?? That's it for me too. Time to hit the hay!!!

It would be hilarious if Kawamori's next mecha design is for a Gundam series.

Actually, I'd be interested to see Kawamori doing some more designs for Gundam. I'm sure he'd certainly do a better job than that arch-recycler Okawara.

Of course though Kawamori's top priority should be a new Macross TV series....pronto!

Graham

hi angel's fury here is a pic of the little orange part on the leg that holds the knives on it should be glued. I would love to see some Gundam designs from Kawamori :)

edit: i really screwed up my typing

Edited by zeo-mare

Graham

It's his and Shawn's site. He can ban you for all he cares. :ph34r:

Graham

It's his and Shawn's site. He can ban you for all he cares. :ph34r:

Which raises an interesting point.

Were I in a position of power, I would feel obligated to look at the majority of threads. Especially highly active ones such as this has proven to be.

Were I in a position of power, I would feel obligated to look at the majority of threads. Especially highly active ones such as this has proven to be.

When I'm online I do try to check all threads in the 4 main forums, not just the ones that interest me.

Even though I'm not really into Gundam anymore, I still like to keep an eye on what's going on.

Graham

But Graham's a good guy and he wouldn't ban me for calling him on this.

Ya, but there is good Graham and there is evil Graham and only Graham knows which he is today.......Mwhahahahha B)):rolleyes::ph34r:

But seriously, it takes a lot for me to ban somebody and I certainly wouldn't do it just because somebody calls me on a post or disagrees with something I've said. I think the only times I've banned people have been when other members have let me know about a particularly bad Troll.

I'm all for good natured discussion and debate as long as it stays civil. There's no rule that says everybody has to like the same thing.

Graham

hi angel's fury here is a pic of the little orange part on the leg that holds the knives on it should be glued. I would love to see some Gundam designs from Kawamori :)

edit: i really screwed up my typing

Thanks zeo! What about the face plates that wolfx was refering to??

For instance some of us looooooooooove Transformers. And he still doesn't ban us, even when we try to show him the true path to enlightenment.

Hmmmm.....banning everybody that loves transformers, what a great idea :p Now why didn't I think of that first? :lol:

Note, it can be dangerous to put ideas into Graham's head.

OK, all TF fans form a line on the left and prepare to be processed Mwhahahahhaha.

Graham

hi angel's fury here is the pic it is the little white panel on the side of the head, there are 2 one for each side they fall off very easy i hope this helps

For instance some of us looooooooooove Transformers.  And he still doesn't ban us, even when we try to show him the true path to enlightenment.

Hmmmm.....banning everybody that loves transformers, what a great idea :p Now why didn't I think of that first? :lol:

Note, it can be dangerous to put ideas into Graham's head.

OK, all TF fans form a line on the left and prepare to be processed Mwhahahahhaha.

Graham

I've known some people that would run around dropping "BANNED" as a custom title to further the joke.

But as far as I know, none of them are here.

hi angel's fury here is the pic it is the little white panel on the side of the head, there are 2 one for each side they fall off very easy i hope this helps

Thanks. It really helps. Btw zeo, you mentioned that "there are a few parts that need the orange though". Which are they??

'Scuse the very bad pun, but.....

I'm not sure when this Master Grade thread went astray. ;)

Back on topic, though....

Here's some new pics of the upcoming Titans Use Hi-Zack and the Strike Rouge sans IWSP. <_<

I'll pass on the Rouge, but that Hi-Zack is still handsome!!

mg_hi-zack.jpg

post-26-1091671647_thumb.jpg