Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

since there's nothing really new to announce i got bored and went to one of my favorite modeling group site and came across one of their latest projects...a convert of wing zero custom from the endless waltz ova/movie made from the MG wing ver. ka

if anyone wants the website i'll give the link later on

enjoy! :D

post-26-1088451638_thumb.jpg

WOW!!!! Looks pretty good Haro!!!

i just really hope bandai gets their heads out their asses and maybe make a wing zero custom Master Grade kit...or at the very least a MG Tallgeese....the 10th anniversary of Gundam Wing is coming up so why wouldn't they? i mean gundam wing is still much alive in the US i know that the whole gundam wing hype pretty much died down in Japan but it would be nice if they could do something more for the North American audience (and European?) that's still into GW

i mean gundam wing is still much alive in the US i know that the whole gundam wing hype pretty much died down in Japan but it would be nice if they could do something more for the North American audience (and European?) that's still into GW

I think Wing is pretty much dead in the US. Stores no longer stock Wing toys and model kits except for the SD ones, which aren't exactly flying off the shelves either.

that is a nice wing gundam Custom, i do not see why Bandai could not release that as a normal Master grade kit, there really is no difference in the bodies, just the wings and weapons, i would love to have a master grade wing gundam custom, and maybe a few other from the wing series as well.

The GW kits weren't that easy to come by (the toys sucked so I never bothered with those)...I either had to travel half an hour (at the very least) just to find some of the 1/144 non-HG gundam kits, which was pretty much a disappointment. All the GW kits I use to have I had to order off the internet or ask someone who was going to Asia to pick up some up or traveled out of town to get. When a local store did finally get some models in the series was off the air and they only supplied Wing, Wing Zero and Epyon <_< all in 1/144 too. There's a comic book shop that still sells the GW kits but who'd want to pay $30 for a 1/144 Tallgeese? <_< Bandai did re-release the Endless Waltz 1/100 kits but they were (as far as I know) available at Toys-R-Us and video game shops, and those also sold out pretty fast. I'm sure now interest is dying down because of the coming of Gundam SEED. I know tons of fanboys who complain about this stuff more than I do.

Now I'll quit beating the dead horse and go back to the discussion on hand...

I'm just so glad to finally get a kit of the Freedom Gundam that does what Okawara couldn't do...make the Freedom look cool!! this kit really beats the hell out of the lineart and what the MS looked like in the series IMO...this kit truely is the definative version of the Freedom, and all without going on to a PG scale :p

that is a nice wing gundam Custom, i do not see why Bandai could not release that as a normal Master grade kit, there really is no difference in the bodies, just the wings and weapons, i would love to have a master grade wing gundam custom, and maybe a few other from the wing series as well.

I would too but knowing Bandai that's not happening any time soon. <_<

just curious but does anyone know of any good shops to get the freedom and other mg kits at a fairly good price? i just don't want to go through hlj or wait until gundamstoreandmore decides to update and ad the freedom to their site <_< i wanted to place a pre-order at hobby search but by the time i wanted to preorder it they closed all their preorders. i also found it on jhobby but i dunno if the site is really reliable :unsure: i really want this kit :( (since i know it won't look like crap like the other freedom releases :lol: )

BTW here's proto's from jhobby.net

http://jhobby.net/product_info.php?products_id=1203

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

Oh I'm posing this guy either like the bottom right or upper left. I might have to paint the Freedom too.

post-26-1088780398_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Oh I'm posing this guy either like the bottom right or upper left. I might have to paint the Freedom too.

Yeah! Those two poses look better than the one on the top right.

Even if I use the pose from the bottom right of the pic I posted, the wings will be out. Gotta pose Freedom with the wings out, especially since the cannons are jointed for left/right movement as well.

post-26-1088782195_thumb.jpg

Even if I use the pose from the bottom right of the pic I posted, the wings will be out. Gotta pose Freedom with the wings out, especially since the cannons are jointed for left/right movement as well.

From your previous pic, so the model comes with a stand?

All photos are pointing that a stand will be included.

Whereas the proto-sculpt had a small stand, these current pics look like the launch stand included with the Strike will be part of this kit, too.

( All MGs should have a stand included. :rolleyes: )

Whereas the proto-sculpt had a small stand, these current pics look like the launch stand included with the Strike will be part of this kit, too.

Thanks for the heads up GC!!! I hope that holds true.

Thanks for the heads up GC!!! I hope that holds true.

It's hard to say which stand it's coming with right now, because the page the pics came from had shots of BOTH. :huh: It could be the Freedom on Strike's stand as a possibility. Either way, it's coming with a stand, and either will let me pose it nicely, so I'm not worried.

Edited by Anubis

...these current pics look like the launch stand included with the Strike will be part of this kit, too.

What current pics? The picture with the Freedom Gundam on the MG Strike stand isn't the MG kit. It's a 1/100 HG and MG Strike kitbash.

I dislike the MG Strike stand, since it's huge and clunky and ugly. The MG Freedom stand looks much more attractive, and I think it'll be more effective.

The 1/100 HG Astray doesn't come with a stand, and I don't think any version of it will. We've yet to see if there will be a MG Astray, and whether or not it will come with a stand, but if these two MG SEED kits are any indication, I think it will.

Edited by Stamen0083

...these current pics look like the launch stand included with the Strike will be part of this kit, too.

What current pics? The picture with the Freedom Gundam on the MG Strike stand isn't the MG kit. It's a 1/100 HG and MG Strike kitbash.

I dislike the MG Strike stand, since it's huge and clunky and ugly. The MG Freedom stand looks much more attractive, and I think it'll be more effective.

The 1/100 HG Astray doesn't come with a stand, and I don't think any version of it will. We've yet to see if there will be a MG Astray, and whether or not it will come with a stand, but if these two MG SEED kits are any indication, I think it will.

:huh: I was refrring to the pics in Anubis' post as well as the pics that were linked here: http://jhobby.net/product_info.php?products_id=1203

They've described/labelled all as the MG, first I've heard of a kitbash.

Nonetheless, I would also prefer that "star-shaped" stand rather than the "launch-stand".

:huh: I was refrring to the pics in Anubis' post as well as the pics that were linked here: http://jhobby.net/product_info.php?products_id=1203

They've described/labelled all as the MG, first I've heard of a kitbash.

You mean this picture:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/uploads/po...-1088780398.jpg

That's a MG Strike/HG Freedom kitbash. I guarantee you that. Don't let JHobby's label throw you.

Either way, I doubt that we'll get that stupid launch stand. All the better, right? :-D

I would rather have the star one as well. It would fit much nicer into the display case.

i think most of these pictures point to the stand with the basic rod and base. i honestly wouldn't want the launching pad myself...i really don't have the friggin' room for it.

BTW...i pretty much caved and decided to order the kit through HLJ :mellow: i seriously didn't want to go through them because of problems with my last 3 orders from them <_<

also...i finished up my Ingram 3 kit and have it posed bending over with club in hand and ready to hit the gouf custom...the gouf has his ass in the air and its hands covering its head...talk about police brutality! :lol::lol:

i think most of these pictures point to the stand with the basic rod and base. i honestly wouldn't want the launching pad myself...i really don't have the friggin' room for it.

BTW...i pretty much caved and decided to order the kit through HLJ :mellow: i seriously didn't want to go through them because of problems with my last 3 orders from them <_<

also...i finished up my Ingram 3 kit and have it posed bending over with club in hand and ready to hit the gouf custom...the gouf has his ass in the air and its hands covering its head...talk about police brutality! :lol::lol:

I have to see a picture of that.

yea i to would love to see a picture of the ingram and gouf. :lol: