Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

Heh, I want to see a master grade GM spartan.

No sense in hoping. It won't happen. Bandai hates Katoki styling in general, and definitely isn't going to use a Studio Reckless original design in their MG line. That month's release could be better spent hocking some ugly Zeta series design.

yea technically speaking you should paint the entire thing, but for those of you like myself who are not very good painting this one needs alittle work to really look nice and like the one on the packaging, it is still a very nice kit, i however do not think it is going to be able to hold the sword :p

actually they should do it 1/144 so it could match the dendrobium it would be a little bit bigger but for the most part around the same size. :)

both, there are a few blue parts on the sholderpad, there are a few orange parts on the sword and on the face, and what should be the clear crystal parts on the head (those were just molded white and they gave you a sticker <_< ) it is stil a nice kit nontheless but seems like they could have did a little better, the head needed to be glued on mine it falls apart to easy. the sword just plain rocks however it is the real highlight of this kit.....

chris

You just had to make my day any worse than it actually is. <_< How do I make the actual clear crystal parts clear and with what? So the blue parts on the arms aren't in blue? You're saying this on account that you have this kit in your possession and you're somewhat disappointed?

do not get me wrong i would not say that i am disapointed, i will be proudly displaying it soon with the others i have, it is still a very nice kit the sword plain rocks, there is a few parts that need painting but it is mainly small parts, i think bandai could do better. the one part that bothered me is there are peices on the underside of the shoulderpad that are blue but they molded them in white is is such a easy peice to have made blue i do not know why they molded it the way they did, it seems like laziness, i love the kit alot i think i like the red frame better, though the all white plastic forehead sucks no clear part, i used a chrome green gundam marker and it looks good now, but they really cheaped out on that one piece in particilar

here is a picture of the astray the chrome green gundam marker worked well, it looks better in person.

i wish i was a better painter i would paint these things from scratch, i do not however have the experience or time. so i aminly do minor detail work and panel lining. here is the highlight of the blue frame astray the sword, it is huge

here is the very nice Mg freedom, i hate the fact that these all came in about the same time, i have yet to finish my pg GP-01 :( and now these 2, i started working on the astray first and ended about 11:00 at night the next morning the freedom came in and i started that without finishing the others <_< very nice kit this one is the stand for it is very stylish

Oh crap, I forgot they did it in that scale, I thought a 1/144 Neueziel would be as tall as I am.

Nope - it'd be huge, but not that huge. The Neue Ziel is 76 meters tall (and 74 meters wide), so in 1/144 scale, to go with the HGUC Dendrobium, it would stand about half a meter tall - just about 21 inches tall. That would be SO sweet!!! :D

Oh crap, I forgot they did it in that scale, I thought a 1/144 Neueziel would be as tall as I am.

Nope - it'd be huge, but not that huge. The Neue Ziel is 76 meters tall (and 74 meters wide), so in 1/144 scale, to go with the HGUC Dendrobium, it would stand about half a meter tall - just about 21 inches tall. That would be SO sweet!!! :D

Amen. BANDAI! ANSWER OUR CALLS TO YOU!

zeo, that astray and the freedom looks nice! As for the astray, what combination of paints did you use to get that orange color? How about the freedom, did that require minimal painting besides from the usual?

Hi, as for the astray the orange parts came like that, they are not painted, there should have been a few more orange parts but bandai did not give them, they are for around the eyes and a few parts on the sword, i did not paint the astray or freedom (I suck at painting) i just panel lined them and am doing some very tiny work with the Gundam markers, the freedom looks very nice everything is pretty much molded in the right color so other than the panel line it will look good even unpainted.

You mentioned that a certain part underneath the shoulder should've been in blue but it wasn't. If I were to paint it, what paint combinations do I need to match it to the rest of the blue parts? Is there a guide that I can use? On a separate blue astray thread by wolfx, he claimed that the fingers always came off when handling the sword or something like that. Are there any loose parts that need to be tightened or secured?

as for the color blue i am not sure, there is a paint guide on the back page of the booklet (but i cannot read japanese and i suck at mixing paint), that might be able to help you, also for loose parts, the hands look loose i do not want to glue them because there will be no way to unhook the sword, the head is weak to, the panels on the side fall off easy on mine , the handle of the sword is way to fragile, the sword is just to big and heavy for the handle, when you hold it by the handle the whole sword seems to bend, also one last not i would recomend a safe pose for this figure , i would not put it to high on the shelf with the sword upright it seems like it will fall over way to easy and break

Seems like the freedom is better. When you assembled the freedom, did you encountered any problems in comparison to the astray? If the freedom isn't to much of a problem then I might get that one instead.

so far the freedom has been pretty simple they are both very nice kits even without painting the astray looks awesome , i do recomend the freedom gundam not to much panel lines on it and the wings and stand make it look incredible

as for the color blue i am not sure, there is a paint guide on the back page of the booklet (but i cannot read japanese and i suck at mixing paint), that might be able to help you, also for loose parts, the hands look loose i do not want to glue them because there will be no way to unhook the sword, the head is weak to, the panels on the side fall off easy on mine , the handle of the sword is way to fragile, the sword is just to big and heavy for the handle, when you hold it by the handle the whole sword seems to bend, also one last not i would recomend a safe pose for this figure , i would not put it to high on the shelf with the sword upright it seems like it will fall over way to easy and break

Yeah, the shoulder covers below are not blue...but personally I think it looks fine without the blue. I'm too lazy to looks for paints and paint it....so heh. As you can see from my pictures, it looks kinda good without paints and just panel lines would do the trick.

The hands are fine but the sword is heavy causing the fingers to come apart if you don't position them properly. The trick is to position them in such a way that it won't break apart the fingers when holding the sword. No easy task, I assure you. Anyway about the sword handle, did you slide the handle into the sword, zeo-mare? The slot which it slides in and out is kinda dodgy as it is held together loosely by the 2 blue sides of the sword (the main part holding the gattling gun) so be very careful when rotating the handle in backpack mode. But it should slide into the sword in sword mode and the sword would be pretty sturdy after that.

Damn...that does it. I'm getting the damn Freedom if its cheap. NOooooooooooo....doom to me!!!

yea i know about putting the sword handle all the way in, but it still kinda tilts to the side on mine it only does it alittle but it seems fragile because of that. the freedom will set you back about $40.00 if you are in the USA Image Anime has them already in stock. pretty quick if you ask me.

hey just out of stupid curiosity what is my avatar showing for a picture? it is suppossed to be Sauron on my normal internet explorer it is showing properly but on Mozilla it is still showing the Yuna pic :huh: i like mozilla better because i get no pop ups on other sites

edit Never mind i pushed refresh and they just popped up, it took a while for some reason :huh:

Edited by zeo-mare

neither the freedom or astray come with water slide only standard issue stickers and the freedom comes with dry transfers.

chris

neither the freedom or astray come with water slide only standard issue stickers and the freedom comes with dry transfers.

chris

Yeap....but the stickers are at least better than the Yammie stickers. I SOOOO hate dry decals. Leaves so little room for error. I lost 2-3 dry decals on my Aile STrike MG when getting them to stick on the corners and strange areas. Kinda pissed. :angry:

i have yet to use the dry transfers for the strike, they look awesome when done right but yea it is way to easy to screw them up,

Now I'm torn on which to buy between the astray and the freedom. I like the design of the blue astray than the freedom, but with the problems that both of you (zeo & wolfx) have stated, it's starting to make me doubt whether or not I should get the astray.

Now I'm torn on which to buy between the astray and the freedom. I like the design of the blue astray than the freedom, but with the problems that both of you (zeo & wolfx) have stated, it's starting to make me doubt whether or not I should get the astray.

Why don't you get both? ;)

THere are no real problems with the blue frame, really, except the very obvoius BIG SWORD. You look at it and you KNOW its gonna be hard to for the model to hold it. Other than that, its a good buy, IMHO.

Why don't you get both? ;)

THere are no real problems with the blue frame, really, except the very obvoius BIG SWORD. You look at it and you KNOW its gonna be hard to for the model to hold it. Other than that, its a good buy, IMHO.

My answer to the first question is: I can't. I have books and tuition fee to pay for so I'm pretty much handcuffed. As for the rest of what you said, thanks for the reassurance. As I look at the blue frame, it reminds of Inu Yasha at one time having difficulties weilding his own sword. I almost forgot, wolfx, was it back heavy when you put the sword/backpack back in it's back? It kinda looks like the chest was a bit too upright on the proto pics.

Edited by Angel's Fury

hey Stamen0083 is that your strike? i love the mods do you have any more pictures of it, yea i do not like the head to much on the freedom but it is not to bad.

The MG Freedom needs a head redesign. Something to bring it in line with this MG Strike:

MG-Strike41.jpg

well i and i'm sure many gundam fans knows it looks like the strike's head...even in the series the heads looked a lot alike...it's not surpising that the MG heads look simular to eachother too....all okawara does is rehash and mixes body parts and claims it to be a "new" gundam or other MS's....that's why i feel a younger guy with new ideas should just take over where okawara left off...as much as i like okawara, his designs are just too...too...he just doesn't have much to offer anymore...i respect him for making some of my favorite MS's but he really needs to retire...he must have burnt himself out with G Gundam... <_<

BTW...i don't want this to turn into a debate so please don't respond to my rant...