Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

hobby link japan has pics of the 1/100 blue astray, looks pretty cool

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?BAN926796

post-26-1086358558.jpg

i dunno...i think the wings (sword) look a little small....but that's just my opinion :rolleyes:

It seems a tad bit back heavy too, unless I'm mistaken. Btw, does this require painting?

as far as i know (and probably most of us) it'll require some painting...but i'm hoping it's not a lot...but you know how bandai got lazy with the HG 1/100 freedom gundam <_<...

well...i like this version of the 2nd more...eventhough it's a custom job :p

post-26-1086396620_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

hobby link japan has pics of the 1/100 blue astray, looks pretty cool

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?BAN926796

post-26-1086358558.jpg

i dunno...i think the wings (sword) look a little small....but that's just my opinion :rolleyes:

It seems a tad bit back heavy too, unless I'm mistaken. Btw, does this require painting?

as far as i know (and probably most of us) it'll require some painting...but i'm hoping it's not a lot...but you know how bandai got lazy with the HG 1/100 freedom gundam <_<

HG 1/100 freedom gundam, don't even remind me. Btw, what sword was it equipped with?

what sword are you talking about?...on the astray blue 2nd?...the backpack "wings" fold together to make this massive sword

post-26-1086398368_thumb.jpg

what sword are you talking about?...on the astray blue 2nd?...the backpack "wings" fold together to make this massive sword

Oh I see!!! Btw, do you have the red frame one? Did you have to paint it?

Oh I see!!! Btw, do you have the red frame one? Did you have to paint it?

nah but i'm desperately trying to find one <_<

I hope a local shop in my area will have this & the red frame version in stock. I need to get myself busy this summer, otherwise I'll die of boredom.

I hope a local shop in my area will have this & the red frame version in stock. I need to get myself busy this summer, otherwise I'll die of boredom.

I know I won't be bored for a while....I have a HG HeavyArms Custom 1/100, MG Wing Gundam Ver. Ka, and a MG 1/35 Ingram 3 to work on...I probably won't do much to them since I'm pretty much a lazy bum when it comes to modeling :p

I know I won't be bored for a while....I have a HG HeavyArms Custom 1/100, MG Wing Gundam Ver. Ka, and a MG 1/35 Ingram 3 to work on...I probably won't do much to them since I'm pretty much a lazy bum when it comes to modeling :p

Man, if I had those, I'd get started right now!

Man, if I had those, I'd get started right now!

trust me...it's a headache...i really don't know which one to start first...now back to the topic at hand...

Does anyone have any pictures of the MG Freedom Gundam?...I already provided a prototype of it...now it's someone else's turn to post a colored, completed prototype! :p

When well ever Bandai make MG Gundam-X and Turn A Gundam   :angry:

If G-Gundam was any indicator, I'd say a Gundam X would turn up to coincide when the series is eventually released stateside.

Same thing with the Turn A, though I really dislike it's design.

A Double-X would rock though. Especially if it comes with LED's to make the chest and fins light up.

As for the Zeta, I'm almost done with my PG and have a KS, so a new MG doesn't hold much interest for me. Cool that they may be doing it though. The floppiness is why I didn;t get the original MG.

I might get a Zeta Plus C when I get the MG Freedom though.

Well then if there`s no MG Gundam-X, they are available from a different form Gundam SEED :) :

Alie Strike Gundam = Gundam X Dv :D

Freedom Gundam = Gundam DX :D

I wonder why the Asrtay desings in some why they look like those ugly evas.

I finaly ordered the MG Rick Dias, along with the MG ExS Gundam & the MG Strike Gundam. Now I just have to wait for Best1hobby to get the Rick Dias in stock. I really am looking forward to the MG Hizack.

Edited by Mechwolf

When well ever Bandai make MG Gundam-X and Turn A Gundam  :angry:

Ugh - the real question, hopefully the Hi-Zack and Rick Dias are a sign that Bandai is finally tackling the other suits from Zeta!!!! :D

Hopefully!

I wouldn't mind seeing MG versions of the MSK-008 Dijeh or RMS-108 Marasai. :rolleyes:

How would that look like? I'll bet it'll look awesome!!!

Kai version? It will look like nothing, because it does not exist.

The Ka. version, however, is a different story.

The existing MG Zeta kit is fairly similar to the Katoki version, though it's not quite correct. The head isn't as elongated, for one thing, and the wing binders are rather off. Still, the MG Zeta is a nice looking mech.

For more information on the Katoki Zeta Gundam, consult your HG Zeta Gundam manual.

Note: HG, not HGUC.

but didn't katoki design the zeta plus series from gundam sentinel? i liked the plus versions of the zeta more than the original anyways...the wings were more practical and looked a hell of a lot nicer than the original's "beetle" looking wings

what is the RX-78 Ver. kai? you mean the RX-78 ver. Ka? i noticed people are getting those 2 words mixed up alot,I am not sure what Kai stands for but the KA stands for Katoki Hajime. It is more of his special take on other gundams , they feature slight variations to the original design and Gundam fix style stickers and decaling, the Rx-78 is quite nice and probally the best MG of the classic rx-78 design, I heard the Zeta ver. Ka is based on the original Zeta Gundam not the Zeta C-1 or Plus from the

Sentinels, but a upgraded remake of the classic Zeta from the Z gundam series. most likely it wil be a complete redesign of the original with all new proportions and gundam fix decaling. i am hoping this one turns out to be true.

Chris

but didn't katoki design the zeta plus series from gundam sentinel?

Yes, he did. The Zeta Gundam ver. Ka. was drawn specifically for the HG manual, and it has little, if any, to do with the ZetaPlus series. Frankly, I prefer the MG Zeta over any of the ZetaPlus series.

Damned bunch of wannabes.

Speaking of Kai versions how good is the Gundam RX-78-2 Kai version?

There is NO Kai version! You'll be fine if you remove the 'i' at the end. As is, you're not.

There are things like the Zaku Kai (Zaku FZ from Gundam 0080), GM Kai (RGM-79C GM C type from Gundam 0083, where the Kai denotes a customized or upgraded unit of some kind (I have no idea what Kai really means, but I believe that's the idea). The fact that the GM C type's being designed by Katoki probably threw people off.

Edited by Stamen0083

keep this civil...don't want a good thread to go sour and have it closed <_<

BTW Stamen0083...i was just commenting you...i wasn't trying to say the zplus was connected to the zeta katoki drew for the hg manual...and the fact i couldn't really pose or transform (without almost breaking the damn thing) really killed the first MG zeta for me

BTW Stamen0083...i was just commenting you...i wasn't trying to say the zplus was connected to the zeta katoki drew for the hg manual...and the fact i couldn't really pose or transform (without almost breaking the damn thing) really killed the first MG zeta for me

I was just confirming your suspicion :-P

I like the beefy Zeta wing binders better than the ZetaPlus.

I really dislike how floppy the MG Zeta kit was in WaveRider mode too, but since I dislike any transformation of any kind in the first place, I simply want a solid Zeta Gundam, and the MG kit delivers.

The MG ZetaPluses do not. Weak wing design and stupid hip locking mechanism don't do it for me.

yea the zeta gundam master grade is top floppy, the wings on mine are the worst, i also do not like the hands very much either, they are not at all well for holding the Hyper mega launcher. Hopefully we will start seeing some other Z gundam Master Grades coming out soon. :)

chris

There are things like the Zaku Kai (Zaku FZ from Gundam 0080), GM Kai (RGM-79C GM C type from Gundam 0083, where the Kai denotes a customized or upgraded unit of some kind (I have no idea what Kai really means, but I believe that's the idea). T

Kai = modified.

just wondering about the 2 Ver. Ka kits...Were the kits produced to promote the 2 Katoki design books (Approved Gundam and the other gundam design book of Katoki variations)

I know it's off topic but it's better to post it here than to start a new threat all together <_<

Hi, no the 2 designs were quite popular before hand and bandai thought they could cash in, the Gundam Wing version ka has been around for years , B-club made a resin of it a long time ago, it is sometimes called the Wing Gundam protoype, and for good reason, this was the original design that was suposed to be used in the Manga and anime series but was changed at the last moment by a different artist (cannot remember his name) I think it is the guy who desgined the Zeta Gundam Mechs, (sorry it is early) <_<:p

chris

Hi, no the 2 designs were quite popular before hand and bandai thought they could cash in, the Gundam Wing version ka has been around for years , B-club made a resin of it a long time ago

yeah i know b-club made a kit...i've always wanted that conversion kit...but i lacked the skills, the patients, and the money for resin conversion parts :lol::p i just figured that'd be bandai's reason to make the 2 ver. ka kits was to promote/go with the 2 books...it makes sense since there hasn't been any plans for any other ver. ka gundams or even gundams/mobile suits from wing. i would love a MG Tallgeese III...i remember you had to paint the whole 1/100 HG kit from a few years ago <_< oh well...it's not like katoki doesn't design gundams most the time anyways :p

Bandai....make more MG kits from Gundam Wing and improve your earlier kits!! like the Mk. II kits....Or make B-Club make you some upgrade parts for all your old MG kits!!!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

yeah i know b-club made a kit...i've always wanted that conversion kit...but i lacked the skills, the patients, and the money for resin conversion parts :lol::p

B-Club has also released standalone ver. Ka GKs that's not a MG conversion kit. I've seen a RX-78-2 ver Ka. resin kit that went for several hundred bucks. Don't remember if it was 1/100 or larger though.

• 2 weeks later...

no, unfortunally no new news on gundam stuff, I am still waiting as well.

Chris

The crystal version MG Zaku II, Char's Zaku II, and RX-78-2 Gundam are getting restocked this month at HLJ and Hobby Search, I don't think anyone mentioned about those.

Anyone build any of these? The few pics I found seemed cool. Transparent colored plastic so you can see the mechanical innards. The Zaku looks pretty cool like that. I reserved a Zaku II F/J at Hobby Search last night.

If I end up not getting a PG Zaku (depends on finances and space) I'll settle for my Zaku II F2, the crystal, and I'll get a Black Trinity Zaku II, and that should about cover me on Zakus. I'll probably get the Black Trinity at the same time as the Freedom.

I too am waiting for pics, but nothing new on the freedom yet.

On a side note:

Target finally has 1/144 HG Justice Gundams in to go with the Freedoms. I didn't like the Justice, so I'm not buying that, but glad there's something there in HG besides the Freedom. I seriuosly wonder why Bandai US started there? They won't appear for months at 1 episode a week, and the boxes give a spoiler about the N-Jammer cancellers. One would figure they'd start with the original 5 gundams, maybe a Ginn. Follow Japan's release schedule. They are starting with the original 5 for the action figures. Odd.

Edited by Anubis

A pic of the crystal models. Little brighter than other pics I've seen.

post-26-1087494911_thumb.jpg

I've known about the crystal versions being re-released for a while now...I was never too fond of them to begin with so I'm not going to pick one up...but if I were to get one I'd swap the interal parts from the regular version...much like the clear parts for the PG kits

All I know now is...I'm buying another Freedom...but hopefully this thing ain't a pile of crap like the last 2 I bought <_<

sort of off topic but...does anyone know where I could buy a stand for some gundam models? I finished building the MG Wing ver. ka and I want a stand that'd be able to support it enough so keep a cool pose without it falling over :lol:

Thanks! :D