Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

I almost forgot, wolfx, was it back heavy when you put the sword/backpack back in it's back? It kinda looks like the chest was a bit too upright on the proto pics.

Its kinda back heavy....but not that much a problem. Balances out well when posed properly , as you can see from my photos. Too upright? You mean if it can stand straight in a neutral pose? Yeah, it can. Ya gotta spread the legs a little though.

If you're wondering if it has the same problems as the WGZ custom....no it doesn't. :lol:

hey Stamen0083 is that your strike? i love the mods do you have any more pictures of it, yea i do not like the head to much on the freedom but it is not to bad.

It's not mine. It belongs to Terpfen.

I do have more pics, but I prefer to tease :-P

Hack my posted picture ;-)

I have finished alittle bit more of the freedom the wings are awesome on it

from the back i wish i was a better painter i would paint mine, i just do not have the skill or time to learn.

Edited by zeo-mare

from the back i wish i was a better painter i would paint mine, i just do not have the skill or time to learn.

Was meaning to ask, what method do you use to panel line? It looks like u use washes?

I wrecked my brand new Gundam Marker panel lining the Blue Frame. The bitch chewed my gundam marker good. Clean it up using eraser.

i use a sharpie marker for the washes it comes out good, i cover the part entirely with the marker and use a little bit of rubbing alcohol on a q-tip to cover the part and use a good shoft rag to wipe it off, works wonderful, for the main details on the face or little details I use a gundam fine line marker, you do not want to use one of those for the inside parts or for areas that need wash, you will wreck it real quick

I must buy this Freedom kit. :drool:

I'll paint and build mine the same as my PG Zeta, and I'll do a 1/144 Red Astray at the same time.

Edited by Anubis

That's something I noticed when I was building the Red Frame, it ate up the tip to one of 2 of my .04 pens. However, I discovered if your very careful and you go at a certain angle for each line, it wont hurt your pen that much afterwards, I had some pretty nice lines coming from the interior for detail.

I used the same idea when working on my Zeta C1 and it came out really nice.

Today's my b-day too, I was buggin my folks to get me Freedom or the Blue Frame (more freedom than ASTRAY) :( but they wont spend the 50 bucks!!! :o god and when I was a lil kid spendin 50 bucks on a normal day on me for a toy was simple! :p

guys are the mastergrade strike and freedom made with ABS frames? ANd how well do they put up to play? Is it like a durable action model? If it is an ABS frame i might bite!

They use the same type of platic (screwed together) inner frame the MG G Gundam kits used.

They use the same type of platic (screwed together) inner frame the MG G Gundam kits used.

Only with no screws.

No screws ?!? :blink: Damn, looked just like the other inner frames. :(

That kinda sucks. How's the joint tightness so far?

That kinda sucks. How's the joint tightness so far?

It's not that bad. The frame is mostly ABS, but the joints are all polycap based anyways.

The knee joints are a little bit less tight than I would like, but it's nothing major. The thing that really pisses me off are the feet. Pathetic double ankle joint and split feet that drops the model on its face every other second.

It's a good thing I don't have to worry about the Strike, seeing how it's Terpfen's model and not mine, but I hope the MG Freedom doesn't have the same problem.

I swear, someone should kick Bandai's ass for the stupid moving knee gimmick. Dumbest dumbass gimmick EVER.

I almost forgot, wolfx, was it back heavy when you put the sword/backpack back in it's back? It kinda looks like the chest was a bit too upright on the proto pics.

Its kinda back heavy....but not that much a problem. Balances out well when posed properly , as you can see from my photos. Too upright? You mean if it can stand straight in a neutral pose? Yeah, it can. Ya gotta spread the legs a little though.

If you're wondering if it has the same problems as the WGZ custom....no it doesn't. :lol:

That's good to hear!!! :D

That would be ABS plastic.

I thought plastic models kits, including Bandai models were made out of styrene plastic, which is generally much more fragile than the ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) plastic used in toys.

Graham

actually the feet on the freedom are the same as the strike, the moving knee joints suck on this one as well , the only part that i see is loose is the white armor parts around the shins and back half of the leg on mine they are really loose and fall off easy. the inner detail is actually very simple mainly around the arms there is little to no detail

chris

actually the feet on the freedom are the same as the strike, the moving knee joints suck on this one as well , the only part that i see is loose is the white armor parts around the shins and back half of the leg on mine they are really loose and fall off easy. the inner detail is actually very simple mainly around the arms there is little to no detail

chris

The blue frame doesn't have the same problems as the freedom, right?

no because they are completly different, the blue fame is almost identical to the red frame, it does not contain any inner detail or parts that can unhook to see the insides. only problem i see is the fact that it will problly no be able to hold the sword upright :p

no because they are completly different, the blue fame is almost identical to the red frame, it does not contain any inner detail or parts that can unhook to see the insides. only problem i see is the fact that it will problly no be able to hold the sword upright :p

I see. Thanks. When I get the blue frame, I'll at least do some experimenting on the hands, arms area whatever to make it hold the sword upright.

I thought plastic models kits, including Bandai models were made out of styrene plastic, which is generally much more fragile than the ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) plastic used in toys.

Someone's out of touch with Bandai realities :-P

Bandai makes unassembled toys. It's only a natural extension that these so-called models be made in ABS.

Most of a Gundam's inner frame is ABS now. The styrene is reserved for armor pieces and things that don't rub against plastic.

Does anyone recall the first Gundam model to have any form of ABS construction in it as we know it today? I can only remember as far back as the MG Alex and its shoulder joints.

Edited by Stamen0083

:p actually the sword is so big i do not think any mods to the hands or arms will work :p it seems like it is so top heavy that most of the really cool pose's that you can think of are probly out of the question :(

:p actually the sword is so big i do not think any mods to the hands or arms will work :p it seems like it is so top heavy that most of the really cool pose's that you can think of are probly out of the question :(

Hmmmm.......How about tightening the joints or something? I guess not. <_<

i really cannot see any way of tightning the joints, being only a high grade there are no screws only polycaps. the only thing i can think of is glueing but i really do not want to do that to a gundam kit :rolleyes:

Stick a piece of kleenex in between the polycap ear and the hole

that really works? i have never tries that before, i sometimes use a light bit of glue around the edges polycaps hole it sometimes works well, but for this kit it does not seem that the arms will give away from weakness just that the sword is so big that it will problly fall over from the weight. :lol:

N00b!! :-P

gee thanks :rolleyes:

i really cannot see any way of tightning the joints, being only a high grade there are no screws only polycaps. the only thing i can think of is glueing but i really do not want to do that to a gundam kit :rolleyes:

That just bites! <_< I guess you can just pose it either using it as a gatling gun platform, or as a backpack system of some sort or just it's sword pointing downwards and using it as a walking stick. As of the shoulder part that was supposed to be colored blue, can you provide me a pic that shows it accordingly, including some other parts that was suppose to be colored blue?

yea i will take some pics in a little bit of the underside of the astray arm that is really the only part that needs to be painted blue there are a few part s the need that orange though,

chris

that really works? i have never tries that before, i sometimes use a light bit of glue around the edges polycaps hole it sometimes works well, but for this kit it does not seem that the arms will give away from weakness just that the sword is so big that it will problly fall over from the weight. :lol:

What kind of glue? Plastic cement?

Plastic cement would melt the plastic and widen the hole.

Try it. It's been my joint tightening method of choice for years.

yea i will take some pics in a little bit of the underside of the astray arm that is really the only part that needs to be painted blue there are a few part s the need that orange though,

chris

Thanks. That'll help me for sure!

What kind of glue? Plastic cement?

Plastic cement would melt the plastic and widen the hole.

Try it. It's been my joint tightening method of choice for years.

I guess the "tissue solution" is the only good solution here that will not damage the plastic. How about the nail polish solution?

Bandai makes unassembled toys. It's only a natural extension that these so-called models be made in ABS.

Most of a Gundam's inner frame is ABS now. The styrene is reserved for armor pieces and things that don't rub against plastic.

Does anyone recall the first Gundam model to have any form of ABS construction in it as we know it today? I can only remember as far back as the MG Alex and its shoulder joints.

Heh, I stopped buying Gundam models a few years ago.

Graham

Heh, I stopped buying Gundam models a few years ago.

Graham

Lost interest huh?