Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

Hi,

Just started to get into Gundam and will be hoping to build some MG kits. Before I go ahead I would like if some of you could give me some feedback on the 1/144 HG Wing Zero Custom kit I built, so that I can decide whether to paint my MG kits of just panel line them. I don't really have much experience at all building any kits as I used to only build Car Kits which basically you just spray paint the body and paint some of the other parts. For this Kit, I completed using basically brush paint and Gundam marker. Was a bit lazy to sand off the excess sprue but will definetly do that on the MG kits.

Thanks.

post-26-1107684187_thumb.jpg

it looks good, if you liike the Wing Zero you should get the MG version or the PG version they are much nicer. as for wether or not you should paint them it is up to you, i would recomend it. the more you do the better you will get which will only benefit you later on .

chris

here is a color pic of the new RX-78 I am not sure if you have all seen it yet.

chris

yea i know there are alot , this seems to be the nicest of the normal RX-78 that you can get besides the ver. ka. so i guess if you are a fan of the classic RX-78 this is your best bet for the MG ....well at least until they come out with the next ;), i would love to see a upgraded Zeta or Mk-II myself

Edited by zeo-mare

Hi,

Just started to get into Gundam and will be hoping to build some MG kits. Before I go ahead I would like if some of you could give me some feedback on the 1/144 HG Wing Zero Custom kit I built, so that I can decide whether to paint my MG kits of just panel line them. I don't really have much experience at all building any kits as I used to only build Car Kits which basically you just spray paint the body and paint some of the other parts. For this Kit, I completed using basically brush paint and Gundam marker. Was a bit lazy to sand off the excess sprue but will definetly do that on the MG kits.

Thanks.

If you have never build a MasterGrade Kit before, I think it's best for you to build the kit first then decide if you want to color it or would just panel lineing be good enough. With the new MG kits you might be happy with the results already. with just a small amount of panel lineing.

If you do decide to do Panel lines don't over do it. Try to stick with the Mecha interconnecting sections lineing, most of them are straight lines. For white armor plating you might want to try using some lighther color for the panel lines instead of black becuase it's going to make them stand out too much,, unless this is what you want them to focus on.

For painting,, would you be spraying or brushing? If you're only brushing, you might want to use mostly Flat paint because they are easier to paint with and they would blend better over a large ares. If you are spraying remember to do very light coats.

Now for your HG Wing custom, Overall it's ok,, But for the wings areas, the lines are too dark and thick.

The new Master Grade Gundam Zero Custom is very well designed, so if you're into Gundam Wing you should definely get it. Their Wings will even make a Perfect grade Zero look twice. I really like those MG Wings. If only the PG can do that with their wings too :angry:

Edited by F360°

i agree about the Wing Zero the MG one is nicer than the PG one, (i have both so i would know) the wings were much better enginered, and the kit seems superior in everyway, here is a pic of mine it is completly airbrushed and panel lined. right now i am finishing off the Rick Dias i will post some pics soon, i am also airbrushing that from scratch :) i thought about giving it a HCMPRO style design with the little digital camo effects

chris

Thanks for the replies zeo-mare and F360. I have the Wing Zero in MG just sitting in the box waiting to be build. But I will probably start the Aile Strike first.

I'll probably be brushing but may pick up some spray cans for the white parts. For the HG Wing, I used a mix of flat and gloss paint but will be picking up more flat paints later on. The wing area actually turn out worst at first when I just used the Gundam fine marker as the only one I had was black. I tone it down a bit but still pretty thick by going over it with a brush again with white paint but making sure there wasn't much paint left on the brush so that the lines would not have been covered. I think the HG kits is probably harder to paint than the MG as some parts required 2-3 different colours and becos its smaller its harder to stick masking tape on it.

here is a pic of the Rick Dias i am going to use only 3 diferent colors on mine Black, Grey and Red. i found a unique way of panel lineing kits i am going to paint, i do the panel lines first with a gundam marker and then i airbrush the peice, i never paint thick usually very light and when it is done the panel line still shows up through the paint but instead of dark black it is a very light grey and highlights the part perfectly, with out being to contrasting on the figure.

chris

here is a pic of the Rick Dias i am going to use only 3 diferent colors on mine Black, Grey and Red. i found a unique way of panel lineing kits i am going to paint, i do the panel lines first with a gundam marker and then i airbrush the peice, i never paint thick usually very light and when it is done the panel line still shows up through the paint but instead of dark black it is a very light grey and highlights the part perfectly, with out being to contrasting on the figure.

chris

I had done the same in several kits, It is a very good way to obtain thin and soft pannel lines, just dont brush too much paint on a same area or the panel lines will end washing all over the model. Sort of bleeding.

Nice custom job so far.....I FINALLY got my computer back up and running! MMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAN! All I had to do was a complete system restore from scratch and reinstall the DSL software again.......this time its working and working nicely.

I managed to fix up the Impulse a bit....the tail fin is screwed, when I got back the piece I was goign to fix was gone...fell somewhere on the floor and I can't find it.

SO I took my cement glue and I glued the wing in place, and its holding nicely as long as the pack doesn't fall.

I took alot of pictures of some of the new models I got...so when I load the new software again at some point, I'll show ya guys how the Impulse came out.

here is a pic of the Rick Dias i am going to use only 3 diferent colors on mine Black, Grey and Red. i found a unique way of panel lineing kits i am going to paint, i do the panel lines first with a gundam marker and then i airbrush the peice, i never paint thick usually very light  and when it is done the panel line still shows up through the paint  but instead of dark black it is a very light grey and highlights the part perfectly, with out being to contrasting on the figure.

chris

I had done the same in several kits, It is a very good way to obtain thin and soft pannel lines, just dont brush too much paint on a same area or the panel lines will end washing all over the model. Sort of bleeding.

Thanks both for the tips. Will try that on my Red Astray kit. Not brave enough yet to attempt it on the MG kits.

I sorta did that on the Wing Zero but like you said it bleed so I tried to convert the bleeding to weathering :D

Edited by Valk-1S

Does anyone have any Lineart for the Wing Gundam 0 Custom or of the Ver.Ka?

Thanks

First thing is the new 1/144 RGM-79GS, personally I liked this kit. It was a very big step up from the Cold Climate variation that was released a few years back. Better posability and detail. However like the newer style of HG 1/144's.....it follows the samething with the hand a beamsaber being the same piece. I HATE THAT!

However my custom paint job came out wonderfully.

Next my 1/60 Impulse....difficult lil model kit if I say so. A lil dissapointing in its adverisment of "Real detail!".....I had alot of work cut out for me but I got what I needed finished. It wasn't bad, its got some nice posing, and it does carry some impressive detail....however it's truely 1 in the same with the HG 1/100 which is my next project.

*sighs* :unsure: I got ALOT of work to do on that one......

post-26-1107828468.jpg

Thanks for the LineArt dyowelb, its perfect !!!!!

That Impulse and RMG is looking sweet Hikuro Nice Job.

I wish i can post some of the Gundams i did as well, oh well maybe another time.

Not sure yet since I haven't put the 1/100 together.

I did miss alot of painting up areas I'll hit in the 1/100 though, like the top of the skirt and the sides of the feet needed to be aqua grey, but I missed it...I'm also gonna have to mark off some areas cause the wings are completely black with red decals, I don't want that at all. So I'm masking that up tomorrow and when I get home I'm painting the wings that should be part red, part grey than use red.

Canopy will have to be painted as well, I didn't do that in the 1/60 and I wish I did, it'd been alot simpler to perform than 1/100 since its much smaller.

I'm also gonna be more careful since it was my carelessness that broke an improtant piece of the 1/60 Impulse's force pack...

Is it just me or is the 1/100 Impulse kit unproportionate? It looks abit fatter than it should.

i also noticed that, it was the same when they first released the HG 1/100 Strike and Freedom the proportions sucked big time, i am going to wait for a MG version it will most likely be made and i garuntee it will be way better than the HG, (see the Strike and freedom)

chris

hey guys, i bought the PG strike and started the construction yesterday and these are what i've done so far. i'm doing a non-painted version as i know that i'll be touching and playing with it very often :D i might panel line it and add on the decals in the future when i get bored of the clean look:)

i'm no gundam fan and i don't watch gundam except that when i was small :p but this mecha design really got me and knowing that there are various types of strike out there, i think the perfect grade is the way to go for me!

oh by the way, this is my first time building a gundam kit :D

enjoy.... :)

img00011zd.jpg

img00021oc.jpg

img00035ga.jpg

img00049ti.jpg

img00060ye.jpg

img00077yv.jpg

:rolleyes:

0_o I got some sorta tanish variation from the 0080 OAV....I call it a cold climate cause it looks exactly like one...but that version was odd.

The GS has a bit better posing abilities and stronger joints. There was really lil painting to do as well....I knocked that sucker down in a days time.

But like I said, I HATE how Bandai is doing the hand and beamsaber all in one mold...it makes it very difficult for me to paint it correctly!