New Rei figure

wolfx

I love the custom Hikari as a pilot. Very original

Is that Asuka and Hikari figures both custom made?  B))

Yes they are. They basically are heads from the sadamoto gashapon sets...and then repainted Rei bodies. And to think we have worldwide shortage of this figure...this dude has an army....

Edited by wolfx

Haha I like the Nu Rei.

Where's my Perfect Rei already?!?

Vostok 7

Nu Rei has the MKII Vulcan things at the head, Dual Gundam's shield and some generic beam saber. The question is are those 1/144 GUndam accesories? If they are, the Rei is slightly bigger than I thought it would be.

Edited by wolfx

Nice pictures of Rei, Asuka... But I want that Tachikomaaaaa (in the first pic)!!!!! :rolleyes:

Haha I like the Nu Rei.

Where's my Perfect Rei already?!?

Vostok 7

Nu Rei has the MKII Vulcan things at the head, Dual Gundam's shield and some generic beam saber. The question is are those 1/144 GUndam accesories? If they are, the Rei is slightly bigger than I thought it would be.

Looks to me like MSiA parts, which are closer to 1/170.

I think this guy likes Rei.

My intuition tells me so.

:D

I gots me two coming in the mail, was thinking that if I got the 1/60 Queadlunn, maybe she would fit?

Anyone tried that?

Sam

edit got rid of accidental quote :p

Edited by Sam

Now I regret not getting this figure. I had given up on things that I thought were too small to collect such as the EVA SOCs. But look at the detail.

Excuse me while I go back to kicking myself. Better yet... where's my boss... <_<

and in other EVA news.....

From the Diamond Previews catalog:

"NEON GENESIS EVANGELION RENEWAL VOL 1 DVD (MR)SRP: $34.98"

From ADV:

"It has come to our attention that there is some inaccurate information floating around about an upcoming Neon Genesis Evangelion release from ADV Films. Please stay tuned for an official statement about future releases for this title."

very intriguing to say the least

I think that picture is the front cover for a hentai doujin...... :blink:

But anyway the actuay picture was from one of yoshiyuki sadamoto's artbook, Der Mond I think. It featured Hikari in an entry plug, in that orange plug suit and she was communicating with Touji and that nerd guy whose name i forgot, also in plug suits.

Edited by wolfx

I think that picture is the front cover for a hentai doujin...... :blink:

But anyway the actuay picture was from one of yoshiyuki sadamoto's artbook, Der Mond I think. It featured Hikari in an entry plug, in that orange plug suit and she was communicating with Touji and that nerd guy whose name i forgot, also in plug suits.

I have Der Mond, and I don't think that's in there. I'll double check tonight.

Maybe it was in Die Sterne?

Hikari does look pretty good in that there orange plugsuit. She was one of a few characters that should have got more screen time. The nerd guy is Kensuke. Ironically, had things not downward spiraled as they did it would have been likely Hikari and Kensuke would have gotten 05 and 06. The original plan was to have 17 evas after all. And Shinji's entire class were candidates.

I'm waiting to see what they do in the manga.

MANGA SPOILER:

Since Toji actually died in there, I want to see how Shinji faces Hikari since he has to see her again at some point.

Edited by Anubis

Now I regret not getting this figure. I had given up on things that I thought were too small to collect such as the EVA SOCs. But look at the detail.

Excuse me while I go back to kicking myself. Better yet... where's my boss... <_<

Your boss is far too busy kicking himself, my little friend.

Those customs are great, particularly Hikari, great color on the suit.

Oh well... I suppose it would be far too much to hope that somebody actually put these things out normally... maybe at a size bigger than a postage stamp. :huh:

From ADV:

"It has come to our attention that there is some inaccurate information floating around about an upcoming Neon Genesis Evangelion release from ADV Films. Please stay tuned for an official statement about future releases for this title."

What the...? :blink:

From ADV:

What the...? :blink:

yeah exactly