Stopped buying valks.

vf1j4me

Wow, it's been months since my last Valk purchase (1/48 VF1J) and the latest releases don't seem to interest me:

Q-Rau

1/48 VF1J Max / Millia

So I started getting Transformers: MP, Alternators, even Energon...

while I wait for some Macross news...

Now I get an itch to buy another Macross toy, (I guess to even out the growing Transformer army), but I look at the prices and they seem too much. This has not happened before. :( Warning to all, don't stop or you'll find it harder to get back in.

My solution, planned trip to HK / Japan :)

Welcome to the MW Forums vf1j4me.

That's a coincidence because my last Yamato was also a 1/48 VF-1J. At the moment it'd be out of my budget to pick up the Max and Miria Super VF-1J's. So, I decided to pick up the latest in the Binaltech series (Streak and Hound).

But.....I'm also in the market for the new Rau. B))

Like many other MW'ers said....it'll give us more time to save up for the rest of the Macross goodness coming later this year.

I got 2 1/48's and i feel thats enough for me, although 1 more would be nice :)

Well i agree, i find the alternators line is so much more tempting, as each one is unique, not just a change in stripes.

Don't get me wrong, if the YF-19 comes out, itll jump above the alternators in the pecking order of things ^^

I guess i must be cured too. My last Yamato was the VF-1D like a year ago. Since then i've bought Bandai MG kits, TF binaltechs, etc. I've been dying to buy the 1/48 VF-1S but i just can't justify the price... :(

My solution: maybe not eat for a few days , save the money for the 1/48 and get back in the game!!

~Tico

Macross toys are Hotel California: check out any time you like... but you can never leave...

:ph34r:

Case in point: I saw Robotech on TV back in the '80s when it came out in america... I was a teen at the time and buying kid's toys would have been social suicide so I passed on them then. In college, when having nicknacky toys in your loft was considered "kitch" I bought all I could afford on a cheap college boy salary. I stopped when they all burned up in a fire. Years passed and I got back into it all when Yamato started building the new toys a few years back.

Even if the new offerings don't float your boat someday there will be something that drags you back in, kicking and screaming.

:lol:

I haven't picked up a Macross item since the 1/48 J either. I know I'm not cured though, I'm just waiting until something I want comes along.

I've been fulfilling my toy buying urges lately by substituting DC Direct Batman figures for Macross. The sickness never goes away, it just changes focus for a while. ;)

I tired the Alternator line but didn't really like it (although I do really like the MP Prime). I guess it's mainly transforming fighter jets that I'm interested in.

well, it's been about 6 months now since I bought a 1/48 yammy valk, but it's only been 24 hours since I received a free 1/60 yammy valk! :p:D:lol:

I'm new at collecting myself (started less then a year ago) I stopped all thinking about the 1/48's with the 1-J as well (What is it with the 1-J?), so the M+M don't exactly thrill me. But now I find myself going back and grabbing Bandai's, a few 1/60 and such, so it never seems to end. I am jumping on everything plus and 7 right now...

It just seems to change, not die...

Am I gonna be alright? :unsure:

Edited by Phren

Yup..

The high water mark for was 32 Valkyries since 1982, and the various Orguss and Transformers from my childhood in the early early 80's. All the Takatoku 1/55's the 1/100th's and the Bandai 1984-90 issues, Strike, Elint and Super O, Bandai reissues from a year ago. Those Master Piece Collection things from Toynami, those went first! lol. :)

My marraige has forced my to cut back, I have sold or given away many of these over the past year.

I have settled on the finest in my opinion the Taka 1/55 Super, the Bandai Strike and all the Yamato 1/48th scale line. I will be buying both the M&M 1/48th issues.

What I have left: (And will keep!)

Bandai 1/55 VF-1S Strike

Bandai 1/55 VE-1

Takatoku 1/55 VF-1S Super

Takatoku 1/55 GBP-1S Gift Set

Yamato 1/48 VF-1A Low Viz

Yamato 1/48 VF-1S

Yamato 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru

Yamato 1/48 Strike/Super Set (3)

Yamato 1/60 VE-1

Yamato 1/60 VT-1

(coming soon) 1/48 Yamato M&M series

Sold...

Yamato: 1/60 line: VF-1D, VF-1S Strike, VF-1S, VF-1J Super Hik/max/Mir, VF-1A TRU, VF-1A Hikaru/Max

Bandai Reissue line: VF-1J M&M, VF-1J Hikaru, VF-1S Super, VF-1S, VF-1A Hikaru/Cannon Fodder, Original: VF-1A 1/100th, VF-1A 1/55

Takatoku 1/55 line: GBP-1S, VF-1S, VF-1J Max, VF-1J Miria, VF-1J Hikaru, VF-1A Cannon Fodder, 1/100th VF-1S, VF-1A Cannon Fodder, VF-1J Hikaru, VF-1J Max/Miria

Toynami (all) includes armour sets

As you can see, I like these things, but I had to draw the line.

Addictions are tough to overcome.

Erik :(

I may be getting worse. Started with Valks, moved onto TF Alternators, now I'm looking to convert a model car kit into a home built Alternator. I've gone from buying transformable toys, to building my own.

My name is Greyryder, and I'm a junky. :o

Screw it! There are worse habits to have. :D

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!! I'M NOT ALONE!!!!! :lol:

Man, sometimes it's tough justifying why I collect stuff to my girl and family, but I can't help it. The stuff is just so damn cool! As long as Yamato keeps pumping out Valks, I'll never stop. Geez ... I don't even want to think about ever having to sell or get rid of my games, comics, and toys! :(

You guys kill me... seriously, you really do make it sound like you are struggling with crack, not toys.

Buy what you want, when you can afford it. If nothing Yamato is offering over the last few months is what you want, then don't buy it. Wait until they make something you like.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys are just addicted to open packages from UPS. :lol:

Well, for me it's not enough room to display more valks and a bit of a financial crunch due to me buy a bunch of TF Energon toys. I really want to get the Max and Milla VF-1J's, but I don't have anywhere to put them right now.

I've fallen out of the macross craze...maybe it's just cuz Yamato's stuff isn't for me. I'm still at heart a chunky monkey. that's just how it is. I only bought the low viz 1/48. I'm not even sure if I want the Q-Rau, but I figure it's something that's never been made, so I might get it, but if I don't have it, i don't think I'll be all that disappointed. But if/when the monsters come rollin out...I don't know if I will be able to go without one of those bad boys.

I haven't bought a valk since the 1/48 Hikaru VF-1J without fast packs came out. As of right now, I don't intend to buy the M & M 1/48s. The Milia is a big maybe.

I'd buy a CF 1/48 but I doubt Yamato will make one.

I'll never buy a 1/60 VF again. They look good but they turn into a floppy mess.

The last new valk I bought was the original release of the VF-1S 1/48. That was...cripes, over a year ago now! Between then and now the only Macross toy I've bought is a cheap VF-17A. The only thing I really want as far as new things go is the Q-Rau, but it's way out of my price range. I'll probably buy the VF-0 when it comes out, but that's a pretty rickety probably. It wont take much for me to end up passing on it.

I still love Macross just as much as ever, but I can only handle so many VF-1 toys. I really doubt I'll ever buy another one unless a new super-deformed version hit's the market. Until then, I'll be happy with the various other things I collect.

Well, I thought I was cured, the last Macross item I bought was the Yamato 1/60 VF-1S Roy Focker (pre-FAST pack), back when it was released. I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much for a 1/48.

However, now things have changed, I am selling my Mac+ valks and the VF-1S to get a 1/48 w/ FAST packs ^^

Sometimes I wonder if you guys are just addicted to open packages from UPS.  :lol:

That's not true...

USPS is just as good!

Besides, unlike crack I can stop anytime I want!

ANYTIME!

It's just I don't want to... I loves it... I needs it! Must have more

CUZ IT FEELS SOOOO GOOOOOOOOD!...

Nope, you are not cured, actually you are getting worse.

It's kinda like quiting smoking for taking drugs.

TF toys is a more bottomless pit than Macross.

Now... i'm struggling to decide whether I should

by BT-03 and 04, I already got 01,02 and Optimus Prime.

I know if I buy 03 and 04, I may enter a whole new

frontier that I can't afford in the end.

Sigh.... delimma.

The last time I bought a valk was a year ago. No toys have been bought since. The "streak" will end on the third week of this month when I'll get myself a superposable spidey figure. How's that for a dry spell?

OMG , the world is about to end!

the 1/48 trend is starting to dissapear ? :blink:

Does this mean the decline of the 1/48 line ? :ph34r:

Dun dun dun :lol:

Hahah not really. I think the line just needs to be refreshed.

For some reason I got really excited about the Q-rau (1/60 btw) and then when it actually came out, I just couldn't justify spending $120+ on a hunk of plastic that can't transform. I look at the new M&M's and while I am intereted in the Miriya (millia... miria... has it been so long?), the Max 1J seems like a complete waste of money.

1/48 destroids? :D I'd bite. :(

I'll never buy a 1/60 VF again. They look good but they turn into a floppy mess.

not true...well atleast in fighter mode. :p

though it has the "loose factor" i think they're great as long as you got some balancing skills. :lol:

i played with a 1/60 max the other day, along with my 1/48 1J and i must say the 1/60's are so much more poseable than the 1/48. don't get me wrong the 1/48s are pretty cool but i like that the 1/60's are afforable and you can get so many different poses out of them.

my last purchase,

i fortunately/unfortunately bought a couple of 1/48s(before i knew i had to get ankle surgery :( ) and couldn't bring myself to back out of the deal. yeah i need the money more but i'd feel like a total hypocrite since i hate it when people back out on me. it also didn't help that the seller was doing me a HUGE favor to top it off. i wish i could've reneg-ed on the deal but it just isn't right after i paid and he got everything ready to go....thats shits just foul. :blink:

that will be my last macross purchase for a long time....damn my ankle! :angry: