Help! Max and Millia topic

macplus

WHOA WHOA WHOA!

Very nice find macplus. B))

I think the Max and Miria scene was supposed to be included because scene was part of the (final?) script. In the end they might have run out of funds to animate the entire scene.

Where'd you find these pics? :ph34r:

These images are actually from Macross 7. Its from the episode where Basara plays Hikaru and Mylene is playing Minmei in the movie that is being filmed aboard the Macross 7 Fleet. While at the party for the film, before filming, both Max and Millia are being introduced to those at the party and their meeting and romance are kinda explained with images of the two fo them fighting (Max in the VF-1) each other then it moves to the wedding which is where these screencaps are from.

WHOA WHOA WHOA!

Very nice find macplus. B))

I think the Max and Miria scene was supposed to be included because scene was part of the (final?) script. In the end they might have run out of funds to animate the entire scene.

Where'd you find these pics? :ph34r:

The pics come from here: http://alanmccain.topcities.com/ great site by the way, the owner is a MW member but I don't remember his name, way to go buddy!

And on the other hand thank's for the input guys! I saw M7 but I can't remember those pics, probably because I Fast forwarded a lot, I find M7 to be quite anoying...

Actually, the scenes "are" from DYRL. More accurately, the Macross continuity version which includes Max & Milia's wedding (originally planned for the real world version, but never animated), Global actually signing an armistace treaty with Britai, Max & Milia fighting it out before the Macross landed on Earth to piock up Hikaru & Misa, amongst other scenes.

They are however only shown in Macross 7, but are not part of "The Lin Minmei Story."

It's interesting that they would be wearing what looks like a Zentran/Meltran traditional wedding ceremony garment, but why would there be such things,if they were always in war... :p

Seeing the line art in the Gold book I thought they were married while they were macronized. :huh: I need to watch M7 again. :rolleyes:

Actually, the scenes "are" from DYRL. More accurately, the Macross continuity version which includes Max & Milia's wedding (originally planned for the real world version, but never animated), Global actually signing an armistace treaty with Britai, Max & Milia fighting it out before the Macross landed on Earth to piock up Hikaru & Misa, amongst other scenes.

They are however only shown in Macross 7, but are not part of "The Lin Minmei Story."

The scenes are from the showing of A MOVIE in M7... As there are different scenes in that DYRL at least the DYRL we have seen, (as in the one that came out in 84) it is obviously a different movie.

Keith is correct on the rest of the M7 details though.

It's interesting that they would be wearing what looks like a Zentran/Meltran traditional wedding ceremony garment, but why would there be such things,if they were always in war... :p

Seeing the line art in the Gold book I thought they were married while they were macronized. :huh:  I need to watch M7 again. :rolleyes:

That's why none of it makes any bloody sense.

Max and Millia DID get married in DYRL in these garments, in a Metran style wedding, whatever the hell that is, but we just don't see it.

Now, M7 continuity tells us that Max was never macronized, rather Miria was micronized. Hence the suit-wearing humans surrounding them in this picture.

So what's the truth? Who cares?! After looking at Exedore's inexplicably bulbous head, everything to do with continuity is messed up anyway (apparently, he was never micronized, either. Into Room 101 you go, original series!).

By all means watch M7 again, but there's no point if you're looking for answers...

Edited by Renato

Besides, those scenes were apparently from the movie DYRL (the movie within the anime, not the real DYRL?) and might just be actors acting as Max and Milia, not Max and Milia themselves.

I don't know what to think anymore.............. :lol:

Apparently Max & Milia did play themselves in the movie (at least I think there's something at the compendium saying as much), as did Exedor. So Max was definately at one point Macronized if that's true.

BTW, Exedor was micronized, he just chose to go back to being Macronized & have his mental upgrade because he feared he was losing his memory capacity as a miclone.

Max and Millia DID get married in DYRL in these garments, in a Metran style wedding, whatever the hell that is, but we just don't see it.

Now, M7 continuity tells us that Max was never macronized, rather Miria was micronized. Hence the suit-wearing humans surrounding them in this picture.

So what's the truth? Who cares?! After looking at Exedore's inexplicably bulbous head, everything to do with continuity is messed up anyway (apparently, he was never micronized, either. Into Room 101 you go, original series!).

The answer is simple.

Kawamori has stated that the REAL story is the TV series. The DYRL movie is supposed to be a movie based on the TV series.

So Max was never macronised.

The answer is simple.

Kawamori has stated that the REAL story is the TV series. The DYRL movie is supposed to be a movie based on the TV series.

The wording on that is incorrect. Kawamori never stated that the "real" story is the TV series. They use the TV series as a basis for the rest of the series' continuity, however, the real story is neither the TV series, nor DYRL?.

http://www.anime.net/macross/story/encyclo...ar_i/index.html

Shoji Kawamori and the rest of Studio Nue have left their options open on which version protrays the war the most accurately. ("The real Macross is out there, somewhere. If I tell the story in the length of a TV series, it looks one way, and if I tell it as a movie-length story, it's organized another way.") For the Macross Chronology that provides the framework for all Macross projects by Studio Nue however, Kawamori and Masahiro Chiba decided to rely on the television series's story.

BTW, Exedor was micronized, he just chose to go back to being Macronized & have his mental upgrade because he feared he was losing his memory capacity as a miclone.

Except that the narrator (Ray) in Mac7 tells us that Exedore has not been micronized. Gah!

The answer is simple.

Yes, it's so simple.

The real story is the TV show... So who sang the song "Do You Remember, Love"??

Minmay? Well, if the movie was made in 2030-whatever, how could she? She was dead, or missing, or whatever!

Yet that record remains her most famous song within the Macross universe. Interesting, since according to the series, she never sang it.

And also, why the hell is Max's other daughter, Emilia, macronized?

The answer is simple.

To correct your statement:

"Kawamori has stated that the REAL story is the TV series. The DYRL movie (as of 10 years after it was produced) is supposed to be a movie based on the TV series."

The real story is the TV show... So who sang the song "Do You Remember, Love"??

Minmay? Well, if the movie was made in 2030-whatever, how could she? She was dead, or missing, or whatever!

Yet that record remains her most famous song within the Macross universe. Interesting, since according to the series, she never sang it.

Couldn't the song have been written and sung after the TV series but before the launch of the Megaroad?

Not that I think the TV series necessarily has to be the absolute, literal version of the events of SW1. There are any number of details that could be changed without affecting the overall continuity.

I do think the movie must be more "fictionalized", though. For example, it's hard to believe that Kamujin was "really" more like the DYRL version.

I remember I read a "macross history" in the Mcross 7 trash comic book .

it state that about the movie version " do you remember love" ,

was finalize as a movie that was shoot at 2031 in the Macross History.

as the same years as Mylene Jenius Born.

so, we can known that dyrl not a real story, all the story are continue

from the TV story.

as we see Miria wearing a old TV pilot suit and her re-paint VF-1J

(have few different with the original one ).

Edited by 柿崎速雄

I remember I read a "macross history" in the Mcross 7 trash comic book .

it state that about the movie version " do you remember love" ,

was finalize as a movie that was shoot at 2031 in the Macross History.

as the same years as Mylene Jenius Born.

so, we can known that dyrl not a real story, all the story are continue

from the TV story.

as we see Miria wearing a old TV pilot suit and her re-paint VF-1J

(have few different with the original one ).

What I don't get is why she's not wearing her old red and white pilot suit. :huh: