Yamato future products.

Godzilla

Ok,

I am a little concerned here how someone who posted here said they came back from Japan and said they were surprised in not seeing Macross as much as he thought. Now something in my mind started rolling and what I came up with was not good.

If the popularity is not as great for Macross now, Yamato may just stop making valks after Max and Millia. That would definitely make a 1/48 2 seater VF and a CF definitely out of the question. Any thoughts on this?

After Max & Millia, Yamato a pretty much run out of choices for valks. There probably will be a CF but I'm not holding my breath for two seaters any time soon. The 1A molds are already there. I'm sure well see another variation sooner or later.

I think there is still a chance that the two seaters will be made though. Simply because the choices are running out and Yamato probably wants to make as much money as they can from their Macross license. Even, if they don't continue producing valks, I want mind if they give us some enemy mecha.

Edited by scand

Ya know yamato shows absolutely no signs of stopping no matter how it seems it may not b that popular in japan. I wouldnt even worry man. Bear in mind they actually make quality products that SELL(yea toynami try n do that with your VF-1s)

So dont worry dude they actyally havbe the balls to do enemy mecha and hell they even beat bandai in the sales market. SO I say yamato is doing good. Bear in mind they are doing toys noone has even bothered to do before and that there says t me they got balls bein that they are a small company and all.

Paranoid fairytales

once spread, very hard to kill

especially since there are already more 1/48's than originally were planned by yamato

Unless someone can give us official word that Yamato will actually stop producing

new valks

don't get your panties in a twist

(ofcourse sometime in the future Yamato WILL drop the line and we'll have all these

Doomsday prophets saying "I told you so, I told you so!"

- we all know nothing lasts forever!)

Bleah, just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not popular.

If Macross was not popular, Yamato's VF-1 line would have never made it out of the 1/60 stage. Hell, it would have never made it out of the TRUJ CF stage.

Actually, though I have no concrete confirmation of this, it IS theoretically possible that Yamato MAY proliferate the 1/48 scale in the future.

I think the reason that we haven't seen this done YET, is that Yam are trying to exploit the 1/60 scale as much as possible, and very obviously, they're avoiding parallel marketing in 1/48 so as not to cannibalize their own market. Also, the 1/60 line serves as something of a market evaluation series. I guess that if an item sells well enough in 1/60, they would most probably consider scaling-up later if market research and sales justify it.

Perfect example, just look at Bandai: with regards to almost any Gundam series, they almost always invariably start with releasing the cheaper skus of the MS first, and gradually work their way up the ladder if sales are good. They also dis this with Eva; releasing the LM, then HG, and finally a MG.

Anyhoo, getting back to Macross, Zentradi Regults & Glaugs would be very feasible: the pods are infinitely less complex than Valkyries to engineer, and I dare say that certain components like the main head piece & the Glaug's massive arm cannons could be blow-molded in PVC to save on cost, while still being very well detailed. With regards to packaging, a Regult could very well fit in the same size box as the 1/48 Super Valk, all you have to do is collapse the legs.

With regards to a 1/48 GBP-1 set, this could be sold as a stand-alone set without the Valkyrie, just like the FAST packs. Very feasible to get something in the 7800-9800Y price-point.

As with anything, time will tell if Yamato take the plunge.

I think the only thing that can plausibly (in the foreseeable future) take yamato down is if bandai decides to competitively enter the macross market with newly sculpted, cheaper (as in more value for the money) valkyries. Yamato really has the lion's share of the macross market and though I'm very fond of it's products, they're really stretching it when it comes to price. (In my Opinion :) )

Anyway, it's unlikely that this is going to happen anytime soon. ;) Bandai has no real reason to invest in a macross market that's relatively miniscule compared to that of say gundam or even evangelion. Though I wish Bandai or any sort of REAL competition would come by, our market simply isn't big enough.

And as for yamato... Stop making valks? Stop making 1/48? nah.... They're comfortable with what they have right now. As long as they've got us by the balls, they'll keep making valks for a while... they got a ton of material to work with, they just have to get to it. I honestly don't think anything is out of the question (including two seaters) simply because they said it was unlikely in the past. Since when did anything they say hold up ENTIRELY?

Lastly for Japan, I think the japanese fans are a bit more conservative with their money (for anime) compared to foreigners. Given the high saturation of all the anime they produce and watch every year, and also given the choices, a $110 plastic 20-year-old-design valkyrie and $60 plastic fastpack would be easily passed on for gazillion other alternatives. I honestly don't think they have as much nostalgia for Macross as we do. The reason gundam is doing so well is because they crank out another new series every 2 years or so. How many did us macross fans have for the past 20 years? only 4...

Anyway... I don't think you should worry, Yamato isn't going anywhere...

Edit: Typo

Edited by Nani?!

Well all this talk about Yamato will or will not do it because how things sell. I mean they thought the sales of the 2 seaters were pretty low but you have to remember that the 1/48s came out and so did everyone assume they will release it for 1/48 as well? I mean Yamato essentially did cannibalized the market. I would definitely like to get the GBP but not in the 1/60 scale. But if there will not be one for the 1/48, I have to consider buying the 1/60 scale.

Well all this talk about Yamato will or will not do it because how things sell. I mean they thought the sales of the 2 seaters were pretty low but you have to remember that the 1/48s came out and so did everyone assume they will release it for 1/48 as well? I mean Yamato essentially did cannibalized the market. I would definitely like to get the GBP but not in the 1/60 scale. But if there will not be one for the 1/48, I have to consider buying the 1/60 scale.

GBP for 1/48 is not confirmed...

and that's basically it...

I think we're bound to see it someday. Afterall it's just a separate armor accessory kit like the fast packs... the engineering for it wouldn't be too difficult for yamato.

you know what I wan't that's more doubtful of happening?

Reissue the LOW VIS!!!! :lol:

Well all this talk about Yamato will or will not do it because how things sell.

If this were true the 1/48 Max would've never become reality

I bet the 1/60 Max version sold worse than the TRU/Regular Cannon Fodder(for what the rumours say about that)

Edited by Nightbat®

Silly rabbits...

It's funny that the paranoid fear thread always shows up after somebody visits Japan and realizes that Macross isn't sold on every street corner and doesn't have a theme park over there.

Do you see Toynami Robotech Masterpiece toys in every store in the US... I don't, but apparently they're doing fine. Same goes for most collector shop toys, domestic or import.

It's a niche market and Yamato knows this. Give them some credit.

Also... even if Yamato does slow down with the 1/48 VF-1 line... there's always the possibility of bigger scale Mac Plus valks, Mac Zero valks, and the other 9 million valk designs found in Kawamori Designworks.

So now that we've established that Macross fever isn't running rampant across Japan, maybe we can all be patient and enjoy the toys as they come.

I don´t care if they stopped producing Vf-1s tomorrow , if it´s for me I would actually be glad they do that , what I do care about is whether they´re in the conditions to justify expanding their macross line to other series like game based valkyries such as the VF-5000 or the VF-9 , we know Bandai still doesn´t give up on their M7 license even though those bas%$·? don´t produce a single toy from such license.

Well all this talk about Yamato will or will not do it because how things sell. I mean they thought the sales of the 2 seaters were pretty low but you have to remember that the 1/48s came out and so did everyone assume they will release it for 1/48 as well?  I mean Yamato essentially did cannibalized the market.  I would definitely like to get the GBP but not in the 1/60 scale. But if there will not be one for the 1/48, I have to consider buying the 1/60 scale.

GBP for 1/48 is not confirmed...

and that's basically it...

I think we're bound to see it someday. Afterall it's just a separate armor accessory kit like the fast packs... the engineering for it wouldn't be too difficult for yamato.

you know what I wan't that's more doubtful of happening?

Reissue the LOW VIS!!!! :lol:

What I would like to see instead of a reissue of THE low viz, is make a new limited low viz 1J or 1S with different markings. That way, its distinct enough from the original 1A.

I am really contimplating buying a regular 1J and making it into the VFX9 Vampires. Just need to find decal sheets for it.

I'm pretty much done with the 1/48 VF-1 line, I purchased enough clear fast pack kits with the plan on purchasing the 1/48 M&Ms, but I decided not to buy them for various reasons, 1 being that I already have them in 1/60 scale, so I'll have 2 kits to unload later.

Now if Yamato did release another low viz in 1J or 1S form, I'd buy that, I'd really like it if they would release a Max TV VF-1A in 1/48. The mold's there, just repaint it.

I'd also get the GBP in 1/48, I have it for the 1/55, preordered for the 1/60, so having it for the 1/48 would complete my GBP VF-1J line :)

I wouldn't expect any future Yamato's to be 1/48. The VF-1 is special and is the most popular so Yamato did something special for it. The only exception would be Mac+ toys because they are second most popular. However, since they are much larger, they wouldn't be 1/48 but something a little less. I'm just hoping the new yf-19 is going to be larger than the first, and not smaller.

The way I see it, there might be one more 1/48 VF-1, a VF-1A CF, and that's it. Everything else would require new designs and time away from their current projects. However, I would say the chances would be slim because all other VF-1A CF toys were poor sellers. Sad but true.

I swear... you guys have 1/48 on the brain... who f-ing cares if they're in 1/48 or not?? I love the detail, these things are really great, but they eat up a LOT of shelf-space. There are plenty of other effective scales to make future products in. 1/100, 1/72, and 1/60 are all just fine, and probably a HELL of a lot cheaper.....

I swear... you guys have 1/48 on the brain... who f-ing cares if they're in 1/48 or not?? I love the detail, these things are really great, but they eat up a LOT of shelf-space. There are plenty of other effective scales to make future products in. 1/100, 1/72, and 1/60 are all just fine, and probably a HELL of a lot cheaper.....

I care about 1/48. I wasn't a fan of toys this size until I saw the detail and complexity that can be packed in. The 1/48 Hikaru VF-1S w/ strike packs is one of the best toys ever produced in my opinion. I would love to have some other valks in the same general size (not necessarily the same scale).

I enjoy my 1/60 & 1/72 collection as well. They are a decent size, have decent detail, feature quality materials and have decent amount of complexity. Any valk that Yamato puts out that has good quality, good detail and minimal parts swapping will get my interest. I'm not a fan of extensive parts swapping since I like to look at the jet and know there is a robot inside, not that there are parts that can be used to make a robot sitting in the drawer.

I care about 1/48. I wasn't a fan of toys this size until I saw the detail and complexity that can be packed in. The 1/48 Hikaru VF-1S w/ strike packs is one of the best toys ever produced in my opinion. I would love to have some other valks in the same general size (not necessarily the same scale).

I enjoy my 1/60 & 1/72 collection as well. They are a decent size, have decent detail, feature quality materials and have decent amount of complexity. Any valk that Yamato puts out that has good quality, good detail and minimal parts swapping will get my interest. I'm not a fan of extensive parts swapping since I like to look at the jet and know there is a robot inside, not that there are parts that can be used to make a robot sitting in the drawer.

I agree with VF-1 guy. It was the 1/48s that drew me in. The 1/60s were ok. I know bigger isnt necessarily better but looking at this, it is certainly the case.

I hope this doesn't devolve into yet another "I like 1/48ths"/"Yamato should stop making 1/48ths" pissing contest. I think everyone agrees that Yamato should not make 1/48ths exclusively, and I highly doubt there's any danger of Yamato considering that anyways.

There are toys out there that are much larger than the 1/48 VF-1 series, and some of us have plenty of shelf space for them.Some of us happen to like the large size a 1/48th VF-22 would be, and also happen to like the idea of having our Valks in scale to one another, and happen to prefere the 1/48th line.

The 1/48ths are expensive and large, some of us can't afford them, don't have shelf space for them, and just plain do not want them. Some of us don't give a damn about our toys being in scale and would rather all of our Valks stood at about the same height.

Let us agree that we have different tastes. Let us agree that those who want the 1/48ths can buy them if Yamato makes them, and those of us that don't want them can go to Yamato's growing collection of 1/72nds, 1/60ths, and now 1/100ths.

• 3 years later...

I really want a 1/60 VF-0D?

Will Yamato ever make one?

I am also curious if they will make an SDF-1. If they do then I may not get the wave model but if they do not then I will have to.

BUT seriously, when are they going to do the 1/60 VF-0D?

Edited by miriya

Chances ares good (well in my eyes anyways) that the VF-0D will be the next big release of yamato after the new VF-1. This conclusion is based off the VF-0, Yf-19, Sv-51, YF-21 release pattern. So if you figure they just made a YF-21 what will they make next from Mac 0, maybe a VF-0D?

The 1/48s will go down in market value imo when 1/60 comes out. Mainly I think because they look to have comparable amount of detail, twoseater are coming for 1/60, and 1/60 is going to be the main scale from now on.

1/48 might be for the diehard collector who wants everything. But those who can't forgive the hanging arms in fighter mode, have no space, and prefer the smaller size (because it means you can afford to get them all) I think will be glad there is a smaller cheaper and more complete alternative to buy.

I like to think of the 1/48 as more a masterpiece line that you weren't really meant to 'collect', ie you were just supposed to get the one you wanted the most and then that was it. (so the size issue wasn't a problem if you were a poor guy :D)

But the 1/60 is more the average guy's price/scale/line where it may be posible to try to get valks that you probably wouldn't want to own as a masterpiece. (for example stuff like the cannon fodder which would probably get ignored by people who are not fans of the scheme or who only collect the flashy ace pilots from the anime. The CF always get ignored.)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

It's interesting/funny to go back and read everything. Who woulda thought it would take around 4 years for the 1/48 line to die and not due to no more paintschemes but do to a better 1/60 VF-1 with the same features as its bigger brother.

What amazes me is that not too long ago all I wanted to was a half way decent

representation of a Valk. There weren't many options. Pickings were scarce at best.

Yeah Bandai was nice but Yamato showed up and did it better. So the 1/60 was

there to save the day. ( only i didn't care for the whole leg thing) Then 1.48 showed up

and that was the end all. Must have it !! Now Kaiyodo Revoltech does them too

and Here I am trying to figure out how I'm gonna display all the Macross Valks that are out

there and Now that Yamato is making the 1/60 Perfect Transformation Vf-1 and the word is out about

the Destroid Tomahawk it couldn't get much better. :D

destroid tomahawk:

http://robotjapan.proboards12.com/index.cg...read=1203663923