Street Fighter III ................. PS2

People still play Street Fighter? :blink:

I stopped playing that back in High School. After they introduced Fei Long, T Hawk, Cammy, and that Jamaican Kickboxer I stopped playing for a pretty long time. :(

Actually I haven't played a fighting game in ages. Last one I tinkered with was Gundam Battle Assault 2 for a little bit, and before that someone else's X-men vs. Street Fighter and Tekken III a few years ago.

I used to like SF something like 10 years ago... It is incredible how Capcom has managed to milk the series for so long...

My grandchildren will be playing "Super Street Fighter MCXXVIII Mega Ultra Champion Special Ultimate Fighter Tournament Edition" one day. :p

Quite possibly only in Japan. Sony seems to be quite serious with their new "no more 2D" stance on US PS2's. Capcom Vs Snk: Chaos is XBox-only in the US, as Sony said no, purely because it's 2D.

The basic idea is that they don't want "old-looking" games on their new high-end system, that 2D only belongs on the PSX etc. :p:p:p

Quite possibly only in Japan. Sony seems to be quite serious with their new "no more 2D" stance on US PS2's. Capcom Vs Snk: Chaos is XBox-only in the US, as Sony said no, purely because it's 2D.

The basic idea is that they don't want "old-looking" games on their new high-end system, that 2D only belongs on the PSX etc. :p:p:p

Seriously!! They even refused to release Metal Slug 3 in the US!!! :angry:

SOny is going to lose alot of fans for this... and too bad the Xbox controller blows for fighters. :(

I can't seem to see the page.... which version is this? 3rd impact or 2nd or a brand new version?

No more 2-d games in the US from Sony? How about no more crappy 3-D platform games ugh

So I guess Hyper Street Fighter 10th Ann. isn't coming here either.

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/SLPM-65496.html

What about the Guilty Gear games for the US? Those blow Capcom's 2-D games outta the water. Too bad about Metal Slug. That bites. Anyword on the 2-D Samurai Spirits/Showdown game?

Actually I haven't played a fighting game in ages. Last one I tinkered with was Gundam Battle Assault 2 for a little bit, and before that someone else's X-men vs. Street Fighter and Tekken III a few years ago.

What a coincidence! Those were the same games I played ages ago.

No more 2-d games in the US from Sony? How about no more crappy 3-D platform games ugh

So I guess Hyper Street Fighter 10th Ann. isn't coming here either.

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/SLPM-65496.html

What about the Guilty Gear games for the US? Those blow Capcom's 2-D games outta the water. Too bad about Metal Slug. That bites. Anyword on the 2-D Samurai Spirits/Showdown game?

Its all rooted to the fact that Sony is only interested in showing the PS2 3D prowless.... or lack of. They see having 2D games as a weakness. Oh well..... most 2D fighters released on the PS2/PSX were done better in other consoles, and I doubt SF3 will be any different. <_<

Edited by Abombz!!

Hopefully (Hori?) will make some X-box 6-button pads, like they've done for most every other system now.

What's it matter? Joysticks are better anyways.

Of course, Hori makes those too, as I recall. Often with special game-specific artwork.

My grandchildren will be playing "Super Street Fighter MCXXVIII Mega Ultra Champion Special Ultimate Fighter Tournament Edition" one day. :p

Then they'll make it Turbo and milk it for another year.

I didn't realize there WAS a SF3 3rd strike. I didn't really enjoy SF3.

Another Darkstalkers game I third.  :)

And 3rd Strike was a great game...what III shoulda been in the first place.  I'm glad I kept my Dreamcast...2D fighters galore. :D

KOF and SFA/SFZero 3 was great on DC! Long live the Dreamcast!

Edited by gerwalk25

Quite possibly only in Japan.  Sony seems to be quite serious with their new "no more 2D" stance on US PS2's.  Capcom Vs Snk: Chaos is XBox-only in the US, as Sony said no, purely because it's 2D.

The basic idea is that they don't want "old-looking" games on their new high-end system, that 2D only belongs on the PSX etc.  :p  :p  :p

SOny is going to lose alot of fans for this... and too bad the Xbox controller blows for fighters. :(

I can't seem to see the page.... which version is this? 3rd impact or 2nd or a brand new version?

So that's the reason why the PS2 version of Metal Slug 3 got canned!?!? Sony Entertainment, you suck! :angry:

Sony's got to learn that great games can be either 2D or 3D, just as crappy games can be either be 2D or 3D. In the months and years ahead, Sony will probably give its blessings to many a crappy 3D game that will sell in far less quantities then Metal Slug 3 would have. <_<

BTW, does anyone know how well Metal Slug X for the PS1 did when it was released in 2001? I snagged the game immeadiately when it first came out... after that, it was very hard to find.

So that's the reason why the PS2 version of Metal Slug 3 got canned!?!? Sony Entertainment, you suck! :angry:

Sony's got to learn that great games can be either 2D or 3D, just as crappy games can be either be 2D or 3D.

You miss the point.

SCEA(as it's just the american branch policy) doesn't CARE if the game's good.

They're catering to the graphics whores.

The people that think FMV makes a game good, that a flashy bad game is better than a subdued great game, that buy every new sports game release and have about 12 copys of EA Football with mildly diffrent team rosters and nothing else, et cetera.

Quite possibly only in Japan.  Sony seems to be quite serious with their new "no more 2D" stance on US PS2's.  Capcom Vs Snk: Chaos is XBox-only in the US, as Sony said no, purely because it's 2D.

The basic idea is that they don't want "old-looking" games on their new high-end system, that 2D only belongs on the PSX etc.  :p  :p  :p

If they want it this way so be it, their DOWNFALL has began because of the rejection of 2D games idiots ! (LET`EM WHO CARES) like this they`ll lose support from their consumers and new ones who wanna buy a PS2. I bet the PSP will be also only for 3D games. It`s like when the original PS was launched also back then no to 2D but later their policy changed.

Other companies will take this advantage like we already seen with the XBOX and I hope Nintendo will follow too.

At least in Japan Sony still suppport`s 2D !

If they want it this way so be it, their DOWNFALL has began because of the rejection of 2D games idiots ! (LET`EM WHO CARES) like this they`ll lose support from their consumers and new ones who wanna buy a PS2.

Except it won't.

Sony's already pretty sure they can survive on nothing but graphics whores and die-hard fanboys.

Sales #s for games and systems supports the theory.

The average person buying video games(I refuse to use the term gamer to describe said heathens) doesn't CARE if the game plays like a bag of crap. They just want something that looks pretty and carries a recognized name, be it Final Fantasy, Grand Theft Auto, or EA Sports.

They don't really care about the content beause they'll just be randomly mashing buttons once every month or so anyways, and probably never without the aid of a GameShark or Action Replay. But they'll be glad to tell you everything that's wrong with Valkyrie Profile or Metal Slug without ever touching it(perhaps without ever seeing it).

And it will come down to "outdated graphics" and "ugly graphics" and "16-bit graphics".

But these retards are the majority of the people, and if Sony can tap them(which they have) they can claim to have the vast majority of the video game market(which I suppose is technically true).

I'd love to see someone say what's "wrong" with Valk Profile. Game's nearly flawless, and in my all-time top 5. And has greater replay value than most any RPG, with the two ENTIRELY different endings. (Ending meaning "the last 15 hours of gameplay")

I forgot to say... its the American branch that is coming up with this crap... not the japanese branch. Japan is still getting a ton of 2D games.

This whole policy has to do with the fact that the PS2 just can't compete with the other 2 consoles in the graphics department, so releasing 2D games only makes the PS2 look worse. :rolleyes: