Why hasn't Yamato built a SDF-1

Live_Wire212

Just wondering if Yamato is ever planning to sculpt a SDF-1 .... if not then why i mean it is after all a very important part of Macross and the sorce of the technology responsible for the valks that we all love .... I presonaly would like to see them make one

Just wondering if Yamato is ever planning to sculpt a SDF-1 .... if not then why i mean it is after all a very important part of Macross and the sorce of the technology responsible for the valks that we all love .... I presonaly would like to see them make one

It's been rumored and I'm sure a lot of people would love to see it. However, I'm not a big fan of large objects being scaled down so extreme. SDF-1 isn't one of the more thrilling designs of macross either.

One more thing, no pics in the sig.

I'd love to see one in a reasonable size (around 30 cm in storm attack mode height).

Don't know what scale Yamato would choose to use, but hopefully they make at least one version in time, once some more of the valks are out of they way. I just don't want to pay more than a 1/48 VF-1 w/fast packs for it.

Edited by Anubis

Yamato should make one at 1/3000, the same size as the old Takatoku with upgraded details. All plastic to save on weight and price. They should also include removable armds x 2, Prometheus and Deadalus so we can have TV and DRYL versions. Make it cheaper than the Q-Rau and we have a sure fire winner.

I'll take two. One in storm attacker mode and one in battle cruiser mode.

I would much rather have the DYRL version.

Just prior to the release of Yamato's 1/60 VF1s, I believe that Graham had divulged that a MACROSS/SDF-1 was surprisingly low in demand amongst fans...If you recall, Yamato actually had a little poll going on on its website 2-3 years ago inquiring about what fans would like to see made. the Macross was virtually at the bottom of the list. Probably the reason it hasn't been/won't be tackled.

If they make one, I would like to see a DYRL version.

Also, Storm Attacker is a non-issue for me, I would be happy with a really nice cruiser mode as long as the ARMD platforms could be extended etc.

And it would have to be at least 1/3000 scale. No SOC teenyness!!

If they make one, I would like to see a DYRL version.

Also, Storm Attacker is a non-issue for me, I would be happy with a really nice cruiser mode as long as the ARMD platforms could be extended etc.

And it would have to be at least 1/3000 scale. No SOC teenyness!!

Word... 1/3000 is definitely the scale for any SDF-1.

It would be really cool to see what kind of badass sculpt Yamato could put to the flagship of the series.

Now, a 11" SDF/Macross, I'd pay anything under $200 for. :D

How, HOW can this thing not be demanding? I think it takes more than a "poll" to get good response. They should create a prototype, then go from there. If they do it the same way they did the 1/48s, they'll for surely have a best-seller.

Besides, from all the profit they'll be making from the "Q-Rau", I'm sure they can afford to take a chance.

:D

Edited by fifbeat

The problem with a poll is there can only be one winner of the poll, and of course people will ask for valk in higher numbers first.

SDF-1's would sell like wildfire. Especially since there are so MANY VF-1's out now, and only the first enemy mecha is hitting shelves.

Sure, I'd like to see it, but it's not a high priority for me. If they never make one, then I'll probably bite the bullet eventually and get a Matchbox version.

If they do make one, I'd like to see it with DYRL sculpt for the hull, but with an option (included or separate purchase) to use the aircraft carriers instead of ARMD's. Also, I would like it to be transformable.

Yeah, I think the timing was off on the poll the Cap mentioned. If you were to do it now, the results would be a lot different. I believe a lot of the fans that didn't pay attention to the resurgence back then are now just getting back into Macross. I certainly didn't pay that much attention to Macrossworld until the new and rereleased merchandise started coming out. Before that, it was mostly ebay and and going to china town.

Anyway, I certainly would put down for a Yamato DYRL Macross. But it better be bigger than my Spiderzilla action figure! :D

IMMFHO

You keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means.

:p

Incontheable! :p

I could care less about the SDF. A giant space cruiser than turns into a giant robot is a retarded concept. I grudgingly tolerate it because I like everything else about Macross. (except J-pop <_< )

I would like to see the SDF-1. Sure I would like to have options like to have the Prometheus and Deadalus with the ARMD-01 and -02. I will buy 4 of them! 2 for DRYL and 2 for TV version with each in different modes. :D Of Yamato has to make it happen. We wishing will not help. Not unless they listen to this board.

The problem with a poll is there can only be one winner of the poll, and of course people will ask for valk in higher numbers first.

SDF-1's would sell like wildfire. Especially since there are so MANY VF-1's out now, and only the first enemy mecha is hitting shelves.

Dude... a 1/1 robotic sex slave modeled after Britney Spears would sell like wildfire.

A Yamato SDF-1? Many would complain about the size, when the size is announced. Many would complain about the price, after the toy actually comes out. Many would complain about the diecast content (or lack of it). Many would then complain about how the color on this tiny part doesn't match that tiny part and this tiny gun breaks too easily, etc.

Sales would be pretty good... but nothing resembling wildfire.

Seems to me that Yamato has had their best profit/availability ratio on items like the Low Vis scheme (even though I'm not a fan, I'll admit it).

If worked at Yamato, I'd be pitching limited releases of valks with military schemes. After the rising cost of the Low Vis, I'll bet any limited edition custom military paint scheme 1/48 would sell like a brush fire.

But not wildfire. That can only be used for actual phenomenon, such as Pokemon cards in the late 90's and the aforementioned Britney sexbot. ;)

I want a transforming Macross 7, complete with city section we can fill with small people and shake around, destroying their city and their lives... OH wait! A city section that is a snow globe!!!! :lol:

Or maybe I should go to sleep since I'm really tired... :p

SDF-1's would sell like wildfire.  Especially since there are so MANY VF-1's out now, and only the first enemy mecha is hitting shelves.

Dude... a 1/1 robotic sex slave modeled after Britney Spears would sell like wildfire.

A Yamato SDF-1? Many would complain about the size, when the size is announced. Many would complain about the price, after the toy actually comes out. Many would complain about the diecast content (or lack of it). Many would then complain about how the color on this tiny part doesn't match that tiny part and this tiny gun breaks too easily, etc.

Sales would be pretty good... but nothing resembling wildfire.

Seems to me that Yamato has had their best profit/availability ratio on items like the Low Vis scheme (even though I'm not a fan, I'll admit it).

If worked at Yamato, I'd be pitching limited releases of valks with military schemes. After the rising cost of the Low Vis, I'll bet any limited edition custom military paint scheme 1/48 would sell like a brush fire.

But not wildfire. That can only be used for actual phenomenon, such as Pokemon cards in the late 90's and the aforementioned Britney sexbot. ;)

It's an EXPRESSION :p They won't sell out in 3 days or anything.

True I would fear the bitch sessions about it. "It's too big." "It's too small." "This doesn't look right." "It's too expensive." None if it would be any surprize. It will however sell very well if they make a genuine effort on it. It's only competition is the older Taka's/matchboxes. All very expensive. Many many of us here would buy a good SDF-1 from Yamato. Yamato's profit would be assured on that one.

A Britney sexbot would be a high seller too especially if it doesn't speak. :lol:

Edited by Anubis

A Britney sexbot would be a high seller too especially if it doesn't speak. :lol:

She could speak... "y'all I'm so drunk..." or "hold me, master Blaine!"

But no singing allowed. :p

Seriously though... I doubt the SDF would sell nearly enough units to justify its production. Unlike valks, which can be repainted and rereleased all day long... the SDF is a one shot.

I would dig the hell out of one, though... I just don't imagine Yamato will be surprising us with a space fortress any time soon.

Edited by Blaine23

Britney Spears.....no thanks, not my cup of tea.

Change that to Faye Wong, Karen Mok, Bobo Chan or Nanase Aikawa and I'd definitely buy one :D

Graham

Personally, I have a feeling that a Yamato SDF-1 toy would not sell too well.

I think it's a bit like the situation with Max DYRL toys in that regard. When there were no Max DYRL toys, everybody always used to say how much they wanted one, but when Yamato finally released a 1/60 and 1/48 VF-1A Max toy, they didn't sell that well.

Graham