Why hasn't Yamato built a SDF-1

Live_Wire212

Come on fans, lets pool our money and make something truly grand, a 1:1 scale SDF-1. I mean, there was that 1:3 scale Zeta Gundam, or the 1:1 scale VF-1 cutout the japanese made

post-4-1078453830_thumb.jpg

As bad as this sounds, my 'best case scenario' for the Macross toy would be if it were released by Toynami. I'm not a fan of Toynami, but the Macross is one of those things where I wouldn't demand excellence for the toy. I'd like to have a toy representaion of the Macross, but it doesn't have to be perfect like the valkyries do. I'm sure Toynami would use an existing toy anyway, and I'd be fine with that.

Also, if Yamato were to release one I'd never be able to own it. I'm sure it would be gorgeous, but the price tag would probably make me crap myself.

Whatever happened to Toynami's super-poseable figure of the Macross?

As bad as this sounds, my 'best case scenario' for the Macross toy would be if it were released by Toynami. I'm not a fan of Toynami, but the Macross is one of those things where I wouldn't demand excellence for the toy. I'd like to have a toy representaion of the Macross, but it doesn't have to be perfect like the valkyries do. I'm sure Toynami would use an existing toy anyway, and I'd be fine with that.

Also, if Yamato were to release one I'd never be able to own it. I'm sure it would be gorgeous, but the price tag would probably make me crap myself.

They were going to make a super-posable Macross? :blink:

As bad as this sounds, my 'best case scenario' for the Macross toy would be if it were released by Toynami.  I'm not a fan of Toynami, but the Macross is one of those things where I wouldn't demand excellence for the toy.  I'd like to have a toy representaion of the Macross, but it doesn't have to be perfect like the valkyries do.  I'm sure Toynami would use an existing toy anyway, and I'd be fine with that.

Also, if Yamato were to release one I'd never be able to own it.  I'm sure it would be gorgeous, but the price tag would probably make me crap myself. 

They were going to make a super-posable Macross? :blink:

They DID make one, sort of. Back when the first series of Robotech Superposeabes were out, it was announced that each figure in the second series would come with a piece to built a SDF-1 figure (Arm, leg, torso, etc). I think there are a couple pics out there of their SDF-1 figure, but I'm not sure where. Anyway, Toynami just kind of clammed up on the whole idea and I've heard nothing about it since. For the life of me I can't figure out why they wouldn't have just released the whole SDF-1 figure in the second series, it would have easily sold better than the rest of the figures.

Since Toynami hasn't had an original thought yet concerning SDF Macross, how hard would it be for them to "borrow" the SDF-1 tooling that Matchbox used to release their SDF-1 back in the eighties. It was the only worthwhile Macross toy they made. That would be a move that might actually work for them.

Come on fans, lets pool our money and make something truly grand, a 1:1 scale SDF-1. I mean, there was that 1:3 scale Zeta Gundam, or the 1:1 scale VF-1 cutout the japanese made

Yes, but we are MACROSSWORLD!

If it's gonna be 1:1 it darn well better be fully functional.

And then we can all get together on the bridge and gripe about how the pinpoint barrier is the wrong shade of green and it's a sorry piece of crap that isn't worth the change in the sofa...

Since Toynami hasn't had an original thought yet concerning SDF Macross, how hard would it be for them to "borrow" the SDF-1 tooling that Matchbox used to release their SDF-1 back in the eighties.  It was the only worthwhile Macross toy they made.  That would be a move that might actually work for them.

That's what I was thinking. I'd be fine with getting a 'new' Macross toy that way, although I'm sure Toynami would botch the QC somehow.

Edited by eriku