Oscars 2004 - ROTK: 11/11!

Limbo

Ahhh... Boy Meets World.... I love that show...

But yes, everytime I think about how Titanic won those awards....geez...

What I can't believe is that there are so many people who swear that movie was good. My roommate said he watched it three times in the theaters. I then slapped him.

But I was forced to watch it on DVD and it was horrible. No story, bad acting, meh special effects.

And yes, Shakespeare in Love over Saving Private Ryan? What a joke. :angry:

The chick who played Topanga was pretty hot IMO.  Though in Max's pic she looks like crap.  Guess she gained some weight. :(

Charlise Theron was hot at the awards too, as well as Jennifer Garner :wub:

Whoo, man, she does look like she porked out a good bit.

Honestly, I never watched that show, and couldn't get my mind around her name, TOPANGA!?!??!

To be honest, never having seen the show, I always assumed it had the Vulcan spelling

T'Penga - makes more sense anyway.

Wasn't there a GI-Joe ninja force member named Topanga?

The chick who played Topanga was pretty hot IMO.  Though in Max's pic she looks like crap.  Guess she gained some weight. :(

Honestly, I never watched that show, and couldn't get my mind around her name, TOPANGA!?!??!

To be honest, never having seen the show, I always assumed it had the Vulcan spelling

Holeee.... this is the chick you compared to Angelina Jolie.

:rolleyes:

Max Jenius and UN SPacy

Indeed, L.A. Confidential was one of the films that was more blatantly robbed than others. But there was a great deal of other offences that originally motivated me to rip the Oscars. Putting aside the age old blunder of Citizen Kane granted best movie of all time, yet didn't even win the Oscar, I'd say Val Kilmer's non-nomination for Tombstone, Nolan denied even a nomination as best director for Memento, Edward Norton in Primal Fear, and several others really started me on my anti-Oscar rants :)

I DO, however, strongly remember being extremely pissed off that Saving Private Ryan was robbed at the oscars... FREAKIN SHAKESPEAR!  :angry:  SPR is one of my all-time favorites.. I still listen to the music a lot

Another robbery. SPR is also one of my favorite films and a serious contender for any top ten list.

Holeee.... this is the chick you compared to Angelina Jolie.

:rolleyes:

It was T'Jbang!

post-26-1078364905.jpg

Master and Commander was a great movie. it got robbed

for anyone who hasn't, Read Patrick O'Brian's books.

speaking of reading, I'm about 100 pages away from the end of Chapterhouse. :D

awesome. i think that the last two (Heretics and Chapterhouse) were definately my favorites along with the original. ;)

Max Jenius and UN SPacy

Indeed, L.A. Confidential was one of the films that was more blatantly robbed than others. But there was a great deal of other offences that originally motivated me to rip the Oscars. Putting aside the age old blunder of Citizen Kane granted best movie of all time, yet didn't even win the Oscar, I'd say Val Kilmer's non-nomination for Tombstone, Nolan denied even a nomination as best director for Memento, Edward Norton in Primal Fear, and several others really started me on my anti-Oscar rants :)

I DO, however, strongly remember being extremely pissed off that Saving Private Ryan was robbed at the oscars... FREAKIN SHAKESPEAR!  :angry:  SPR is one of my all-time favorites.. I still listen to the music a lot

Another robbery. SPR is also one of my favorite films and a serious contender for any top ten list.

the fact that Fight Club got nothing pissed me off to no end. :ph34r:

PS: The chick who played Topanga from Boy meets world has better looking full lips than Angelina.

dude no... noo.... she looks like some sort of dwarven woman...

(gross)

Grody chick that Jolie is 100x more sexy than..

Was the Last Samurai even nominated for anything? Heh, it definitely stirred up emotions. Or did that come out too late?

Hey now... people mistake my girlfriend for Topanga quite a bit. <_<

As for dwarven... not quite, but she's only 5'-5".

But that is a bit of a crapass picture there. This one looks more like my g/f... and what I think of when I think of Topanga. Fishel

Besides, "my Topanga" knows full well the extent of my raving lust for Angelina.

Edited by Blaine23

PS: The chick who played Topanga from Boy meets world has better looking full lips than Angelina.

dude no... noo.... she looks like some sort of dwarven woman...

(gross)

Grody chick that Jolie is 100x more sexy than..

Was the Last Samurai even nominated for anything? Heh, it definitely stirred up emotions. Or did that come out too late?

Hey now... people mistake my girlfriend for Topanga quite a bit. <_<

As for dwarven... not quite, but she's only 5'-5".

But that is a bit of a crapass picture there. This one looks more like my g/f... and what I think of when I think of Topanga. Fishel

Besides, "my Topanga" knows full well the extent of my raving lust for Angelina.

yah, before she got grody..

On the Oscar thing.... there was too much naked Billy Crystal for my taste. :lol:

He has soggy man breasts. :blink:

Good lord, the man is like fifty. What did you expect, chisled pecs? <_<

Vostok 7

Hey, if the Governator can have that kind of physique at that age, why shouldn't Billy Crystal?

I can't believe I'm doing A1's job for him. :lol:

Edit in:

wrote the above before I saw A1's posts. Great minds think alike. ;)

BTW the real crime are showing old saggy granny breasts * points at Calendar Girls while puking *

Good job my man! I know this place is in good hands when I need to take off for a few days. I'd hate to think it was just a bunch of girly-men prancing around in utter lameness with no one to remind them of their gender while I am gone. I will rest easy...

They can just hear you now and remember you later.

Uh guys...Glory won 3 Oscars.

Best actor - Denzel

Best Cinematography

Best Sound

and it had nominations for Editing and art direction.

I meant for best pic... I remember Denzel got Best Supporting Actor, but that was simply one of if not the best that year.