Spiderzilla!

Limbo

It would be awesome if they make a doc ock to go with it... they could use tentacles in a similar way from the matrix sentinel deluxe toy... and btw, that's another big fricking toy.

I'm seriously thinking in hanging my spidey on the ceiling, just above my monitor...

IMG_1093.JPG

Edited by Limbo

lol - exo.. someone has discovered the why twisty-ties exist! Everyone will now be digging through the trash to reclaim their Gundam FIX boxes! :D

and 15 points of articulation in the hand! OMG

Just picked mine up from Walmart for $21.96. This guy is definetly worth every penny. They need to make a Spawn Figure this big with a lot of detail and articulation.

damn i hear that! spawn with that much articulation...*drools, wipes it up and drools again*

McFarlane and articulation don't belong in the same sentence... :p

This is better than having one of those wooden posers to help drawing. And cheaper too.

HEHE, I saw a bunch of these at walmart in monrovia while I was picking up my 20th prime. I should've picked one up, but I'll do so next time. Damn I'd die if they made a black costume version and a mcfarlane type venom or even a eric larson type! :p:D:lol:

how poseable is the neck/head? It looks weird in all the pics...the rest of it looks sweet though.

It is pretty good. A Ball-join at the base of the neck and another connecting the head... it is kind of cool because you can tilt his head and the neck to the other side if you want :p

On the pic he's holding the jet above you can see the range of the neck when looking up.

This is one of the best sculpts of spidey I've ever seen, IMHO.

I agree with you there, based on the pics you posted. I wonder if they're selling this up here?

I wonder if they're selling this up here?

Where is "up here"? Alaska? Norway? Mars? I need more info to give you an exact answer :p

I got mine on walmart for a little more than 20 bucks... the toy is being heavily sighted on Toys r Us and Target too...

Edited by Limbo

Where is "up here"? Alaska? Norway? Mars? I need more info to give you an exact answer :p

I got mine on walmart for a little more than 20 bucks... the toy is being heavily sighted on Toys r Us and Target too...

Vancouver, Canada to be precise.

i just got the toy and it was surprisingmy disappointing, the hands are really weird looking and thumb joints on both hands are messed up, i also wish the hips had more flexibility, ill stick with my small superposeable spiderman

i just got the toy and it was surprisingmy disappointing, the hands are really weird looking and thumb joints on both hands are messed up, i also wish the hips had more flexibility, ill stick with my small superposeable spiderman

NERV, what you mean by messed up? Too loose? one of the fingers was very loose on my spidey... I've put some clear nail polisher on the join and now is just tight and fine. I can't even remember wich one had the problem :p

Try to play with it for a while, see if you can soft the articulation a little bit. I'm actually on the range of being quite brutal with the legs and arm joins... They are just too tight and may take a while for you to figure all the range some parts can reach...

I hope the toy growns on you. I'm loving it!

NERV, what you mean by messed up? Too loose? one of the fingers was very loose on my spidey... I've put some clear nail polisher on the join and now is just tight and fine. I can't even remember wich one had the problem :p

Try to play with it for a while, see if you can soft the articulation a little bit. I'm actually on the range of being quite brutal with the legs and arm joins... They are just too tight and may take a while for you to figure all the range some parts can reach...

I hope the toy growns on you. I'm loving it!

Other than that, there aren't any other problems with it, right?

well one of the thumbs is too loose and the othe rone doesnt move at all i even decided to reisk breakingit and i forced it but just went back i tihnk the thumb on mine was assembled with a regular finger joint, also the hips wudnt be as bad if the torso was more flexible, on the small one the torso can basicly flex anywhich way on this one its jot one forward back joint and one chest rotating joint

Vancouver??? Hey, my mom's there this week. If you see a lady taking half an hour to get on an escalator, tell her her son said HI! :lol:

Operation Spidey a complete success.

Time: Lunch break.

Drove to Target - price 24.99... being thrifty, I drove approximately .002 miles to Wal-Mart - price 21.96.

Spidey purchased. Spidey opened in car. Seventeen thousand twist-ties removed. Twist-ties actually saved for the first time ever (thanks for the idea, EXO!). Box chunked in nearby trash-bin. Sandwich eaten quickly. Returned to office.

Thank god for cheap, enormous, jaw-droppingly cool toys. I never, ever get to say that. Spidey will be taking his place amongst the shelf of Spideys at home. Pics to follow. :)

Vancouver??? Hey, my mom's there this week. If you see a lady taking half an hour to get on an escalator, tell her her son said HI! :lol:

She'll enjoy it here at least until Wednesday, then it rains. Spring is already here, 2 weeks ahead of schedule and I can see the buds coming out the trees.

Time: Lunch break.

Drove to Target - price 24.99... being thrifty, I drove approximately .002 miles to Wal-Mart - price 21.96.

Spidey purchased. Spidey opened in car. Seventeen thousand twist-ties removed. Twist-ties actually saved for the first time ever (thanks for the idea, EXO!). Box chunked in nearby trash-bin. Sandwich eaten quickly. Returned to office.

Thank god for cheap, enormous, jaw-droppingly cool toys. I never, ever get to say that. Spidey will be taking his place amongst the shelf of Spideys at home. Pics to follow. :)

That's good! Saving $2 to $3 for it, depite driving .002 miles. Can't wait to see the pics. Btw, any problems with your spidey like nerv's?

Cool. I was thinking of doing that, but the Walmart closest by is about 10-15 miles away, while ToysRUs and Target is about 5 miles in the opposite direction. If I choose to go Walmart & they sold out, the waste of gas will probably get me closer to $24.99. :lol: So I went with ToysRUs, and luckily, they got a lot, so I was able to pick a pretty nice looking one out of the bunch.

About the quality in general, they tend to vary from figure to figure. From the few that I've seen and the one that I own, the tightness of the joints vary from one to the other. On mine, the elbows, hips, and knees are very tight, but the left hip is a bit looser than the right. But the couple other ones I've handled, the hips and knees are looser than mine, while all the elbows seem just as tight. One has a neck that can't pose straight, while another has a very tight ab joint. Fingers were fine on all, with some looser than the others. I personally prefer tight than loose, as it hold poses better and last longer, but you need to work on the poses more each time. The hips of mine are so tight that my co-worker thought they can't even move. I guess you can't ask for too much when it comes to $24.99 or less.

Damn I'd die if they made a black costume version

Repeat this in bold 40 times for me. The normal sized Black Costume Superposable is one of my all-time fav toys. I'd import a large size Black Costume. At the moment I'll just wait for these guys to funnel down here, which might take awhile :(

Cyc

Cool. I was thinking of doing that, but the Walmart closest by is about 10-15 miles away, while ToysRUs and Target is about 5 miles in the opposite direction. If I choose to go Walmart & they sold out, the waste of gas will probably get me closer to $24.99. :lol: So I went with ToysRUs, and luckily, they got a lot, so I was able to pick a pretty nice looking one out of the bunch.

About the quality in general, they tend to vary from figure to figure. From the few that I've seen and the one that I own, the tightness of the joints vary from one to the other. On mine, the elbows, hips, and knees are very tight, but the left hip is a bit looser than the right. But the couple other ones I've handled, the hips and knees are looser than mine, while all the elbows seem just as tight. One has a neck that can't pose straight, while another has a very tight ab joint. Fingers were fine on all, with some looser than the others. I personally prefer tight than loose, as it hold poses better and last longer, but you need to work on the poses more each time. The hips of mine are so tight that my co-worker thought they can't even move. I guess you can't ask for too much when it comes to $24.99 or less.

How were you able to figure out which figure is tighter than the other? Did you take them out of the box and individually checked them?

Time:  Lunch break.

Spidey purchased.  Spidey opened in car.  Seventeen thousand twist-ties removed.  Twist-ties actually saved for the first time ever (thanks for the idea, EXO!).  Box chunked in nearby trash-bin.  Sandwich eaten quickly.  Returned to office.

Thank god for cheap, enormous, jaw-droppingly cool toys.  I never, ever get to say that.  Spidey will be taking his place amongst the shelf of Spideys at home.  Pics to follow.  :)

That's good! Saving $2 to $3 for it, depite driving .002 miles. Can't wait to see the pics. Btw, any problems with your spidey like nerv's?

Not a single complaint. I bought one for myself and another for my godson. I haven't opened his yet... though I noticed that Spidey was in a different pose in each box... kinda cool.

Joints on mine are nice and tight... the leg/knee joints in particular have a nice ratcheting sound. Feels solid as a tank.

I think NERV just likes smaller toys.

Damn I'd die if they made a black costume version

Repeat this in bold 40 times for me. The normal sized Black Costume Superposable is one of my all-time fav toys. I'd import a large size Black Costume. At the moment I'll just wait for these guys to funnel down here, which might take awhile :(

Cyc

I wouldn't worry too much. Toy Biz has never, ever been afraid to reuse the hell out of an existing mold - particularly any Spidey mold.

I imagine you'll see a blue/red variant and eventually a black costume variant. But it probably won't be until after all of the movie hubub.

I myself, would kill a thousand chickens for Jobu, if I thought it would make the difference. ;)

Naw Isamu I'd want storm or Sage( as Tessa in her black Hellfire club Lingerie outfit). :lol: Jean as Dark Phoenix would be kinda cool as well.

the Tessa outfit would be AWESOME. so would Emma's old school White Queen outfit. hell, any of the outfits she made famous would be awesome.... ;)