Custom 1/48 vf-1j

indigofx28

Hi Indigo.

Your conversion is absolutely great, I love it!!

Honestly, I'd disagree with the comments to delete the red hot section lines on the legs, I think they tie-in nicely with the red on the V-tails, and i'd even offer a further suggestion: have you contemplated possibly putting the "Felix & The Bomb" cartoon on the heatshield? This and having the heatshield in red would really distribute color more uniformly, but even without, your job is still excellent--kudos!

I'd personally love to see other conversions using existing squadron markings ;)

Hi Indigo.

Your conversion is absolutely great, I love it!!

Honestly, I'd disagree with the comments to delete the red hot section lines on the legs, I think they tie-in nicely with the red on the V-tails, and i'd even offer a further suggestion: have you contemplated possibly putting the "Felix & The Bomb" cartoon on the heatshield? This and having the heatshield in red would really distribute color more uniformly, but even without, your job is still excellent--kudos!

I'd personally love to see other conversions using existing squadron markings ;)

I can't find decals for the Jolly Rogers one. Closely resembling Roys.... hymm look all over the hobby stores but can't find any 1/48's tomcats decals. I'll try to swich the red heat shield from the vf-1s hikaru. thanks for the input

I can't find decals for the Jolly Rogers one. Closely resembling Roys.... hymm look all over the hobby stores but can't find any 1/48's tomcats decals. I'll try to swich the red heat shield from the vf-1s hikaru. thanks for the input

There is a re-issue Hasegawa 1/48 F-14 Jolly Rogers Tomcat model kit that has those decals but it's not easy to find.

Great original non Macross based custom! Perhaps you should talk to Devin about some custom decals for you.

I can't find decals for the Jolly Rogers one. Closely resembling Roys.... hymm look all over  the hobby stores but can't find any 1/48's tomcats decals. I'll try to swich the red heat shield from the vf-1s hikaru. thanks for the input

There is a re-issue Hasegawa 1/48 F-14 Jolly Rogers Tomcat model kit that has those decals but it's not easy to find.

Great original non Macross based custom! Perhaps you should talk to Devin about some custom decals for you.

sounds great who's devin ?

post-4-1077949002_thumb.jpg

Very nice custom! Are those decals from the Revell 1/48 Tomcat kit? I disagree with adding the red heat shield. I like the black one; you could just add a "Felix" decal to it and then seal it up, so it doesn't scratch off.

rewvell 1/48 decals with some black car hood fiberglass decals cut to shape on the front

tell us how you made it? how you removed the original paint...decals...paint job...the works!

and what color is that on the chest? looks funky...like semi-transparent.

cool custom...now take more pics and put that sucka on the customs page!

used mr easy oven off. most of the the nose section is an carbon fiber decal used for car models.

Awesome work indigo.

I agree with the others with the red stripe thing. Take it OFF! :D

The shade of red is slightly different from the tail fins and IMHO, it's kinda distracting.

Again, Kick ass custom.

EDIT: also, perhaps some panel lines would help?

Edited by Nani?!