Saint Seiya Saint Cloth Myth

Golgoth 13

• 3 weeks later...

Grabbed Spectre Scion and Syd Mizer

Syd is very cool. The various clawed hands all look awesome, and the armour fits very well. The figure itself feels a little floppy, like the plastic is softer, which is worrying on such a heavy figure. But overall, I like the look, and even the green hair looks pretty cool. Im a fan of the Asgardian armours, so all in all Im quite pleased.

Scion is much better than i anticipated. i got him more coz i liked the amrourthan the character, but the figure has turned me about. He looks MUCH more pissed and evil in person than he did on the box art, and his bright hair is a much more subdued green. Armoured up he looks very menacing, so all in all I am very happy with the buy. Noew I just need to get the judges (Which is what I said last post before getting these guys!)

Congrats Scream Man! Shion is one of my favorite characters, ever since I got introduced to Saint Seiya through the Hades Arc Sanctuary Chapter. I couldn't wait for him to be released as a Myth Cloth once they started taking off.

I think that Aiacos is the best of the three Judges for facial sculpt and appearance. Radamanthys is the first Specter they did, and I find that he doesn't look as great as the later face sculpts (the appendix fixes that). I think the Minos Myth Cloth looks a bit fatty-faced, but it could just be an impression.

Minos is a sick degenerate who likes to inflict pain. I like him and hate him. :lol:

Without the Surplice on Aiocos is very thin, but then again so are all the other ones. But he is particularly thin, probably looks worse because he's pretty tall.

While I haven't seen it in person, from what I've seen in photos it looks good. I've liked Shun less ever since his old seiyuu was replaced with that new one who's voice grates on my nerves to the point that my ears bleed and I begin shivering when I hear him. He's so damned whiny and pathetic sounding! :(

The figure looks good though, both with the red hair and the black hair. The soft good clothes look decent. One plus is that it is Hades, thus he has Otsuka Akio's voice come to my mind (Naked/Solid/Old Snake, Jine Udo, Batou). :D I think it's so awesome that they got him to do a voice in the series, and Hades himself no less.

I've skipped on it and have no plans to pick him up because as good as he looks, he's not that cool for me. Now, once the series is done being animated, if they make full adult Hades with his Kamui, then I'm picking him up. Just as I'll have to pick up Athena, especially if she comes with her Kamui.

I thought about waiting for the Kamui, but it may still be awhile before we see it, so i decided not to worry about it to much. Id get an Athena regardless, because she is an important part of the series. Hell she is the crux of the series in some ways.

But hades falls into the same category as Pandora and Pope Shion for me; am i really gaining anything getting them? No armour, not a great deal u can really do with them.....on the other hand they look awesome and will fill in the set nicely.

Much to consider.

One Japanese review site I found and lost, that had Saint Cloth Myth reviews that I couldn't read but had nice pictures, had a horrifying pic. The guy had taken a pic of Myth Cloth Hydra Ichi wearing Pandora's robe. Followed by a pic of Pandora stabbing him with her trident. :lol:

addition: Nope, that site's not it, the review was missing Minos and Kanon.

Edited by Sumdumgai

Niiice. :) I have to pick up Aiacos some day.

All I have to do now is wait for Ophiucus Shaina, Eagle Marine, Surplice Capricorn Shura, and I'm done with the main figures. Might pick up a Surplice Pisces Aphrodite, Aquarius Camus, Cancer Deathmask if they make them. Surplice Gemini Saga is a certainty that my wife will pick up.

It would be interesting to see Papillon Miyu as a Myth Cloth. He's so damned thin even with his Surplice on, he'd be a skeleton without it. Plus the whole bug-eye thing. He was an interesting looking character.

Got my stuff:

Shun Hades is great! Looks very awesome when he's all done up in his robes, and his chair is very well done also. Not a lot to the figure, but then you know that going in.

Pandora is ok, though her stool could have been taller. Again, not much to her, but she doesnt seem as cool as Hades, though having her spear to give Hades was nice :)

Garuda Aiokos is a very sweet figure. Looks awesome all amroured up, though some of the armour placement would be pretty frustrating on real armour. But I like him more than i thought I would.

All in all very happy! 2 Judges, 2 Appendix and Pope Shion to go and Im up to date!

heh, maybe. I kind of have my ow internal story running (Im weird that ay) so Pope Shion is a hard figure to justify for me, since it makes a double up in character. I treat Aries as a seperate character to Gemini for example. Hades as seperate to Shun.

I MIGHT get pope Shion, and just mod him to another character, I havent decided...

my friend went to HK and I had an order filled with her heheh. she brought back for me mizar sid, siren sorrento, seadragon kanon, and surplice shion. freakin awesome all of them! best part was these are probably the cheapest ones I've ever gotten, HK prices, plus 10% off, plus no shipping cost! man, i need more friend that go to HK!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Theres new pics of Thanatos up as well, he looks awesome. But he'll be clocking in at close to $70 USD, before shipping. Thats ging to be over $100 for me in Aussie dollars, with shipping probably around 110/115.

Also pics of the new Marina, the Sea Horse guy.

good review mate :) u might want to make more of a mention of the armours diecast content, as that was one of the things that really sold me on the figures.

Who should u review? i say do eevryone u can! English SS reviews are next to impossible to find, and when i was getting into the line i had a lot of trouble getting thoughts and opinions on the various figures.

good review mate :) u might want to make more of a mention of the armours diecast content, as that was one of the things that really sold me on the figures.

Who should u review? i say do eevryone u can! English SS reviews are next to impossible to find, and when i was getting into the line i had a lot of trouble getting thoughts and opinions on the various figures.

Good point on the diecast content, I thought I had made more of a point of it then I did. I will keep it in mind next review.

As far as reviewing everyone, it may just get to that point. LOL In all seriousness, the show started a bit too "Dragonball Z" for my taste but has quickly evolved into much more. I am genuinely enjoying it.

Thanks for the feedback man. :)

A

Very nice review, Atomski! Awesome use of pictures, you really showed of Beta Hagen really well.

In future reviews when/if you review the older figures in the Saint Cloth Myth line, you can point out the evolution of the figures and the armors. Since, the early figures had slightly less poseable bodies, the face sculpts were kind of meh, and there were a lot more QC problems. When the face sculpts started improving a lot (towards Gold Saint Scorpio Milo), the QC was already getting to be pretty good, and the way the armor was integrated on the figures was getting a lot nicer with less skin showing between the armguards and the armor just fitting nicer.

Gemini Saga is one of the nicest (if not THE nicest) figure of the twelve Gold Saints (thirteen if you put the Aries Cloth on Surplice Aries Shion or Pope Shion). And Taurus Aldebaran is interesting because he is the brute squad. A really massive figure.