Saint Seiya Saint Cloth Myth

Golgoth 13

b7mw3.th.png

Pic source: iknowkungfu

I've been looking for a horse toy that can be used for my (HK made) Hilda, something like the above pic. I don't even know what is that toyline in the above pic. Anybody know anything about the above or any suitable 'horse' toy, pray tell!! ^_^

b7mw3.th.png

Pic source: iknowkungfu

I've been looking for a horse toy that can be used for my (HK made) Hilda, something like the above pic. I don't even know what is that toyline in the above pic. Anybody know anything about the above or any suitable 'horse' toy, pray tell!! ^_^

it looks like one of those horses in the princess line of Barbies

Holy crap, he IS wearing a puffy white dress....

They're supposed to be robes, but damn does it look like a puffy white dress... Totally take any hint of threat away from Thanatos. :p:lol: I half expect that toy to be wearing pansy red booties under that dress.

what is thanatos from? never seen that character before.

I picked up the special 5 bronze figure set cuz it was $50 less than retail...I would have gladly paid full price if they used the new sculpted heads!! argh I dont' understand why bandai didn't do that...I'll bet the sales of this set woulda doubled if they did.

Thanatos and Hypnos are at the end of the Saint Seiya original manga series. They also appear in Saint Seiya Lost Canvas, and look a lot like Saga and Kanon in that series.

In fact, Cancer Manigold double teamed Thanatos with the Pope to try to take his soul out of his host body. Then apparently the S**T hits the fan.

Plain clothes Seiya and Shiryu are....well, ok. The Pandora boxes are only plastic, which is a letdown. The Seiya figure is great, and Shiryu is ok. I think Id get the 5 main characters and skip the rest, and if u just want one to see what it's like get Seiya.

That said i DID get a belt for Shiryu that doesnt have those annoying belt bits that fall off....

Niiiice. :)

I'm still waiting on Ophiucus Shaina, Eagle Marine, and Chameleon June. Although, to be honest I kind of hope they just make June's Cloth silver colored instead of the anime clown colors...

I know. Unfortunately. :( I liked the way the group "Sacred Saga" illustrated June with her Chameleon Cloth being silver. It looked awesome.

Kamui Pegasus Seiya looks interesting. :)

Saint Seiya related, but not Myth Cloth related, I wish that the Megahouse Athena figure wasn't screen accurate in the castoff department... :( She has no nipples, just like in the Tenkaihen movie. She doesn't quite look right either. I would pick up a Pandora if Megahouse made one, and did it well.

I want figures based on the Lost Canvas characters and style.

kamui seiya looks ok, but ill wait to see coloured pics before finally choosing if I need another seiya.

I probably do.

Griffin Minos is awesome. i really didnt expect to like him much, I was just tryng to finish the Judges. But he is an imposign looking figure, and the armour is a very cool look. much happier than i expected to be.

Wyvern rhadamanthys is pretty cool. Also better than i expected, but the shopulder armour doesnt lock on super well. The cape/wings are amazing.

Also got his Appendix, which definitely improves the figure, though his original head isnt as bad as some others. I like his slightly evil grinning face. the bust itself is also very cool.

hmmm.. i think u guys have mistaken.

神聖衣(ゴッドクロス) : God Cloth - the very final forms of our 5 bronze protagonists appeared only in the Elysion chapter. Slightly weaker than the Olympus Gods' Kamui, but strong enough to protect the wearer from a god's attacks, esp considering Thanatos and Hypnos were minor gods.

神衣(カムイ): Kamui - cloth for the 12 Olympus Gods made by the god Hephaestus. Have not yet appeared in the story.

So the correct term to call it would be Pegasus God Cloth.

The armors worn by Hades, Thanatos and Hypnos in the Elysion chapter are 'Surplices'. Athena wears her 'Cloth'. Poseidon wore his 'Scale'. Note that these are not Kamui.

Athena, Poseidon, and (in some versions) Hades are among the 12 Olympian Gods, and thus each of them have their own Kamui.

Edited by Shun

Just found out the name of the previous Holy War Capricorn Gold Saint:

Capricorn El Cid

F**king awesome! As he has a pretty cool introduction into the story of Lost Canvas.

The Spaniard noble? or like a reincarnation of him? ^_^

More or less. Not sure about the Hephaestus part.

As for El Cid. I dunno. I'd ask the mangaka who she was basing the name on (I don't really believe that Kurumada is actually writing the story for it, despite his credits as doing so), but I can't. :p Teshirogi Shiyori is awesome. :D

So last night i recieved the Bronze saint collectors pack, which features slight reorkings of the 5 leads in their 2nd version armour. The main changes are in the paint schemes; Shiryu now has blue to match his 3rd gen armour, all the others have shiner armour like the later toys, and they all have new hair paint done to make them look better.

Overall, its not a bad little set. Seiya looks best, with the biggest improvment being him, Ikki and Shun. Despite the blue armour (Which I prefer to the green) Shiryus head still doesnt work as well on the figure as the others do. Ikki's armour is the hardest to get together, though getting the shoulder armour on Hyoga is a bit of a trick. i like that andromeda comes with shorter 'retracted' chains, and wish it was a feature they'd included with the v3 armour. Maybe even chains already wrapped up his arms.

the stands are nice enough, and a cool edition, but I dont stand my figures on stands, so its not a huge deal for me to have em. u also get necks and tiaras for using the v3 head son the figures, which i did a little, but dont want to let down my v3's. Im hoping they'll do appendixs of the 5 leads, so i can use the spare heads that come with em (The way I will with seiya when he's released.

Overall, a nice set if u are a completist, but for those who are justr getting into the line, buying the v3's is better

Baian arrived. Not a bad figure, but not the best one out there either. He cant put his arms by his sides because of the armour, and the knee pads are seperate pieces that dont hold in very well. That said, the design of the amrour is nice, and the headsculpt is decent.

Overall, ok, but not aweosme.

So far the only female character in the Myth Cloth line is Pandora... I suppose she's some sort of a test product?

hope that we get Athena or Marin or Shaina soon...

but then, there are lots of others - Hypnos, Asgard, Marinas to complete too >.<

the problem with using Pandora as a test is it isnt accurate. i mean i got her, but soley to complete the line; she didnt offer me anything i wanted really. I buy the line for the cool folk in armour; Pandora has none. HOPEFULLYY when we get the god armour saints, we'll also get Athena in her Kamui. But the ommission of Shaina and Marin is strange.

Whats their popularity like in the South American, French and Asian markets? Are they not liked? i know that Western toy companies always hesitate to release female figures because they dont sell as well, but the asian market has neevr struck me like that...

Edited by Scream Man

Semi confirmed list for this years releases:

Febuary: Leo/Aries Appendix

March: Thanatos

April: Mime Benetnasch (Or Io)

May: Scylia Io (Or Mime)

June:--- God Cloth Seiya (Could be July, unknown.

July: ---

August: Delta Alberich

September: Lymnades Kaysa;

October: Hypnos + Scorpio/Libra Appendix;

November: Hyoga Plain cloth, Shun Plain Cloth, Hilda premium;

December: Athena God Cloth

So yeah, some good stuff there :)

October: Hypnos + Scorpio/Libra Appendix;

hmmm, IMHO the last few seem unlikely? esp with this Oct list, Hypnos is expected to be somewhat same hefty price as Thanatos, and they probably will not release it with other Myth Cloth/Appendix product or they'll risk either one not selling well. And for 'Hilda premium', do u mean something like Pandora and Hades Shun? Those release in Sep in the past, but so far we have no news at all. But it'd be an interesting release... (Although i bought my unofficial Hilda already :p)

----------------------------

Saint Seiya news from Figure Ou 121

Credits: Sorrento from all4seiya

Notice Thanatos come with a harp!!

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii67/iSorrento/1-4.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii67/iSorrento/2-4.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii67/iSorrento/3-3.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii67/iSorrento/4-2.jpg

Edited by Shun

Re: The list;

Eveerything after July is still only a rough list, and i agree with u about the Appendix/Hypnos together. i personally think it'll be Hypnos, as there is going to be more stuff from the new Elycium series hitting stands in this persiod. That's also why I think we'll finally see an Athena from Bandai.

I mean u will also note that the Marinas and Asgardians pause at that point.

Re: Thanatos

Harp is fine, but im never EVER goign to put him in that dress. ever.

EVER.