Saint Seiya Saint Cloth Myth

Golgoth 13

the bust i think was being cut and modified to fit the figure, it didnt actually go together. ive seen those pics too, but i dontlike the art style, so im kinda hoping for a style to match the other figures. i might modify the head myself, to make it look different too aiolis.

Actually the Lost Canvas artist is a woman who has done a lot of Saint Seiya doujinshi and is a really big fan of the original series. At least we know she puts love in her art. :)

Yeah, missed out on getting that bust. I think it wasn't bandai that made it though, I think it was another company. I only saw a few pics of it. I wasn't all that impressed either. :p

I had that Episode G bust figure in hand at one point at the Kinokuniya Bookstore some months ago. Cost like $13 with whatever book it came with. But since I never follow Episode G manga, and don't particularly like the style, I later put it back down. The bust itself doesn't look too bad. But the red hair Aiolia does look dramatically different from the other Myths. Guess we'll just have to wait for Appendix volume 2. Very likely Aiolia is in that batch, as the design sketches revealed.

Shun, Dohko, Andromeda and a mystery fourth. People are suspecting Aiolias, but i think thats a bit of wishful thinking. I suspect he will be in the third wave. my bet is the 4th will be one of the 'villains'

Shun, Dohko, Andromeda and a mystery fourth. People are suspecting Aiolias, but i think thats a bit of wishful thinking. I suspect he will be in the third wave. my bet is the 4th will be one of the 'villains'

Haha, Shun and Andromeda is the same person LOL :lol: . There was a Aiolia sketch (his Cloth head piece) together with the Shun and Dohko sketch in some of those scans. So not that far off. Though there is a recent fake Aiolia colored photochop that has been floating around the pass few days. We still don't know the 4th. Yeah, it could be a villain.

See Aiolia's head it there?

IPB Image

Edited by mpchi

Rumor is that in September two of the four Appendixes will be released.

You know how there's Greek letters on the top and bottom front of the Myth Cloth boxes? Well it's a code that announces in riddles what the upcoming figures are going to be. Sea Dragon Kanon's box announced Aries Shion. Phoenix Ikki's was something like "A light and shadow that comes early" or something like that.

A lot of people on the French forums speculate that it's Cyd and Bud (whatever their names are), the twins from the Asgard arc. Rumor is, from a guy that sometimes had good info leads, sometimes duds, that it's going to be Pegasus Seiya V1 armor with Black Pegasus. Again, it's just rumor.

But a rumor that I think is more likely, considering the V1 Pegasus Cloth is similar to the Pegasus Cloth in Lost Canvas, so that type of Pegasus design is being featured a lot more again.

Edited by Sumdumgai

I kinda hope its new characters. while i like the idea of the older armours (More so with Pegasus since its so different to the one i have) Id prefer ew characters.

In fact today i found some locally, and paid more than i should have but bought em anyway. Gemini Saga is great, and the opoe figure he coems with looks awesome in the red armour. The Gemini cloth is a little blocky, but not too bad and looks great. i am DEFINITELY repainting the throne to look a little nicer.

AND i got General Kanon, who is now one of y gfavs. he looks STUNNING in his armour, and the head design is geat too. I also like his 'plain cloths' bodywhich looks much better than i expected it too.

And now that I HAVE got Kanon, and will be getting Issac soon, I can only feel like i need Poseidon! Surely he and Sorrento would deserve a release before a third myth cloth version of Seiya and the Bronzes....

Yeah. Kanon is great. He may not have one of my favorite armor design, but his normal clothing body is one of the figure I fiddled with the most. Really stable and really good range of movement. All joints are perfectly tight.

my collection so far now that i am getting a chance to rebuild it, thankfully i managed to get the send aways first so that saves me some problems, by the way i have been seeing a ton of "official" latin version Myth Cloths on ebay, does anyone have any info on this are these official or not?

IPB Image

wow that line up is pretty good...and whats up with those saints in domesic clothing?

scream man, how can you pass up on shion aries? he looks freakin sweet!

To be honest i think Shion looks ridiculous. The green hair just doesnt do it for me at ALL, especially not as the leader of the saints. Its the reason Im also passing on the pope shin figure.

Ill get mine from Toy-wave I suspect.

Tonight i recieved andromeda Shun v3. A nice enough toy, though the different colour between the plastic parts of the leg armour and the rest is kind of jarring. hes nice enough for Shun, who is far from my fav character. He ranks lower than the main bronze saints, but not as low as Ichi for me.

Got Cancer and Aquarius tonight.

Cancer is ok, but doesnt really grab me. The face is cool, and the armour has some nice elements to it, but overall he's just not for me. I have always been somewhat 'anti' villains, prefering to buy the 'heroes' but Cancer is sorta in the middle so i didnt think it would bug me. But it seems to on some level. Ah well. Not a bad figure by any means.

Aquarius i really like though! The armour is GORGEOUS, some of the best in the line so far! The head isnt to bad, though the hair is pretty attrocious. BRING ON THE APPENDIX!!!! Still, a very cool figure!

In the next few days Ill be getting Kraken, Taurus and Virgo and his appendix. In three months Ive collected half the line!

Lord, I need help...

i liked cancer, I remember buying him in Shanghai while I was there, along with Aries. did you put him in his special move pose? i've had him in that pose ever since I got him.

aries is def one of my fav gold saints as well...they def need to make the appendix for that one.

Im not sure what Cancers special move pose even is!

Im looking forward to Aries actually. The armour looks realy really good. next on my list of 'to buys' (As opposed to the 'havent arrived yet but paid fors' is Sagitarius and Leo, and mayeb Aries if i can afford him.

Cancer Deathmask's pose is the one where he stands with his legs slightly spread apart (like with most attacks in Saint Seiya), while he points with his right index finger. "SEKISHIKI MEIKAIHA!" Throws your soul to the gates of the Underworld. :)

Aquarius Camus needs an appendix or a surplice version made, because his head is terrible.

Ah, Shion looks awesome in his Surplice, I need to get one. The squinty eyes are growing on me. I just wish his Surplice had more of a reddish tint to the purple, but oh well.

Plus we get to see Siren Sorrento's silhouette. :) I still curse for missing the pre-order on HLJ. :( Damn damn damnity damn damn damn.

IPB Image

WWW.TOY-WAVE.COM : for all your saint seiya needs! :);)

Seriously, Ken and the guys have been a massive help me in me getting my collection. im a hair from pre-ordering Crystal Saint off them actually...

So if Shions Surplice is different, does that mean the others will be as well?

Yeah, the Surplices have differences in them besides color. They have a lot more sharp edges and points, and different etched designs. I personally prefer the Cancer and Capricorn Cloths as Surplices. :)

wow, the differences are really noticeable when next to each other...nice! guess I won't need to be doing my repaints afterall...not that I was ever going to get to them anytime soon lol

sumdumgai, if you need, i know a place that carries japanese versions of these figures. they are always very very limited, so I don't want to give away my secret buying spot before I get mine. but I'll keep you in mind when getting it if you still need one.

I like the purplr/dark blue colour actually.

And if all the surplice are differenmt sculpts, then i may be more tempted to gra them.....

I dont' see this slowing down...they'll make just about any figure that's semi popular. I expect all 6 surplice gold saints, all mariners, and all god warriors.

Well there are picsa of Sorrento out now, and the its the green tiger Asgardian followed by Krishna of the Mariners. In that time there is also Shion and the Crystal saint. And the 4 new appendixes.

Lordy no wonder Im broke.

So! Got my newest batch!

Taurus Alberaan is HUGE! He's Huge and heavy and awesome! he just SCREAMS power! And to top it off his armour has some nice detail work in their, though largely built over a very simle foundation. He's far and away my favourite of the gol saints I own!

Virgo Shakka isnt bad. The armour is a little foddly, especially with the gold shoulderpad area, and the shoulderpads underneath. His head was crap, so im glad i got the appendix to go with it, which improves the figure a lot! Overall....he's ok, but Im not really feelin him. He DOES have some nice detail in the armour, epecially the arm and leg guards

The Appendix bust is pretty cool, though im not sure if its worth the $30 + i have to pay to get them. It means ill only be getting ones that improve the figure greatly, unless i can find them very very cheap. All my hong Kong Pals; should anyone see em and be willing to send them to me loose, that may help! PM me! The neck is a tad long, but doesnt look to bad when the armours on. I think I understand the pics ive seen now....can u swap out the bust nexk for the figure neck so the head sits lower?

Kraken Issac is very VERY cool, and im bit suprised. Pics made him look a little blocky to me, and so while i liked his character i wasnt sure on the figure. But i am pleasantly surprised! His armour is sleek and deadly looking, and i like it a great deal!