Saint Seiya Saint Cloth Myth

Golgoth 13

No, I didn't/won't buy any God warriors...

Could be Aquarius Camus... he is one of the last Gold Saint I bought and his cape is in normal cutting. ;)

I only start collecting them about a year ago....

i started colelcting March 26th. thats just over three months ago. As of yesterdays arrivals (Mu, Geki, Nachi) I have 21 figures and one Appendix. it works out i have bought basically one a week. Its not quite that, but close enough.

Obcessed? me?

Anyway Geki is cool. he reminds me of a big russian footsoldier of some kind. nachi is just boring, offering nothing new in armour or character. And while Mu isnt bad, his hair design sticks his head prettyy much in place, and the ram head on the back comes off pretty easily.

Still cool though :) Next up: More gold saints!

• 3 weeks later...

Last night I recieved my latest order, which included Sagitarius, Libra and Scorpio, as well as the Gemini Appendix

Im a bit let down by the Gemini. It looks nice enough as a bust, but i got it for the heads to put on the figures. The spare Kanon head is ok for the plain cloths body, but the gemini head is no real good for the toy. So yeah...ok, but not as good as the Virgo one.

Sagitarius is a very cool figure. as with a lot of the early gold saints,m the bicep armour makes his arms stick out, so I tend to leave it off. the wings and bow and arrow look good though. the headsculpt is very basic, but I anticipate getting an Appendix for it at some point that will solve the problem. Im happy with him at any rate

Scorpio Milo is pretty good. Im not keen on his face; it just looks a bit....i dunno, off. The cloth looks good though, and i like the design and weight of it. Forearm armour seems ok on him, so I left it on. Te one issue is the tail part; the segments come apart very easily. i think Ill probably glue em together.

Libra Dohku kicks all sorts of ass. The armour and look is great and has weight, i love all the Die-cast weapons and gear. my only complaint is that the stored versions of the wesopns sit a little to loose in their spots on his armour. a very cool toy, and one of my favourite saints.

There're images out of Aioria's Appendix Bust prototype out. I'm too lazy to post a pic right now. :p lol

Yeah there's something kind of off about Milo's face, but he was one of the first of the newer sculpted saints (well when they started doing more accurate to the anime/manga). I kind of wish I didn't leave my Sagittarius Aiolos in France, I really want to put the Sagittarius armor on V3 Seiya. :(

Pretty cool about Dohko. He's one of my least favorite Saints, but I'm glad that you like the one you got. :) He shows up a lot in Saint Seiya Lost Canvas, plus he looks a lot cooler too.

Milo, while has a face done by the new sculptor, has a face too short. He doesn't quite capture the cool yet slightly cocky look, while the short face make him look more like a kid. He still look nice comparing the older ones, but look too young, and a bit 'off'.

Awesome appendix indeed! Makes me wish I didn't leave Aioria behind when I moved. :( Then again I didn't know they'd do Appendixes... :p

For the Casual Cloth Appendixes (new figures of the Bronze Saints with cloth casual clothing), the Pandora boxes they come with are supposed to be made of metal according to what I was reading on the Whitezeta forums. Heh, they have shoes, and Shiryu has the dragon tatoo on his back.

I left a bunch of stuff in storage since I moved from France back to the US, and had a limit to how much stuff I could ship to my new address. I prioritized things by how much I treasured my stuff. My favorite Myth Cloths I brought with me in my luggage (the ones I cared for the most came in my backpack, customs didn't flip out or even make me take them out at the airport). I of course brought all my Yamato valks. :lol:

I brought Aries Mu, Capricorn Shura, Pisces Aphrodite, Pope Shion, and Dragon Shiryu. My wife brought Gemini Saga and Wyvern Radamanthys. The rest, Taurus Aldebaran, Cancer Deathmask, Leo Aioria, Virgo Shaka, Scorpio Milo, Sagittarius Aiolos, Aquarius Camus, and the first release 5 Bronze Saints all stayed in France. :( I brought Dragon Shiryu v2's armor for the v3 Shiryu though. :lol: Never bought Libra Dohko because I've never really liked him or his Gold Cloth. Didn't get anything after the Gold Saints finished except for v3 Seiya and Shiryu. Although I have to admit being tempted by Garuda Aiacos, but I've got higher priorities for Myth Cloths and other toys.

I'll go back and get them or ship them to where I'm living now, someday. I hate moving, and internationally is even worse. Argh.

• 1 month later...

Next Myth Cloth Busts are Mu and Aioria. :) Not that Mu needs one yet. Also you can see the Marina Chrysaor is an upcoming Myth Cloth figure. Plus you see the Appendix Casual Cloth Seiya, with pandora's box (not sure if it's supposed to be metal or plastic, but I think it's supposed to be metal).

hcf86ji5.jpg

Yeah and I bet the other 2 will be Andromeda and Scorpio. Leo and Mu are doing the Athena Exclamation, so Scorpio is almost a lock, and we saw a pic of Andromedas design.

Im umming and ahhing the plain clothes saints. I kinda like the look, but Im not sold.

And the Krishna figure looks awesome, as does Mizar. Ill grab em both sometime soonish.

I don't plan on getting the plain clothes saints. The really cool draw for me on the figures is that they come with the armor, and they're mostly metal and don't just clip on like the old chunky-monkey toys.

I just can't keep up! it's getting harder and harder to find a reliable source for these in so cal. if anybody can help me out that'd be great, preferably someone that can carry both japanese and HK versions w/ plate.

also if anybody knows where I can pick final Ikki up for a decent price, please let me know. thanks!

I go through Yahoo Japan auctions, and have been considering trying out Toy-Wave for some stuff. Scream Man, don't you use Toy-Wave? If so, how are they in terms of service and how well do they pack things?

To be honest, I have yet to see Saint Cloth Myth figures in so. cal, exception being at Anime Expo's dealer room. :lol:

i use toy-wave yeah. he's great, though if u care about the box condition Id ask him to pack ina cardboard box, since they usually just bubble-wrap and then wrap in paper. Now all the toys have arrived fine, but some of the boxes are beat up in the corners. But you CAN request cardboard boxes.

Their service is great. I get almost all my seiya stuff, and most of my Macross stuff through them.

Thanks for letting me know about the way he ships. This is the reason I worry about how things are shipped:

Q-rau pain

The extent of the damage, piece by painful piece

I'll make sure to ask for a cardboard box when I order from Toy-Wave then. :)

Dude...I can't help but LOL on the sight of that Q-Rau. Don't mean to make fun of your painful experience by any means. Really sucks that that happened. But the way the figure was so completely crushed its beyond my knowledge. Haven't seen a toy can be this damaged in package. At least the Seiya ones should be in better shape, as they have their diecast Cloth to protect them. :p But still, they'll need their Eighth Sense to survive a hit like that.

Yeah. Toy-wave is pretty good. Pricey shipping (they calculate weight after all their packaging, not on the item alone. so expect to pay more than the price on their shipping price chart, especially if you want to add a box) and you pay for the 4% paypal surcharge they pose on you. But otherwise, good service. I use them as my backup source if I can't find things elsewhere. In terms of Seiya stuff, I do end up going to them often.

Edited by mpchi

sumdumgai, you never go to frank and son? they used to have saint seiya stuff...I used to get them from this Cantonese guy but he flaked and is now gone. Treasure Island also has them but I don't like to deal with them as prices are usually high. then there was this other guy who sold saint seiya figures on consignment for somebody in monterey park. don't know where the store is tho. this guy is also gone...

I used to deal with Ken at toy-wave but he doesn't take care of the wholesale anymore. i guess i have to check them out, but i hate stuff being shipped...cuz i have to have perfect boxes...

I went to Frank and Sons once a long time ago (before dvds came out :lol: ), but hadn't been there since then. I had forgotten about it until I found the thread in the "where to buy" part of MW. I had no idea that there were sellers that had Saint Cloth Myth figures there. I'm already waiting for my Surplice Shion and Sorrento to be shipped from Japan and those were the main two I've been waiting for for a while, so I'm not really "hunting" right now. :):lol:

I can't wait to have Sorrento. :)

• 2 weeks later...

My Siren Sorrento and Surplice Aries Shion just came in. :) I My camera is out of batteries right now (and I don't have any spares), so I can't take pics. I'm impressed and troubled with the version 3 bodies. While they are much more poseable and the joints are more integrated and don't stand out as much, the thinner and smaller parts make me worry about the durability of the bodies. In particular when you push on or pull off the armor parts. On the other hand they look fantastic.

I've waited for Siren Sorrento since I saw him in the manga. The Myth Cloth version is fantastic. I'm so glad I didn't buy the chunky-monkey version out of desperation two years ago. Both hair sculpts are fantastic, and the face rocks. I just wish that they had gone with the manga hair color of lavender, as opposed to the anime blue. The box art has him with manga color hair too. :(

The armor fits together really well. I'm always impressed at the improvements Bandai makes as they progress in making these figures and armors. There's a great deal of metal as usual. The plastic parts are the base waist armor (the skirt part is all metal), the wrist gaurds, the elbow guards, the ankle guards, the wings, and the mask. The flute is plastic, much to my disappointment. I must say though that posing him playing the flute is really really irritating, and tried my patience to the max. You have to balance the flute just right in the posed hands, or it slides out. I damned near blew a blood vessel trying to get him to hold it.

Other than that, he's awesome. Comes with a cape that you can use alternatively to the wings (unlike Aioros, where you have to buy Pope Shion to get his cape).

Surplice Aries Shion. Awesomeness and annoyingness. There's no doubt in my mind that this really captures Surplice Aries Shion in the form of a figure perfectly. Smug look, glaring eyes, and well sculpted hair. Getting it out of the way now, the long flowing hair aggravates me. It keeps falling off and not holding onto the neck peg. So when you try to fit the main hair piece onto his head, the long hair falls off. I almost bit his head off for that. :p

I love this figure despite that annoyance. The surplice is mostly metal. The plastic parts being the horns (two types, like with Aries Mu), the shoulder pads, the plates that snap onto the backs of the armored hands, the chest plates (two parts instead of one like Aries Mu), the base waist armor, and the goat face on the back. It does not come with a cape, and there are no pegs to attach a cape to him. He comes with a wide array of hands.

I got my Pope Shion figure and put the Aries Gold Cloth on him.

There's a number of differences between the two basic figures. Surplice Shion is taller. Surplice Shion is paler, with a corpse-ish complexion as opposed to Pope Shion's pale yet still alive complexion. Pope Shion's main hair piece is composed of two parts glued together, where as Surplice Shion's main hair piece is one solid sculpt with slightly different detailing, for a cleaner look. Pope Shion's hair has some highlights or lighter colored sections in his hair, whereas Surplice Shion has a much more even distribution of color which is also slightly darker. The long hair piece was recycled, it looks the same to me, just in different shades of green.

There's slight differences in the basic design of the cloths too, besides the obvious switch from Gold to Surplice design. The chest plates are two separate pieces on the Surplice, as opposed to the one piece for the Gold Cloth. The crotch armor is fixed in position on the Surplice and connects to the belly plates, where as it can be rotated on the Gold Cloth and does not tough the chest/belly plates. Oh yeah, and there are little plastic armor plates that attach to the back of the hands, unlike the Gold Cloth version.

:lol: I guess Pope Shion shrank with age, and revived Surplice Shion is at the height he was when he was eighteen. :p I love my two newest Myth Cloth figures. :D

edit: forgot to add something.

Edited by Sumdumgai

i recieved my guys as well! i agree with u on Sorrento, though I think his flute is metal. I could ne wrong though. I dont mind him, though i dont like the cut as much as some of the others. While he has that cloak, the wings look more distinctive I think. overall a nice piece, and looks great with the other Generals.

Leo and Pisces surpried me. I like em both more than i thought. While Leo is the older design, and a bit chunky all round as the older ones are, he looks much better in person than he did in pics. And pisces armour looks incredible, so despite my not liking the character, the toy is pretty awesome.

So basically i just have to get the Judges and Shion now and I pretty much have a complete set :)

Surprisingly, Leo Aioria was the very first Gold Saint to be released in Myth Cloth form, so he's done a good job of standing up to the other Gold Cloths. While I think that his is a bit more rough in design, it's great.

:lol: I took away the Aries Cloth from Mu and put it on Pope Shion. So now he has become Pope Mu (his head barely fits on over the Pope neckpiece thing). Man, I still can't get over how Surplice Aries Shion looks. That metallic purple looks so damned good, especially with a bright light shining on him.

man, way behind as usual...need a reliable source that carries the HK ver with plate! I just picked up final ikki, great for the most part but the shoulder armor sticks up too high...and i think his feathers on his back are too short...other than that, very nice figure.

if you guys know where to get seadragon hk w/ plate, for less than $65 shipped to the US, please let me know.

Id been waiting top take pics of my collection till I finished the Zodiac, and now I have!

The lead 5 characters

BronzeSaints1st.jpg

The 2nd tier Bronze saints.

BronzeSaints2nd.jpg

Alpha Dubre Sigried, as yet the only Asgardian released.

Alpha.jpg

orphee, the only silver saint released so far

SILVER.jpg

Poseidons generals, The Marinas

Mariners.jpg

Gold saints: Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo

GoldSaints1.jpg

More gold: Pope Aries, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio

GoldSaints2.jpg

Last of the 12: Scorpio again, Sagitarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces, witht he 2 Appendix busts for Virgo and Gemini in front!

goldsaints3.jpg

All 12!

GOLDSAINTS.jpg