Saint Seiya Saint Cloth Myth

Golgoth 13

that is pretty cool for sure...but how dare you not put in gemini!?

well not yet my bro, have to fixed in a pose for them, each of them took me some time to think of a pose that'll hold and be very cool while holding so it took me a long time , anyways rest assure gemini will be in !! muahahahahah!!! :p

Good news for people that are interested on the upcoming Seiya bust figures. From what I read from Toysdaily, the busts will feature these following to assure compatibility on the Myth figures:

- Exchangable head that fits on the Myth figure to have a nicer head sculpt.

- Even parts like hands and some Cloth parts (Shaka's shoulder armor) are also swapable with the Myths.

- Each character will come with 2 heads! So no worries on giving the head to your Myth and leaving the bust figure headless.

- Each bust will come with chrome parts finish (Heck YEAH!!!) that matches the Myth nicely.

At first I was skeptical about this line, even though I'll go for a few that really needs a new head. But with these news, these bust figures are going to be a perfect match for sure! :D

Edited by mpchi

• 2 months later...

Don't like the Shun figure that much (even though he looks pretty good), since I actually find that part of the Hades story kind of stupid. Kind of pointless to pick Shun as Hades, just to add needless drama to the story, then all of a sudden, Hades doesn't need him anymore and move on... So didn't really care for this one.

Depending on the character, I'd like some heads to be resculpted to be in the style used in the new Lost Canvas series of Saint Seiya.

The new voice for Shun kind of killed that character for me, since his voice makes my ears bleed. :p

• 5 weeks later...

Sea Dragon Kanon is out now:

IPB Image

Phoenix Ikki v3 is coming out soon:

IPB Image

Surplice Aries Shion is in the works finally (yay! :D ):

IPB Image

Crystal Saint is apparently in the works as a Figure Oh Exclusive, but I can't post that picture or I'll vomit. :p Siren Sorrento is supposed to come out in June I think. No pics of him yet.

Pictures from Whitezeta as usual.

• 1 month later...

Surplice Aries Shion: Looks like the head may be the same as Pope Shion. I don't care even though I have Pope Shion, I want that Aries Surplice! :)

As usual pic taken from the white zeta forums.

IPB Image

Im in love.

I bought my first saint seiya figure last night, and i think its AMAZING! Where have these toys been all my life?! The armour is great, they're hyperposable....wow. what an amazing figure! I got the Hades armour version of Seiya himself, which i was excited by as it was one of the ones i liked the pictures of.

The armour is metal! Actual metal! Are they all real metal, or just seiya?!

Seriously, tell me more! I like the blue dragon armour and the Leo and Sagitarius armours; are they hard to find? And whats a decent price for these bad boys?

Help me seiya fans, i may be hooked...

Congrats on getting yourself your first Saint Cloth Myth figure! :)

Consider this whole long thing as a summary of information about the Saint Cloth Myth line, and a refresher for those who have some interest but haven't kept up with things. It's super long so browse at your own discretion. I wrote such a long post because I really love Saint Seiya and I want to help anyone that's interested in the series or toys.

Okay, you got Pegasus Seiya with Version 3 armor. That's the latest sculpt of Seiya, and there is a "Myth Cloth" Bust (Appendix) coming out of Seiya with 2 new head sculpts that can replace the head of the current Seiya you have. Here's a pic with both heads:

IPB Image

It also comes with replacement armor pieces so you can have at least one shoulder piece busted.

On the more recent figures there is even more metal content than on the older Myth Cloths. Also the more recent figures have superb face sculpts that make them look like the characters in the anime. This started around when they released the Seiya you bought.

Some characters have optional pieces that allow you to have their armor look more like the version in the manga (there are some differences between how the armors look in the anime vs the manga).

You will generally find the Bronze Saints for cheaper than the Gold Saints, because overall they generally have less armor, so there's less material to pay for. The first ones to be released were the five main cast members of Saint Seiya. These were the very first sculpts and they look horrible now. Bandai has come a looong way in terms of sculpt quality, ingenuity, and experience of designing the armor to look and fit better.

What to expect to pay?

The older the figure, the more you will be expected to pay from my observations. Unless, it has been re-released. A number of the older Gold Saints have been re-released. If you like one of the more recent figures that have come out, if you can get it, pick it up or pay a higher price later. If a character is particularly popular, you will probably pay more. Gemini Saga, Sea Dragon Kanon, Wyvern Radamanthas, Griffon Minos, Garuda Aiacos, and Andromeda Shun are particularly popular due to the OVA that's being animated.

Sumdumgai's suggestions based on personal preference for Armor and/or character coolness:

1) Gemini Saga

2) Sea Dragon Kanon/Garuda Aiacos

3) Pisces Aphrodite/Dragon Shiryu version 3 armor (bluish armor)/Duhbe Siegfried

4) Aries Mu/Taurus Aldebaran/Scorpio Milo

It also depends on what methods you choose to get them.

Surest bet is to pre-order on Hobbylink Japan if you live out of Japan, they have good prices. They're as close to retail as you get, which is around $40-50-ish depending on the figure and the accessories.

Hobbysearch are a bunch of jerk-offs that refused to refund me after they sent my Q-rau to the wrong place and it got sent back to them (poor communication too). I don't know how much they charge since I stopped using them.

If you live in France or live close enough to France to visit toy stores, you're in luck because Bandai France imports them for general release in toy stores! That's one thing I miss about France :( I could pick up a Bronze Saint for between 35-40euros and a Gold Saint for between 40-50 euros. Prices might have gone up though, I recommed "Jouet Club" because the one near the Opera in Paris, you could get them for 20 euros less than at the other shops (the other shops were wallet gouging like mad).

I don't know where to get any from shops in the US really... :( Big Bad Toystore has some, but you pay out the wazoo for what they do have.

Amazon Japan doesn't ship toys out of Japan. Which really pisses me off since I can buy cds, dvds, and books from them. However you could go through a deputy shopper to buy the figures from Japanese stores online, or you can go through the Japanese Yahoo auctions. But you pay deputy shopper fees, possibly shipping from the Japanese shop to the deputy shopper or auctioneer to deputy shopper, and then shipping from Japan to you. That's not taking into account the possibility of your friendly country's customs agents...

Here's a list of the Saint Cloth Myth Figures that have been released from oldest to newest (or altenatively go here so you can at least see pics: saint seiya toy page in Japan go through pages 1 through 4 ):

5 main Bronze Saints, with the version 1 bodies:

Pegasus Seiya version 2 armor: silvery metal colored, looks kind of like pot metal though.

Dragon Shiryu version 2 armor: metallic green, his long black hair is three chunks that move like a flap.

Cygnus Hyoga version 2 armor: silver colored, blond.

Andromeda Shun version 2 armor :metallic pink, green hair, face looks horrible, he normally looks like a girl. Armor comes with metal chains and plastic pre-posed chains.

[/u]Phoenix Ikki version 2 armor: metallic purple, silver, and gold, dark blue hair, he's a badass.

*note: Seiya can wear the Sagittarius Gold Cloth, Shiryu can wear the Libra Cloth, Hyoga the Aquarius Cloth, Shun the Virgo Cloth, and Ikki the Leo Cloth.

12 Gold Saints each a Zodiac Symbol (version 1 body), Specters (version 1 body for one and version 2 bodies for the other two), and some bronzes (version 2 bodies):

Leo Aioria/Aiolia:he's been reissued at least once, he'll probably be easier to find since he's the main character of the Saint Seiya Episode G manga that's currently being published. Although in that manga he has red hair and is all angsty.

Aquarius Camus: horrible sculpt, armor's pretty cool though. Light blue long hair, like Shiryu the long hair section is hinged to the back of the head and can flap up and down. Comes with optional upper arm-guards to make him have the manga-type armor. Expect the Surplice version to come out in the next year or two (dark purple, like the Aries Shion Surplice seen in my earlier post, with the same basic Aquarious shape, but with different sharp looking motifs on it).

Virgo Shaka: such a horrid head and hair sculpt, armor is cool though. There's an Appendix Bust coming out of him with a great head and hair, sculpt and replacement armor pieces. Blond, keeps his eyes closed to conserve his power. If you annoy him enough to make him open his eyes in a battle, you're as good as dead. Pretty popular character.

Sagittarius Aioros/Aiolos: horrible head and hair sculpt, looks nothing like him. Armor could be built better. The one I have was a pain to put together and keep together. Doesn't come with a cape like the other Gold Saints, you have to get that one special included with the Pope Shion figure that came out later.

Capricorn Shura: Head sculpt not that bad, except he's cross-eyed, which pisses me off since he's one of my favorite characters. Badass, uses an attack called Excalibur where he can cut through practically anything with his limbs. The armor is really well done. I brought this one with me when I moved back to the States.

Wyvern Radamanthys (Specter Judge): okay head sculpt, badass silvery/purple armor. Lots of metal, although the wings are plastic. Has an Appendix Bust coming out with new head and hair sculpt. Has a unibrow, but you can't tell when he's wearing his helmet. One of the three Judges of the Underworld.

Libra Dohko: not so hot face or head sculpt. Armor is pretty well done from what I understand. My wife and I never bought one of him. Neither of us care for him. He gets no love. :p

Pegasus Seiya version 3 armor: the version that you, scream man, just bought. Seiya with his upgraded armor, a body that has ball jointed hips versus the version 1 hips that allow the legs to pop off in certain positions (Shaka sitting cross legged tended to pop off one or both of his legs with the one we have). First of the new good looking sculpts. I finally went out and ordered one from HLJ, it hasn't arrived yet but I'm looking forward to Seiya!

Cancer Deathmask: looks pretty much like him, a bit thin faced though. All the Golds have version 1 bodies by the way. Very pointy armor. Has an additional add-on chest plate to make his armor look like in the manga. Expect Bandai to re-do him in his Surplice form, with even pointier dark armor.

Aries Mu: One of my favorite sculpts, he is Aries Mu in figure form. Has a really good sculpt for his long hair, no longer multiple chunks of plastic glued together. He has dots instead of eyebrows. He's one of the few characters that I find looks good with or without the helmet. Comes with a hammer and chisel that are metal (he uses to repair armors in the series), and comes with alternate over-the-shoulder horns to look like his manga armor. The horns are plastic, but almost everything else is metal. His cloth can fit on the Pope Shion special figure.

Scorpio Milo: very good sculpt, they caught his arrogant expression pretty well. Has a very good long wavy purple hair sculpt. His armor is done very well. A lot of metal content here, although the front chest of his armor is plastic I think (can't remember, left him stored in France).

Dragon Shiryu version 3 armor: Looks like he stepped out of the anime, his face and hair sculpt are that good. The armor kicks ass. Only gripes I have about this figure are that I have trouble keeping his hair parts held together (you can switch hair pieces so that he can wear his head-piece over the hair, like with Seiya), and that for some reason the paint scrapes off his armor super easy. It's a shame because it's an awesome figure, and Shiryu rocks. He also comes with at least one hand to allow him to go into the pose for using the Excalibur technique.

Taurus Aldebaran: it's Aldebaran, he's ugly, but he looks ugly normally, so they did a good job sculpting his ugliness. And, god damn is he massive. He is the brute squad, seriously, he is so large that they pack him with his feet taken off the figure, because he's that tall. Seiya version 3 armor only comes up to his shoulders, and that's counting the top of Seiya's hair (and that Seiya is taller than the version 2 armor Seiya, also because he's a bit older and has grown a bit)! The Taurus Cloth is done with so much metal it's impressive. Pretty much every part of it is metal, exception being the helmet and I think the side parts of his belt (the front and back are metal). Even those massive shoulder guards, with the spikes, are metal.

Hydra Ichi (Bronze Saint, version 2 body): great sculpt of a truly ugly character. If you know The King of Fighters characters, Choi Bounge was based off him. He's got a kind of a mohawk, black eyes as in no whites, and no eyebrows. Has a kind of a sick smirk on his face. It looks like Ichi, it's just that I hate that character and never bought his figure so I can't really tell you how well it's made. He has silvery colored armor. Shoulder guards, torso armor, fore-arm armor, knee guards, and armor for the lower legs. Of course his feet are armored as are all the Myth Cloth figures. Has claws that you can attach to the back of the hands so it looks kind of wolverine-ish, although Ichi's are curved. Also has alternate knee-guards with claws.

Unicorn Jabu (Bronze Saint, version 2 body): Seiya's rival sort of at the beginning of the series. It looks like Jabu a lot, not perfectly, but the sculptor really got the spirit of him there. The smirk of superiority makes me want to rip the head off that figure, so although the face doesn't look perfect, they did a good job of conveying the character. Has a headpiece to look like how he appears in the manga (a circlet with a horn sticking out of it), and has his unicorn helmet like in the anime. Has a bluish/purplish metal torso armor, shoulder armor, upper-leg, knee, and lower-leg armor. Didn't get him because I really don't like that character.

Pope Shion: He was a special release that you had to collect proofs of purchase for and send in with money, in Japan or China. You could pick some of these up for retail in France as a limited release imported by Bandai France (but it was very limited and supposedly only one large shipment to France). Awesome sculpt of the young looking Aries Shion that become the Pope of Sanctuary. Has really pale skin, the dots instead of eyebrows like Mu, long green hair with spiky tufts on his head. Comes with a gold collar armor thing (it's not a collar and it's not a chest protector...). Comes with a cloth robe with gold embroidery along the front that closes with velcro. Comes with an alternate black head to put on when he wears the Pope helmet so it looks like he's wearing a black mask. Also comes with twelve display stands for the twelve Gold Saints, and a cape for Sagittarius Aioros/Aiolos. He can wear the Aries Cloth and even wear the helmet. Although you have to switch his feet out with Mu's, because although his feet are shaped to look like the Aries boots, his are dark silvery purple. Alternately I think you can exchange his head and Mu's head. Expect to pay a hefty price to pick up this figure now.

Gemini Saga: If you were limited to buying only one more figure, I would suggest Gemini Saga. The sculpt is one of the best if not THE BEST. You not only get the figure of Gemini Saga with his long wavy blue hair, you get an alternate head and hair for a different look, and you get a black body with black head (as in black black, not African black) for use when you want to display him as the "remote controlled" Gemini armor with mysterious shadowy figure inside. And, you get a head that goes with either of the two bodies that is made to look like the mask of the Pope, because you get the Evil Pope robes, shoulder armor with spikes, helmet, throne, and golden dagger.

So you get two figures, four heads, two different hair sets, the Gemini Cloth with helmet, the Evil Pope robes, Evil Pope shoulder armor, Evil Pope cape, Evil Pope Helmet, and the golden dagger.

I'm trying to keep this spoiler free, in case anyone wants to watch the anime or read the manga, so bear with me for those of you who already know the story.

The Gemini Cloth is pretty much full metal. The only plastic part of the armor are the pieces of the belt that go around the waist (the stuff that clips onto it and hangs from it, all four are metal), and the helmet.

He's a badass character, is important in the series, and is the most popular of the Gold Saint characters.

Be prepared to pay extra, but he's worth it.

Pisces Aphrodite: Yes, HE is a man. I know he looks like a woman, but believe me, he is a man. Yes, he wears lipstick. He is one of the main characters in Saint Seiya that started off the popularity of the pretty-boys that look like women. He even got parodied by Rumiko Takahashi who based Kodachi Kuno off of him as a parody. The sculpt is fantastic, it's Aphrodite. Looks good with or without the helmet. This figure has extremely pale skin, because that character has pale skin. Like Gemini Saga, the armor is all metal except the belt and helmet. Despite the character looking girly, I find the armor is really cool with the fins sticking off of it like blades and the double shoulder armor. Comes with two heads, the second one is so he can hold a rose in his mouth. Also comes with hands that hold roses, since he attacks with roses. Includes white roses, red roses, and black roses (Kodachi "the black rose" Kuno).

*Starting from here everyone else has version 2 bodies

Cygnus Hyoga Version 3 armor: It's really Hyoga and damn he looks good from the pictures. Haven't picked up this figure unfortunately. Comes with a second head to have one of his eyes bandaged. Also comes with an extra hair piece and a new head-piece from the Aquarius Cloth so that this figure can wear the Aquarius Cloth (and damn he looks good in it).

Lionet Ban (Bronze Saint): Well done ugly character. Didn't get him. Unimportant character who gets something like two lines through the whole series. I wouldn't recommend getting this figure unless you really like that character or the way he looks.

Wolf Nachi (Bronze Saint): Well done not so nice looking character. Simple Bronze armor like all the other un-upgraded Bronze Saints. Has more screen time in the series than Ban, but less than Jabu or Ichi. Wouldn't recommend getting unless you like the way he looks or like the character.

Garuda Aiocos (Specter Judge): Fantastic sculpt, it looks like him. Unfortunately I don't own him yet. But from what I could see, his armor is superbly done. I don't know how much metal content, but I would think it's mostly metal. Wings are probably plastic.

Lyre Orpheus (Silver Saint): Very well done character, it looks just like him. God, how I can't stand this character. I don't own him. I'd hazard a guess that his Cloth is mostly metal.

Andromeda Shun Version 3 armor: Looks great, it's Shun. He looks kind of sad. Again, armor is probably mostly metal. Comes with metal chains and plastic chains that are pre-posed. I don't have him yet either.

Duhbe Siegfried: It's Siegfried from the Asgard Arc (anime only). Looks pretty cool and he's a pretty cool character from the little bits I have seen and have been told. Don't have him though. I would guess his armor is mostly metal too.

Bear Geki (Bronze Saint): Ugly as hell done well. By far he's got to be the best done ugly sculpt yet. Another throw away Bronze character. :p

Griffon Minos (Specter Judge): The third of the three Judges, well done sculpt and armor, but I don't have him. Dang. Too many figures to buy. And he's a sick sadistic bastard.

Pandora: Second special release figure that you had to collect proofs of purchase and all that. Didn't get her. Comes with cloth dress, a giant harp, a spear, and three display stands for the three judges. Has a different type of body that's less poseable but gives her womanly shapes beneath that dress. It looks like her, and do I hate her guts. You'll probably find her more easier and possibly for cheaper than Pope Shion, but I could be wrong.

Kraken Issac (Marina General): very well executed. It looks like the character, and they did his armor looking really well. I don't like the character enough to have bought him yet though, although I'll think about it in the future if I can get him for a not too steep price.

Sea Dragon Kanon (Marina General): Well if you look at all the figures you'll notice he looks like Saga, well the cat's out of the bag, he's his twin brother (but that's all I'll say about that). You get an alternate figure with Kanon. So you get his "Scale" the Sea Dragon armor, a second figure of him that you can place a cloth tunic on, and an alternate head to give him that mysterious shadowed over eyes look when he wears his helmet. Currently waiting for this one to arrive.

Phoenix Ikki Version 3 armor: The latest Saint to be released. I think he's hitting stores now or will be soon. Looks totally badass. I don't have him yet. He looks awesome.

Surplice Aries Shion: Looks awesome from the few preview pictures out. Dark version armor with sharp motifs. Looking forward to getting this one. I missed the pre-order on HLJ, goddamnit.

There's a special Hades figure that you have to get by sending in proofs of purchase with money, in Japan. I didn't pay attention to the details because I didn't care to get him.

Man, thats incredible, thank you :)

i like the newer bodies more than the old, so I s'pose Ill skip most of the gold saints at this time, unless they re-issue them with the newer body stule. Sagitarius and Leo both caught my eye.

At this moment I want the final armour for the main 5 Bronze saints and the Unicorn one. I dig all those from what I've seen. Of the gold saints Im most tempted by Sgaitarius and Leo, though the one with the scales is tempting too (I forget what sign that is). I just wish the figure bodies were the newer type on them.

Are they likely to reissue the older ones? And are there any pics around of these addition packs u talked about?

They have been reissuing the old ones a few times, espcially the Gold Saints. But if you are looking for re-issues with a new body, then its less likely. Cause Bandai just introduced a new line call Appendix, which basically are bust statues of these Seiya figures in scale with the Myth line, but with head, armor pieces, and hands swappable. This is Bandai's solution for upgrading some of the older releases that doesn't have a very good looking head. The Appendix does make the old releases look a lot better. So when Bandai just started the Appendix line, its even less likely they will reissue the Gold Saints with brand new body.

If you are happy with the 2nd generation body of your Seiya, you'll be amazed by the 3rd generation body on the latest releases. Joints much tighter and even better range of movement. But even with the new body, these figures are still more of a nice poseable display piece, rather than some action figure you can fiddle with a lot. the weight of the armor is still a lot of the joints to bear if you have a lot of playtime. They tend to need the stands to help them stand properly, especially the old versions.

Here are pics of the busts/appendix/addition packs:

Gemini Saga/Kanon

IPB Image

Virgo Shaka

IPB Image

(and to show how the Myth Cloth looks in comparison to the new sculpted head, and also to show how the original Saint Seiya figures were, the chunky monkeys of Saint Seiya)

IPB Image

Wyvern Radamanthys

IPB Image

And the Myth Cloth figure's original head sculpt.

IPB Image

Here's a pic of Leo Aioria/Aiolia next to his chunky-monkey counterpart:

IPB Image

I think that Bandai should go back and redo the armor of the older Gold Saints, or sell a set of resculpted armor with the Appendix line at the least. Aioria's Cloth could fit better...

Between Leo Aioria and Sagittarius Aioros (they're brothers by the way), go for Aioros because your Seiya can wear that armor!

IPB Image

Besides, the way the Gold Cloths are set up, you wouldn't be able to take advantage of the super posability of the newer bodies, particularly the chest and abdomen areas (they're covered up and unable to move). If you like a particular Gold Cloth, pick it up when it's re-issued.

And so you know, there is one more version of the Bronze Cloths of the main cast that I am certain will eventually be made. They're known as "kamui" and I won't go into details, but I'll say that they're even more impressive than the version 3 armors and have a lot more armor to them. To be honest I don't know when Bandai will do those, but it's a given that Bandai will make them.

And as a follow up to my last post, here's a few pages from Figure Oh that shows what had been made up until that issue.

The Main cast of five Bronze Saints in their version 2 armor.

Dragon Shiryu top left, Cygnus Hyoga middle left, Pegasus Seiya top right, Phoenix Ikki lower left, and Andromeda Shun lower right:

IPB Image

The next one isn't ordered by when they were made or even by zodiac sign, these are most of the Gold Saints.

Gemini Saga top left, Aries Mu top right, Taurus Aldebaran upper middle right, Cancer Deathmask lower middle right, Virgo Shaka bottom right, Leo Aioria middle left, Scorpio Milo bottom left:

IPB Image

The rest of the Gold Saints.

Sagittarius Aioros top left, Capricorn Shura middle left, Libra Dohko top right, Aquarius Camus middle right, Pisces Aphrodite bottom. Oh, and I forgot to mention that Libra Dohko's armor comes with a set of 12 weapons (if you count the shields as weapons). Two swords, two spears, two shields, two batons, two three-sectioned-staffs, and two nunchaku.

IPB Image

Last pic in next post because I can't post more pics in this post, it won't let me. :p

And the rest up to that point.

Dragon Shiryu version 3 armor top left, Unicorn Jabu middle left, Pegasus Seiya version 3 armor top right, Wyvern Radamanthys middle right, Pope Shion special figure bottom right.

IPB Image

I linked the last pics because a couple of them are rather large-ish.

Recently somebody pointed out something weird about the name of this thread... I am too lazy to check ten pages and see the oppinion of the rest of you guys... but I guess (or should I say "we") if nobody says nothing about the slight chance... then silence means acceptance... sad

Well I bought Seiya for $48.44 from HLJ including EMS shipping ($32.52+15.92). Expect to pay the same amount for the rest of the Bronze Saints.

If HLJ gets Unicorn Jabu back in stock, it would cost you around $45 with EMS shipping (EMS about $14), although they have SAL (around $6).

In my opinion, for Bronze Saints a price range of $40-50 is acceptable with shipping or in a walk-in shop. For Gold Saints and the other more armored figures, something around $40-70. Heading towards $70 are the really delux figures that come with a LOT of stuff, like Gemini Saga.

If you wanted to get Sagittarius Aiolos right now, HLJ has him in low stock:

Sagittarius Aiolos low-stock re-stock

He must have been restocked yesterday night or early this morning, because he wasn't in stock when I looked last night. He's $34.23 with the option of $17.46 EMS shipping or $8.39 SAL shipping. If you want him, you should snatch him up now while you can.

How much did you pay for Seiya by the way?

As for the name of the thread, a mod is screwing with us. :p But, hey, we can take it to mean that they're the ultimate "happy" figure collection. :lol:

I got him ina sale, for about $70 Aussie (55 us or so). Ill be excited if I can pay 80 or less for these guys in Australian, because shipping is always a killer out here.

It looks like that figure has sold out again. S'ok, I've seen em round ebay for about what I will pay. Ill be getting these slowly in between Macross and my other buys :) I DO like the figures a lot though.

The busts are a neat idea, though i dont think I need one for Seiya. hell, all they need to do is release a few of the base bodies with diff coloured 'clothes' so u can update them for the older armours...

Recently somebody pointed out something weird about the name of this thread... I am too lazy to check ten pages and see the oppinion of the rest of you guys... but I guess (or should I say "we") if nobody says nothing about the slight chance... then silence means acceptance... sad

hey, wtf, who did that?? THAT IS NOT COOL! screw whoever did that!

Well, I scored a Jabu and a Ichi on The 'Bay. 2 for the price of one, which Im pretty happy about. I htink I'll try and grab all the bronze saint; I like the simplicity of the armour designs. Im also eyeing Orpheus, who looks great, and Krakken, who looks like a total badass.

Lyra Orphe (Orpheus is actually another guy, appeared in Seiya's first OVA, which look very similar to Orphe but suckier, and in blue) is pretty nice, other than being a bit short. He turned out to be a tad shorter than other characters (but not so in the anime), though his hair almost made up for it. Very nice silver with very very light purple accent. It has the version 2 body. Oh, I would recommend Sea Dragon Kanon over Krakken, since you get 2 figure instead of 1. Its quite sweet, a much more important character, and more bang for the buck, unless you really like Krakken Isaac.

Though I always like the Gold Saints more, with the more ornate armor designs. What I have been doing lately is having some of my better sculpted Bronze guys wearing the Gold Cloths. Can't wait for more Appendix to come out to give the entire collection a literal face-lift where its needed.

Edited by mpchi

i like the Appendix idea a lot actually. Though new bodies would help the gold saints a lot.

My main problem with the gold saint bodies is the older articulatio, especially around the hips. soe of them are tempting, but with all the bronze saints, and some of the asgard and poseidon guys also having cooler bodies, i dont feel the massive need to spend more money on them. Maybe they'll be redone again, who knows. Sagitarius, Leo, Gemini and Lyra (Is it lyra with the weapons?) are tempting.

i like the Appendix idea a lot actually. Though new bodies would help the gold saints a lot.

My main problem with the gold saint bodies is the older articulatio, especially around the hips. soe of them are tempting, but with all the bronze saints, and some of the asgard and poseidon guys also having cooler bodies, i dont feel the massive need to spend more money on them. Maybe they'll be redone again, who knows. Sagitarius, Leo, Gemini and Lyra (Is it lyra with the weapons?) are tempting.

Libra is the one with all the weapons. The weapons are nice and heavy, but the Cloth itself is a bit chunky, and Dohko's head is not that nicely sculpt. I have Shiryu wearing it at the moment. :p Lyra is Orphe, the Silver Saint lyre playing guy that shows up in Hades Inferno OVA. Out of the few you listed, Gemini is the best Gold Saint, if you ever plan on getting any. Again, 2 bodies (version 1 only though), very nice head sculpt, and lots of extras including the evil Pope. Pairing with Sea Dragon, its awesome, if you want to swap the 2 version 3 bodies around. Even though the normal clothing Kanon body has clothing detail molded on the figure, it looks like it can still fit the armor pieces on. Just a tighter fit. Get the best of both worlds if you buy both of these. ;)