Saint Seiya Saint Cloth Myth

Golgoth 13

First, sorry for my poor english.

I follow many fans on this forum with macross goods, but I was asking if there was some Saint Seiya fans here?

Cause the new japan figure called Saint Cloth Myth are very impressive once in hands. And after Pegasus, Dragon & Cygnus, Andromeda is going to be released in a couple of days.

Andromeda, box open

and next month Phoenix and then Gold Saint like:

Leo & Aquarius

They are wonderful figures. I love them almost the same as my Yamato Valkyrie. ;) Thinking about it ! No I prefer my 1/48 Yamato but I hope the whole Saint Seiya collection would be releases by Bandai.

Maybe someone knows more information about the next figueres? I don't speak about the 5' and the 8' figure, but only the SCM.

They are making Golden Saints too?!?!!?!?!?!? :o

*dies*

I got Seiya and Shiryu.... waiting on Hyoga (hlj was sold). Really nice figures, but I found Shiryu to be of slightly lower quality when compared to Seiya (the leg pieces to stay in place all that well, and the legs are kind of too thin).

Very nice figures, awsome news. :)

Hello Abombz!!,

you will be very happy when you'll receive Hyoga, cause the box contains 13 !!! hands :blink: (there was 8 for seiya & 8 for shiryu). Awesome choice.

Many people think Shiryu is the lower quality of the 3 released. I'm not totally right. It's true for the fixation of the leg pieces, but the eyes (chineese style) and the size is corect with the anime. He's taller than Seiya & Hyoga. And the hairs are terrible :D ; with 3 joints of articulation. I think I prefer design of Dragon, even if the quality isn't as top as Seiya or Hyoga.

Hello Abombz!!,

you will be very happy when you'll receive Hyoga, cause the box contains 13 !!! hands :blink: (there was 8 for seiya & 8 for shiryu). Awesome choice.

Many people think Shiryu is the lower quality of the 3 released. I'm not totally right. It's true for the fixation of the leg pieces, but the eyes (chineese style) and the size is corect with the anime. He's taller than Seiya & Hyoga. And the hairs are terrible :D ; with 3 joints of articulation. I think I prefer design of Dragon, even if the quality isn't as top as Seiya or Hyoga.

13 hands!!!!??!?!?! :huh:

Yeah.... Dragon has a really cool cloth, much better then Seiyas. I like how it implies that Shiryu is always fighting to death, and that protection isn't worth anything in his battles. Mainly because his cloth leaves alot exposed.

As for the gold saints.... I hope they find a way to cover the leg entirely, so when you pose them kneeled, pieces of the figures legs don't show up. :blink:

As for the gold saints.... I hope they find a way to cover the leg entirely, so when you pose them kneeled, pieces of the figures legs don't show up. :blink:

I don't think so. The leo version you have seen in my link is the final version and it's gonna be out in april, after Ikki. And you can see the leg, but It doesn't bother me a lot. Araki style is very thin in the anime so I prefer knight toy like the SCM compared to the figure of the 80's, whick look like robots.

I already saw those pics. Damn those new toys are awesome ( more cartoon like ) but in term of toys I'm only stick with robots. However, I love Saint Seiya the anime and I just viewed the first 13 Hades saga episodes. I cant' wait for the others and the movie 'The Tenkai hen" :lol:

:p And you're French Golgoth 13. I guessed that with you username. I also collect the awesome GX-04S Grendizer and Speizer set from Bandai's Soul of Chogokin line. :D

Salut : Godorak go et le cosmos est éternel :p

oh yah, these are cool, I'm waiting for my Cygnus as well, bought it from a board member for a really good price.

and yah, the gold saints are going to be freakin awesome. much better than the ones released in the 80's. and can you say aquarius custom for Hades chapter?? awww man, that'd be sweet.

question tho: do you guys have the hades gold saints? I know they're the uglee old design but I'm sure it'd be a long while before they release those as the Myth Figures if at all. how's the quality of those? and how are the new head sculpts?

Edited by Eternal_D

I don't think so. The leo version you have seen in my link is the final version and it's gonna be out in april, after Ikki. And you can see the leg, but It doesn't bother me a lot. Araki style is very thin in the anime so I prefer knight toy like the SCM compared to the figure of the 80's, whick look like robots.

I agree with you on the leg thing. I just think that they over done it a little with Shiryu. The few times I played around with it the articulations felt a little lose and the legs couldn't really stand the weight. It is a monumental improvement over the old figures.

I just find it a pitty that I won't be able to play around with the golden saints pose because of the leg armor thing. And I wonder how Bandai is going to make helmets work with the current hair set up.

I am very excited about these figures too. Have Seiya with me, while waiting for my Shiryu & Hyoga to show up in the mail. The rest are all pre-ordered. :p

There are quite a few flaws in the Seiya (Huge head, very loose ankles, big obvious chips on plastic chrome, hands too hard to change, robotic looking elbow, wobbly belt, very rough finish on diecast parts...etc.). But I still like these more and more as I've wanted a cool Seiya collection for more than a decade, and this is as close as it gets. Just hope Bandai will improve the quality on the upcoming ones.

So the Shiryu figure is actually taller than Seiya? That's great. With their heads so big in general, having Shiryu as short as Seiya wouldn't help one bit.

:p And you're French Golgoth 13. I guessed that with you username. I also collect the awesome GX-04S Grendizer and Speizer set from Bandai's Soul of Chogokin line. :D

Hi VF-0S FAN,

Yes, I'm french and I' m the happy owner of the Grendizer. In fact I have the first set without the spazer and the big set like you, with Grendizer & spazer. So I've got 2 Goldorak... and many other SOC :D . I pray for Bandai release Golgoths.

For the size of the Saint Cloth Myth, the différence is made with the feet. You can clearly see that on this pic :

scm_5bronzes_proto_mag.jpg

Edited by Golgoth 13

Hi VF-0S FAN,

Yes, I'm french and I' m the happy owner of the Grendizer. In fact I have the first set without the spazer and the big set like you, with Grendizer & spazer. So I've got 2 Goldorak... and many other SOC :D . I pray for Bandai release Golgoths.

For the size of the Saint Cloth Myth, the différence is made with the feet. You can clearly see that on this pic :

scm_5bronzes_proto_mag.jpg

They seem to be about the same size. And I have to say.... Hyoga looks the best out of the 5. :D

I wish they woulda made Ikki better, my fav of the five cuz he doesn't whine about anything really...plus if you kill him, he'll just come back to life...that's pretty sweet.

and yah, standing shiryu and seiya next to each other, you can see that shiryu's leg/knee joints are higher than seiyas, but you can't see muh of a difference because of seiya's big head o hair. :D

Edited by Eternal_D

One Saint cost 37 US$ in Japan.

But I don't know the price in US, cause I live in France. :p We can find them in shop for 50 til 90€. It's not cheap, but there's many fans here and this collection seems to be very limited. It's almost impossible to find a Pegasus/Seiya now in Japan or at a very high price, even if this model is out last november. If we want a nice price, we need to use internet-shop, but only for the news.

One Saint cost 37 US$ in Japan.

But I don't know the price in US, cause I live in France. :p We can find them in shop for 50 til 90€. It's not cheap, but there's many fans here and this collection seems to be very limited. It's almost impossible to find a Pegasus/Seiya now in Japan or at a very high price, even if this model is out last november. If we want a nice price, we need to use internet-shop, but only for the news.

Explain your username please.

Were you going for a Axis of the Wheel thing? IE Golgotha, the city where Christ was crucified??? More specifically on the 13th hill?

It's very simple. In France, the vilains of the serie Goldorak (aka Ufo Robot Grendizer in Japan) are called with the name Golgoth and a number.

And except Grendizer, I like the movie and the OAV, Golgo 13, so it's a little bit of the 2 anime.

And my avatar is a drawing from Didier Poli, who is one of the designer for the french miniature game Confrontation (from Rackam). :p

Edited by Golgoth 13

It's very simple. In France, the vilains of the serie Goldorak (aka Ufo Robot Grendizer in Japan) are called with the name Golgoth and a number.

And except Grendizer, I like the movie and the OAV, Golgo 13, so it's a little bit of the 2 anime.

And my avatar is a drawing from Didier Poli, who is one of the designer for the french miniature game Confrontation (from Rackam). :p

Ah thanks... In case you didn't know, Golgo 13, the name actually came from Golgotha, the city where Christ was crucified on the 13th hill. The idea behind it was that Duke Togo is actually a second coming if Christ, or possibly the anti-Christ, or even beyond that something that God had in mind that went terribly wrong... Then again he could just be a tough MFer who picked a scarry code name. I don't think that Saito will ever spill the beas asto that DT is REALLY supposed to be.

Man, I somehow always end up having this Love-Hate relationship with these Seiya figures. I just received Shiryu & Hyoga from the mail yesterday, and was very excited to open them and put them together. But 30 minutes later, I find myself with 2 more cool looking figures that have a bunch of QC/design issues. :(

Both has different eyes from the cover pictures, just like Seiya did. But Luckily, Shiryu actually looked better. Their ankles improved, not super loose like Seiya, but the connections of Shiryu's chest and shoulder pieces are not too intuitive. They don't even put any grooves on the pegs to prevent them from falling off, and one of the hinges on the chest piece are quite loose, making the chest armor wobble around all the time. Hyoga on the other hand has the improved chest design that actually secures the chest armor by the front piece, but again the pegs are so small and no grooves that it pops out easy, especially when posing Aura Thunder Attack, even with the shoulders pulled out. The buckle on Hyoga's belt is more of a joke, as it fall off on its own, let alone securing the piece. And Hyoga's neck joint is much more limited than the others, and the shape of his hair doesn't help, making his head can't turn sideway more than 20 degrees or so. I got so frustrated at one point that I almost consider cancelling all my preorders and stop collecting the series....almost.

But as I posed them side by side with Seiya, they do look super cool. I do have to spread out Shiryu's shoulder armor more like a V shape to give him a cooler, broader shoulder for him to look right. His head is pretty big, like others, but his hair is cool. Hyoga looks good, but his neck articulation really hurt his poses. And I have to bust out my super glue to thicken some of those tiny pegs, while I may have to live with the wobbly chest & loose metal hinges. :huh: To me, it does look like all the Bronze Saints are still the test bed of this line, since they could have eliminate Shiryu's wobbly chest if they designed it like Hyoga's. But looks like they couldn't think of that early enough. And many of those pegs were not very well thought out or sized right either. Hope these issues get resolved by the time we get to the Gold Saints.

Excited still, but quite disappointed at the same time.

Edited by mpchi

hey Saint Seiya fans. I need a site or information about the Hades gold saints toys. Mainly I need to know the people have these and compare diecast content. If I got non-bootleg version or not...

thanks.

on another note...here's a pic of all 3 of my figs in respective poses...click here.

Edited by Eternal_D

Thanks for the explanation of Golgotha "Agent ONE".

For "Abombz!!" [EDIT : Ooops! :huh: sorry, it was for "Eternal_D], arms and legs are in plastic even with the Bandai HK Hades clothes.

And I can't see your photos "Eternal_D", even if I log in... !!! Can you make an other link or put the photos on the forum, please. I have no digital cam so I can't show you my SCM.

Edited by Golgoth 13

For "Abombz!!", arms and legs are in plastic even with the Bandai HK Hades clothes.

Thats not what I meant. I meant that, in Shiryus case, the old figure had a better designed chest armor piece. This one feels very loose, and doesn't look much like the anime version.

Hmmm.......

I think I slowly get the deal why Seiya's head is so big, so as Shiryu's. Seems like Bandai had it all planned out from the beginning, changing the proportion/height of different characters by only extending the legs, while the head, torso and probably arms remains the same so that they can reuse the same mold, also assuring the Cloths can fit interchangeably between different characters, like Seiya wearing Sagitarius, Hyoga wear Aquarius...etc. And since Seiya is one of the smallest character, his head looks exceptionally big. Once you take off his head piece with just the hair, he looks a bit better proportion wise.

Ikki looks cool with Leo on. :D

Hmmm.......

I think I slowly get the deal why Seiya's head is so big, so as Shiryu's. Seems like Bandai had it all planned out from the beginning, changing the proportion/height of different characters by only extending the legs, while the head, torso and probably arms remains the same so that they can reuse the same mold, also assuring the Cloths can fit interchangeably between different characters, like Seiya wearing Sagitarius, Hyoga wear Aquarius...etc. And since Seiya is one of the smallest character, his head looks exceptionally big. Once you take off his head piece with just the hair, he looks a bit better proportion wise.

Ikki looks cool with Leo on. :D

if it's like that and majority of the height difference is in the detachable feet, then doesn't seiya get an extra height boost buy wearing the sagitarius clothes? damn it's like me when I wear my dress shoes...extra inch and a half height boost! hehe.

No, Eternal_D, that's not what mpchi want to say. The difference of size is not only in the detachable feet but in the legs as we can see on the pictures above. Aiora with Leo armor is still higher than Ikki with Leo armor, even if both of them wear Leo feet. :p

Edited by Golgoth 13