Which is your favorite Star Trek series?

UN Spacy

Which is your favorite Star Trek series?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
    • Star Trek: Enterprise

oh bloody hell.. I'm one of those Trekkies that likes them all.. hard to pick just one favorite..

I'll just say I like TOS the least, since I haven't seen much of it at all.. was a bit before my time.

I picked DS9, since it had the great battles that I enjoyed so much, and was the only series to have soooooooo many regular characters.

Star Trek TNG is my favorite followed by DS9. I'm not a huge fan of of TOS but I watch it every now & then. Its a toss up of which is worse, Voyager or Enterprise.

I wonder where the franchise is headed. With that awful movie, Nemesis and lame Enterprise show, it doesn't look good.

i can actually remember a time when the original was all there was, i must be old man on campus here.

sorry not a star trek fan at all really, though i did think the space ship in deep space 9 was kinda cool (unlike just about all the other ships in the star trek universe)

my favourite was DS9 cuz of all the interesting characters, also the USS Defient kicked ass...but i really liked the story and how it played out from the bjoren prophets to the dominion war(which i always thout the star trek series was missing, 100s of starships battleing it out), which proved that starfleet wasnt all powerful as they thought they were. TNG would be my second choice. But i couldnt stand Voyager i thougt that characters where dull and boring... since voyager it seems that for some odd reasion that every starship now has an extremely hot chick on board that adds nothing to to story but tring to get high ratings from the geeky population. Enterprise i cant stand either, it look good from the begining but it seems the story isnt going anywhere.

Edited by Murphy

Deep Space 9. Loved the characters, the station design, and the stories were the best. After that, original series and movies 2-6.

TOS (gotta love Kirk and his swagger as well the fact he always got the woman and was arrogant about it too). DS9 a close second once they started gearing up and prosecuting the whoe Dominion War.

TNG was too PC and "story of the week" and Voyager was blah (what I saw of it). Have only seen like 1 complete episode of Enterprise and there was no reminiscence of TOS. Boring, too.

You didn't include the 1973-74 cartoon, which had the original cast as voice actors. I've heard it's pretty good, though I've only seen a couple episodes. Anyway, I voted for TOS, and I agree that it's gotten crappier and crappier with each generation. I'm so old school I even liked the first movie better than the rest. (It did have a number of faults, but IMO it was a good translation of the original show into a real film, not merely a long TV episode.)

If Kirk ain't bagging a green bimbo, if Bones isn't in a tizzy over Spock's cold logical nature, and if the rest of the character aren't internationally generic molds... then I ain't watching.

Old School Trek all the way.

:lol: Yet another quote that sounds good in a Chris Rock voice!

I loved TOS when I watched the reruns as a kid. The Federation back then weren't as goodey-two-shoes as in TNG and later. Or was it simply Kirk's way of doing things...?

Though I love TOS, I believe TNG as a whole was better.

DS9 comes next for me but the first couple of seasons seemed dull to me. It picked up about halfway in its run.

Voyager interested me at first but it didn't hold me for long.

Enterprise? I've only watched a few episodes at the beginning but that was it.

Anyone remember that ER meets Star Trek series? That didn't last too long, lol!

TNG for me. I prefered the writing and cast dynamic over the other series. Cept for J. Franks *ejects him into space*

After that I'd have to say DS9, TOS, Enterprise, and lastly Voyager.

As for the movies, pretty much the even numbered ones; Wrath of Kahn, Voyage Home, and Undiscovered Country. 1st contact was Okay, but other than that I try and forget the Next Gen movies exist, expecially Nemesis.

Edited by GobotFool

Not a Trekkie, but I don't mind watching TOS, TNG and DS9 if they are on.

Never liked the characters in Voyager, although I've only seen around 3 episodes, so maybe I'm not giving it a chance.

Enterprise hasn't been shown here in HK yet, but I did catch a few eps last time I was back in UK. However, what I saw seemed really dull and lacking in any atmosphere.

For me Star Trek is one of those franchise, that I don't mind watching if it's on TV, but I certainly don't like it enough to buy the DVDs, toys, models etc.

Graham

wow.. such different opinions here! I'm surprised at the bad rep you guys give Enterprise.. I really really like that show.. maybe it's just me, but I find it so very easy to relate to the characters and realistic style of the ship's interior designs..

those first episodes were so neat with the simple, yet very current, exploratory mission ideas... much like what I'd imagine we'd persue in real life these days, given the technology.

I love the chemestry between Trip/Malcom, Trip/T'pol, Archer/Trip, Archer/T'pol, Hoshi/Maywhether, Phlox/all.. some very good acting by John Billingsley and Scott Bakula

I agree that there has been too much fan service in some of the episodes, but then I remember the crew we're watching.. they seem to be, on average, younger than the rest of the Star Trek crew's we've seen over the years. So it all kindof fits, in my mind, while I'm watching it. It never fails to entertain me. Now, how can you all say the story isn't going anywhere when they've written the first full-season story arc in Star Trek since DS9's Dominion War? The Expanse is an awesome region of space for story writting.. it gives them lots of room for wackyness.

wow.. such different opinions here! I'm surprised at the bad rep you guys give Enterprise.. I really really like that show.. maybe it's just me, but I find it so very easy to relate to the characters and realistic style of the ship's interior designs..

Don't get me wrong.....I also like the way Enterprise is heading. Personally, I'm liking it a lot more than TOS or VOY. It's too bad that the oversaturation that Trek divided most of the fans into their respective camps. :(

I had very high hopes for Enterprise, but after 3 seasons, it seems to be falling into the trap everyone thought it would - space is no longer new and exciting. It all feels old hat, both technologically and plot-wise: all the eps can do now is rewrite instead of shed light on the early days. :(

I'm a Star Trek fan, a Trekkie, Trekker, Spock Groker, Virginal Loser take your pick (if you pick the last one, I will hunt you down like a dog). I like them all (save for Voyager and Enterprise, they just don't have the magic of TNG or TOS). Too bad you don't have New Frontier on the list or I would have voted for that in a heartbeat.

Calhoun is the Shiznit.

I still like The Original Series decently enough. Fun and campy. The movies are where it was at, though. Especially 2,3, and 6.

I don't really watch any of it anymore, though. What with the way the series has been going since Next Gen (which was certainly allright, I just hated the uniforms, set designs, and ship designs, and despised the movies) I've just lost all interest in the franchise. DS9 was an excellent idea, and not a terrible series, but the plot seemed to follow a very specific formula. New threat discovered, tension, tension, build up, fleets of starships making tantalizing appearances and then....nothing. Everything gets poorly resolved in a way that preserves the peace. Even the Dominion War seemed very laid back for the most part. Voyager was just a train wreck from beginning to it's horrible, wretched, franchise gimping end. After Voyager's end, all Paramount can do is series set in pre-voyager times, or go a route that would change the universe drastically (moreso), and that's just a big no-no to those hoping to milk the safe money. Paramount has made no secret that they do not count The Original Series as a part of the official timeline anymore and they' like everyone to quietly forget it. The man in charge of Trek has stated that he doesn't even like the shows, new or old.

Enterprise seemed like a good idea, but I was just never able to get into it. Seemed to bland and old-hat. My dissillusionment with the franchise probably didn't help any. It would take soemthing exceptionally good to draw my attention back to Trek. Not something that's simply 'allright', or something that's 'good, for recent Trek shows'.

TOS is the best, hands down. I also appear to be one of the few sucks to like Enterprise, though I admit the latest run has been a bit... lackluster, shall we say....

Kirk, Spock, and McCoy just can't be beat, though. Star Trek: TOS has been a part of my upbringing, right up there with Star Wars... hell, I learned how to read with the Star Trek Log series....

Paramount has made no secret that they do not count The Original Series as a part of the official timeline anymore and they' like everyone to quietly forget it.

WTF? Are you serious? :blink:

That I read as a statement attributed to the people that worked on the first two Starfleet Command games. They wanted to set them in the original series time frame, with those ship designs. Paramount would not let them, apparently stating that as the reason. They weren't happy about it from what I heard. So that's why the movie ship designs were used, despite being set in a TOS-esque time frame, from the universe and game rules set forth in the TOS based Starfleet Battles game. I know several people that are huge on Starfleet Battles, and they were upset about this as well.

They also wanted to use a couple TOS races that no longer make Trek appearances because the people at Paramount don't like them, and are quietly brushing them out of the Star Trek universe. I forget the race names, unfortunately. They still used those races stats, but created two new races and ship design sets to apply them too.

I voted DS9 all the way!

It changed the paradigm, took dramatic risks, and asked some tough questions especially in regards to spirituality and morality in war.

ENT is seriously lacking in quality and will hopefully be put to pasture soon.

TNG was also great, but I think DS9 slightly edges it out for me.

TOS is where it all started, and was great and still has a few eps that stand up real well (though I enjoy most of them).

I liked Voyager once they got into Borg space. Before that in the beginning it was meh. It wasn't bad but it wasn't something I made sure I set my VCR for like I did with Deep Space 9. Voyager was kinda extreme in things. When episodes were bad they were really bad and when they were good they were really good. At least it seemd that way to me.

Enterprise on the other had, just really hasn't grabed my attention. I can't help but compare it to other series but I'd much rather have it similar to Next Generation in that they would be exploring the galaxy, meeting different cultures the way things happen on TOS. What would be intresting would have been if everything was set on Earth. Kinda like how the one 2 parter on Deep Space 9 where Sisko ended up taking the place of one the leaders that cause reform during the 21st century. Something like that building up the launch of the first set of ships and then deal with first contacts would have been great. But we get a series where the they are already up to warp 5 and already dealing with time travel.

I do remember hearing how they were trying to phase out the TOS. Though I doubt they could do it all. Reason being is that Deep Space 9 and the Star Trek movies refer back to the original series quite a few times. Even Next Generation does at times. Honestly I think things would have been a LOT better if they had gone with the show about Captain Sulu instead of Enterprise. Now that would have been really interesting, especially since he was suppose to have made a lot of alien first contacts and had tons of intersting encounters during his command.

I am most definitely in the minority when I say that Voyager and Enterprise are among the top Trek series. I loved DS9 and TNG too, just about equally.

But Voyager is what got my interest in Star Trek. Before Voyager, I cared not for subspace.

Besides, Voyager has about the best ship designs in ALL of Trek. The Intrepid class is about THE MOST beautiful ship class, ever. I also love the Nova class, and I need not mention the Prometheus.

Besides, where can you go to find a Borg woman and a holographic doctor, who, by the way, are the best characters in Trek, save Data, who ranks way up there in way-coolness as well?

I can't bring myself to like TOS. Too retro/campy for me. The 60's died before I was born, and I'd rather let it stay dead.

Edited by Stamen0083

I have actually enjoyed Enterprise. It's not on the top of my list of things to see, but the episodes I've seen have been enjoyable, and I do like the cast, especially Tripp (tagged T'Pol last week :))and Phlox. I hope they let it finish naturally and don't cancel like the rumors have been going. It has potential to get even better if they give it strong story-telling. Some episodes have been hit-or-miss, but has kept some potential at least. Only problem is tapping the potential.

Give them some shields already! :huh: