Harmony Gold & Toynami releasing DYRL? Toys

Duke Togo

OK for us Westerners... lets just put it this way... Go into the nearest Best Buy and ask them why you can't find Disney in the "anime" section. Then go to the comic book store and ask why you can't find Spawn in the manga section. Different languages make new different meanings for foreign word. Let's just make it easier on each other stop pretending we don't know what we're talking about. ;)

Yeah, I guess it's just like "football"... soccer in Europe, and grid-iron over here.

OK for us Westerners... lets just put it this way...  Go into the nearest Best Buy and ask them why you can't find Disney in the "anime" section.  Then go to the comic book store and ask why you can't find Spawn in the manga section.  Different languages make new different meanings for foreign word.  Let's just make it easier on each other stop pretending we don't know what we're talking about. ;)

Yeah, I guess it's just like "football"... soccer in Europe, and grid-iron over here.

football everywhere is fottball except for the usa, which is armrored rguby.

OK for us Westerners... lets just put it this way...  Go into the nearest Best Buy and ask them why you can't find Disney in the "anime" section.  Then go to the comic book store and ask why you can't find Spawn in the manga section.  Different languages make new different meanings for foreign word.  Let's just make it easier on each other stop pretending we don't know what we're talking about. ;)

football everywhere is fottball except for the usa, which is armrored rguby.

That's what i meant. Thanks.

Edited by soze

IIRC, sometime in June. I'd be interested in going to this AX just to hear his lame explanation.

And everybody says, "crikey!" and, Goo dai*, mate!"

*waits for hordes of Aussie MW'ers to maul VF19 like a dingo eating a baby*

Anyway, we don't really know any more than we did when this topic was first posted, right? When is this AX panel?

I think they wanted to do that back on the old boards. ;)

YOU! You with the thread!

Ok, nice and easy not, put the thread down. That's right. Put it down, and nobody has to get hurt. Just put it down and back away, nice and slow, until there's something worth adding to it.

why dont we design a way better super poseable than them as a resin kit, one of the casters here casts it, and a few of us SELL it across from the camp at AX! That would piss them off! :D

I say we tampo print our faces with macross logos and engrave all our names into the resin kits!

yes engrave!

1 out of 10 kits sold has exclusive "giving the bird" hand included!

then for a base, a battle damagedzentran pod with HG scrawled across of it.

A W E S O M E

why dont we design a way better super poseable than them as a resin kit, one of the casters here casts it, and a few of us SELL it across from the camp at AX! That would piss them off! 

I say we tampo print our faces with macross logos and engrave all our names into the resin kits!

yes engrave!

1 out of 10 kits sold has exclusive "giving the bird" hand included!

then for a base, a battle damagedzentran pod with HG scrawled across of it.

A W E S O M E

Sweet idea!

I don't see the logic in hating HG for releasing DYRL stuff. No one really knows what they can release now, as the rights were literally in FUBAR hell. If they straightened everything out and we finally get Macross stuff here as a result....then the blocking of the MacPlus Yamato's, no VFX-2...is all old news and water under the bridge.

Maybe they wised up. Macross is cash cake waiting to happen and of course they want a slice...and if they wind up being the ones to do it, I say bring it on. They can sell both Macross and Robotech...big deal...as long as I get my Macross stuff.

HG has screwed Macross fans for years, but I think there is light at the end of this tunnel. About time too. Almost a year behind schedule. ;)

What photos? Do tell! :huh:

I think it was 2 years ago, during a convention panel of HG, some of the folks from MW boards attended and asked them questions regarding the legality of their practices and started booing their answers. A photo was taken of the HG posse (including BankOfKev) being given the bird and posted here but was taken off almost immediately. :D

Hmm, I wonder if we'll be treated to more hilarious photos with people flipping the bird at the other camp this year.

Yea...and all the hilarity Im sure that Shawn and Graham had to put up with people on both sides spamming the hell out of both MacrossWorld and Robotech.com. Sometimes I think fanboys should grow a brain stem and realise that sophomoric crap like that doesnt help their cause at all.....

Yea...and all the hilarity Im sure that Shawn and Graham had to put up with people on both sides spamming the hell out of both MacrossWorld and Robotech.com. Sometimes I think fanboys should grow a brain stem and realise that sophomoric crap like that doesnt help their cause at all.....

NOOOOO!!! it's because of fanboys the world goes round! where would we all be if we didn't have our gundam versus VF arguements? or the why MPC's suck threads? or how yamato is trying to screw us over by making toys thread? huh? Where? Sweet Macross, won't someone please think of the fanboys???

A photo was taken of the HG posse (including BankOfKev) being given the bird and posted here but was taken off almost immediately. :D

And you're proud of this... because?

I'm with 1BRD: Time for these petty fanboyisms to end, on both sides. I happen to enjoy both shows and hate it when one is slagged by the other.

NOOOOO!!! it's because of fanboys the world goes round! where would we all be if we didn't have our gundam versus VF arguements? or the why MPC's suck threads? or how yamato is trying to screw us over by making toys thread? huh? Where? Sweet Macross, won't someone please think of the fanboys???

I'm with you homey B))

WOW! I just saw this. With it not being in the Toys forum I'm surprised I ever noticed.

I can't believe that they're actually releasing DYRL figures under the Robotech license. It's almost as weird as Transformers releasing toys called Gobots.

And they're using the Japanese names too.

Well maybe we'll finally get a Region 1 release of DYRL on DVD. Maybe they'll even do a good dub of it too, not that I would watch the dub over the sub.

Randy

I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope all things have been resiolved peacefully, and we can have DYRL finally. Gotta wait for AX to find out though. If that happens, then FB2012 more than likely, and then toynami will be permitted to attempt a VF-4: why, because someone needs to, even if it's them, and Bandai and Yamato are not biting.

If they dub DYRL, it'll be the worst translation crime ever committed in anime history (right next to robotech itself)

Subititled Japanese.

If they want to do a M+ style dub on it fine, let them, but as long as the subitile track is unscathed. Based on the toys' being under the DYRL title, and no mention of Robotech, it would be very safe to say a DYRL dub included on a release would also be unrobotech-ized, just a regular dub. It better.

Edited by Anubis

Well I doubt HG would be the one releasing it themselves if they got the rights to it but ADV Films most likely. At least that way we won't have to worry about RT voice actors being in it. Last thing I think HG wants to do is make DYRL into a Robotech show. Having completely seperate VAs would be a way to please the Macross fans and show they are actually trying to push Macross and not trying to make Macross into Robotech.