2 PICS of EGM's Robotech: Invasion preview.

UN Spacy

Sorry I couldn't get scanned pics but these aren't too bad themselves. It's from the October 2003 issue of EGM, from their article on 80's revival. There are also games being released from 80's cartoons such as He-Man, Transformers (Armada :angry: ), etc. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one. :ph34r:

post-26-1062102998_thumb.jpg

"To the moon TDK...to the moon."

What a lousy outlook for the game. I was a staunt supporter of Battlecry (still am, its a fun little title), but this just doesn't make any sense. They're really trying too hard to impress people. The multiplayer idea is novel...but would have worked better in the Macross saga (20 people duking it out in Valks is quite the tease). Really disappointing :(

I'm placing faith that those screen shots are of a beta... and that said beta will change over development.

Still, an FPS game? Why? Mospeada almost needs to be a third person action title... how can you drive a mospeada in 1st person? how can you fly a legioss and watch it manuver and transform?

FPS giant transforming robot game = lame ass

I'm placing faith that those screen shots are of a beta... and that said beta will change over development.

Still, an FPS game? Why? Mospeada almost needs to be a third person action title... how can you drive a mospeada in 1st person? how can you fly a legioss and watch it manuver and transform?

FPS giant transforming robot game = lame ass

Maybe because you never get to pilot a fighter? Lame. Defeats the whole point of the game considering the enormity of the role the two fighters played in the series.

Also, as far as I know there are only 3 types of handguns ever shown in the show. There's also a rocket/grenade launcher, forearm blades, rockets and the mini rockets for the ride armors. Sounds pretty limiting in weaponry already. I'd rather play Quake or Half Life

vinnie

Really what a MOSPEADA/RT NG game needs is to be not just FPS, but also TPS.

i.e., first-person for on-foot combat, third-person for ride armor, and selectable cameras for Legioss/Alpha (or Tread/Beta). Maybe just have the ability to swap between first- and third-person views no matter what you're doing/wearing/piloting/whatever (like in the good old Shogo - MAD)

Still, I find it quite amusing that they call it "Robotech: Invasion". I had a MOSPEADA/RT NG mod for Half-Life a ways back by that same name (I removed the "RT" part just before the project's demise in order to win over some MOSPEADA fans) - which, BTW, did in fact utilize both first- and third-person perspectives by the last dev version (though I did not yet have the Cyclone truly transformable yet)

For small arms, Mospeada is actually quite varied and complex. They have the ubiquitous Galant pistol which has three different configurations, the Wolf pistol which can be with or without suppressor, then they have those two larger rifle/pistol weapons that have boxy fronts (used by Ray in the "Inherit the Stars" episode and by Jim in the episode they are trying to evade the Inbits early in the show), then there is the Wolf SMG (the one Mint uses in episode two for two seconds till the mag runs out), the heavy assault rifle carried by Stick's mospeada, the rocket launcher carried by Houquet's Mospeada (and is man portable as seen in several episodes) and if you look even closer there are several other nameless one-off pistols and rifles that show up every other episode... throw in the limpet mines, grenades and a few other "made up just for the game" guns and you have a pretty thick arsenal.

Still, FPS is a bad idea...

FPS is ass. Its good for a lot of things, but this should have been done Drand theft Auto style. Ground combat where you run over to a bike that can turn into a jet pack. That would of been cool.

Maybe we can toggle out of FPS, I mean how the hell is one guy supposed to fight those invid without ride armor anyway?

The graphics don't look the best, to the point I'd prefer a return to cell shading.

Not to mention taking Invid mecha on foot is not sound tactically, or the fact how can he lug around Cyclone weaponry without a Cyclone...

I doubt it'll be the killer-app to convince me buying a console is a worthwhile way of using money :(

Cyc

I gotta agree with you guys, whoever came up with the art on the left page should be shot. It looked really awful....the rainbow coalition Optimus Prime, Megatron statue, happy kid with Legioss. It all looks awful. :blink: