Armless hero Mechs

Boxer

The Orguss "Hero" mech was based on an armless Gerwalk called "Bronco II".

The original Destroid Monster MK I had no arms, they were added to the MK II.

Neat observation. I haven't realised Armless mechs are usually villians....

Well the Destroids don't count. They weren't hero mecha in the sense that they were constantly blown up :( And none of the main characters pilot them for long (If at all...)

The Bronco doesn't count either because it didn't even make it past the first eleven episodes of Orguss. And it's not the title mecha.

And is the Crescens piloted ALL THE TIME by the hero mecha? Does it kill hordes of smaller, unfreindly mecha?

We need a hero mecha without arms just to prove that you don't need arms to be cool. :D

And is the Crescens piloted ALL THE TIME by the hero mecha? Does it kill hordes of smaller, unfreindly mecha?

The Crescens wasn't the hero's mech. It was a late addition to the party, and belonged to the hero's kid, if I recall(haven't played Xenogears in ages, disk 2 makes me too sad).

There was ONE episode of Voltron/Golion where the hero mech was armless.

It was the single most incredibly retarded stunt in the entire series, though.

in vandread jurahs crab thing and the other one's bird thing, ghost in the shell, those spider tanks were used by good and bad (not the movie)

but generally i would say yes, the hero mecha are generally humanoid because it is a familiar easily accepted shape to the human eye and when the enemy mecha mecha have a strange unfamiliar shape iuts easier to accept them as inhuman

Besides, the Crecens has arms- they're just wings.

yeah and the Macross TV SDF-1 has Ships and not ARMS, only DYRL SDF-1 has ARMs.

But you know, Hero's mostly battle the odds, like 1 vs 2 or more. So if they can even the odds a bit they'll add the ARMs. I mean why not, it's mecha and not human so it's fairly easy. The life of an Mecha hero without arms is just too short since he's not smart enough to add the arms.

no arms??? how do you hold the really big pointy? :blink::rolleyes:

I can think of a few battletech mechs that had no arms but as for heros.....

I know there was a robot in "techromancer" that had no arms but could kick your shins till you died :lol:

Stupid technicalities!

You could say the front legs are a form of arms. Maybe I should say I meant there aren't any pure two-legged only hero mecha...

But then again I suppose some can say Zoids wasn't a real mecha show :D

/Kidding.

Well, technically, the MOSPEADA ride armor doesn't have arms - those are supplied by the rider! :-)

How about the snail-form Hover Cargo from Zoids? or one of those creepy-crawly types?

Do the 'claws' on the big-ass GP03D Dendrobium count as 'hands'?

The Rescue Sentai Gogo-Five had a bunch of mecha that combined into an armless 'Beetle Mars' mode.

From older times, Gaiking had his Daikumaryu 'Space Dragon' - only 2 legs/claws. Space Shefriff Gavan also dad his big-ass dragon ship...

Overall, i'd say it's easier to find hero mechs without legs! ;-)

That's true. The Difrand comes to mind...

You could call the ARMDs/Carriers ARMS on the Macross because they look like arms in a humanoid shape. There aren't any hero machines out there which look like a regult (i.e. no arms or hands in any shape, just a pair of legs and a body with guns).