Image Request

GodMedia

Okay, I've looked all over the web and I can't find this pic anywhere. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I'm sure it's someplace obvious, but I just haven't found it.

The copy I'm showing here is from Robotech.com, I want this pic without the RT watermark. I'd like it this resolution or better.

Thanks everyone! I hope I'm not posting this in the wrong spot :huh: .

post-2-1075794011_thumb.jpg

Sorry Its a Robotech image, its been in the Robotech fan website system for quite a while.. I recognize it immediatly, good luck finding one without a "Robotech" something or other on it.

I could remove it with Photoshop for you, at a cost of course ;)

Edited by Southcross

20min PS job.  Enjoy.

Thanks! That was great work with PS! I thought about "fixing" it, but I just didn't have the patience. Very cool of you.

-GM

PS:

I've seen this pic before, without the RT and at a lower resolution. I may even have it in my files, but I'd have to dig through a pile of CDs to make sure that I'm not lying. It used to be a pretty popular Macross/RT image.

The other image that was pretty popular was the one of Hikaru in the pilot seat of his Valk with the Macross taking off behind him. I once read on here, though, that that one was "created" from other pics by HG or one of it's flunkies. It'd be nice to find the sources for that image if this is true.

Edited by GodMedia

Yeah, I doubt that this image was originally a Robotech image. I remember first seeing it on the back of the comic books by Comico. . . when they were advertising the actual television show. And that was back before HG was putting out anything that wasn't jut re-branded stuff from Japan.

And, as others have said, this looks like other non-HG artwork. I think it has just been seen so much over at rt.com and on their product literature and advertisements that some have assumed it is artwork commissioned by HG. Or a fan-work. But I don't think it's either.

Could be wrong though. :)

H

P.S. Great PS job! Nice to have a pristine version!

Does anybody remeber where that image is from to begin with? The style is the same as the old Arii/Imai box art.

I think it was part of the poster book collections. Not entirely sure though.

If you're thinking of the This Is Animation "original illustration" portfolios, it's not from them. But the style is somewhat similar.

20min PS job. Enjoy

Dangard? it took you 20 mins to do that? NM, I'll just quit now while I'm ahead, because come now... I'd hate to start laughing :D

Now I might be wrong, but I thought the laser beams coming from the sensor ports on the VF nose was an original Macross animation error? Kind of like the tail missles, and the F117s carpet bombing in Mac0?

FYI I had seen that image floating around RT internet fan sites for a long long time. I had never seen it on a Macross site, but as always I have been proven wrong on occations.

Does anybody remeber where that image is from to begin with? The style is the same as the old Arii/Imai box art.

I think it was part of the poster book collections. Not entirely sure though.

If you're thinking of the This Is Animation "original illustration" portfolios, it's not from them. But the style is somewhat similar.

Yup that was what I was thinking of... oh well...

20min PS job. Enjoy

Dangard? it took you 20 mins to do that? NM, I'll just quit now while I'm ahead, because come now... I'd hate to start laughing :D

Well if I wanted to just use the clone tool and do it that way it would've been faster, say 10mins but then you leave behind artifacts and the color matching is off.

...but hey, I'll let my works that I've shown here in the past speak for themselves. Old timers here should recognize these.

2 Gundam Newtype images for Tallgeese from the old boards.

2 wm cheng models with new backgrounds.

20min PS job. Enjoy

Well if I wanted to just use the clone tool and do it that way it would've been faster, say 10mins but then you leave behind artifacts and the color matching is off.

...but hey, I'll let my works that I've shown here in the past speak for themselves. Old timers here should recognize these.

2 Gundam Newtype images for Tallgeese from the old boards.

2 wm cheng models with new backgrounds.

Calm down... just poking fun

Now I might be wrong, but I thought the laser beams coming from the sensor ports on the VF nose was an original Macross animation error? Kind of like the tail missles, and the F117s carpet bombing in Mac0?

Yes, the laser beams from the sensor ports is an error from the original animation, but only Robotech embraced it and tried to explain it as an "official" feature of the VF-1. The tail missiles aren't an error at all; rather, they were deliberately put in by Ichiroh Itano. This has been covered in a recent thread.

Somebody said the M0 carpet-bombing jets were actually B-2's but I don't know where it is in the series. (Discussion here.)

One definite error in M0, though--Shin's VF-0D has rifling grooves inside its head laser. Visible in the underwater sequence.

Woa!

Hey Dangard, any chance I could get the lower right sample enlagred for a desktop?

On topic: In all my searching on the internet for both RT and Macross I haven't seen this image anywhere on any of the individual boards. Not much to offer, but it's another testimony...

Might want to check some of the various artbooks done by some of the artists. You could browse throught MW's images/artbooks pages and try to find the authors, then look for the books they have available.

Woa!

Hey Dangard, any chance I could get the lower right sample enlagred for a desktop?

I'd like to second that,

The Elint pic is awesome too. Great work.

The pic actually appeared in the Robotech Art 1 book and a similar picture of a Mospeada Ride Armor (Cyclone) was included with the RDF Membership kit that Harmony Gold used for it's fan club years ago.

Maybe there is something to the fact that this pic from Macross, and one like it from Mospeada were both available... :huh:

post-2-1075889846_thumb.jpg

Edited by GodMedia

I've never seen this picture in any Japanese Macross book, so I assume that it is a pure RT work.

The art style has vague similarties to Yoshiyuki Takani, the artist who did the box art for many of the old original Imai and Arii Macross models.

Graham

This is where I remember first seeing it. I have this gawd awful book floating around here somewhere. :unsure:

Opus, if you have any Robotech books and feel like getting rid of them? please give me a PM. Maybe we can work something out ;)

I've never seen this picture in any Japanese Macross book, so I assume that it is a pure RT work.

The art style has vague similarties to Yoshiyuki Takani, the artist who did the box art for many of the old original Imai and Arii Macross models.

Graham

Nope. The image is an original Macross one ('been floating around since 1982), but you are correct: no Macross related book contains it. It probably comes from advertising. Years ago many (now-dead) sites had this image in their galleries.

Somebody said the M0 carpet-bombing jets were actually B-2's but I don't know where it is in the series.

It was me, and I still think they are B-2s. See the screenshot below. People were foolished just because they miss the editing.

One definite error in M0, though--Shin's VF-0D has rifling grooves inside its head laser. Visible in the underwater sequence.

From the way it was drawn, maybe it was just a protective diaphragm (looks like it can close). Or maybe the rifling aids the insulation of the barrel.

But I understand this is over-stretching :D

FV

post-2-1075926306_thumb.jpg

Somebody said the M0 carpet-bombing jets were actually B-2's but I don't know where it is in the series.

It was me, and I still think they are B-2s. See the screenshot below. People were foolished just because they miss the editing.

From the way it was drawn, maybe it was just a protective diaphragm (looks like it can close). Or maybe the rifling aids the insulation of the barrel.

But I understand this is over-stretching :D

FV

Well from a metalogical (SP? I know I'm not spelling it right) standpoint, rifleing in a laser/particle barrel can actually help to disipate heat (though preferably you would want it on the outside to act as a heat sink). Just a thought.

The Stealth bombers appear within like the first 5 mins of Ep 1 of Mac0. When they are talking about the Global Cival War. Stealth Bombers carpet bombing... how pathetic can they get, only takes 2 minutes of reasearch to find out that isn't gonna happen.

From the above pic, those are B2's.  And whose to say that they can't carpet bomb?  You can always refit a bay to carry something else...

Well they dont' have the Bay "capacity" to hold enough bombs to constitute "carpet bombing". Also the aircraft does not have the "weight capacity" to carry multiple racks of 500 pounders... its not gonna happen

What they could do, but is not portrayed, they could carry a 1000lb Cluster bomb. But if memory recalls, they don't make 1000lb cluster bomb... besides the fact that the "cluster bombs" were banned by the Geneva convention. But Mac0 is fantasy, I guess Hikaru's magic bicycle could exist ;)

Ack... its after 1, I really need to go to bed :(

EDIT----

I make a partial retraction, according to the Airforce website.. the load capacity of the B2 is 40,000lbs... it could hold enough "TNT" ordanance, but they still lack the physical space to hold that many bombs to do a "carpet bombing"

Edited by Southcross