'Pee-wee Herman' actor Paul Reubens dead at 70

From FoxNews:

Paul Reubens, the comedian who played the popular children's character Pee-wee Herman, has died at 70 following a battle with cancer.

"Last night we said farewell to Paul Reubens, an iconic American actor, comedian, writer and producer whose beloved character Pee-wee Herman delighted generations of children and adults with his positivity, whimsy and belief in the importance of kindness," his long-time rep said in a statement obtained by Fox News Digital.

"Paul bravely and privately fought cancer for years with his trademark tenacity and wit. A gifted and prolific talent, he will forever live in the comedy pantheon and in our hearts as a treasured friend and man of remarkable character and generosity of spirit," she added.

(more)

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/pee-wee-herman-actor-paul-reubens-reported-dead-at-70

I just heard the news. Love Pee Wee as a kid and the slightly more adult version before he was famous. I also got a kick out of his roles in Cheech and Chong films as well as the goofy vampire in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. 
Hopefully he will be remembered more for his humor and less for that infamous theater incident 

37 minutes ago, Big s said:

I just heard the news. Love Pee Wee as a kid and the slightly more adult version before he was famous. I also got a kick out of his roles in Cheech and Chong films as well as the goofy vampire in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. 
Hopefully he will be remembered more for his humor and less for that infamous theater incident 

I also remember him as one of the FBI agents in Mathilda and Max's voice in Flight of the Navigator.

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

I also remember him as one of the FBI agents in Mathilda and Max's voice in Flight of the Navigator.

I loved Flight of the Navigator as a kid. I wore out a video tape due to constant rewatching back then. 

38 minutes ago, Big s said:

I loved Flight of the Navigator as a kid. I wore out a video tape due to constant rewatching back then. 

I still watch that movie.

Despite a name like Pee-Wee, Reubens had a really big impact, and all for the better. Hope he's having a blast on Reuben's Great Adventure!

The best quote I heard about him, about Pee Wee really, was something like "he was completely wholesome, and completely subversive".  I think that summed it up perfectly.  

RIP and thanks for the laughs!  Tell Large Marge hello for me.

• azrael locked this topic