Kingdom of The Planet of the Apes

sh9000

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Old_Nash_II said:

Bring back Taylor

It's a different timeline; however, and I'm likely mistaken on this, I seem to remember there being some off-handed easter egg/mention in one of the reimagining movies regarding the launch of the Icarus deep space manned probe, so... who knows?  It could happen in a future installment if the franchise remains self-consistent, competently written and directed (no ham-fisted insertion of THE MESSAGE) and, most important of all for future viability, profitable... judging solely by the first three movies and this teaser trailer, it looks very promising.

• 3 months later...
On 2/12/2024 at 10:43 AM, Tking22 said:

Looks frakking incredible! I loved the first three films, best reboot series to come out of Hollywood, possibly ever? 

Agreed.  They haven't missed a step.

179722AA-895E-4E22-A17C-BD168CECDA1E.gif.ff4803ada756b89f6c648ae92ea95339.gif

Found this in my email.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed in the first remake film how they Easter egged that there was a space mission that they had lost contact with - which of course alluded to the Taylor and the astronaut crew in the original 60’s movie.  I thought it was really well done foreshadowing.  I’m disappointed the astronauts did not return in this current movie.  I hope they get to it before the series dies out.

On 5/18/2024 at 7:46 AM, glane21 said:

I enjoyed in the first remake film how they Easter egged that there was a space mission that they had lost contact with - which of course alluded to the Taylor and the astronaut crew in the original 60’s movie.  I thought it was really well done foreshadowing.  I’m disappointed the astronauts did not return in this current movie.  I hope they get to it before the series dies out.

I think they have a long ways to go if they repeat the original film timeline. I think this new film was only a few hundred years after War, whereas the original film was set thousands of years in the future, the new movies need to pack on at least a few hundred more years before we should expect the missing space crew.